Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got it? ;'D
  NO! They DO have magical powers! D<
  Yessir, Mister Sirdy Sir!
View Results

GinoLeTV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:17 pm
Attention! Copy/pasting the below message does NOT over-ride copyrights! Even if every human within 4 miles of a computer registers at YouTube and pastes that at every anime video, YouTube will not ignore the fact that lawyers are forcing them to take it down. Do not believe that by posting that at every video page with anime will stop YouTube.

Ignorant people
STOP YOUTUBE!!! For your information, Youtube is getting rid of all Anime videos. Every night at 10:00p.m. they have a maintenence that deletes any videos that are Anime... To stop Youtube from doing this, You need to get enough people to Protest... To do this, please help by Copying and Pasting this message to all of the Anime Videos from being deleted. STOP YOUTUBE!!!
I shall dissect it for you.

STOP YOUTUBE!!! For your information, Youtube is getting rid of all Anime videos.
Most likely because they don't want to be sued. If they're sued then you get no free videos, or YouTube may just plain end.

Every night at 10:00p.m. they have a maintenence that deletes any videos that are Anime...
I love how they don't tell you how a "maintenence" can tell the difference between anime and a guy crapping on a cat.

To stop Youtube from doing this, You need to get enough people to Protest...
Because protesting people override the law. No, seriously. Read the constitution once in awhile.

To do this, please help by Copying and Pasting this message to all of the Anime Videos from being deleted.
Because once it's deleted you can still comment on it.

STOP YOUTUBE!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:52 am
i dont think they delete the amvs though  

hotfudgesundaegirl

GinoLeTV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:10 pm
dacapo101
i dont think they delete the amvs though
No, I don't think AMVs have copyright problems. Or if they do, the owners of the anime used don't much care.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:45 pm
*is watching anime right now on youtube* sweatdrop  

3x3_eyes

urxlastxhope

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:03 am
3x3_eyes
isnt everyone thats doing this right now?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:02 pm
urxlastxhope
3x3_eyes
isnt everyone thats doing this right now?
im not but i got a list of anime and they are starting to get blocked  

moko123456789

ShinosStalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Two of my favorite amvs were recently removed because of copywriting. A little message in red told me so o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:12 pm
I have a solution-

Veoh.com

That's my solution  

ForPosterityOnly

Ms. Zorra

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:03 am
Eh, it is a problem for them. They really do get sued. So they go up, find out who screams about it and then they get pulled down. I really enjoy the Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot animes from Japan. I only see them on YouTube, they aren't available here, but the Japanese have found out about YouTube and request daily to have the ones they find on there pulled. I wish they would sell them here so I could buy the ones I like, but they aren't for sale here yet.

AMV's are a hoot. Usually the people who make them put them up. That way it is no problem anyway!

I agree, cutting and pasting isn't going to solve a legal problem. It isn't like this is an imminent domain issue. It is a copyright holder issue and that means YouTube can't really protest, they just have to pull them. Period.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:06 pm
There is a fair use policy. If you parody the media or use it for a purpose different than what it was meant for as long as you're not hindering sales of the original product, you can do whatever you want to it...  

Naokohiro

--Vampireluvsslipknot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:19 pm
Watching anime on youtube is what everyone does  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:08 pm
Deathbreak911
I have a solution-

Veoh.com

That's my solution

cool. that's my solution too 3nodding  

darkness323

6,800 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Rilriia Kilurden

5,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:02 am
Ever heard of the original Napster? Or perhaps WinMX?

Let me bring that closer to home then with a little tale of an online e-Book site called BlackMask Online. This site featured hundreds (if not thousands) of works that were no longer in copyright. Authors could also choose to showcase their copyrighted books on the site.

People downloaded, people read, people had fun. . . Until one fateful day when an author's work that was still in copyright got featured without his permission. Instead of simply asking the site to remove the work (which it did), he sued them and shut the site down.

Now no one has the ability to read or have fun.

This is a classic case of greed and averice. . .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:22 am
GinoLeTV
No, I don't think AMVs have copyright problems. Or if they do, the owners of the anime used don't much care.

It's doubtful the creators do care. Fan art of any kind, AMV's included, give them free press and put the anime in question out to a broader audience.  

Rilriia Kilurden

5,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
22: Youtube Theatre

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items