Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =ElvenWhispers Teepee= Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soquili

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:34 am
User Image
Welcome to the home of Elven and her soquili!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chaleha's Stats
Strength: % 100
Courage: % 100
Speed: % 100
Intelligence: % 100
Luck: % 100
Stamina: 0

The Teepee
User Image
They all live in the foothills down by the river!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:09 am
Welcome to the home of Elven in Soquili lands.

Please pm before posting,thank you!! heart

Meet Two Willows (Elven as Two)

User Image
TwoWillows
rp character references

User Image

User Image

User Image  

ElvenWhispers

ElvenWhispers

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 am
Mother's day Chaleha's mother is Ellie,friended by lostlinx

the Mother's Day Gift
Finally after working all night Chaleha and Two Horses managed to dislodge the gift for Ellie. Chalee was very happy and sprinted about the cliffside nickering and prancing. As Two made a reed blanket to wrap the gift in. Then making one end with a handle to carry the gift. Handing it over to Chaleha,who trotted over to where the teepee was,she rolled the 'blanket' out and there the gift was displayed.A gift tag of dry leaf and berry ink clearly marked the display as follows,
'To my dear mother on her day,a symbol of love from your orange girl,Chaleha'. Happily Chaleha walked away stopping a couple of times hoping to see her mother. Knowing she would relish the day when she could finally see her and perhaps have a little time with her.
The young foal turned and trotted back to the camp where she shared many hours with Two.

To my dear mother

User Image

the gift is a geode finally got photobucket to give up it's treasures!!  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:28 am
rp Elven & Kami 6/27/06
Elven TwoWillows had wandered far,followed by her companion,Chaleha. The young indian girl and her big red mare wandered often with teepee on her back,and her Soquili by her side.She no longer wandered alone. Coming to the edge of the meadow just under the large elm,she decided it would be good for her to rest while Chaleha grazed

Kami
As the sun rose high into the briliant blue sky Tadewi felt a little adventurous. Feeling the familier urge of exploration she rose from her usual spot by the river and wondered off into the forest. Taking care to remember little details that she passed in order to get back when she was done with her explorings she made her was through the canopees of beautiful wild trees. Picking vibrant red barries on her way she soon saw a light ahead she moved on to find herself in a peacful open meadow. She had never been here before and with a sweetsmelling breeze whipping through her braids her turquis eyes spotted two dark figures in the distance. Intence curiosity overwhelmed her and so she headed in the direction of the figures to investigate.
Elven
Two saw her once Chaleha had raised her head and pricked her ears.She watched the young girl approaching.Smiling,it had been awhile since she had talked to another human.Wondering if she could still make the talk,she became a little afraid,what if she could not talk with this person.She soon forgot that.It seemed Chaleha was going to meet her.She watched as the big red mare wandered out to the girl.

Kami
As tadewi continued forward she saw that one of the figures was muving toward her. She soon saw that it was a beautiful soquili that was coming to greet her so she held out her hand as in a gentle welcome. Looking past the mare she saw that the other figure was another indian girl who seemed very kind but somewhat shy. Being the cheerful talkative person that she was, Tadewi decided that she would make the first move and start a convorsation. Without hesitation she called "Hello There!" as she move in the direction of the two.

Elven
Chaleha nuzzeled Tadewi,then turned to head in the direction of the elm. Walking along with the girl Chalee could sense a friendly person,very happy.The mare liked that.
Two froze,she had been called to.So she waved and smiled.Wondering if the other girl could see her doing so.She noticed Chalee liked her,so she relaxed.Working the words around in her mouth she finally gave it ia try,"Hello!!" her voice rang out loud and clear.Birds from across the meadow over at the little marsh flocked off at the sound.Two laughed wondering if she had been too loud,but more importantly what it was she had said.
Kami
After metting up with the mare half way to the girl (being nuzzled and then giving her a loving pat) she continued to the other. The other girl then said hello and Tadewi was filled with happiness of meeting someone new. She reeched the girl with a wide smile plasted across her face and happily exclaimed "hi my name is Tadewi!" she then sat down next to the girl and waited for a respoce.
Elven

She looked around for some of the little willows that were always growing and saw them way across the meadow.
So she tried to say her name,and to her surprise it formed very well ,"I am,am,TwoWillows." She smiled at Tadewi,"I d,d,don't talk to many humans." She offered up some of the maize cakes and berries to Tadewi.
Chaleha moved in close smelling the cakes and Two offered her one,which the big mare took and munched making the face of appreciation.
"Ah,Are you from here?" Two was trying very hard to talk.
Kami
"Oh TwoWillows that a very pretty name," she stated with another smile. She could see that trouble the girl was having with speaking but it didnt bother her. " thank you!" she said graciously accepting a cake for her new friend. "no im not from here i just kind of wandered in a while ago but ti does look very nice here i might stay. " there are so many beautiful soquilis and everone that i have come across seem to be very nice so ...who knows."
Elven
Two smiled and began pulling her teepee hides out.Then she started setting the shelter up."I was thinking of camping here for the night."She was surprised at how good that came out."So I will,and you will stay?" She finished setting the teepee up,it did not take long."Now I need to find stones to place around the firepit,and we can fish for our supper." She stuttered a bit through the words,but it was easy once she started,now her fear was she would not shut up,or would say the wrong thing.
Chaleha scampered about the teepee.She liked it,and the nightfires.
Kami
"oh if its not too much trouble, could I?" Tadewi was very happy...it had been a long time since she had been with another for a while and the thought of it sent quivers of exitment up and down her spine. It seemed like Two had come out of her shell nd ws starting to talk quite a bit more and better. She liked it. "ok what can i do to help." she exclaimed ready to do the best she could
Elven
"Well since you offered,we need to go down to the creek and gather some stones to place around this pit,I just dug.That will keep the fire from burning us up.Then we need to gather wood."She looked at Tadewi's face and laughed,"Of course we could swim and have fun as we work that is how Chaleha and I do.Speaking of which,this is Chaleha."Two motioned over to the mare,who must have understood the intro,cause she 'whickered' at both the girls.
"C'mon we have alot to do before dark.It is a good thing you came along when you did,I was thinking of moving over to the river."They made there way down through the forest to the creek.With it's rocky bottom,and deep pools where the big fish lived.
Kami

So they went down to the creek, Tadewi Two and Chaleha. One they got there Tadewi recagnized her spot and scampered over to pull hr belongings (not much a blanket and some various other objects need to survive) out of a hallowe tree trunk. She then sat them down so that she wouldnt forget them when they were to head back and joined the other two by the water. "OOO this is going to be fun!" she exclaimed with a smile and dipped her bare feet into the cold water.
Elven
Two smiled at her bundles,and said,"Let's take these on to the teepee if you would like.Before we get all wet and then your belongings will be wet.I will get the fishing twines and put them out over there. Two went over and picked up a couple of stones to carry back,it was not a large bundle and Tadewi had been managing all along.

Chaleha waded into the water to drink,she would wait,they would be back.
Kami
Tadewi and Two hurried back to the teepee and tadewi set her bundle down on the ground. "ok then lets go back." she exclaimed. Then after watching Two collect some tfishing twines to catch dinner they set back to where Chaleha was still relaxing in the cool water.

ElvenWhispers

ElvenWhispers

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:30 am
This being drawn by Bloody Buffy is Chaleha and Micah the day she jumped the log.

User Image

The story can be found in Bloody Buffys' tipi.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:32 am
Adventures with samus x june 1/06 begins

Chaleha gazes from across the meadow to see the black stallion. Even from that distance it is apparent he is of ill temperment. She neighs softly,uncertain if this would be a good idea or not.Still this is a new Soquili,she has never met.She nickers softly again..

sam Rahu snorted and had a feeling of being watched. pinning his ears back he heared a nicker from a mare. giving a snort, he gave a nicker back but just in showing he noticed.

Elven Chaleha noticed the silver mare with the ringed tail,also.She had never before met with these two.Of course she had not met a lot of her neighbors,yet.She trotted around her corner of the field 'nickering at both Soquili. Being certain to pin her ears back at the tempermental black one.She even got riled enough to kick her heels into the air. "Wow," she thought,"Where did that come from,I feel kinda mean." Wondered if it was meaness she felt,and really what was meaness?

samus Rahu snorted as the mare was being all riled up. still with his ears pinned back, he ignored her now. flickign his tail, he went to grazing and hoped not to be buged.

Rein Kimi was in happiness that Dory would go to the ocean with her. Though the sky was painted in the night's escence she felt as if day had never left. She noticed the newer mare and a familiar face. Smiling she walked over.

elven She noticed he was ignoring her,and that made her upset. So she decided to trot over the field to have some conversation with this ill tempered one.Slowly the trot turned into a canter. And then she had breached the distance between them slowing to a walk she came close to him,"Hello,my name is Chaleha." She was uncertain so pinned her ears back just in case.

sam
Rahu stopped grazing and lifted his head up to regard her. " and what busey do you have with me." he snapped at her in a cold, calm voice. having thinking he would beable to be alone, he was wrong. having then saw Kimi, he smirked a little remebering the odd talking soquili.

elven Chaleha considered him a moment,"Well that depends," she said,"Who are you? She suddenly began to suspect this may not be a pleasant conversation. It was a free meadow she could always walk away.
Maybe she thought he is shy.

She turned to see the mare leaving the meadow with a sleepy look in her eye. Watching her go wondering who she was,She turned to look at her new aquaintence.

sam Rahu eyed her for a moment and responded. " im Rahu ." he simply stated flatly. looking at kimi he watched her leave with a shrug. turning back to Chaleha, he wondered why she bothered to talk to him. seeing how there was plenty of space aroud.

elven
"Oh what a nice name,"She smiled. "Do you live around here?" She flattened her ears and let them raise back up. This was a different type of temperment from any she had encountered before.Even the Kalona had been nice,though she had not met him yet,either.This fellow was just not really wanting to talk."Well,Rahu,has some one wandered into your teepee with muddy hoofs?"

sam Rahu smirked. " if you say so, and actualy i basicly live where ever. i am a wild, wandering stallion." he wanted to burst into laughter at her las comment, but did not. " i think not, i just got a malicous temperment."

elven Chaleha thought about being wild,as she munched some of the sweet grasses at her feet. "Does wild mean you have no family,too?" She paused to see if he would answer her. Smiling at her new friend she continued to munch the fresh growth grasses.

sam Rahu laughed. " i would say i have no family concedering certain things im not going to tell you. i like to keep personal things to myself thank you." flicking his tail and munching a bit on the grass. he thought Chaleha was quiet bold for asking that question.

elven Chaleha stopped and looked at him. Now she wondered if his entire family was ill tempered.But did not ask that question.
"So,Rahu what do you do for fun?" She asked wondering what sort of response this would bring her. She smiled at the lone wild stallion.

sam Rahu raise a brow at Chaleha." hmm what i do for fun.... i thik you would rather not know." flicking his tail he turned away from her with a smirk. " but i best by on my own way now. i have things to do, and things to see."

elven
Chaleha watched him turn and walk away. "Bye,then." Wondering if it had been something she said. Still it was okay,if he went away.She had places to go and things to do,also.She turned and galloped back to the side of the meadow from whence she had come.

ElvenWhispers

ElvenWhispers

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:36 am
prp link
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=3472773#64547874
Elven's posts from the New World event Thread june1/06
updated 6/26/
User Image
edit TwoHorses is now TwoWillows
Two had finally caught up with Chaleha,who always proved to be the fastest in a race between them. They had come down to the ocean shore to gather shells.Planning to spend the day in the salt water,before returning to the teepee on the river's bank. TwoWillows froze as she looked on Chaleha.Her frozen form was intently watching the shore.Remembering the strange creature she had seen rising from the river,Two became concerned.Creeping up a little farther on the dune than Chaleha,she peered through the sea grasses onto the beach.
What she saw surprised her.There were strange pale people.The odors rising from them hurt her nose.Then she saw the huge beast with it's white manes all billowing in the ocean breeze.The people appeared to be familiar with it.They were climbing off it's back.
She noticed several Kawanii down the beach,doing the same thing she was. This was all too unsettling for her.Grabbing Chaleha's mane she steered her away from the sight.Feeling the nervousness of the mare,she took one last look,and then there was something she had never seen before. A Soquili,with a human on it. Or was it a Soquili? Chaleha built up a whicker and Two made her look away,not wanting the mare to draw attention to them. Holding her by her nose in a comforting manner,Two watched the horse and rider.
It was too much,turning back to the inland she encouraged Chaleha to move with her.They were going home it was not a good day after all for shell hunting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaleha was quiet as was Two. All afternoon upon returning to the teepee,both had alot of thinking to do.Chalee stayed close to the young native woman.Never had she felt this type of tension from the girl before. Snorting and blowing more gave Two every indication the young mare was stressed also.As the sun climbed higher into the sky,Two Horses left from the teepee.Chalee turned to follow,they were heading to the river to wade and splash along the white sandy beaches and cool theirselves in the pristine waters.
They would stop along the way for Two,to pick some of the dark grapes.These she would place in the spring that issued from the bank where they would swim.
Two was walking along thinking of grapes,and what she has seen on the beach earlier.Hoping they had only come to visit and would go home in a few days,she found the boughs of the vines well laden with the large black grapes. Chaleha waited patiently for the girl to finish grabbing a couple of bunches.Chaleha was anxious to get to the river,she was feeling the heat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two heard the noise about the same time Chaleha did,both took cover in the forest alongside the path to the river.Suddenly Chaleha made it known there were Soquili about. Crashing through the wood onto the little area where Two and Chaleha stood were several other Soquili and their human companions. The talk suddenly went into discussions of the newcomers and those poor Soquili. Something needed to be done,those poor Soquili,needed to be rescued.Thundersticks were discussed,in the end no questions were answered.Two shook with fear and anger,as well as Chaleha.She was certain the others were as upset,also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Latonia de la Courtel Wrote:
Tashika eyed the Soquili and their pale faced riders as another thunderstick went off, and she covered her ears as a mare screamed in fright. She watched the horse be pulled back to ground by the silver in her mouth and the leather about her head, and frowned.
"I have not seen this... Ever." She murmured, gesturing to the leather. "No Tribes do this... Who are these people?"

Two was horrified at the sight of the strange captured Soquili going down on the ground.She pulled her long limestone knife from the fold in her tunic.Chaleha snorted and pawed the ground.Shaking her head and mane as if to tell the fallen one what to do.As if that would help.
Two looked over at the new arrivals,"I saw these earlier.But from a distance,Not so close." She looked back at the desperate scene being played out in front of them."Why are they here,acting so ugly?"
There seemed to be only questions at this point.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Latonia de la Courtel Wrote:
Tashika eyed the prancing mare, wanting to comfort her. Shaking her head, she turned her eyes back to the Soquili and pale faced ones. The stallions reared, eyes rolling in fear and misunderstanding, mares skittered around in confusion.
Once more a loud "BOOM" sounded, sending a wave of fire into the pure greenery of the forest. A loud crack of a falling oak made the pale indian jump, and she eyed her new companions.
"We should tell the chief what we have seen." She murmured. "Or at least Princess Soquili."
She jumped at another crash and wished she knew Foalen and Ayita were safe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two looked at the similarities of Tashika and the new comers.But that is where it stopped most definately."I think you may be right about telling someone,though I believe the tale has to have been already told." Two brushed the long braids over her shoulder onto her back,dark eyes of obsidian roved the scene before them.Her tiny frame bent in hiding.But it could be mis-leading,because in that tiny frame was a strength,and a courage born of love.
Chaleha crowded close to her two legger.There was no way she wanted to be seperated from her at this time if she could help it at all.
"I am Two Willows,so named by my father." She paused looking at the newcomers and their Soquili,quietly she wondered about things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Willows awoke to the sound of the little spring trickling down the side of the entry way into the cave. Remembering things from the day before and the seperation of ways she hoped her new found friend and her Soquili would be safe.She had not wanted to stay in the cave and Two had been relunctant to bring her.Not wanting to allow many to know the location of the almost hidden abode.
Sometimes in the spring with the snow melt the cave was all but hidden.Now with the slow trickle from the spring the coarse growth around the entry way concealed the cave. You had to know what you were looking for to find it.Her light foot steps and those of Cahleha were concealed enough by the rock which paved the way into the cave. Indeed the cave was perfect.A hole in the big granite rock with a spring,too!
She had placed the pack containing the tipi and other gathered things from the river and the village with her stores of baskets and clay jars.These had belonged to her parents.Now she kept them for thier return.
Chaleha woke and whickerd to her,rising she joined Two at the door,nuzzling her a good morning.Together they watched the sun rise,and Two's thoughts went to the new comers on the shore.
Chaleha shook her mane nervously at this change in her compainions demeanor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the day passed Two went into the place in the cave where the weapons were stored.She already carried a utility knife thinking it would be for cutting brush back,ot help removing some of the more stubborn tubers. Still looking at the bow and arrows,and their quivers,Tow suddenly felt a little apprhension.It had been a long time since she has practiced with the bow,looking in the box she found her dad's old sling.His new one he had taken with him.
They were only going to be gone for two days.She remembered,they had left her to turn the fish drying in the sun.
She could hear her mother singing the little sing song.She clutched the sling to her heart.A silent vow was made and she went out of the cave to gather stones to use as projectiles for the sling.The last time she had used the sling had been back in the winter,to kill the rabbit.A much needed meal that had been.She wandered around gathering the stones as Chaleha grazed while watching her.
Chaleha seemed to pick up on something from her compainion.Some thing unsettling so she watched her for any sign of going off in a direction.Time had come and the mare knew it well,to keep her eye on her friend.Lest she lose her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The big red mare was excited. She pranced with her mane flowing up,and her tail was blazing about behind her. She was watching the girl,TwoWillows,her companion gathering things for a long journey.Two was nervous and indesisive.Placing things back from where she picked them up.Chaleha stopped and tested the breeze billowing up from the valley below.The smell was smoke,and strangers.She snorted trying to blow the fearsome odor from her nose.
Soon the darkness had come to the cave and Chaleha went to her straw bed and lay down.She knew Two would be laying down soon herself.On the mountain one simply did not go about the mountain safely.Unless it was a bright full moon,and not even then without a torch.Tonight was a night of rest,not lighting the torches for all to see.
Chaleha looked up as Two settled onto her mat and pulled the hide blanket over her.She began to sing a little song,Chaleha did not know the words but she liked the soothing voice.Both went to sleep watching the dying embers of the fire in the floor pit.
Tomorrow would be a busy day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first of the dawn birds began their shrill address of the morning.Chaleha perked an ear,resting until she heard her companion moving.Then she rose up on her strong red legs and shook herself awake.Two offered her a bowl of seeds and grains.This morning there were carrot chunks in there.Only a few moments with the utility knife had produced a fine breakfast for the young mare.
Two started a small cook fire and placed a fired clay cooking bowl on the cooking stone.Pouring the water in she busied herself gathering the packs and placing them by the opening.Pulling back the hide covering,she went out to the spring.
Chaleha finished the last of her grains and followed munching on a carrot chunk.Two splashed in the water as it trickled off the top of the rock ledge.There was it's source,it sprang right out of the rock.Crystal clear and very pure.Sparkling clean and it tasted good.Chaleha went a few paces down to where it pooled and cooled her feet.
Two returned to the cooking and placed some of the grains and seed tops into the water.Chopping some apple,(of which most went to Chaleha),she produced eventually a porridge.
The dawn broke brightly onto the side of the mountain warming the cave with it's brillance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trail down the mountain was slow and adorous. It took longer because they would stop every so often to listen.Chaleha could smell the new comers getting closer.She snorted and pulled her ears back,this Two made note of.The closer they came to the newcomers and their great water beasts,the more Chaleha would act up.Sometimes kicking at the air,with her ears pinned to her head,others snorting and nickering nervously.At all times she was very close to her companion,as if she were afraid of losing her.Indeed there had been days when the red mare had wandered off and Two had no idea where she went or anything much about it.Though a couple of times she had found her in the company of other Soquili.
The trip down the mountain had been very harrowing.Emotions had run high as both the Soquili and her two legger had been thinking of the events of the last several days.They had come to the foot of the mountain and took the trail towards the village.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaleha could think of several reasons not to go into the village,she just could not make Two understand them.To her relief it was not going into the village,that had been on Two's mind.They skirted around the native encampment. There had not been alot of going into the village before,so there would be no going into the village proper tonight.
Chaleha was glad,it seemed the village would be sought by the new comers and they did not seem very nice.Taking what they wanted weather it be their's or not. And she shuddered to think of one of them on her back,yanking her head in directions she did not want to go,with those shiney things in her mouth,and those long cords holding her against her will.Making the big noise and killing her friends.She laid her ears back at the thought.
Two studied the village from the vantage of the tree.Climbing up onto the branch.Here she had met a couple of wood orphans like herself.This had been her sometimes home before finding the basket and gaining the friendship of Chaleha.Looking down she knew that if she could Chaleha would climb up there with her. She watched the village for a bit,still far away from it.With a sigh she climbed down and began the trek to the ocean.She wanted to see what had been happening there.
Chaleha followed,she too wanted to see what was going on there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The forest was very quiet as they made their way to the first of the river crossings.Almost hastily Two pushed on ahead,with Chaleha bringing up the rear.The mare realized she could go on ahead and wait for the girl to catch up,but for some reason she wanted to keep her in her sight.So she folowed along.
Two was thinking how ironic it was to be in such a hurry,now that the newcomers had arrived,when before there had been no hurry,not much.Unless a storm would come up,then there were the hasty retreats into the safe areas.No things were changing and Two wanted to stop it if at all possible.Deep in her heart and mind she held onto the belief,that if nothing changed her parents would return.
There was a ford in the river,where the water was only two foot deep at high snow melt season,so Two hoped it would be low enough for Chaleha to wade,yet not get stuck in the mud.As they approached the place she was relieved to find it a good two foot deep,so that would make the mare's crossing much better.One down and another to go.Perhaps this ford would be passable also.Thinking she could have went to the main ford,but newcomers had been seen there and she did not wish to risk discovery. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The night was moonless and silent.Except for the scurrying of small nocturnes into brush along side the trail.And Chaleha's soft thud on the carpeted floor of the meadow.This was the salt water marshes,leading onto the dunes and behind those the beach.Now the hold of the newcomers.Two wanted to get a good look at them.Wanted to be there in the morning. She had a feeling this would be the morning the newcomers would be needing a reminder who was here on this land first,and why they needed to show some respect for the land they seemed to wish to corrupt.She also wanted to be there to convince them they needed to get back on the cloud beasts and leave.

Chaleha sniffed the air.It was salty to her senses.Yet there was this new taste to the air.She curled her lip in disgust.Why did the twoleggers not run these newcomers away? Should she gather Soquili in hopes they could make them leave?She ws in deep thought when Two brought her a reed bowl filled with seed and grains.She began to munch,there were even dried apples in the mix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a long night.Two had been restless on her sleeping mat in the sand.the coolness of the ocean breeze had chilled her to the bone.Her hide pack could be unfolded to make a covering,but it was a thin one at best.She awoke to a nasty smell.Little did she know what it was,but it did not smell good to her.
Chaleha had stood watch all night,dozing every so often,only to spring awakeStanding behind the dune in the sand,had left her covered with blowing sand,that was now working it's way around on her coat.Causing her to itch.Batting her long dark lashes to remove the build up from around her eyes.She had a little sleep,but it only lead to sandy eyes.Placing her in a bad mood.
The sun rose into it's splendor and began delivering a warmth to them both.Two climbed out of her bedding and prepared it into a bundled pack.Climbing up high enough on the dune,she peeked at the newcomers.
They appeared to be having the morning meal.this angered Two,after all it was the fault of the newcomers that she was out in the sand,with no good warm breakfast.She did not want to build a fire,she might as well walk into their camp.
Grumpingly she pulled a couple apples out of the food pack,offering one to Chaleha and having the other for herself.Today she had a feeling would be a busy day.
~~~~~~~~~~~

The day had been one long wait as the sun climbed into the sky.Two looked up wondering if the Village was okay.Since a troope of newcomers had left out leaving the majority of the invaders upon the beach.
Suddenly Chaleha began to dance,stomping her hoofs into the sand.Snorting and blowing her warning.Two went down on one knee.
Chaleha followed her example and went down beside her.She was blowing,testing the air,and not liking the info she was gaining.
The pair was in ill-temper.The events of the days prior,and the occupation of the beach had left them in a bad mood.The night in the sands did nothing to make either one good company.
Two pulled the sling from around her neck.Checking her pouch of stones,she frowned looking about.If she ran out of stones here,the only other option she had were the broken shells.Looking at those she wondered,and began to pile them close to her.Grabbing the one she suspected had burrowed into her back as she had tried to sleep.
Suddenly another section of the invaders began to move onto the path,there were the strange Soquili with the newcomers on them.
She grabbed Chaleha's nose and held her tight. Watching the group go off in the direction the first band had taken
~~
Two decided just as many had left the beach as had stayed.There were not as many as she had first though,but the destructiveness in their wake soon proved that may be a good thing.She wrinkled her nose in thought.Now she had to make a chioce.To stay or to follow.Seeing the day fleeing off towards it sunset,and given the fact staying meant another night of sand,she pulled her things closer tying them into bundles and placing them into the pack
Chaleha knew that meant they were moving,and she was glad.It had been a hot day of sparce water,and she longed for the river.Cool and clear,quenching her thirst.
Quickly they covered the distance beyond the dunes back to the coarse undergrowth of the salt marshes.Tall reed grew there,enough to hide Chaleha's full 17 hands in height.Her firey reddish copper coat shining in the bright sun.White markings could almost blind Two if she looked straight at them.Soquili were not like the animals with the newcomers.
Soon the soggy trek through the marshes was over and they had reached the more solid footing of the hardwood forest.
It would not be long now until they had reached the coolness of the river,and even if they crosed at the ford there were the pools along side and upstream.Two was thinking of those noce cool deep places as they cleared the forest and arrived on the bank.
What a shock,Two fell to her knees,and Chaleha began to kick with her back legs,laying her ears back.Never had they seen such a destruction on Soquili lands.
There were the carcasses of deer,all manner of trees had been cut.Fires continued to smolder on the bank.The newcomers had moved on,but this place would not forget them very soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
They travelled upstream for a couple of miles,until the river seemed clear and clean.There they went in for a swim in the deep currents.Not too far into those currents,for fear of being swept into the destruction further down.Two had decided not to use that ford,but to go to the places where the two rivers had converged into one.

He was busy looking at the plants.Charley his saddlebred followed close.
This was the land of the 'special horses',and he was awed by it's beauty.
James had no idea what type of plants and animals could be found in the world.Although there certainly were horses like he had not seen before.
Some had been colored like the flowers of his grandmother's garden.
Even as he wrote that in his journal,he laughed to think what others may say about it.Thinking of back home had brought a pain to him.His grand mother was old and ailing.He did not expect to see her when he returned home.She had given him her blessing,and he knew would have loved to be here with him.She had bestowed upon him the love of nature.
So little of the natural beauty around London had been left.
Two and Chaleha had finished their bathing and began their trek up river to the place where there was only one river.Hoping for a cleaner place to cross.they had gone about two miles when Chaleha signalled they were not alone.Two felt it also. Crouching low and keeping to the shadows of the wood behind them they crept around the bend of the river.There they saw James bending over some plants and doing something with his hands.two saw his companion,all bound with the ropes and the metal clangers in it's mouth.She readied the sling.Mad she was from the site up river,she moved silently up to the newcomer.
He was crouching along the edge of the forest,on the sandy bank of the river.

Two silently pulled her sling from the fold where she kept it for quick access.Loading a small stone into the sling,she bagan to swing it.Chaleha watched with interest,as the stone flew from the sling and struck the newcomer on his head.Dropping him like a leaf from a tree. His mount became nervous.Two went toward them. Was he dead,she checked him and he still was breathing,so she tied his hands with some of the cord he had.She had captured a new comer. ~~~~~
6/26
Two drug the unconscience newcomer over to a tree and propped him up.To a passerby he would appear to just be sitting there,having conversation,or fallen asleep.She next went to the river and wet a cloth.
Washing the blood from his forehead.There was not much,but suddenly,she felt sorry for him.Pulling a large leaf from her pouch and going over to the clay bank,she fashioned a poultice,then she place it on the wound.Using the gummy leaf to hold it in place.
Turning to the steed she approached her.Chaleha was already there.Looking at her new friend with pity."Does it hurt?"
The bound mare looked at her,"No not like it does for my poor master."
Chaleha looked back at the young man bound and propped by the tree.
"He will be okay,my twolegger would not hurt him,much."
"I hope not,we have been on a very long journey."
"I am Chaleha."
"I think it is nice to meet you,I am Charlie." The bay mare looked on behind Chaleha.So she turned to see Two coming over.
"Whoa,easy girl."Two grabbed the reins and held them.They were supple and pliant in her hand.Brushing her hand down the mare's neck she felt of the saddle,and tested the weight of the bags hanging on it.Then curiosity got the better of her,and she attempted to mount the mare.Though uncertain of how to do that,wound up only hanging on the side while the mare whirled in circles.Then Two realized she had too much pressure on the reins. Giving up she turned to look at the newcomer,he was awke and smiling at her.~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You had too much pressure on one of the reins,that only makes her go in circles when you try to mount."He realized she did not understand him.
"Great."He thought."I am James,"He pointed to his chest as he said his name. Two looked at him.She understood he was talking and had something wrong with his chest. Going over to him she looked,but did not see any tear in his cloth or any blood.
Once again he pointed to himself,and said his name,"James"
Two looked at him.It occured to her he may be trying to say his name.Everyone else she had met,had told her thier name and so she told him hers,"TwoWillows." Only it was in another form and he did not understand the many sylabled word any more then she had his.Then he said his name again,"James."
Two looked at him and said,"James"
"Yes that is right!" He was suddenly happy and laughed,so she laughed also.Funny people,say their name and then laugh.It was very confusing.
She streamed her multi syllabled word once again.He could not say it,then he pointed at her and said simply,"Two" She laughed it was what she had been trying to tell him,but she did not know what he had said.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:37 am
rp with Summer Raven and her Soquili Bliss
Elven & Cahleha

SR
The stallion wandered aimlessly around the area where Firefly and he last talked. Bliss still had no idea where he was going, or how to get back to Milkshake's pretty little home. Sighing, the dark male decided to stop making a fool out of himself by wandering, but rather stand there and wait until someone came to help him. Yea, that was a good idea, Bliss thought and planted his hooves on the ground, waiting for someone, anyone.

Elven
Chaleha was in a quick walk going down the trail.Heading for the glenn.There she had found Micah and his sister Awnae. Almost there she caught sight of a dark shape just through the trees.She stopped peering through the brush and second growth of the little grove.Smiling to her self,she headed toward the dark shape ,it was someone she had seen before.He seemed to be very sweet.
"Hi,are you waiting for someone?" She asked with a smile.

SR
He wasn't paying attention to the surroudings as he stood there, so the mare's coming really scared him. "AH!" Bliss yelled loudly, jumping backwards. "Oh hello, didn't see you there." He said, laughing at his own stupidity. The stallion's bright purple eyes examined the mare, she wasn't brightly colored, like Milkshake, or darkly colored like Firefly. "Who are you?" He demanded, still staring at her. "I don't know...I mean, I think I was..." Bliss said, slightly confused now.

Elven

Chaleha frowned,perhaps approaching this guy was not the best of her ideas. "Oh I am so sorry,I am Chaleha." She puzzled over his stress. "We have not met before,I have just seen you around." She noticed he had relaxed somewhat."Hey I did not mean to give you a fright."

SR
"Chaleha? That's a pretty name." He said, finally regaining his cool. Bliss smiled warmly at the mare, trying to hold back the question. He knew no one could answer it the way he wanted them too, but he kept trying, just in case someone did know. Bliss didn't want to seem like an idiot in front of her, so he just smiled. "Alright, I'll go with that. I don't believe I've seen you around before. And don't worry, I just get like that sometimes." The stallion paused, still trying to hold back the question. "My name is Bliss, Miss Chaleha...I have a question." Another pause, "Why don't you have a brightly colored coat?"

Elven
She stood there with the morning light inflaming her red coat and wondered to herself about this one.Smiling she began,"I suppose for the same reason you have such a brilliant mane and tail." Then she found herself with a million questions.Ignoring them she went on,"Bliss,well that is a fine name.And where do you live Mr.Bliss?"
She could feel the springiness of the grass under her hooves.The breeze blew through her mane and tail.It was a nice pleasantly cool morning.
She snorted and began to prance about looking at Bliss."Do you like to run in the mornings?"

SR
When the mare commented on his mane and tail, he waited to hear about his eyes. That was what was special about him, he thought, the bright purple coloring of his eyes. But she never said anything, so he frowned. "My mane and tail? How about yours? How did you get your mane that long?" Bliss asked, curiousity filling his voice completely.
"I don't have a home yet, I'm still looking for one. My friend offered me to stay with her, but I don't know how to get back there...." The stallion mumbled soflty, his cheeks flushed red, which was hidden by his dark coat.
Watching her prance, Bliss wondered what she was up to. "Run in the morning? I've never done that before. Why is it fun?" He asked, laughing at himself again.

Elven

She suddenly could stand it no longer,"Yes it is fun ,and makes my days start really good.Just have to watch where you are going." She stopped her prancing about,"Who is your friend? I don't know many of the others.I may know where she lives."She looked into his eyes.Suddenly there was nothing else to do she had to say something."What lovely eyes you have!" She saw him brighten up then,realizing others must ask this first thing.Funny how she had been afraid to ask him that question.She shook her neck causing her mane to fly about."I am not sure of my mane ,it just grew that way,do you like it?"

RS
"Really? Sounds lovely, we should try it one day." Bliss said happily, laughing as she pranced about. The only other mare he knew that did this was Mahiri, so it was rather amusing to watch.
"My friend is Milkshake...her home is covered in bright colors." The stallion said, and then suddently got very excited when she spoke next. "Really? I thought you'd never say something! I know, my eyes are quite lovely. But I can't figure out why they are like that."
"Yes, little Chaleha...you mane is lovely. The color goes well with your coat, and it flows beautifully in the wind." Bliss smiled again, and he tried to copy her by flicking his own mane, but that didn't work very well...considering his mane was in braides. "Oppps..." He mumbled.

Elven
She smiled at him. He was not so bad after all,she had just scared him.She would be mad if he had scared her,too.
"I don't know any one named Milkshake." Chaleha had seen her before,but she did not know her name.She imagined seeing them all at one time or the other."Don't you have a twolegger?"She watched him try to shake his mane as she had done,"Oh are you alright?"

RS
Bliss nodded slowly, trying to remember where Milkshake's home was. He could picture every little detail about it in his mind, but the location was a mystery. Why was it so hard for him to do things like this? "That's alright, I don't need a home anyways. One of these days I'll find her, and I'll stay with her, but right now I'm a loner." The stallion said in a cheerful voice, having no idea what the word 'loner' really meant.
"No, I don't. Well...a human found me one day, and took me back to the teepee, but that's not my home and he's not my human. I don't want to stay there if there is another stallion there. I hate males." Bliss said calmly, smiling at the mare again. He was happy that so far he hadn't run into any other stallion yet.
"Yea, I'm fine. Just can't shake your mane when it's braided." Bliss yelled, laughing happily. "I have another question. Do you think I'm stupid?"

Elven

The question caught her way off guard. "I am afraid I am not smart enough to answer that question.I don't know very many of the others."She paused,"I think you are very nice,and wonder why you are out here alone.I would not say stupid,just,just not very bright."She just hated herself for saying that but it was ture,and so she added,"I am pleased to know you anyway,Bliss." Looking around she felt awkward,but then she always did around others."I am going to take a run,I hope you find your friend she sounds very lovely." She hated to leave him,but the urge to go gallop crazily was beginning to be a bit much for her.Shifting from one foot to the other,she waited his reply.Maybe he would be safe,he certainly was alone when she found him.

RS

He wanted patiently for her to answer, and was slightly confused by the answer she gave him. "Not very bright? Well, yes that's obvious, but I think I'm stupid." He said noticing she felt awkward. But for what reason, did he do something wrong? Bliss frowned, and tore his beautiful eyes away from her.
"You're smarter then me." He said softly, wondering why she was about to leave him. Bliss didn't like to be alone, he really didn't....but he always was.
"You're leaving me? Why?" He suddently lost all his confidence and looked around his surroudings for a place to hide. "Did I do something wrong? Please tell me, so I know not to do that again."

Elven

This was the worse thing she could have said to him.She felt so bad."I just want to go for a run,but it is okay,I wondered about you being alone out here."She felt very mean because of his composure falling as it had done.She moved closer to him and told him,"I will just stay here with you,maybe your friend will come along and find you." Now she had lost all desire to go run.She felt really bad about making him upset again."Bliss you have done nothing wrong ."

SR

Bliss blushed again, shifting his stance so he would feel more comfortable. "Just a run? So you weren't leaving me because I'm too stupid for you?" He asked softly, his bright purple eyes filled with obvious saddness.
"I don't care about being alone most of the time, because I always am." The stallion told Chaleha, now realizing that she felt bad for what she had said, which was wierd. It wasn't her fault for anything.
"Perhaps she will. I'd like it if you stayed here, yes..." His voice trailed off, pondering something. "Ok, whatever you say. And thanks, Chal..." Bliss paused, then grinned slightly. "Do you mind if I just call you Leha? That's a cool pet name, don't you think?"

Elven
She looked into his sad yet beautiful eyes,and smiled."No I wanted to run,but not now.I can wait.Or if you like we could go try to find Milkshake's teepee." She wondered at that,because she did not want to be lost again.Alone.
"I know what it is like to be alone,Bliss.There is so much more than being alone all the time."Though she really did not know why she had said that.Not knowing what there could be more of. "And that is very pretty,Leha,I should like it if you called me that." She smiled at him,then and looked around.Wondering if they could find his friend,and how far away did she live.The breeze blew through her mane and she tested the air.The smell of rain came to her.

SR

"Milkshake doesn't live at her teepee, she lives alone in a bright garden of flowers. I can't remember where that is exactly." Bliss rolled his eyes at his stupidity, but was thankful he could't remember. It gave him more time to spend with this mare, and he loved every mare...no matter who they were. The stallion needed friends, Chaleha could definatly be one.
"Do you mean like a mate? Someone you can count on all the time?" He asked her, curiously. If that was what she meant, he didn't get it. Why did having a mate matter to so many soquili's? Bliss was content with just one friend.
"Alright, Leha it is then." The stallion laughed, as he looked up into the sky. Water, he could sense it. Bliss hated getting wet, everything about water bugged him. Hopefully it wouldn't come down. "So, Leha, do you have a family?"

Elven

Leha,she liked the sound of that. "Oh well I don't know where a field of flowers are." She puzzled over what he had said and asked,"What is a mate,someone to count on all the time?How can you count on,,"She paused then wondering if it would rain.
"I have a family,I have not seen them in a long time.I live with my two legger,over through the forest there by the river.Two Horses is her name.And she has a very nice teepee for us." Then she looked at him,and thought it out,"Say would you like to come home with me,and stay until we can find Milkshake?Two Horses may know where to find her." Chaleha realized the moment she said that,there was no way to tell Two Horses what she wanted to do.That was silly."Anyway I think you would be drier than standing out here."

SR
"Neither do I." Bliss shrugged, "But don't worry, it's not a big deal." He told Chaleha softly, now it was his turn to explain something. "A mate is someone you love, I think. I dunno..I'm not the right stallion to ask." He grinned widely, remembering the conversation between Firefly and him.
Listening to her talk about her family, he wondered what it was like to have others who cared so much for you, like a family was supposed to. Perhaps he'd feel that way soon, perhaps he wouldn't. "Well, that's terrible. Maybe after we find Milkshake, we can go look for your family." He nodded slowly, then continued, "Two Horses? Your teepee? There isn't a stallion around your home, is there?" Bliss asked, he didn't want to be bothered by a male, he hated them so much. "If not, then sure...I'll stay with you! I'd be more then happy too! You're right. So lead the way, little Leha! But I won't stay long, I cannot stay in one place for too long."
Elven

She looked at him and almost burst out with laughter."No Two Horses is my human companion,my friend.There are no stallions at our teepee.Though some do pass by at times." Someone to love.He certainly was not the right one to ask that question.She had more questions than answers from talking to him.She wished Micah and Awnae would come along,something terribly.Awnae could possibly explian what he was talking about.As the sky darkened she cast a worried glance to it.
"We should go,then it is getting dark.It may just be a shower,but you will be dry at our teepee." She began to trot off towards home and her friend.Stopping once to see if he was following her.
SR
Bliss laughed along with her, but only at his stupidity. It was funny, in his oppinion on how seriously dumb he could get. "Oh, alright sorry." He said, still laughing. "Ok, if there are no stallion's I'll go." Blis said, nodding slowly. This mare was different then Milkshake, and definatly different then Firefly. Chaleha caught his bright purple eyes, she was quite amusing.
As she looked up in the sky, he freaked. "Alright, let's go, hurry I don't want to get wet!" He yelled, and followed her quickly. "faster, little Leha, faster!" Bliss yelled, laughing again. There was only two things he hated really in life, water and stallions.
Elven
She set the pace at a gallop,which was treacerous on the trail through the forest,it being only a small footpath with alot of dips and curves.Still she went faster at his urging listening to the sound of his heavy hoof beats coming up behind her.Soon the race ended at the teepee and Two Horses was very surprised.Leha did not know what the human was saying exactly but it was down to,"Get in here both of you we will work it out later!" And the dark sky burst open and the rain fell in torrents.They had just made it. "Well,Chalee,who is your handsome friend,and where did you find him?" Of course all Chaleha could do was nuzzle her for carrots

ElvenWhispers

ElvenWhispers

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:21 pm
Bloody Buffy,Chamain,Elven

She cantered down the path.Though for some reason it did not seem to take as long as she had remembered. Pausing at the crest of the little hill,she rocked down it towards the log.Hopping over it,and to her surprise clearing it with room to spare. Pausing on the other side,she rounded in the trail and went back to the hurdle.She snorted impatiently with the log,wanting it to clear up the mystery,of why she had been so easily able to hop it and why it seemed so much smaller.
Though it was not the log,but the glade on top of the little hill,that brought a scent she knew.Happily forgetting the log,she galloped to the hilltop and stopped.There stood adults.Not who she was expecting at all.Still they seemed terribly familiar to her."Hello!"She called questionably.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:52 am
Turning her head, annoyed by someone coming to ruin her peacefulness. Awh, there it goes... Looking closely who it was, her temper changed. "Chaleha?" Reconising the patterns on her, she guessed only if she was. "It has been months...I haven't seen you for a logn time..." Of course, during the months, the filly has grown up quicker than anyone expected. Now she is a full grown mare.  

Alice says RAWR

ElvenWhispers

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:03 am
Chaleha gazed in amazement at her friend."Oh Awnae is this you?" It had been awhile since they had seen each other,and here was Awnae all grown up. "Oh I love your curls!" Thinking back she wondered if she too had grown,then she laughed,"It is the oddest thing,I have been wondering at the log.It seemed it was larger than now,and I guess so.I must have grown,also." She had not noticed growing.Later she would curl up in her teepee and think about this.Growing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:08 am
In surprise, her eyes were wide open. "Oh my, Chaleha, you're beautiful." Trotting up to the girl, she examined her. Wow... "Thank you, I love my hair too. Although your long hair and braided tail matches so well with you." Awnae was absolutely amazed to actually see a friend randomly, expecially one that she hasn't seen for months.  

Alice says RAWR

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:21 am
*Micah looked at Chaleha from a distance. She was so beautiful! That was hs friend from so long ago? He stopped. His eyes wide, but then he stood straight and proud. His eyes bright. He walked over to them, a smile playing on his fine lips.*
Hello there. You guys have grown quite nicely.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:51 am
In front of Chaleha, she acts different towards Micah, but sometimes she just won't change. "So did you." Looking at her brother like how she did to Chaleha. Nodding her head at her brother. If I am not wrong, I remember when we were young...it felt like that Micah had a crush on Chaleha....no way, we were too young...but now we're older. It doesn't hurt to tease him about it..  

Alice says RAWR

ElvenWhispers

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:50 pm
Chaleha looked across the clearing to the other adult.To her surprise he came closer and proved to be Micah. She was astonished,he was so handsome!! "Oh Micah you grew up real well!!" She stammered.A hint of a blush could be seen on her white cheeks. Luckily it looked like a trick of light off her red coat.She began to pace restlessly,until she made herself stop that.Tossing her mane about,she laughed,"I am very happy to have found you both ,again!  
Teepees

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff