Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 60: Home Owners of Gaia, this sub needs a new operator. Please enquire.
mexico? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkLinkX

Dapper Exhibitionist

8,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:12 pm
in the gaia arena im geting alot of comments from some stupid people who say they have a big house in mexico. wtf is that? new spam?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:22 pm
I got that on mine too. Who was it from? Mine were from two different accounts, but I knew they were the same person. (almost same name)  

Levitating Potato

WhoGuru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:16 pm
User ImageThere's no point in being grown-up...

I've gotten atleast three of those on my vote so far. I've seen a few people who have more than a dozen. Can we report these morons for spamming? I've seen five different screen names doing it so far.

...if you can't be childish sometimes.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 pm
almost all my comments are about that stupid Big Mexico house  

Fox of Blood

Rayne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:47 pm
I got three or four of those on my submission too.

: /

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 pm

Well, Posted a list of 13 of the screen names doing it, not yours MaxDesigner lol in the Q&A and sent a copy to an Omni Mod. The helper mods in the Q&A are convinced the spammers are actually bots.
With any luck they'll stop clogging our entries. rolleyes

User Image

WhoGuru

sherardia

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 am
i have had a dozen of these comments on my entry. I deleted them all because i did not find how to report them...
It is not the first time that i see this in housing arena.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:10 am
I got a few! But I don't mind them...I am even happy! 4laugh 4laugh blaugh blaugh xd xd  

Hutsun

bonieonie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:49 am
I don't have any, but not many ppl have even seen my house yet sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:43 pm
bonieonie
I don't have any, but not many ppl have even seen my house yet sweatdrop

Well, I've seen it and gave it a 10/10 blaugh I love the Tiki hiding in the middle there and the Audrey plant in the back. Very cool!  

WhoGuru

1_kitiara_1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:07 pm
They are taking over my comments too. God >.> How can I read comment about my cyrpt when all I hear is crap about a house in mexico. By they way. ^.^ Hello every body. I just joined today.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:02 pm
.: I take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what I got, and remember what I had.
Always forgive, but never forget, learned from my mistakes, but never regret. :.

As much as I love getting comments, the Mexico house is just plain annoying. -.-
If no one gets successfully reported for this, then my suggestion is to just, well, delete them.
[subject=offtopic]And has any one else noticed that it's always the n00bs who are posting this? All of them are hungry for gold, so they vote, spam, and leave without another thought. Now we all know what happens when a website wants to recruit new members... sweatdrop [/offtopic]

.: People change, things go wrong, I just remembered...Life goes on. :.

l NOVA l

WhoGuru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:43 pm
xsuicidalxchocolatex
.: I take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what I got, and remember what I had.
Always forgive, but never forget, learned from my mistakes, but never regret. :.

As much as I love getting comments, the Mexico house is just plain annoying. -.-
If no one gets successfully reported for this, then my suggestion is to just, well, delete them.
[subject=offtopic]And has any one else noticed that it's always the n00bs who are posting this? All of them are hungry for gold, so they vote, spam, and leave without another thought. Now we all know what happens when a website wants to recruit new members... sweatdrop [/offtopic]

.: People change, things go wrong, I just remembered...Life goes on. :.

Aha!! THey are reported and in the process of being taken care of. Here's a PM I got from Wolfie after I sent him a list. I was highly irritated. LOL

Quote:
Wolfie
WhoGuru
...and it was suggested I report it to you, from the Q&A forum. Sure hope you can help. Here's my original post, as it contains all the pertinent info.

Quote:
Would this qualify as Abuse or Harrassment and if not, where in your opinion should it be reported?

In the Homes Arena, there's a very annoying post going around all the entries. Some of the comments are now pages and pages of this posted by
Sgt Drill
x rain drops x
MVRod
Blonde~Pink
stevenorth
cellphoneman41
qslammerq

Here is the post, repeated ad nauseum:
"My house in Mexico was big. It had 5 rooms. It was
more comfortable than my apartment here. I lived
with my parents, brothers and sisters. My home in
Mexico had two floors. The first floor had one
living room, one dining room, one bathroom and a
kitchen. The second floor had three bedrooms and
one bathroom.It was nice for me. My apartment
here is small. It has one living room, two
bedrooms, one bathroom and a small kitchen. But I
like it because it has a small yard behind the
kitchen. My house in Mexico is bigger than my
apartment here. The bathrooms in my house in
Mexico are better than the bathrooms in my
apartment. I like my house in Mexico more, because
it was a beautiful house."

It would almost be funny if it were'nt clogging the comments on almost every entry. All those screen names above came from only TWO entries!! Mine and steeluna's.

Is there a way to stop this? I mean, I know they can be deleted but with this many people, or maybe they're all mules? doing this, I think it needs someone with authority to step in.

What do you think? I bow to your expertise. blaugh

It seems that they are indeed botting and some were taken care of. I will investigate further in this, thank you so much for notifying me about this!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:51 pm
..I'm having trouble seeing a few houses in the arena, I noticed the problem about midweek last week and it's still happening *might just be my computer?* anyone else having the problem. My entry last week only had 11 votes, any idea on how to boost that number?  

bonieonie

WhoGuru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:35 pm
bonieonie
..I'm having trouble seeing a few houses in the arena, I noticed the problem about midweek last week and it's still happening *might just be my computer?* anyone else having the problem. My entry last week only had 11 votes, any idea on how to boost that number?

Put a link to your Arena Entry in your Sig. Something like VOTE HERE FOR MY HOME! or some such. If you do alot of forum posting, you'll find you get a lot more votes from people who just see your signature, click the link and go vote. Make it big! Make it colorful! You want it to catch peoples eye!
Just don't exceed the size limits for signatures. blaugh 500 pixels by 500pixels and 100 kb.

As for the problems you're having seeing houses, sometimes I think it just gets lagged really hard, if someone's houes is just overloaded with stuff. Try refreshing the page. Coming back to it later. Switching browsers. and above all Clearing your Cache. That seems to clear up most problems on Gaia.

User Image

60: Home Owners of Gaia, this sub needs a new operator. Please enquire.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games