View Results

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:17 pm
All of my life I have seen things that no one else has seen. When I was young, my grandparents didn't treat this as though it were odd, and just acted like they were seeing everything I was. Then, during grade school, a psychiatrist diagnosed me with Extreamly Low Frequency brain waves, and gave me these red pills to correct it. I can take the pills, and I won't hear things anymore, but I will still see these things that I know can't be there.
Then I moved in with my friend Joe. One day I was watching one of the creatures that I see, the ones that I ignore as part of an overactive brain, flitting around the kitchen, and Joe turned his head just as though he had seen something fly by. This happened several times, and I began to suspect that perhaps he could see these things that I had assumed were figments my entire life. When I confronted him about it, he said that he always thought that he saw something, just out of the corner of his eye, but when he turned to look at it head on, it disapeared.
Recently I moved again, and my new roommates (both of them) do the same thing! If one of my figments floats by, they turn their heads as if they saw something. I stopped taking my medication unless I need it (it also helps migranes, something common to people with ELFBW) because, well, I live in the States and I can't afford it. I'm begining to think that I might not be crazy after all. Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:25 pm
Very interesting. I wounder what is it that you can see? There is still the pranormal and a lot of things unknown in the world. I wounder what some of the knowageable would say?  

Toshi Shino

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:44 pm
That happens to me occasionally, things like that happen a lot more when I do things that lower the frequency of my brain waves, like entering alpha state or the astral plane.

You're just aware on a different level than other people, the only reason they gave you pills for it is because it's not "normal".

Well, more the astral plane, I think alpha state might actually require a higher frequency. I have so much to learn.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:58 am
waw! thats pretty cool! what do you see? is it scary or are you used to it?  

MeltingMilkBottle

Agile Browser

shadow_rose18

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:44 pm
Wow I don't think that I would like seeing things like that all of the time. I think it would kinda make me paranoid. It's a very interesting gift though. Do you see things like little monsters or ghosts, or what? Just pretty curious.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:46 pm
To those of you who asked for a more detailed description on stuff I've seen... I've always been kind of weary about talking about it because it makes me sound crazy...

But right now, there's a brownie that lives in our house, all Froud. She's female, and her coloration is that to blend in with the forest. She basically looks like a sprite. However, my GF says that when she looks at her, she sees only a yellow light. That's probably one of the least crazy things I've ever seen. There are more, if anyone cares... It's so great to talk to someone who doesn't think that I'l insane.  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:04 pm
Well, I think it's awesome that you can see fae. (From that one description it sounds like a fae folk, some cultures considered the ability to see them to be the mark of a witch)

It just sounds to me like you can see things that are there, but that other people cannot percieve.
I'd enjoy hearing descriptions of other beings you've seen, since I can't see them myself (without doing a lot of work at least XD)
I don't think you're crazy, but if it makes you uncomfortable to talk about it, don't worry about it.

All I've ever seen have mostly been shadows, nothing concrete or that stayed visible once I oriented on it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 am
Efstathios
Well, I think it's awesome that you can see fae. (From that one description it sounds like a fae folk, some cultures considered the ability to see them to be the mark of a witch)

It just sounds to me like you can see things that are there, but that other people cannot percieve.
I'd enjoy hearing descriptions of other beings you've seen, since I can't see them myself (without doing a lot of work at least XD)
I don't think you're crazy, but if it makes you uncomfortable to talk about it, don't worry about it.

All I've ever seen have mostly been shadows, nothing concrete or that stayed visible once I oriented on it.

You know, that's what a lot of my friends say to. This problem has always affected my life, I was even going to school to be a Psychiatrist to help others, but since I got away from my hometown (I'm in college now, like I said, doin' the pre-med thing) I'm starting to question it. See, I wanted to go into pediatrics, to help other kids as I was helped, and I'm a senior now and we started doing case studies, like you do. Well, the kid I got was 9 years old and on 30 different types of medications for agression when all he really needed was a different parenting style. Psychiatrists give children experimental medications all the time because most health insurance plans are supported by the drug companies, who would rather pay for drugs then therapy sessions. The real answer is, Psychiatrists don't get to spend enough time with these children, and are so pressured to prescribe something, that they can't make an accurate judgement.

I'm thinking of changing my major to education... Just hate to when I've only got two classes left to go... But anyway, combine this information with the fact that other people can sort of see them, and I start to feel less and less crazy.

Does anyone here believe that there are spirits sent to watch over children? A few of my friends have said that they've seen/felt things like this before. My GF was always afraid of them, boogie men hiding just out of sight, and I suppose most little kids are. I was never afraid of mine... he never seemed malicius...  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SayGee

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:59 am
happens to you too? everytime i'm in my room just walking around, sorting my thoughts while listining to music that calms me, i see something from the corner of my eye, but it's not flying, it's jsut sitting there on the ground, like in the feetle position, the moment i turn around because i see it out of the corner of my eye it disappears, but i know it's not something in my room, it's like black and gray and white, but nothing in my room is that color. My friend told me how to use a pendolum to see if theres spirits in a room so tried it out and apperntly there is, then again i just may be koo koo  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:38 pm
tsuki no kage uta
happens to you too? everytime i'm in my room just walking around, sorting my thoughts while listining to music that calms me, i see something from the corner of my eye, but it's not flying, it's jsut sitting there on the ground, like in the feetle position, the moment i turn around because i see it out of the corner of my eye it disappears, but i know it's not something in my room, it's like black and gray and white, but nothing in my room is that color. My friend told me how to use a pendolum to see if theres spirits in a room so tried it out and apperntly there is, then again i just may be koo koo

How do you use a pendolum to tell?  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SayGee

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:59 am
I sent you a pm to tell you, if it helps you any me and about 4 of my friends see spirits and things like that too, they actually are more spiritually aware than me, i get small glimpses, they can hear them and see them for about 5 seconds.
so yeah, you're not insane, about being a psyciatrist, it might be better for you to become a psycologist, they don't prescribe medicene they actually take the time to understand the problem and identify it.
I hope to be a psycologist one day for that reason, i love to help and i don't think meds help people fix their problems.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 pm
You're definently not insane, dear. Just... lucky, in a way. smile

Sometimes I [think I] see a cat out of the corner of my eye. And other stuff. : But, that may just be imagination.

&& Sometimes I hear things, but I think I'm just simply paranoid.

Kalathma

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:10 am
Oh I'm definately paranoid.
Do you ever hear something breathing or moving around in your room when you know you've shut the door and there's nothing there? I hate that, I used to think it was aliens or chupacabra or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:06 pm
its not crazy at all, i do same, but i see humans, they disapear though  

War Resistance

RPM Osbourne

1,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:57 pm
you are not crazy, gifted is more like it. all of us have the ability to see these things but some are more natural at it. you all have been naming things like Fairies or ghosts. Fairies can also look like any animal, and sometimes we see them right out in the open as a bug or something else we don't notice. they like to hide because of how bad they have been treated by humans calling them evil. basically Christianity started that movement. but if you open up to them, acknowledge them in your mind and you will become more aware of their presence. and the human was prolley a ghost. heh or maybe a passed relative.

and all of us, not just children, have guardian spirits. I'm not sure which religion it is, but I think it's muslem that think that we each have over 7,000,000,000 guardian angels in our lives.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff