Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
#11 The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you visit my forum?
  Yes, for I like intelligent discussion.
  No, because smart people scare me.
  I dunno. Do you have donuts?
View Results

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:04 am
Hello folks.

I am in charge of subforum #11. If you want to discuss a topic more in-depth, this is the place to go. We're willing to discuss pretty much anything...as long as it isn't something stupid/a topic that would be found in the GD.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:15 pm
ninja Bump ninja  

Aeggnis

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:32 pm
Sometime I'll try to scrape together some intelligence and show up.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:54 pm
Just make sure to scrape together enough to form a logical argument.  

Der Freischuetz

Sephiroth-zen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 am
If I ever allocate myself enough time to discuss amongst my registered guilds, I'd be in your forum in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I have to hit my sack now and catch up on some much-needed r&r.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:38 pm
I have a topic I would like to discuss with any willing gaians.

"The topic is if the new improvments to gaia are helping just the newbies or everyone. My belief is that the most of the improvments are only helping the newer gaians while the older gaians are getting stuck with inflation and other hardships that never occured before some of these updates."

I would like to here others oppions on this subject and see if anyone will join my cause.  

Casper V 5.6

kittygomeow

Desirable Stalker

10,850 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 pm
Okay, here's hoping my eigth-grade education can handle this...

Do you mean improvements like the daily chance? I can't think of anything else at the moment. I really don't see anything that changed inflation and the like. It's always been there.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 pm
Ok here is a major list of things and how they affected the gaian world and hurt older gaians.

New oufits appon starting an accout. Older gaians never got specail items we started out with a set of peasents clothes and that is it.

Ok as you said the daily chance. Everyday now items like Chain Wallets or older items go up because there is more gold in the market for each person who clicks on the daily chance.

The increase in gold per post. My first post of the day is 50 gold. I rember when that was 5 gold for your first post, and 1 gold after that.

More items per letter now you have a choice of three which means that there is a higher chance that one of those items will increase the rate of inflation like the kitties did.

I will post more another time...  

Casper V 5.6

kittygomeow

Desirable Stalker

10,850 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:58 pm
Gah, I meant ninth grade, silly me. Now, on subject...

This is true. However, in my opinion, the older gaians still have a good hand in this. Unlike newbies, we know our way around, we have the gold to go with inflation (or maybe not, seeing as we have just the same chance to get as much gold as they do), and we can get the same outfits even though we aren't new. Yes, I did try that, it worked or I wouldn't have pointed it out. Even so, we worked for our gold, and they'll have to work for theirs just the same. I hope that makes sense, even if it is a weak argument. I'm not completely set on it so I don't really think I'd want to come up with anything stronger.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:39 pm
I do not have time to post more at the moment but. Your point is there. But we have worked for our gold but the newer people are inflating price just by placing an item on for a rediculously high price that no well respecting gaian will pay until others raise their price because of it then all of our hard work to get our gold goes to waist because then we need more gold to buy the item we want.

I am not one sided on this you are making a good counter argument. I am just saying in general this is what is happening.  

Casper V 5.6

kittygomeow

Desirable Stalker

10,850 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 pm
I can see where you're coming from. It would seem that since the newbies are raising prices like crazy, and some follow, if no one buys stuff from them, wouldn't it have to go back down?

At the same time I think you're right. People do what they do, even if it's really not the overall best choice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:52 pm
These are just my oppinions but I know other people have their own ideas so, if any one is on my side in this click the second pic in my sig. If not that is your oppinion.  

Casper V 5.6

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:42 am

One of your topics doesn't seem to be locked but s still giving me permission errors. I have no idea why. ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:24 pm
I've moved this to your subforum as I am trying to make the main forum more inviting. You may keep this Sticky or delete it as you wish.

Post anything you want to say about your subforum in the following Sticky on the main forum. Looking for Serious Real World topics?

Thanks!  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:53 am
bluecherry

One of your topics doesn't seem to be locked but s still giving me permission errors. I have no idea why. ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Which topic? Although, either way, it might be something I can't solve. sweatdrop  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff