Submit

Early pregnancy
  good
  bad
  good/bad
View Results

AliasL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:27 pm
My friend has a sister who is only 17, and she's pregnant for the second time. She already has a son, named Seth Ryan. neutral Wierd name. And now she's going to have a girl. My mom, before the accident, had been a nurse at Kaiser. In the Lactation department. She never believed in having kids before you were out of school. Some people disagree. I'd like to hear your opinions.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:23 pm
I think it's a stupid thing to have kids so early, when one doesn't have enough money to support themselves and a child. Maybe if the parents of the mother are willing to help it could work. I'd prefer that people wait until they're out of the house, employed full-time, and have enough money to support a child.  

Der Freischuetz

Aurora_Dance

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:05 pm
Who are we to decide who are ready who are not? It's the social norm that age of maturity is created. Some culture believe that 15 years old kid are supposed to be married already.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:39 am
Aurora_Dance
Who are we to decide who are ready who are not? It's the social norm that age of maturity is created. Some culture believe that 15 years old kid are supposed to be married already.

Well here we sit on our asses in our parents houses till we're 30 so it doesen't really metter what other places do. You need to be situated in life and not be mooching off your parents. If you want kids:

1. GET A JOB
I mean really where are you going to live when you adults are sick of you bringing kids home... KIDS ARENT PUPPYS. And they do like to eat youk now.

2. Have your own place to stay
Again I say think about your parents!!!

3. Dee Dee Dee
You are stupid I wouldnt get maried to someone who had a child at 20 without them being maried raped or another liable reason. I know there are others like me.  

DevineBlood

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:34 pm
I think it's disgusting. It's irresponsible, and it's trashy. I can't stand it when I see these stupid highschoolers, younger than me, getting off the school bus with a baby in their arms. That just looks like trashy slut to me. And dragging a baby or toddler to highschool is not a good environment for the kid. It's rediculous.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:07 pm
Having kids at a young age puts the parents in an economic disadvantage. Young parents do not usually have the education and experience to get high paying jobs, and the time and money required to care for children makes continued education difficult. I will not say that having children young is morally wrong It just seems like a tough way to live.  

OldManWiggins

orakuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:04 am
Aurora_Dance

Sure, there may be some cultures that consider a girl at 15 to be mature enough to have kids. But of course, they're going to be married to some older guy who can support a family, not another teen who's more or less still dependent to their parents.

Having kids during teen years aren't that bad, it's just that if you can't get a high paying job if you're parents decide that they won't support your child, then it's going to be one heck of a ride for the family.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:47 pm
In the Mexican state of Chihuahua, inside the Tarahumaran mountains, where the Tarahumaran people live, you're ready to get married and have sons once you're 18. Meanwhile, in most major Mexican cities, you're ready to get married and have sons until you're 25.

Why? It's simple. In the Tarahumaran mountains, you're learning at age 18 how to cook tortillas, knitting, household cleaning, and how to raise a child. In the big city, you're learning at age 18 that the derivative of x^n equals nx^(n-1).

Our society puts way too much emphasis on academic education instead of practical, everyday education. As a result, you're not ready to be independent until you have completed college. If you try to have children before that, you'll have one hell of a shitty life: without money, job, healthcare, you'll be forced to live in the ghetto, and the psychological pressure will be so high, you might even turn into drugs while finding a way out.

But if you have children at age 15 in the Tarahumaran mountains, then that ain't no big deal: after all, you already know, or are supposed to know, how to raise a child, how to cook dinner, stuff like that. You don't have to worry about getting a job either, because you're only supposed to work if your sons are dead or in the USA.

Likewise, if you live in a Western society and have children after finishing college, you'll be able to get a job and earn your own income, usually over the $900 monthly dollars (and that's an initial wage), while at the same time raising your kids. It's a lot of multitasking, but hey, living in a middle class neighborhood is better than living in the ghetto.  

Da_Nuke

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:11 pm
We put emphasis on academic education because the good jobs in Western Civilization require it. The Tarahumaran people don't require such education because they live a much simpler lifestyle than that of Western society. All they're going to do throughout their lives is farm and help the community. There's no need for money in their society, but there's a huge need for money in ours.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:42 pm
I personally discourage it, for you usually haven't finished high school at the time and therefor won't be able to raise a child/children to the best of your abilities, however I cannot stop it. As long as the child turns out alright I won't worry about it.

Angelic Hypocrite

Dusti_Love

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:12 pm
I have two main concerns about young parenting:

Young parents are not mature enough, for the most part, to raise a child, though this could be said about older people, as well.

They do not have the education needed to enter into a career that will ensure living above the poverty line, hence putting a drain on the countries resources, though some programs are out there that will allow those getting state help to complete a two-year degree program, which will help get them out of poverty and into the working class, instead of remaining the working poor.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:56 am
There are many reasons why young girls get pregnant, and while I don't nececary condone it, I think a lot of people are way too harsh on them. Maybe they were raped. Perhaps they thought their boyfriend was the only person who cared for them (whether he actually did or not) and thought sex would be a good way to keep him. They may have been too scared to ask their parents for birthcontrol for fear of being beaten or thrown out. They may have even had a slutty mother that encouraged them to have sex at a young age. Sad, I know, but these things happen. Everyone makes mistakes. I do admire the girls that have the courage and develop the maturity to keep their babies and try to raise it the best way they can.

I am 18 years old and presently pregnant with my first child.(I will be 19 in March) It's a little different since it's my own baby, but I practically raised my two younger siblings because my mom was neglectful, so I know how to take care of children. It's going to be hard for me, but my boyfriend and I are going to do the best we can for our little girl. I'm glad I didn't have a kid at 14 or something, (Hell, I was still a virgin at that age.) but I think we need to quit looking down on young parents and offer them the support so they can give their children the best life possible.  

chibi_kasumi_108

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:51 am
So... does she get paid pretty good at that corner then?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:03 pm
OldManWiggins
Having kids at a young age puts the parents in an economic disadvantage. Young parents do not usually have the education and experience to get high paying jobs, and the time and money required to care for children makes continued education difficult. I will not say that having children young is morally wrong It just seems like a tough way to live.

I agree. It doesn't seem to be beneficial to either the mother or child.  

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100

[User Friendly]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:15 pm
As long as a young woman (or couple) can care for a child properly and see that it is rasied in a safe environment, I can't really argue against teenagers having children.
However, when one is still in school, living at home, going to college, etc, creating a proper environment for a child would be very hard.
(I understand there are different opinions about what a proper environment would be; I'm just going off of basic needs. Sufficient food, clothing, a stable parental system, and plenty of attention.)
If a young woman knows she won't be able to meet her child's needs, I don't think she should have it. It's just not fair to her, to the baby, or to the people around her.

11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff