No
View Results

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:25 pm
Ever cosplayed? Ever been in a contest? Have a hilarious story to share or need help on a costume? Here's the place for you! This is your official cosplay thread! Post pics of your cosplay outfit, talk about designs, whatever that's cosplay and have fun!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:49 pm
I cosplayed Boogiepop last year! This year I'm cosplaying Cyberia Mix lain...
...I think.  

gimme_chocolate

Camden_Rehab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:02 am
People do not cosplay in Britain. We don't tend to do conventions really either though, so it's not like there's any opportunity. Plus I don't have the figure or super-sewing-skills to cosplay well. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:24 am
Yeah lack of sewing skills has been what's keeping me from starting my cosplay outfits. I really should start though, I got a sewing machine from my old home ec teacher and I only have two months to use it. I'm going to cos as Ed Elric, Genjo Sanzo, and Katsuya Jonouchi. Pics when done.  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:23 am
This is me with my cousin and my first time wearing my costume. I was Inu-Yasha. My ex (when we were together) made the outfit for me for a convention 3 years ago. The wig turned out horribly. crying I was forced to use silver spray car paint on a blonde wig.
User Image
This was me at a convention this March. Same outfit, with a few of my own alterations.
User Image
Problem here was, seeing as Inu-Yasha wears no shoes, I went barefoot, but brought some sandals with just in case and, as you can see, there is snow...and I forgot to put my sandals on before we left...In here, we just used white hair spray on me, but it still turned out like crap cuz you can see my brown hair... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:37 am
And if you want a funny story, here ya go...*pretty flashback music and sparkles*
First convention I went to was sucky at first because my ride ditched me (my boyfriend at the time) so my friends drove me and when I find my bf, turns out he went with a friend and didn't tell me about it. But before that, while I was looking for him, I sat on a bunch...wrong move I made was that it was in front of the bar. If you know who the Band of Seven from Inu-Yasha is, then the scene should be noticeable. 7 guys, each dressed as a member of the Band of Seven, were in the bar, drinking away. The guy dressed as Jakotsu, the gay one, sees me, walks over to me, and sits by me. He puts his arm around me and pretends to hit on me. He actually thought I was a man dressed as Inu-Yasha! He was only hitting on me because his character does. I didn't say anything, trying to make him figure it out himself. He found out by means of licking his finger and wiping the black makeup I had on my eyebrows to make them darker off. He apologized and went back to his laughing friends.
Later at the same place, after I found my bf, we went outside for some air...it was raining and he and his friend were wrestling in the grass. I was under the gazebo to stay dry. I sat like Inu-Yasha for a few minutes, watching a Kikyou cosplayer sweep the walkway and a Faye cosplayer, Sailor Moon cosplayer, a Pikachu slave cosplayer, and a guy in regular clothes were playing rock, paper, scissors. When I stood up, I heard the guy scream. Here was the conversation:
"Hey, Inu-Yasha!"
"What?"
" *picks up long chunk of silver hair* You shed on my crotch!"
...nuff said...  

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:20 pm
Yay! My first real cosplay outfit is done! I can now legally say I've been in Katsuya Jonouchi's pants. Yippee!

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Awesome!  

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200

starry_moon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:05 pm
I've never cosplayed before but I want to at the con coming up to AK soon but I need some help anyone have suggestions as to which I should do, either 'full moon' from Full Moon Wo Sagashite in this outfit: User Image or rin sohma from Fruits basket in this outfit: User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:25 am
starry_moon
I've never cosplayed before but I want to at the con coming up to AK soon but I need some help anyone have suggestions as to which I should do, either 'full moon' from Full Moon Wo Sagashite in this outfit: User Image or rin sohma from Fruits basket in this outfit: User Image
I like both of them, but I like Rin more. She just rocks.  

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200

starry_moon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:31 am
Its getting hard to do her, I can't find the material for her shirt and what do you think her necklace and braclet are made of?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:51 am
You've seen me as Inu-Yasha, but I want to do something different next March. Which should I do? The ones posted are the outfits I want to do.
Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sango from Inu-Yasha
Botan from Yu Yu Hakusho
Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho
User Image
User Image

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200

Ashira_Aria

Interesting Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:53 am
starry_moon
Its getting hard to do her, I can't find the material for her shirt and what do you think her necklace and braclet are made of?
It looks like the bracelet is made of some cloth and the necklace looks like just a silver band with a charm.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:12 am
alright thanks and I say go with the last Kurama it looks really cool or go as Botan, I'd save Tohru as a back up or just for some other time  

starry_moon

27: Anime/Manga Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces