This is a solo RP between Pandora and Zenith. Both are owned by Nayci.

Note: Keywords mushrooms and garden gnomes are bolded, underlined, and in all caps.

---

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you had approached Pandora and asked back when she first made her home under the vastness that was the draping willow tree above her that’d she’d be the alpha of her own herd she would never have believed you. Tell you that she was far too shy and nervous to be at the head of a herd, leader of others, friend and confidant to those who were in the most need. She’d say that you were far too confident in her skills, her ability to be the one that others trusted enough to witness them at their most vulnerable. And yet, here she was, more than a few moons out since her arrival in her now place of residence, alpha of her own group of friends and loved ones, head healer to soquili and familiar both who found them and asked for aid, and even an auntie to her brothers’ children. Pandora had come a long way since then, and still, there was more to learn and to grow. But today luckily was none of those things. Bathed in the twilight hours of the day, the sun just below the horizon casting an ever-fading glow to welcome in the night sky and moon, Pandora was calm, content, and humming as she made her way towards the healing gardens of their herd’s grove. Her only light source was that of the lightning bugs and her own glowing orbs caught between the branches of the tree upon her back. Welcoming and beautiful.

See, her family and friends strived to make their herd lands the place of refuge for those who needed it most. Be it for their mind, body, or soul, whatever was needed to heal. They had head healers for each, her friend Centaurus for the mind, her aunt Eywa for the soul, and her for the body. Her brothers, Andromeda, Galux, and Ephemeris ensured everyone within their territory was safe, keeping the peace and stopping anyone from causing trouble. Regardless, tonight was important. Their stocks of healing herbs were diminished and needed replenishing. It was up to Pandora to fulfill this duty, and she was happily content to do so. Even though her status was Alpha, she much preferred the quiet solitude of their garden filled with a multitude of various healing properties. From MUSHROOMS such as the Chaga that helped with the physical to Lion’s Mane that promoted the health of the mind, and more. Bit by bit, Pandora hummed happily as she began filling the basket that was attached to her hip, the glow of the nearby Bitter Oyster aiding in her in collection of what was needed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.“Need some help Auntie?” Pandora lifted her head to look at the young colt that had just arrived along the edge of the garden.

“If you’d like. You’re more than welcome to help me get what we need, Zenith. So long as Andromeda doesn’t need you for self-defense training.”

Zenith shook his head, curly mane and braids bouncing as he did so, “Nah, Dad said today is for resting. Him and Uncle Galux are off working on an updated territory map and re-enforcing the boundaries.”

“I’m sure they’re just thrilled,” Pandora chuckled, knowing full well that it was her brother Ephemeris’ idea and not theirs, “very well. Find a basket and start filling it with some aloe and turmeric please.”

Zenith grinned and carefully made his way over to a nearby ledge that had additional empty baskets, pulling one loose and setting it near the necessary plants and herbs, “dad also says to tell you that Uncle Ephemeris is a…,” he briefly paused, eyes squinting in contemplation, “an annoying pain in the treebutt?”

Pandora couldn’t help but laugh and snort at the same time, the sound awkward but amusing at the same time, “color me not surprised. Alas, your father and uncle will no doubt survive.”

The silence that came after was comfortable and homey. Zenith passing to Pandora anything that she asked of him. Quiet conversations breaking the silence periodically as Zenith told Pandora about his day, what him and his dad were working on in defense, to even his studies with Ephemeris on the art of conversation and negotiation. Zenith always showed enthusiasm and willingness to learn and grow, and Pandora was incredibly proud of her young nephew.

“Autie, when are my studies with you going to start?”

Pandora paused in picking up some lavender and cocked her head to the side in curiosity, “you want to focus on healing physical ailments? I thought you were more of the rough and tumble sort, Zenith”

“I am, but I want to learn everything. It’s great that I can use my body to physically protect everyone. But how can I continue to do that if I can’t heal my own wounds if it ever became necessary? Or help someone coming to us for assistance but first need some calming words like Centaurus before reaching the center of our herd lands?”

“Ah, so you’re wanting to be an all-rounder,” Pandora smiled knowingly, “I think it’s perfect for you. We can start now if you’d like to.”

Zenith beamed in excitement, “really?!”

“Really.”

And with that, Pandora began her first lesson with her nephew in defining various plant and fungi families. Zenith in rapt attention, watching carefully and closely, and Pandora pointing out the importance of double-checking everything to ensure nothing was missed or spirits forbid poisonous. To this, Pandora felt a swell of love in her heart, utter joy that she was no longer alone in the world, and finding her place in the grove that was her home. Their parents would be proud of all of them. And in the end, as Zenith and Pandora finished their work and readied themselves to leave the garden, the colt looked from their baskets to the remaining herbs and fungi.

“We should spruce up this place a bit.”

“Oh? The glowing mushroom caps aren’t enough?”

“No, the garden needs protection too.”

Pandora raised an eyebrow but gave Zenith the time to finish his thought, “What do you have in mind?”

“Well, Momma liked to tell me and my brother this bedtime story about how the Great Spirits used to tend to the earth by sending sprites, and how those sprites like to trick others away from what they were protecting, usually treasure.”

Zenith blinked and looked up at his aunt with determination, “I think we should ask the spirits nicely to bless our garden by sending those sprites. To ward off those who would do this place harm.”

Pandora smiled, “I quite like that idea. And what should we call the sprites who come, should the Great Spirits send them?”

“I think Momma said the sprites were called gnomes. So how about GARDEN GNOMES?

“Garden gnomes it is then, we can leave a blessing under the Mother Tree when we get back to the others if you’d like.”

“Sounds good to me!”

And with their conversation about garden gnomes and blessings coming to an end, Pandora and Zenith began their way back to the Mother Tree and the central herd lands, the colt bouncing in excitement and regaling Pandora more stories his mom told them when they were younglings just freshly born from their baskets. To this, Pandora’s soul felt complete, and she sent a thank you to the Spirits who blessed her with the perfect family.

- FIN -