Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 11:55 am
This is a private RP with my Soquili, Soma. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 12:12 pm
Today was going to be a good day. It was the first day of the springtime months, and thus was the first of many days to be spent gardening. Additionally, today was the first day he was going to be teaching the young ones how to do it. Soma was particularly excited about this, if not a bit anxious, as he had never taught anyone about planting and harvesting and the like. It was going to be a new experience for everyone!

“Good morning, one and all!” He called out heartily as he approached the awaiting group of foals. “How is everyone today?” There were a few equally excitable responses mixed with some less so excited ones. “Haha!” Soma laughed, smiling brightly at them all. “Come now! This will be fun! We’re going to learn about one of the most basic things in life that you can enjoy. What’s even better is that you can put your own spin on it! You merely have to stick to the basic tenants of the craft then go from there.” Judging by the expressions he got in return, he felt that the young ones didn’t necessarily believe him. “Tough crowd today,” a little whisper tickled his ear before a wispy figure drifted into view. “Are you certain about this?” The mushroom spirit looked from the foals to Soma and back again. Soma simply grinned. Three, two, one… "What’s that?!” One of the fillies had taken note of his ghostly companion. “Ahhh,” his smile broadened. “This is one of the spirits who guides and helps me. His name is Kubera, but I like to call him Ku for short. Please don’t let his appearance frighten you. He is friendly…unless you provide him a reason not to be. That’s neither here nor there, however. Today, we learn about gardening. Come, come. I have a place already chosen for our lesson today.”

Soma sidled off. He checked over his shoulder every so often to be sure the foals were following. While everyone had indeed followed, it was obvious a few of them were more nervous about Kubera than others. It’s a good thing the others chose to pass on today. I might not have any students left otherwise. Soma could understand their hesitancy. Spirits weren’t usually open to exposing themselves unless the matter called for it. This would be the foals’ first time encountering one. All part of the lesson, of course. If the young ones truly wanted to become gardeners, then they would need to understand that they and the spirits would have to coexist in harmony. “Ah, here we are.” Soma announced after a few moments. A clearing stood ahead of the group. The sides were lined with baskets and mats of various seedlings while the center seemed as if it had been worked a little recently. “This is where we our lesson begins. Tell me, can anyone guess what I was doing in the very center?” It took a couple of guesses but an answer was provided swiftly enough. “Tilling the soil, yes! Now, can anyone tell me why we till the soil?” And so it went. Soma asked the foals questions, gauging where their knowledge lay, and provided feedback where needed before moving on to showing the differing techniques and types of flowering plants.

“Mr. Soma,” a colt at the back called. “You’ve talked about the seeds and planting and all, but you haven’t talked about that thing over there.” The stallion followed the little one’s gaze to the base of a large tree. “What is it?” “That,” Soma glanced at Kubera and nodded, “Is what we call a shrine.” Kubera wafted over as he spoke, settling atop the structure. “You see, one of the most important things about gardening is being in harmony with the spirits. Not all places have spirits mind you, but places like where we live- the forests, streams, bushes, etc.- tend to house many spirits. If you choose a place to plant your garden, you’ll want to determine if there are spirits present and make an offering to show you mean no harm. We do this by creating a shrine or a house-like structure for the spirits to visit. Sometimes, as you can see by the tiny garden gnome requested by Ku here, the spirit will ask you to make a modification before completely accepting the offering. Not every spirit will ask it of you. Most will be happy enough that you even bothered. The main thing to remember with these spirits is to take the time to acknowledge their presence and that it’s their space first. Do that, and you’ll likely be blessed with a beautiful garden.” “Why did Mr. Ku want a garden gnome? Did he ask for the mushrooms too?” Some chuckled. “No, I’m afraid the mushrooms were my doing. Apparently, I have an affinity for fungi. They just grow wherever I lay a garden. Fortunately for me, however, they appear to fertilize my flowers and herbs instead of doing harm.” Not that he would recommend using mushrooms in such a way. No others he had spoken with ever had any luck using them. It felt like mushrooms were his lucky charm, and his alone.

With a deep breath, Soma looked at the faces surrounding him. "Well, that’s all the time we have for today I’m afraid. We’ll pick up our lessons in a few days to see how much progress our seedlings have made. In the meantime, I would you like everyone to ponder what sort of shrine or house they might make if they chose a location to garden. You can make it or draw it if you’d like. Just bear in mind that, ultimately, it must be something a spirit would be drawn to. We’ll have a discussion about everyone’s designs next time. Now, let’s be off. I think I smell lunch for us.” “Yeah!” “Lunch!” “Thank goodness! I thought I was gonna starve…” The cheers rang out from one and all as they made their way back. Even Kubera was slightly more animated. “That went well.” The spirit remarked. “Despite you lying about the gnome. You know as well as I that you put it there to annoy me.” “I have know idea what you’re talking about.” Soma shook his head. He cast a sidelong glance at his spirit friend. “But if I did, it doesn’t look like you’re bothered by it. In fact, I’d say you quite enjoy it.” “I-I have no clue of what you speak.” “Mmhm.” Back and forth they went, like the two old friends they were. Both of them pleased with the outcome of the lesson. Soma and Kubera wouldn’t be around forever. So, it would fall to the next generations to keep protecting the nature they held so dear.

FIN

WC: 1,135  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash