Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever heard of it?
Yes! It's so much better!
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
No! Give my back my beloved Mia - (shurikens you to the wall)
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:06 pm
Or as I like to call it, Yu Watase redeaming herself from the disaster of Fushigi Yugi. blaugh I love this one, Takiko is a fabulous main character because of how active a role she takes in her own destiny and in the fates of those around her. Also the romance is not thrown out there completely. You can tell whose involved in the love triangle, but we're on the fourth volume and still no dramatic confessions (thank God!). Only bad thing about this manga? It only comes out twice a year because Yu Watase is focusing on her other current manga Absolute Boyfriend. Genbu Kaiden is a sort of fun project.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:26 am
i actually like this one better than the first one...is it true that she's gonna do a story about the other two guardians too??  

CrimsonxXxSolace

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:12 pm
Considering Yui was already done during Fushigi Yugi, I don't think there will be a seperate manga to go more indepth for her. I really hope that she'll do one for Byakko though. The romance there really struck me as being classic. Guess we'll just have to wait and hope she will. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:52 pm
Fushigi Yuugi is soooooo good!! I just started reading it and I'm totally hooked!! ^^ heart  

K0K0R0.XX

P. Rowan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:29 am
IMHO, Genbu Kaiden is way better than the original Fushigi Yugi. ^_^ For one thing Takiko knows how to fight. She is rebelling against the confines of her culture in that time period when ladies are supposed to be sweet and obedient and the men are really the lords of their household. She resents the fact that her father wished if only she was the son that he wanted. Maybe that's why she was chosen to be the Priestess of Genbu. In the Universe of the Four Gods, she was needed and wanted, her words and actions made others felt important and despite the fact that her Celestral Warriors came from different backgrounds, she managed to get them to co-operate and together they travelled to gather the rest of the Warriors to summon Genbu.

Thanks, themadwriter, for letting me know that Genbu Kaiden was just a fun project for Yu Watase. ^_^ I also collect Absolute Boyfriend too and for the strangest reason Night reminds me of Limdo and Gaku Namikiri reminds me of Tomite..... blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:56 pm
I love it too. The last one seemed a little more immature to me. But I still heart it though. heart  

BonBonella

Amytha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:37 am
I've actually read up to volume 5. it's cute, actually.
I liked the first fushigi yugi, though. but I have to say, I didn't think I'd like Genbu Kaiden, but I'm waiting for the 6th volume to come out, and it's KILLING me!
Limdo is HOT and totally sweet. I like him/her way more than any of the guys in the other one *nods*... even though Tomahome was kinda sweet too. I liked the sappy love story between Miaka and him... and Yui's evilness!
I'm actually kinda sad that the ending is already given though. I would have rather read the Genbu Kaiden series without knowing what going to happen after Takiko makes her three wishes. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:59 am
Oddly enough I've never even read the first one so I don't know how it is. My friend has, but I never got the chance. I just flipped through the first volume of Genbu Kaiden and I fell for it. I have up to 5 of it now.  

Soxcha

27: Anime/Manga Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff