User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Enizi was excited! Today was a baking and potion making day! She had gotten a bit excited to have a guest come over. She had made sure to grab some stock for the bread she was going to get cooked up and some other ingredients for some poultices, with some of the extra flowers Bakkhos was bringing that would give it a little bit of a different scent. Heck even trying to maybe just make some good smelling fragrant oils would be good too. Everyone liked different scents right? Though he main focus today was going to be getting all that bread made. Hopefully the terrifying bugs would spend their days outside and not try and come through the window into her dwelling. Absolutely not a fun time if that were to happen. Enizi was a big scaredy cat when it came to any kind of bugs, even butterflies scared her and they don’t even hurt you! Then again, she was also scared of the woodland creatures around her… why was it she lived here again? Oh right, the peace and quiet was nice.

She could see her friend coming up as she began her process for the meal she was starting. The mare was going to make four quite large loaves. Give two to Bakkhos so he could take it back home and then another for her friend Void. She would like the homemade bread right? Of course she would! A toothy grin spread across her face.

“Good morning!” Calling out to the other, her wings giving a little flap in excitement. There wasn’t many windows to her home, it being a dwelling built into the ground but where she was it was the only other side that held windows she could look out the front of.

WC: 298
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bakkhos had gathered up some extra flowers and fragrant plants that he grew. Mostly he tended to flowers, but his new friend had introduced him to some other varieties. He particularly liked the ones that had pleasant scents, but she said some had medicinal properties. To be honest, he was completely clueless when it came to that sort of stuff. The stallion looked around him counting bundles to make sure he got everything.

Nectar scampered over with a bundle and squeaked. "Don't forget the chamomile Bakkhos! Enizi specifically asked for it remember?" She set the fragrant bundle by the rest and looked them over with a critical eye. "For our first attempt, I'd say this isn't too bad. Shall we go see what Enizi thinks?"

"Thank you Nectar." He smiled at the little mouse. What would he do without her? Bakkhos wondered how he had gotten along before he'd found her. He added the chamomile to his basket and nodded. "I hope she's happy with these. We'll get better as we practice more." He waited for the beemouse to jump into the basket before he picked it up and put it on his back, and headed off to Enizi's place.

Maybe with the help from his friends, he could start selling his extra products? Obviously the graveyard came first, but if he had extra that would only go to waste he share it around with those who could use it. Bakkhos was pulled out of his thoughts by an unfamiliar sight. Enizi had shown him her garden mushrooms and things she called garden gnomes, which he wasn't all to sure about. He'd never get any for his garden. But what greeted his sight was a tall bird of some kind, with long legs, that he didn't recognize. It was dark colored too. "Hi Enizi. What.... are these?"

WC: 309

She had begun to clean up a little to at least put some things away before she headed out to greet her friend but was instantly too excited when he had asked about the tall bird. “Its called a flamingo if I am remembering right.” The dark colored flamingo was actually painted black and in some points was in need of a few extra coats. The weather having chewed it up. “Its actually supposed to be pink but I didn’t think it matched the gnomes.” Which she gave a small nod to the more dark clothed statues. They had been something she had grown up with and though it wasn’t an extensive collection, it was a nice collection that watched over her mushrooms. They were edible but she didn’t do much with them. Somehow they were the only thing she seemed to have a green thumb for.

Those green eyes looked towards the beemouse. Nector still scared her from time to time, but she was mostly okay with this particular rodent. The whole friends with Bakkhos thing helped a lot and the fact that Nectar was pretty good about giving Enizi space. “They are a new addition. They were a little beat up before but now they are as good as new!” She beamed. “Come in come in. I am just working on the dough right now. We can set all the other stuff aside for now.” The brown mare though usually a grouchy female always found when she baked her face seemed to have less of a crease to it. Which was a good thing, but this was a lighter hobby that she did sometimes when she wasn’t making all of her concoctions.

“You seem to have a hefty haul in that bag of yours.” She hoped that he and Nector had remembered the bring the chamomile so she could get some tea ready.

WC: 321

Bakkhos looked with in trepidation at the unfamiliar bird. "Flamingo, huh?" He wasn't so sure about it, but if Enizi liked it that was all that mattered. A pink bird? That would be outlandish. He must remember to never tell his mother about this. She would want one. And he was NEVER EVERY mentioning those things she called gnomes to her. She'd put one by each gravestone. Bakkhos gave a subtle shudder down his spine. No thank you.

He was happy when she invited him inside quickly. "Excellent. I brought the flowers and plants like we talked about." Nectar scampered out quietly out of the basket and found a counter for herself to sit upon out of the way. She watched eagerly to see what Enizi thought of their offerings. Her tail twitched impatiently as the mare wanted to set it all aside for now. She sighed and settled down to wait.

"I can't wait to try it." He set the basket down after letting Nectar step out. "We did have a lot left over this time. So figured I'd bring it and see if any of it was useful." Bakkhos reached in and fished out the chamomile to present it to Enizi. "You can thank Nectar or I'd have forgotten it." He gave a wink to the mare.

WC: 219

There was a tiny little shrug from Enizi. She had never seen the actual bird before but she had, on good authority, been told that was what the creature was called. “Would you like to take one of them back with you?” It would be quite the interesting ornament in the graveyard. Though judging by his reaction the answer was probably a no.

Enizi looked at Nectar and tilted her head just a touch, “I appreciate that Nector. I don’t want to seem like I am pushing it off, I just want to make sure we get this bread ready to go in.” She felt bad that she pushed it off but she really did need to get the dough finished. Tea though sounded delightful and she really wanted to especially with how much she wanted to relax a bit. She stretched and began diving back into the dough. She could at least get the two done now and get it baking so it could be done.

The mare looked at the herbs that Bakkhos fished out, taking the chamomile and began to get water boiling. “Have you tried this at all before?” She asked as the water was heating up. It would be some time before the bread finished baking anyway. So she could take a look at the different bundles that were brought and see which ones could be added to the other dough to give it a little extra taste. “Thank you Nector.” She dipped her head towards the beemouse, “Let’s take a look at these and see what we can work with.”

WC: 266

For a moment Bakkhos looked horrified when she offered for him to take one, fearing she might try to push it off onto him. Sheepishly he shook his head, "I'm afraid of what my mother would try to do with it to be honest." Charnette was always up for a good prank. Something novel like this? It would be months before they saw the end of it.

The little mouse smiled to herself as the mare took it upon herself to reassure her. "I know you won't let it sit to the side for long." She twitched her whiskers playfully as she kept her wings folded nicely against her back to keep them out of sight as much as possible. "I'm just as eager to have some as you are. Is there anything you need help with?"

Bakkhos shook his head as she started preparing the bread and tea. His speciality was flowers. Not bread or tea. He could try to help if she needed it, but the results would probably be dubious. "I hope you'll find something useful in there. If not I'll find some other new things and bring them next time."

WC: 194

It was quite some time after she had shown the pair how to steep the dried tea leaves she had just enough for them to have a drink and maybe a half. She had even shown them how to get the chamomile turned into tea leaves to steep in water for later. Enizi had been very proud of herself at that. During that time they watched the dough and then finally set it to bake, Bakkhos scoring the bread with flower designs.

“Wow look at that!” Enizi gasped as she retrieved the dough. The flower looked absolutely amazing, “I know it's a long process but I swear, it is going to be quite delicious I promise.” She was quite excited for them to try the bread once they were able. It had been a good few hours since they had arrived so she knew their time was getting shorter before they had to set off towards home.

WC: 157

He was delighted when she asked him to score the bread with designs. All he could think of were flowers though. Nectar helped him with placements and he felt most of them came out reccognizable. Bakkhos was dubious at first about the tea, but after tasting it and learning how to steep them he was definitely going to try it at home. "That came out better than I expected."

The small group enjoyed a good afternoon together. After appreciating tea and fresh baked bread, they went thought the flowers and plants that he'd brought. Sorting through useful ones and pretty ones.

WC: 101