Submit

Reality?
or Illusion?
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

AngeliqueDaemon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:08 pm
The world around us is an illusion, to know and accept this as truth does not necessarily mean to reject the world and strive only to be free of it. Just because something isn't real does not mean that it can't be enjoyable and beautiful. The changing of the leaves during fall is beautiful as they put on their flaming display, heralding their death to the world. The illusion of their being ends as winter closes its icy fist around their vibrant lives, but their death throes are beautiful. The blooming of the flowers during spring is beautiful. Their birth brings joy into the world even if they do not exist and are merely figments of our collective imagination. They show us that beginnings can be beautiful. Though their deaths do not contain the beauty of the autumn leaves, both teach us a valuable lesson. Nothing is permanent except the impermanence of the illusion. But if nothing is permanent, then how can impermanence be so?

In our lives we find ideas and observations that we come to call "truth," but these "truths" are oft times more illusions. People who live in an area free of earthquakes decide that the ground is not supposed to move, however by this decision they are denying the creation of the very ground on which they stand. But if the ground is mere illusion, is their "truth" correct, or is the scientific "truth" correct? Does it even matter? Is there a point in trying to figure out what is true and what is false when dealing with something that was never real to begin with? If the pursuit of knowledge is an illusion, does that make the knowledge itself an illusion? Is the ultimate truth everyone seeks a mere illusion in and of itself?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:56 pm
I would make a long complicated response to your topic but i am too tired to even comprehend what you just said.  

[ Mod ] James

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:53 pm
This is more philosophical than a debateable issue. Sorry, I'm going to lock it.

Here's a thread made in the philosophy forum that's right on the topic. xd

I think therefore I am  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces