Cause I'm a poll whore
View Results

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:17 pm
Same as the favorite anime thread, but about the manga side. Talk about any manga you'd like and why you like it so much.

Currently the three mangas I live for are Red River by Chie Shinohara (hardly anyone's heard of this one. It's a gem people!), Tsubasa, and Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden (Takiko kicks Miaka's a**!). So how about all of you?  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:56 pm
I don't necesarily have a fvorite manga.. I tend to like whatever catches my interest. But right off the top of my head.. I know I'm rather fond of Peach Girl. An old friend in high school had bought the first three copies straight from Japan, with the crappy english translation and everything. Oh, man, those were awesome. xd And just a few weeks ago, my sister had told me about there being an anime on it, so I went to youtube and watched all 25 episodes. I was such a nerd those two weeks.  

Ms_Briefs

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:59 pm
I love the three that I'm buying right now, but I have to say my all time favorite manga is Alice 19th by Yuu Watase. It was the first manga I ever bought without any outside influence. Cardcaptor Sakura was technically the first one I ever got, but I had already watched the awful dub so the manga was my release. It must have been destiny because at the time I was reading Alice 19th I was going through a really hard time and that manga's story helped to pull me through. It was sad that it was only 7 volumes, but it will always be my favorite of all time.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:08 pm
SAIYUKI. nough said  

hakkai girl

Jironimo Kasumi

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:10 pm
^ Wow! That's not obvious at all.

I haven't read much, but whenever I had time, I borrowed my friends' Naruto manga whenever I am back at my hometown.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:04 pm
My faves are Pradise Kiss, Nana--both by Ai Yazawa, and Tokyo Boys & Girls by Miki Aihara....

I really wish Ai Yazawa would release more in the U.S.!!!

Icy_Kat

Queen Lucia

Sparkly Leaf

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:01 pm
My favorite manga is Di Gi Charat & Sailor Moon. whee  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:20 pm
The Steam Detectives I rather like, along with Ranma 1/2 (just for the ridiculous factor) and the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga wasnt too bad either. I love the art.

Electric Magic

Neo_Nightangale

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:13 am
favortes manga is Pretear and Dears.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:44 pm
I like too many and change favorite waay to often @-@ Girl Got Game currently  

Remotely Painful

God of the Black Flames

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:48 am
My most favorite manga series is FLCL!  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 am
doi have to pick one*thinks*okay i like magic knight rayearth,sailor moon,tokyo mew mew,dn angel,tenchi muyo,fushigi yugi, inuyasha,tsubsa,okay i have to many to list so i am going to stop now  

high summoner of aeons

Kiria Delusional Kitty

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:52 pm
Yu Yu Hakusho and Samurai Deeper Kyo are by far my favorite manga. Especially Yu Yu Hakusho. Mars was good, too.

(And I've actually heard of Red River... just haven't read it.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:15 pm
In no particular order: Battle Royale, Inuyasha, Ranma 1/2, Fruit's Basket, Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mew Mew, Yu Yu Hakusho, DNAngel, Tenchi Muyo, Angelic Layer, and...Chobits. xD Oh, and Happy Mania. Can't live without Happy Mania, can we?  

R4!nB0WS

Danno

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:58 pm
Ranma 1/2  
27: Anime/Manga Corner

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items