Reply 72: Science & Astronomy Hangout
Formula Sheets

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fires Fuel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:04 pm
What do you all think about professors not allowing an equation sheet for tests? What's to stop us from looking it up at our jobs after we graduate whenever we need to use the equation?

Do they really expect us to remember all those equations? I'm sure I could if that was my only class, but when I have four others asking the same, it can get a little taxing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:05 pm
I'm in 3rd year astrophysics and most of my tests we don't bring in formula sheets. But then again the profs make one for us.

I agree that it is better for you to have one there. You shouldn't have to memorize equations. Noone ever does... well... If there are simple equations that you use all the time, the ones that only have 3 or 4 variables, those ones are easy enough to memorise, you shoudln't need a formula sheet for those.

Math and calculus seem to be different. They want to you memorize the equations... part of it is just remembering the equation correctly.

Either way as you get to higher levels of undergrad the profs will start to give you formula sheets or let you bring one in. ... At least in P&A anyways.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items