Submit

Do I have a soul?
  No, get over it.
  Sure. What the hell?
View Results

LiBu

Beloved Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:57 pm
I can't remember it well, but I seem to vaguely remember hearing of research indicating that large amounts of energy are released from human corpses when they die.

Is this true?
Is it more than just typical heat and chemical energy?
Could it be the soul?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:06 pm
LiBu
I can't remember it well, but I seem to vaguely remember hearing of research indicating that large amounts of energy are released from human corpses when they die.

Is this true?
Could it be the soul?

humm... I dunno. I haven't heard about this research or anything. If you were able to find an article online about it that would really help.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150

LiBu

Beloved Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:13 pm
AstronomyGirl
LiBu

Is this true?
Could it be the soul?

humm... I dunno. I haven't heard about this research or anything. If you were able to find an article online about it that would really help.

Yeah, I can never find that kind of stuff. My friend, the Outlier can, but he's not around right now.

Of course, I probably heard it on some TV show so it could be completely bogus.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:55 am
LiBu

Yeah, I can never find that kind of stuff. My friend, the Outlier can, but he's not around right now.

Of course, I probably heard it on some TV show so it could be completely bogus.

ah. Well I can kinda see some truth in it. I don't know if it's a soul, but there's probably some explaination for it.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Endrael

Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:09 pm
This is the first I've heard of anything like that, but then if it is true, it wouldn't really be a surprise. Our knowledge of a lot of things is pretty narrow. There's some evidence to suggest that something like remote viewing is possible, but how it's possible, or if it's even true (I personally think it is, having some small knack with it), still hasn't been verified. So it's entirely possible that what you're talking about is true, but if there's a physical/biological reason for it, then there's no logical reason it should be exclusive to humans, which means we should see it with animals, as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:45 pm
Endrael
This is the first I've heard of anything like that, but then if it is true, it wouldn't really be a surprise. Our knowledge of a lot of things is pretty narrow. There's some evidence to suggest that something like remote viewing is possible, but how it's possible, or if it's even true (I personally think it is, having some small knack with it), still hasn't been verified. So it's entirely possible that what you're talking about is true, but if there's a physical/biological reason for it, then there's no logical reason it should be exclusive to humans, which means we should see it with animals, as well.

lol yea that's what I was thinking about when I wrote my last post.
blaugh You always seem to say exactly what I'm thinking as well... only you're able to put it in much better words. whee  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Endrael

Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:16 pm
AstronomyGirl
Endrael

lol yea that's what I was thinking about when I wrote my last post.
blaugh You always seem to say exactly what I'm thinking as well... only you're able to put it in much better words. whee

blaugh Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:33 pm
hmm. Well, there is a movie, 21 grams. They gave it that name because some people believe when you die, your body loses exactly 21 grams of weight. Some people think that might be the soul as well. Maybe these two are connected? Energy and weight are in a certain way equivalent, aren't they?  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:04 pm
The_Bartner
hmm. Well, there is a movie, 21 grams. They gave it that name because some people believe when you die, your body loses exactly 21 grams of weight. Some people think that might be the soul as well. Maybe these two are connected? Energy and weight are in a certain way equivalent, aren't they?

humm... yea. Interesting idea...

@ Endrael - lol it's a good thing... I guess. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:56 pm
Meh, I guess I'll have to wait until I die to figure it all out.
Or, scandal of scandals, I could research it.  

LiBu

Beloved Shade

Endrael

Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:29 am
The_Bartner

Well, energy and mass, technically. Weight is simply a measure of how much force gravity exerts on a body with a particular mass. (No pun intended xp )  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:46 am
Endrael
The_Bartner

Well, energy and mass, technically. Weight is simply a measure of how much force gravity exerts on a body with a particular mass. (No pun intended xp )

I knew that, just didn't know the right word for mass, so I said weight because I know on earth mass and weigth are equivalent
(F = G = 9,81 * m)  

The_Bartner

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:12 pm
The_Bartner
Endrael
The_Bartner

I knew that, just didn't know the right word for mass, so I said weight because I know on earth mass and weigth are equivalent
(F = G = 9,81 * m)

lol good ol' physics words. blaugh
... *is too tired to think of anything else to say. Needs a nap after all that camp staff training*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:17 am
One thing's for sure; if you do have one, you'll not be with it for much longer...

*Eats soul smile *  

rugged

72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas