Wrong no matter what
  okay in some circumstances
  always ok
  other (please post)
  whatever (poll whore option)
View Results

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:17 pm
Abortion is a touchy topic, but I believe that the posters in reality will be able to handle this maturely. Don't let me down, k?

Is abortion ok all the time, at a certain point in the pregnancy, or not at all?

What reasons do you have for this?

Do you have any experiences with abortions(i.e. yourself, friends, family)?

Anything else you wish to say?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:34 pm
I believe that abortion is OK before the 'preborn human' is capable of surviving ouside the womb. After that, what's the point of aborting it?

I use the term preborn human because fetus is so cold and technical, and makes it sound impersonal, but while its inside the mother, it isn't a child either.  

MikeyTheDarkMage

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:51 pm
MikeyTheDarkMage
I believe that abortion is OK before the 'preborn human' is capable of surviving ouside the womb. After that, what's the point of aborting it?

I use the term preborn human because fetus is so cold and technical, and makes it sound impersonal, but while its inside the mother, it isn't a child either.

The points of aborting it: If the mother is in a living situation not conducive to children, if the mother is not financially stable, if the mother is not mentally stable, if the mother's health would be in jeopardy, if the child simply isn't wanted. With overpopulation as it is, the question isn't why abort it but why not abort it? Orphanages are overcrowded, many children who end up in the system remain in it passing from foster home to foster home until they are 18 and kicked out on their arse with nothing but a diploma if they're lucky. Sure, some children end up in loving homes, but they are the exceptions. I don't like the idea of using adoption instead of abortion. It's a cop-out way to spread your genetics without having the responsibility for a child and it increases the chances of accidental incest if you have more than one child.

On another point, it's a fetus. "Pre-born human" is a waste of verbage. Fetus is the scientifically acceptable term, use it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:30 pm
Yeah, I agree with all that. I don't really have much else to say... But I don't understand why some people are so against abortion though, it's not like you're murdering a child, they're not even born yet, they're not quite alive, they're like, an extension of the mother until they're born... Kind of an odd analogy, I just thought of that now. Not sure if that quite gets my point across, but whatever, good enough.  

fantasier_xp

Aednit X.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:55 pm
If it is the woman's choice to abort her baby, then she should be allowed to do it. I support abortion because if the parents of the fetus don't wan't or can't take care of children, the child is probably going to have a crappy life anyway. The foster home system is not the greatest and I have heard way too many stories of kids getting molested by a foster parent. The world is overcrowded and if a woman isn't ready to take on the responsibility of being a parent, I can understand wanted to abort the fetus before an actual person is formed.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:21 am
Why don't all the right-wing pro-lifers take all the babies if they don't want them to be aborted? Then we won't have that problem. The thing is, most people adopt a child from outside the states, where most women don't have abortion as a choice. That doesn't help things here one bit.  

Epic Fail Girl

Aednit X.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:39 pm
AgentKeg
Why don't all the right-wing pro-lifers take all the babies if they don't want them to be aborted? Then we won't have that problem. The thing is, most people adopt a child from outside the states, where most women don't have abortion as a choice. That doesn't help things here one bit.

I agree with you completely. The people who disagree with abortion should be the ones to take care of the unwanted children. Or better yet, make birth control accessable to everyone and provide education for how to properly use it.
I can understand why people adopt children from other nations in the hopes of improving their lives, but then what is going to happen to all the unwanted american babies?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:51 pm
i think in most cases abortion should not be allowed. in order to get an abortion you should be required to get a court order saying you can get one. for instance, if you were raped and thus it wasn't your fault that you got pregnant. however, in the case of just getting drunk and "making a baby" you should be forced to go through w/ it, since you chose to get drunk  

shadow_alchemist92

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:51 pm
shadow_alchemist92
i think in most cases abortion should not be allowed. in order to get an abortion you should be required to get a court order saying you can get one. for instance, if you were raped and thus it wasn't your fault that you got pregnant. however, in the case of just getting drunk and "making a baby" you should be forced to go through w/ it, since you chose to get drunk

So you think it's right to make a child a punishment for the parent? Don't you see how ******** up that is? How would you feel if your mother resented you because she was forced to have you as a punishment? Talk about feeling unwanted... scream  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:17 pm
Abortion should be completely acceptable. Its only become an issue because of religious super groups that have to waste their lives targeting everything wrong in the world. Just becuase the baby is 2 months old an innocent doesnt mean its the most important being in the universe. Abortion is a good form of population control and if you are pregnant no one should be able to you that getting rid of some disease inside you is wrong. especially people that justify it by a dusty old book.
((by disease i was reffering to humans obviously cus i hate them obviously.))

[ Mod ] James

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:27 pm
Squicks
shadow_alchemist92

So you think it's right to make a child a punishment for the parent? Don't you see how ******** up that is? How would you feel if your mother resented you because she was forced to have you as a punishment? Talk about feeling unwanted... scream

whoa, calm down. i dont support ppl getting abortions when they're raped, but i think that would be the most acceptable reason or solution  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:21 pm
shadow_alchemist92
whoa, calm down. i dont support ppl getting abortions when they're raped, but i think that would be the most acceptable reason or solution

Rape isn't the only form of sex that can result in an unwanted child.  

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:40 pm
what else could lead to an unwanted baby that wasnt your fault. only way i can think of other than that is broken protection. but, that is why i said you should get a court order, that way if its another scenario but they find it acceptable, they can go through with it  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:09 pm
shadow_alchemist92
what else could lead to an unwanted baby that wasnt your fault. only way i can think of other than that is broken protection. but, that is why i said you should get a court order, that way if its another scenario but they find it acceptable, they can go through with it

Even if it is their fault, by forcing the mother to have the child, you are forcing the child into a life where it is not wanted.  

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:32 pm
Squicks
shadow_alchemist92

Even if it is their fault, by forcing the mother to have the child, you are forcing the child into a life where it is not wanted.

you reap what you sow. i dont feel sorry for someone who is forced to have a baby when it was her fault in the first place. or, as police put it, "if you cant do the time, then dont do the crime"...not that sex is a crime, but you probly get my point  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff