Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts
Will you watch the new HP movie and/or read the new book? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What will you do first?
  Watch the movie
  Read the book
  Do both!
View Results

kristine54

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:08 am
So will you watch the new Harry Potter movie entitled the Order of the Phoenix, read the new Deathly Hallows book, or do both?

Well, for me, whichever comes first, I would either watch the movie, or read the new book... sweatdrop

How about you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:46 pm
I'm not too big on the movies, mainly because the books have so much more information in them and I like to imagine what everybody looks like, and sometimes the actors that get cast (*cough*hack*Lupin*cough*) completely deviate from what I'd had in mind appearance-wise (*cough*themustachewastacky*cough*), even if they do have the skills to portray the character otherwise. Perhaps it's just my inner casting director/costumer doing the talking...that, and Hermione shouldn't look THAT good...

Then again, if they crammed everything that happened in the books into the movies, they might as well have hired Peter Jackson to do the directing, if you know what I mean. You'd have 4-5 hour long movies on your hands. So yeah, just the book for me.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

kristine54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:05 am
Falafel25
I'm not too big on the movies, mainly because the books have so much more information in them and I like to imagine what everybody looks like, and sometimes the actors that get cast (*cough*hack*Lupin*cough*) completely deviate from what I'd had in mind appearance-wise (*cough*themustachewastacky*cough*), even if they do have the skills to portray the character otherwise. Perhaps it's just my inner casting director/costumer doing the talking...that, and Hermione shouldn't look THAT good...

Then again, if they crammed everything that happened in the books into the movies, they might as well have hired Peter Jackson to do the directing, if you know what I mean. You'd have 4-5 hour long movies on your hands. So yeah, just the book for me.

well, yeah... I think you're right... sweatdrop the books do have a lot more info about the story... but the movie adoptions were made just in case they didn't afford to buy the books, for they're expensive for some... sad

By the way, thanks for taking your time in replying this forum... biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:39 am
kristine54
Falafel25

well, yeah... I think you're right... sweatdrop the books do have a lot more info about the story... but the movie adoptions were made just in case they didn't afford to buy the books, for they're expensive for some... sad

No problem. I actually do know people who exclusively watch the movies. Still, most of the books are free if you have a library nearby, and getting a library card is usually also either free or very cheap (around a dollar or so). The only downside is that they don't ususally get them right on launch day, so by the time you'd get to read them, the spoilers would already be circulating.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

kristine54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:44 pm
Falafel25
kristine54
Falafel25

No problem. I actually do know people who exclusively watch the movies. Still, most of the books are free if you have a library nearby, and getting a library card is usually also either free or very cheap (around a dollar or so). The only downside is that they don't ususally get them right on launch day, so by the time you'd get to read them, the spoilers would already be circulating.

well, I guess you're right... neutral but it depends on the law whether the books will be allowed to be added in the library to be borrowed... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:29 am
I will do both but, since the movie comes out first I will do that first.  

Jazzy131517

kristine54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:30 am
Jazzy131517
I will do both but, since the movie comes out first I will do that first.

oh, ok... I sure hope it's worth the wait to watch... confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:13 am
i started out with the books so i lik ehtem more, but, i watch both movies and read books  

Lamenting Shadows

7,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

kristine54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:55 pm
kurama_Shadows
i started out with the books so i lik ehtem more, but, i watch both movies and read books

oh, ok... I sure hope you'll enjoy both the movie and the book... wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:58 pm
I almost wish I hadn't seen the fifth movie. I love the book and because of that the movie was disappointing. The same thing happened with the third book and movie.  

yougotownt12341245453

candis45

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 pm
kurama_Shadows
same with me  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:37 pm
I like the books better than the movies. Although my sister said that the latest movie made her think naughty thoughts. I may have to go see it.  

SinginginSilence

kristine54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:45 am
more replies and votes will be appreciated... thank you for your time... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:07 pm
I already watch the movie and then i will read the 7th book! I want to know what happens and no body tell me...... evil  

Apprentice_Ryuu

kristine54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:37 am
@Apprentice_Ryuu:

well, I just finished watching the 5th movie... and well, a lot of things happened, especially when Voldemort was once again returned, and what was once a lie in the Daily Prophet suddenly became a truth... ^^

But, about the book? well, I'll try to tell you after I started reading it... sweatdrop

74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff