Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NASA
  go NASA
  poll whore
View Results

Cookies n Love

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:40 am
I'm thinking about going to work for NASA along with several other things in mind but I dont know what positions are offered there. I love stars and chemistry, I'm also taking PAP Physics for my Jr year and Astronomy at the collage also. So dose any one know what NASA offers in jobs? smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:52 pm
SaxesRule
I'm thinking about going to work for NASA along with several other things in mind but I dont know what positions are offered there. I love stars and chemistry, I'm also taking PAP Physics for my Jr year and Astronomy at the collage also. So dose any one know what NASA offers in jobs? smile
What type of chemistry? NASA mainly is in biochemistry.  

UF6

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:11 pm
sorry I dont' know much about NASA. Try going to the NASA website and just surfing around there for a while.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:12 pm
AstronomyGirl
sorry I dont' know much about NASA. Try going to the NASA website and just surfing around there for a while.
You never know, since most are in college groups also.  

UF6

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:10 pm
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl

true. I'm in Canada though so there's very few who are part of NASA. I know one prof who use to work there for a few years and one prof who one time she helped decide who woudl get telescope time for one of the telescops down in the US (can't remember which one though.)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:44 pm
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
sorry I don't' know much about NASA. Try going to the NASA website and just surfing around there for a while.

true. I'm in Canada though so there's very few who are part of NASA. I know one prof who use to work there for a few years and one prof who one time she helped decide who would get telescope time for one of the telescope down in the US (can't remember which one though.)
The best ones are in on the mainland are in Nevada, though your country has aerospace up there that works with NASA, though NASA mainly gets contractors in Canada, in a awhile scientists on certain projects at hand. Still thats impressive.  

UF6

Corvius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:35 pm
"Use this site. It will help you a lot:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/agency_search.asp

You can search for jobs for NASA that are up to 100 Miles from your location"...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:25 pm
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
sorry I don't' know much about NASA. Try going to the NASA website and just surfing around there for a while.

true. I'm in Canada though so there's very few who are part of NASA. I know one prof who use to work there for a few years and one prof who one time she helped decide who would get telescope time for one of the telescope down in the US (can't remember which one though.)
The best ones are in on the mainland are in Nevada, though your country has aerospace up there that works with NASA, though NASA mainly gets contractors in Canada, in a awhile scientists on certain projects at hand. Still thats impressive.

3nodding  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

UF6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:10 pm
Red 5

You can search for jobs for NASA that are up to 100 Miles from your location"...
I see John Glen Resurch center and Ames are in need or hands. Thanks for the site.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:11 pm
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl

3nodding
Wish I could go to your country for college though thats not possible.  

UF6

Corvius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:19 pm
Steven Hawkings
Red 5

I see John Glen Resurch center and Ames are in need or hands. Thanks for the site.

"No Problem!" mrgreen ...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:02 am
I would love to work for NASA. Be a part of space exploration, that would be awesome...as for the space flight, ill wait for the commercial ones  

Kurzon_Dax

President Kristian Fry

7,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:43 pm
Right now I am unsure of NASA.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:07 am
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl

3nodding

Why not? There's lots of international students here. Sure it's more expensive, but I don't see why you woudlnt' be able to come to Canada.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

UF6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 pm
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl
Steven Hawkings
AstronomyGirl

3nodding

Why not? There's lots of international students here. Sure it's more expensive, but I don't see why you woudlnt' be able to come to Canada.
I'll see the college I'm waiting on does offer things like that, as I can take classes at MIT and get billed like it was my state college. Bridgewater has a great laser lab and is into qutaum mechanics heavily.  
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games