Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
War on "Terror" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The War on "Terror" is...
  Not what we were told it was.
  A complete lie made to complete a hidden agenda.
  being fought for a good reason.
  other (please post)
  poll whore (I have no opinions)
View Results

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:44 pm
I know many of you are not American, but you still hear of the War in your newspapers, the internet, and on the news.

I want to know what you think about the war. I am not asking for anti or pro Bush comments, because you must realize it does not take only one man to declare war. He still must gain Congress on his side.

Do you think the war is being fought for hidden precedent? Why do you think that?

Do you believe we should "cut and run" or remain there for awhile longer? Why?

How would you solve the situation or one of the problems in Iraq?

I don't want to hear your opinion unless you can tell me why. If you have anything else to add I will be glad to hear it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:23 pm
The war on terror was a vague concept created by the Bush administration to convince the public that they were dedicated to their protection. There is no progress being made. I doubt this "war" can ever be won, in fact. Come to think of it, this whole thing reminds me of Wag the Dog.  

Real Horrorshow Groodies

fantasier_xp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:18 pm
I'm not American, and don't really understand this war. It seems so pointless. How/why did it start in the first place? I'm so confused. It just seems stupid. What is the purpose?!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:30 am
i didnt kact that  

Da HiTMeN

Orionis

Dangerous Entrepreneur

3,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:53 pm
This war on terror is basically just fighting matches with hellfire. Terrorists will always be, they are the accumulation of anger and hostility of the public against governments. The only way to stop them is to scare the public into never rising up, thereby becoming terrorists. Making it possible to fight this war but never truly win. A dead end effort, and there are many more pths that could have been taken. War is expected these days, and is th easiest usable scapegoat to cover up much worse plans for the middle east..

Yes, people, this war is a ploy, and the U.S. Government is using it to suck resources out of Iraq and other such countries..  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:30 pm
fantasier_xp
I'm not American, and don't really understand this war. It seems so pointless. How/why did it start in the first place? I'm so confused. It just seems stupid. What is the purpose?!

Even many of us Americans are confused about the purpose and reason of this war. Some say that we are there for oil, to fight against the terrorist threats, while many are still apalled that the war is even going on.  

Epic Fail Girl

LivingItUp08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:11 am
I don't agree with the war much at all. We can't just say "Hey terrorists! How about we all put down our weapons and hold hands?"

I can tell you it's not going to happen. As for why the war is being fought, even I am a bit uncertain. I've heard some people say it is to finish what Mr. Bush Sr. did not complete. For all we know Sadaam could've been the next Hitler. However, only time will tell. I think the reason for the war was not clearly stated. It was supposed to be a war on terror and then it was the Hunt for Sadaam...so what happened to all the hype about Osama?

Truth is, we're over there now and the civil war that is about to break out needs to slap our political leaders upside the head. They're saying it's stable over there, but I beg to differ. They're sitting comfortably in their million dollar homes working 75 days out of the year and have not even the slightest idea of what the stability is in the Middle East.

It's the military leaders that know what's happening because they're in the middle of the action. As for what we should do now that we are in this war, we should dump our troops into Iraq. There needs to be a good quarter of a million men over there patrolling every street corner. Watch everyone and what they do. The innocent will not cause trouble.

I find it a bit pointless to argue whether we should have started the war or not because it's happening right across the Atlantic Ocean right now.

Sorry for the book. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:55 pm
the american public went along with bush for too long. now we have been manuvered into a corner. we can't pull out now because we have "lost so many men, and if we left it would have been for nothing." by staying, we dig that particular hole even deeper. plus, we have made too many powerful enemies in the middle east to just pick up and leave, and now many would say we would be abandoning them. i would like to point something else out. we [america] have lost many of the rights we had before the war. free speach has practically been kicked out the door. if we were to complain officially, we would be sent to guantanamo bay or some other secret prison. this has happened before in history, but there was always a promise of return of rights. there is one here too, but that is when the "war on terror" is over. there will never be an end to terrorists. as long as there is a goverment, there will be people who dissagree with that goverment, A.K.A. terrorists. so, what will happen to our rights?  

minion630

joronica5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:53 am
i see it as quite simple it was started to get oil out of iraq and they coused a humanitarian crissis in iraq i know that for shure they were atleast once under the rain of sadam husain equally educeted but now they are not undertherain of mister president bush and his empire. it was all started for oil oil is money money equals capital and capital equals the root of all capitalisim sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:10 am
poll whore  

Vedol

Hygienic Receiver

Trivia_Master

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:31 am
In my opinion-

-The war should be over. Now. I'm okay with going to get Hussein, but we've got him so we can pull out. We should not be trying to impose our governmental mthods on other societies. A change from (malevolent) dictatorship to american-style democracy is too much for iraq.
-I support the troops and not the war.
-War itself is its own form of terrorism.
-Bush is being a total jerk.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:04 pm
Trivia_Master
In my opinion-

-The war should be over. Now. I'm okay with going to get Hussein, but we've got him so we can pull out. We should not be trying to impose our governmental mthods on other societies. A change from (malevolent) dictatorship to american-style democracy is too much for iraq.
-I support the troops and not the war.
-War itself is its own form of terrorism.
-Bush is being a total jerk.

Don't say you believe we should "cut and run"?  

Epic Fail Girl

Mya Erya

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:09 pm
Bush CAN'T declare war, he DOESN'T have that power. So to those of you that are blaming Bush for declaring war please stop. CONGRESS declares war. As far as whether the war should have started or not i have no idea. I don't support the war, more lives (in my opinion) are being lost than are being saved. I will ALWAYS support our troops though!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:11 pm
this war is so pointless there is no such thing as a war of terror, ur either against a country or not, if we r having a war with the country, blow them off the planet. for example when the country started celebrating because of september 11th they should have done something a long time ago. please people i always say this, dont bite my head off its just my opinion.  

Anabethe

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:59 pm
SoccerSuperstar100
Bush CAN'T declare war, he DOESN'T have that power. So to those of you that are blaming Bush for declaring war please stop. CONGRESS declares war.

This is what I have been trying to explain to people. This country isn't run by just one person.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff