Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

freak_unleashed

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:46 pm
Ok this is the first time I have seen a letter continually decline so long, even after the next month has been released.
Were the Feb items really that bad that noone wants them?
Or did Gaians just use up the last of their xmas money and go donation crazy flooding the market with them?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:18 am
yup ... i really wanta have some rare items but ! no money... xp  

friendsonly

meebo.laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:11 am
i reckon there's just too much feb 07 items....that's why the prices are getting lower and lower...i reckon this month's items are much better  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:21 am
Seeing as I had to look them up just to remember what they were, I suppose they weren't that great sweatdrop Celebrity date ( talk2hand ) Celestial Wrap ( xp ) Dark Star ( neutral ) They may bounce back in about a year.  

Rhireiah

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:31 pm
I think you are seeing the first signs of deflation. The August - December items and letters have all been dropping in price.

The February/ March letters were also available in huge numbers. I think there are a ton of new users contributing.

All we need is for 20 - 50% of Gaia to stockpile recent stuff and then get banned or leave.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:42 pm
Is all of the prices for things going down lately? Like a recession for the whole site? O.o;  

Kitsune Rena

Dapper Entrepreneur

8,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Anhya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 pm
I desperately want to trade my celebrity date for an elemental hair one.. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:52 pm
well, prices began dropping even before the release of the horror normal shop items, but it only really became noticable afterwards

i'm just glad the older items are starting to recover in prices....  

yoshizuki-chan

Snozberry Dreamsicle

Dangerous Lunatic

4,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:54 am
Ja, it seems a lot of the recent monthly items have been starting to go down in price. The March item has already dropped to around 11k.

I would chalk it up to users simply having more money then they have in the past. The way I see it, the longer your on, the more money you will have. So pretty much the entire population of gaia gets richer by the day, so its easier for them to afford such items, and in turn flood the market with them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:24 am
it's true
the rich and get richer and the poor....will stay poor neutral  

yoshizuki-chan

Golden-Duckie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26 pm
yoshizuki-chan
it's true
the rich and get richer and the poor....will stay poor neutral
Well if you make use of the demand for clovers, you could make a small pile of gold.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:40 pm
hmm not my kind of way of making gold
i usually don't bother with small profits...i like to make thousands of gold off one item for example  

yoshizuki-chan

Golden-Duckie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 pm
Well, that may be everyone's wish, but it doesnt mean that people will immediatly buy it. I mean think about it, people will have to save up for it, which may take weeks, but if you take advantage of the smaller, cheaper items like the clovers and its demand, you could make a small fourtune and watch it grow as you buy and sell them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:20 pm
the secret is all in the items you buy/sell
i never go for the small stuff and i have to say, i've made a LOT of gold in a very short amount of time  

yoshizuki-chan

freak_unleashed

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:39 pm
I'm a long term investment person.
I just can't ever seem to part with them since I know they can only go up more, so I end up just keeping everything still not wanting to screw myself out of more potential gold razz
Recently I've made a huge investment banking on the return of a particular service. Hopefully this was worth it.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games