Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
  Yes
  no
View Results

JapanLover317

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:04 pm
does any one here own a marine tank or have an interest in marine biology?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:50 pm
I am interested in marine biology. I wanted to be a marine biologist before I realized that meant being wet, and getting wet meant being cold. So I gave it up as a lost cause.  

Black Waterlily

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

JapanLover317

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:21 pm
haha i love the water so thats going to work just fine for me, but im having a hard time deciding what college to go to... i want to go to the University of Washington State, but there are alot of good opprotunities in CA too  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:52 am
JapanLover317
haha i love the water so thats going to work just fine for me, but im having a hard time deciding what college to go to... i want to go to the University of Washington State, but there are alot of good opprotunities in CA too

Are you referring to the University of Washington (UW- Seattle, WA) or Washington State University (WSU- Eastern WA)? UW has a great biology program. I took several courses there, and a friend is finishing his biochem major there. PM me if you want to know more about UW.  

chicobonito

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:59 pm
nah I've never had much of an interest for marine biology. Never been into bio much. Sorry, can't help you out much there.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:04 am
Yet again, a dream. Id love to do that...as long as colour blindness dosent get in the way  

Kurzon_Dax

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:09 am
Kurzon_Dax
Yet again, a dream. Id love to do that...as long as colour blindness dosent get in the way

colour bindness only really effects jobs like being a pilot or in the military. You can do whatever you want in science and be colour bind. Scientists don't discriminate like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:10 am
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

colour bindness only really effects jobs like being a pilot or in the military. You can do whatever you want in science and be colour bind. Scientists don't discriminate like that.

cool, and i know about the pilot thing, i wanted to be an areonutics engineer, but alas, damn my eyes  

Kurzon_Dax

Seanchaidh

Aged Explorer

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 am
There was a marine biology section in my Zoology degree.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:28 pm
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

cool, and i know about the pilot thing, i wanted to be an areonutics engineer, but alas, damn my eyes
There is surgery for that one can take to correct the lenses.  

UF6

Kahalm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:50 pm
Ive taken an oceanography class before. We didnt focus so much on life in the ocean, more on the physical forces at work in the ocean, such as how waves work, techtonic activity, and other fun stuff. Although I did get a small taste of it, Life sciences I could never truly sink my teeth into. Although there are some really cool stuff down there. Honestly I am highly interested in the chemical compounds that could be found in the deep deep ocean...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:18 am
I Love any type of biology really, but I have a great desire to be a marine (SP?) biologist. Why? Beacuse I love water. I love being in it! Before I die I so want to go scuba diving. My favorite marine animal has to be the otter.  

Snowmaiden616

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 am
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Yeah, but i dont want to do that, if they had contacts that helped, id buy those in a heartbeat, but im not going to correct my vision unless i have to...im not that despreate  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 pm
Kahalm
Ive taken an oceanography class before. We didnt focus so much on life in the ocean, more on the physical forces at work in the ocean, such as how waves work, techtonic activity, and other fun stuff. Although I did get a small taste of it, Life sciences I could never truly sink my teeth into. Although there are some really cool stuff down there. Honestly I am highly interested in the chemical compounds that could be found in the deep deep ocean...
I suggest you go to my state then considering Massachusetts is the leader in this field, Woodshole is the place to learn about this.  

UF6

UF6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:47 pm
Kurzon_Dax
Steven Hawkings
Kurzon_Dax
AstronomyGirl
Kurzon_Dax

Yeah, but i dont want to do that, if they had contacts that helped, id buy those in a heartbeat, but im not going to correct my vision unless i have to...im not that despreate
Surgery is not for all since you could go blind...  
72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff