Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
Racism Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Racism...
  is good. Some races just shouldn't be!
  is horrible! It's the inside that counts.
  just happens. We can't stop it.
  just happens. We have to stop it!
View Results

fantasier_xp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:46 pm
I just kind of had to add this in. It's a pretty big issue, and I was surprised to not find it here. So, I decided to add it. What do you guys think of racism? Are you racist? If so, why or why not? And what can we do to stop racism?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:26 pm
Time is about the only thing that will heal racism right now. For thousands of years black and darker coloured persons have been considered lesser than those with lighter skin. The only way equality could happen right now is to change the way people think. We all know that isn't happening anytime soon.

I will admit that I have my own bouts of prejudice. I can't really say that I understand why I have these feelings, but I do try to suppress them.

BTW - thanks for the thread ^_^  

Epic Fail Girl

fantasier_xp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:43 pm
Yes, I suppose you're right. People just don't seem to like what is different than themselves, sometimes even afraid.. I wonder why though? I don't quite understand that.
I don't think I have any prejudice to any races, but I do have a tendency to "judge a book by its cover" although it's not about races, it's just how people look. I do believe you can tell quite a bit about a person though by how they look.
Haha, no problem. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:05 am
AgentKeg
Time is about the only thing that will heal racism right now. For thousands of years black and darker coloured persons have been considered lesser than those with lighter skin. The only way equality could happen right now is to change the way people think. We all know that isn't happening anytime soon.

I will admit that I have my own bouts of prejudice. I can't really say that I understand why I have these feelings, but I do try to suppress them.

BTW - thanks for the thread ^_^
sure, they say time will heal all. I belive racism will never end (even though it is one of my greatest wishes), cause there are always idiots in society that judge on visualistic diferencials. This to me is absolutely absurd, and pointless. society will always have there variations from person to person, there's no sence judging somone poorly cause there different from you. Your skin color is not even a choice, its somthing your born into.  

icecurb

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:57 pm
One of these days, we will have basically only one race. Not anytime soon, but more like 1,000 years down the road. At that point everyone will basically be a mutt. When that time comes though, I can see many new reasons to hate people coming up.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:22 pm
I was taught and raised on racism. My beliefs shall and will differ from others.  

xHideki_s_vomitx

icecurb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:14 pm
i was watching a show and found out that it is most likely that all of our ancestors are black, and originated from africa  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:39 pm
xHideki_s_vomitx
I was taught and raised on racism. My beliefs shall and will differ from others.

What beliefs would those be then? Remember this is not a forum for flaming people for their beliefs, you won't be bashed for anything.  

Epic Fail Girl

Anabethe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm
I was taught and raised on racism. My beliefs shall and will differ from others

i feel sorry for u this is why racism still exists today because there will always be parents and grandparents that pass racism down from generation to generation. im not flaming u its just an opinion. but there is one thing that u have to believe sooner or later. there is no such thing as a superior race.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:37 pm
meleny7
I was taught and raised on racism. My beliefs shall and will differ from others

i feel sorry for u this is why racism still exists today because there will always be parents and grandparents that pass racism down from generation to generation. im not flaming u its just an opinion. but there is one thing that u have to believe sooner or later. there is no such thing as a superior race.
I totally agree. There is no superior race even though some people think that way.  

Mya Erya

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SimpleElegance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:10 am
None of the above. This pole is poorly designed, the choices are horrid. Anyway.
Rascism shouldn't be tolerated by today's society, people cant help it if they're skin colour is different. Personally, some of my best friends are a different race then I. People who say that's wrong can go screw themselves, in my opinion. We are what we are, and we are all merely human.
~Angel.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:38 pm
I think our current situation on racism is fine. I know it does still exist, but there is only so much we can do to stop it without hurting people's freedom.  

OoBn637O

Anabethe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:03 pm
i understand what ur trying to say, people have freedom in this country but to a certain extent. any racist action should not be tolerated but at the same time not abused.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:39 am
Racism is horrible and shouldn't be. But unfortunately it exists because of simple minded people that teach their children their simple minded, uniformed, unintellegent ideas  

Llanthia

TylerBoss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:12 pm
racism is very real and always will be
when i go up north to hunt i hate walkin in places that r majority white cuz all i get r stares its uncomfortable but i have a spot in my heart that says ******** u ill stare back ill look at them like they r the minority and it really pisses them off  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff