Do shows such as Tim and Eric Awsome show belong on AS? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does it really have its place on AS?
  Yes it does.
  No it doesn't.
  I don't know, since I don't watch Tim and Eric.
View Results

EnvysLoveSlave

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:36 am
There has been some questioning and debate as to rather the show Tim and Eric belongs on AS. Some feel that it really doesn't belong since its not a true animated show. Do you feel this way? Why or why not? Please avoid flaming and personal attacks, discuss this in a reasonable matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:26 am
I don't like the show, but I don't have a problem with it being on [adult swim]. Cartoon Network does not need to be entirely cartoons. That's just my opinion.  

Dabogrl

Distrustful Lunatic

Fr0sty_Tears

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:26 pm
its a retarded show... that is the point of it if you actually pay attention to any episode, it is entirely retarded... if you cant tell i HATE this show. in no way should it be allowed on tv, my iq drops 10 points any time i see a commercial for it  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:41 pm
Tim & Eric makes my head hurt >.> Silly is one thing, stupid is another. Cartoon Network seems to be branching out a bit in general with its programming - they're showing the old live-action Goosebumps episodes for Halloween and they have that Out of Jimmy's Head show. I miss the cartoon only days >.> That is what I come to them for!

...that and crappy but entertaining stop-motion ^.^  

Nami no Shi

Shoe Slayer

2,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:23 pm
a lot of it is animated actually.....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:30 am
I adore Tim and Eric (T&E Awesome Show, Tom Goes To The Mayor).

Quite possibly my favorite shows on Adult Swim.

naive melody

kawaii aardvark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 pm
God no  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:12 pm
Well
Tim and Eric are awesome.
even their show says it  

Not-So TinyMech

SonofLink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:46 am
They have a sense of humor that only some people understand.
Unfortuneatly,I'm not one of these people.
And this coming from someone who actually likes 12 oz. Mouse.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:43 am
Adult swim is seperate from cartoon network, what they do on there doesnt mean its connected with cartoon network.

Tim and Eric is purposefully retarted, thats how they make their show. I think it's an ok show that has its good moments, but there r probably other better shows that could use their time slot. They'd probably be better on the website only

And 12 oz Mouse is the s**t  

spidrmanny

Intuet

Conservative Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 am
I think they're going for a late-night, so freaky it's cool sort of feel, the way late night horror show hosts were. I think for a large part of the audience they desire to attract, they fail bigtime.
A lot of homegrown Adult Swim stuff just seems like what happens after hapless wretches have too many drinks and start talking about what would be funny...to each other. Suggest that we keep storyboards away from them. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:44 am
I really hate this show... I wish it would burn twisted
They should use this time slot for more anime instead.
Tim and Eric is so terrible that it scares me.

This is their show and what I'll do to it----> burning_eyes  

Tt2z

TrapperMitch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:32 pm
Unless your drugged or enjoy that kind of seemingly retarded ******** of a show, I really only see it as a slot filler.
Then again perhaps it's trying to be like one of those live action cartoons, and thats why it seems so off.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:16 pm
First, its should be said that AS is known for the anime it shows, however thats not its original purpose. It originally showed either adult animated shows and other (i guess) American made shows targeted for adults.
However, Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job or any of the other shows that they've produced either make no sense or aren't really that funny. I mean, I do enjoy the occasional Family Guy, Futurama, or The Simpsons style of situational or just-plain-stupid style of comedy here and there, but Tim and Eric doesn't even get a smirk out of me. I know there isn't a plot, and if there is then I'm sorry for the fans of the show but I just didn't see it, but they could have at least TRIED to be funny. I could do the same thing they did by having two mentally slow people go in front of a camera and just do stupid s**t to each other.
In spite of that, I will say that Tim and Eric (not the shows) can do two things right and that's wasting people's time and filling up slots on the AS line up that could be used for better shows like (I'm just using examples. That doesn't mean AS is actually putting them on.) Hellsing, other anime, or American made young adult cartoon.  

Zarc07

Raider

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200

youdoit

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:37 pm
BEAVER BOYZ ROCK!!  
84: Adult Swim & Cartoon Network

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items