Reply 39: Spirituality.
Grimoire of Sune (see edit post)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daemonfuchs

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:21 pm
I've been working on my little book from which this thread's title is derived. for a while now and it has come to the point that i require the help of other pagans, witches, polytheists, wiccans, etc. so that i may complete it. for this reason i have made this thread, to cover suggestions and bits that you beleive should be put in the book... i would like to note however that it has a large amount of information in it already.

I have coverd magical circles, protection spells, candle magic basics and several other key details to suporting the book, and i will add several other know-hows of magic later. but what i need the most right now is filler, basically what magics work best for you? and should i put them in the book? how should i best translate them into the sunian polytheistic diety system?

That is my purpose here, with this thread. and so i ask of those who are willing to share their knowledge to do so...  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:07 am
Poppet magic, healing spells, divination, astral travel, alpha state, rites of passage.

For me, actions taken in the astral plane have the biggest effect on my life and others. Nomal spells (involving circle, invocations, etc) Work well sometimes, more so when constructed in accordance with the phase of the moon.

Knowledge of Chi or life energy/pranic energy is vital.
Crystal magic is fun and for some people very effective, I have a tektite that doesn't seem to help me, but other people have had marvelous results with them.

All that in there? This stuff is pretty easy to find out about, after all, I know it and am not in a coven.

Oh, one of the best forms of magic is rune magic. Sure, I can explain away why it works, but that doesn't change the fact that it works.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Daemonfuchs

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:06 am
Efstathios
Poppet magic, healing spells, divination, astral travel, alpha state, rites of passage.

For me, actions taken in the astral plane have the biggest effect on my life and others. Nomal spells (involving circle, invocations, etc) Work well sometimes, more so when constructed in accordance with the phase of the moon.

Knowledge of Chi or life energy/pranic energy is vital.
Crystal magic is fun and for some people very effective, I have a tektite that doesn't seem to help me, but other people have had marvelous results with them.

All that in there? This stuff is pretty easy to find out about, after all, I know it and am not in a coven.

Oh, one of the best forms of magic is rune magic. Sure, I can explain away why it works, but that doesn't change the fact that it works.

the grimoire of sune will have the astral dealings and outerplanar manipulations but for now im dealing with minor spells and workings, you know the small stuff that help build up your abilities, and yes i do wholeheartedly agree about rune magic, infact most of my workings deal with the runes of old and many of my dieties are from that same era, (pre-norsican)  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 am
my cousin Therifos will cover the peice of the grimoire about outer planar magics as that is his expertise, while my youngest cousin Nightok will cover the fire magics, and my sister (Ialna) will cover summonings and im mostly in charge of crystal and storm magic but im also incharge of the first 5 chapters which include adapting to the magical currents and small spells that can inhance the casters abilities in magic with practice.  

Daemonfuchs

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:05 pm
Minor spells... Simple scrying is good, I really think divinatory practices are a good way to get in touch with your mind and the energies of the universe.
I've actually found that with other people who practice certain magic, I can hear what they say before they say it. It's a little weird, to see someone's past, especially if it's a painful memory.

Blessings are probably a good way to get comfortable with magic.

A lot of what I've learned, I wasn't awake when I learned it, I've been taught many things in dreams or by spirit guides or witches in the astral plane. Some things I have sworn never to reveal.

Have any of you mentioned anima/animus in the grimoire? An anima is the female half of a male and an animus is the male half of a female. I can't remember why they're important, but they are.
shamans-cave.com has some interesting information, though no specific spells are given.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 pm
Efstathios
Minor spells... Simple scrying is good, I really think divinatory practices are a good way to get in touch with your mind and the energies of the universe.
I've actually found that with other people who practice certain magic, I can hear what they say before they say it. It's a little weird, to see someone's past, especially if it's a painful memory.

Blessings are probably a good way to get comfortable with magic.

A lot of what I've learned, I wasn't awake when I learned it, I've been taught many things in dreams or by spirit guides or witches in the astral plane. Some things I have sworn never to reveal.

Have any of you mentioned anima/animus in the grimoire? An anima is the female half of a male and an animus is the male half of a female. I can't remember why they're important, but they are.
shamans-cave.com has some interesting information, though no specific spells are given.
noran was talking about those but i wasnt listening i was working on my soulbinding spell... a couple of friends who are deeply adoring of each other want to be bound by the soul, despite the risk so i worked it out and tested it... (on rats first of course) its funny to watch the soulbound rats, they get confused alot...  

Daemonfuchs

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:58 pm
For some reason soulbinding sounds like a very bad idea.

If you're too far from the person, you could feel like you're physically being torn apart. Your emotions might be impacted by theirs and vice versa, there can be no secrets.

Also they must do it themselves, I don't see how an outside force could bind two souls...Unless I'm greatly underestimating your abilities, which is likely, since I've never met any magic practictioner other than my parents and they didn't teach me much, they were more concerned with their studies than with teaching me anything.

Maybe I'm thinking of something different, something I did once. It sounds like the same thing though, in the astral realm I removed a piece of my soul and a piece of someone else's. Combined them and put half of the combination back into each of us.
The results have been almost frightening, does this sound similar?  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:27 pm
Efstathios
For some reason soulbinding sounds like a very bad idea.

If you're too far from the person, you could feel like you're physically being torn apart. Your emotions might be impacted by theirs and vice versa, there can be no secrets.

Also they must do it themselves, I don't see how an outside force could bind two souls...Unless I'm greatly underestimating your abilities, which is likely, since I've never met any magic practictioner other than my parents and they didn't teach me much, they were more concerned with their studies than with teaching me anything.

Maybe I'm thinking of something different, something I did once. It sounds like the same thing though, in the astral realm I removed a piece of my soul and a piece of someone else's. Combined them and put half of the combination back into each of us.
The results have been almost frightening, does this sound similar?

its not the same, but very similar i did do a soul combining but you picked out its main flaw: Power
you see the problem is it takes soo much energy to do it nearly kills the caster it only works well with smaller things so far... but from my experiments the subjects themselves would have to be in on the casting for it to work at human size... i mean its not like im a god or an arch demon... if i was it would be too easy to do, though in theory if i build a strong enough "battery" i could charge it, one like the supercharged crystal of power used in the hell gate ritual... i am putting it in so that i can build a counter just incase somone decides to go all out on a hapless person that way my readers can learn defense from such powerfull magics, gods know ive had some bad run ins with former students who wanted my place in the order...... (typing first chapters now, runes and basic info stuff)  

Daemonfuchs

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:25 pm
Wow, sounds like the contents of your book will be above anything I've had the knowledge to do on my own without entering the Astral Realm, I feel so ignorant sometimes. ^^

I really ought to learn more about magic using crystals...I need to find a teacher.
The Bible belt, by the way, is a great place to find a teacher for any pagan practices or magic rolleyes

Counters will probably turn out to be practically the most important thing in the book, aside from the basics, people worry about psychic and magical attacks more than you'd think in "enlightened" societies.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Efstathios
Wow, sounds like the contents of your book will be above anything I've had the knowledge to do on my own without entering the Astral Realm, I feel so ignorant sometimes. ^^

I really ought to learn more about magic using crystals...I need to find a teacher.
The Bible belt, by the way, is a great place to find a teacher for any pagan practices or magic rolleyes

Counters will probably turn out to be practically the most important thing in the book, aside from the basics, people worry about psychic and magical attacks more than you'd think in "enlightened" societies.

Makes ya wonder doesnt it?  

Daemonfuchs

Daemonfuchs

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:49 pm
i just got a new quartz, its about 3 inch wide and 3 inch tall perfect for my larger spells...  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:47 pm
EDIT: the spell sections have been completed and im waiting for another cuningham book to arrive in the mail so i can continue my reagent index, however i do need some help in the alchemy department, i cant reach anyone in my family or via astral projection who knows anything about alchemy so if you know some books or have some alchemy based suggestions please post them here so i can keep working on my book.
thank you! heart

Daemonfuchs

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:56 pm
I know only blood rituals. But, I wont allow them to be printed. If you do it wrong, it means your life. They look cool to spectaters, but they are dangerous. Not many people know how to properly do it. I do.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:59 pm
Aaah blood rituals. -shakes head-
I don't know what to make of them, they're effective but it seems like an unecessary risk. There's other ways to accomplish the same ends, usually.
I'm afraid I know nothing about alchemy though, sorry.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
39: Spirituality.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items