Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
TM1 - A Snagem Siesta in Paldea [Complete/Free Posting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:24 pm
Sol waited in the library for a decent bit, seeing Blizzard's entourage make up the group that decided to go for the more guided tour. He did see Amaranth come into the library as well, but other than a small wave, she immedately went for the bookshelves to see if there wa ssomething she could find that Snagem didn't have in its own libraries. It was a small group to be sure, but most were surely exploring at their own pace if they were sticking around anyway.

"This kinda works, may be able to make things more specialized... at least it'll be easier to go down any side roads," he said to himself, "Right, shall we?"

He'd head out through the doors of the academy, revealing the afternoon light of the outside world again and the people and students going about their day. A quick walk through and down the stairs would see Sol take to one of many side paths in the city, near a Pokemon Center kept near the academy. He'd stop near a store with several fliers on its windows, advertising various items with a Delibird plastered somewhere on it. And on the store's sign, too: Delibird Presents, with said Delibird between the words and holding out a gift box. The perplexed look on Sol's face suggested the store he stopped at was new to him too. "Don't recall this being here..."

He'd take a second, longer look at the fliers. "New chain? Did they put Chansey Supply out of business?" He asked himself. "Still, seems like a decent place? Looks like they sell a lot of the trainer items they had, various stuff for your Pokemon to hold or use. And another place you could buy Pokeballs from if the Pokemon Centers aren't as convenient."

---

Back in the academy, Cera would find herself at the door to a classroom, looking through the window to see a few students at their respective tables, desks not much of a thing. An over was at the end of each of them- a Home Ec class, maybe? She couldn't really hear the instructor talking, a fairly built man looking like he tried hard to be on the stylish side- too much, she felt. Before she could float away, though, she'd see him suddenly turn towards the door and motion at her to come in. "Uhhhh..."

---

Aden gave a nod to Reno with his response. "Yeah, wasn't about to suggest reality hopping again so soon... even without the ramifications. Sure, I'm game for hitting the city first. If we're kinda stuck here, we've got more than enough time to see what the library has later. Honestly, the city looks big enough that we'll probably find something."  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 5:38 pm
It was a wonder, there weren’t really all that many else that was wanting to go along with Sol for this tour, which was strange. In a foreign region like this, one would have thought to get some native to show you around so you’re not wandering aimlessly. Perhaps they went to go do their own thing. Who knows. All the same, I was silent for the most part when Sol started to guide us around Mezagoza, and so far there was really nothing of note. Nothing ‘tour guide’ worthy, in all honestly. The market square was nice looking, I suppose, and for some odd reason, this place likes its sandwich shops. I guess that explains the menu in the school. To each their own, I guess. Another kiosk of a Pokémon Center, which still baffles the hell out of me, and this place is bigger than that port town we were in the night before. What in the absolute hell is with this region?

We finally stopped for a moment when Sol noticed something out of place for even him. Though, I wasn’t sure as to why…he said himself he hasn’t been here with any longevity for over three decades. Some things had to have changed. It seemed to be a rather dedicated store though…battle items and the like. Now that I recall, there’s not much like that in Jhoto, now that I think about it.

Tristen was looking in the window of the various items on display, realizing something. “Blizz, I just realized, you never really use these things yourself. Why? Don’t tell me its just like how you felt about like on the boat with Mega Evolutions and Z-Crystals and stuff.” Tristen said.

“No, no…I don’t have a problem with those.” I said. “I just never think to use them, honestly. They’re handy in their own right, but eh…” I shrugged at the thought.

“If you don’t have a problem with them, then why haven’t you taught me much about them?” Tristen then asked, a little agitated.

“Because I wanted you to actually learn actual Pokémon battling before you got any wrong ideas about what they do. Some of these things could actually be an outright trap for you if you don’t know what in the hell you’re doing.”

“…a trap?” Tristen then asked, confused.

I walked up to the window, hoping there was something that would prove my point. Sure enough… “That thing. That band right there.” I said.

“What’s that thing?”

“That’s a Choice Band. It increases a Pokémon’s physical assault power by a rather considerable margin.” I said.

“…if that’s true, then why don’t more people use them?”

“Because the first attack a Pokémon uses with that strapped to them, they’re locked into it.” I said. “They are physically incapable of changing attacks.”

“A band…stops them from using anything else.” Tristen said.

“Mmm-hmm. And it gets real bad if say…an opponent catches it and has one of their own use something say Torment. Or Disable. God knows, I caught a few like that back at the gym. They’re left to do nothing more than Struggle. Effectively putting themselves out of a fight. Though that would be best case scenario. Usually, Pokémon would get switched to resist the incoming attack, if not be outright immune to it. Like say switching a Flying Pokémon into a Ground attack.”

Tristen continued to stare at me rather skeptical. “If you don’t believe me, by all means.” I said, moving aside to show him the door, practically daring him to waste his money on it. Tristen, knowing good and well the tone of voice, relents.

“If it did that then, then why use it?” Tristen then asked, genuinely confused.

“Risk versus reward, as its said.” I said, walking off from the window.

“Funny you talk risk versus reward for stuff like that, but you can’t seem to apply that to things like Mega Evolution.” Freth said.

“Don’t start.” I said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 11:00 pm
"...wait, no, there was the one at the center to the city like I remember, maybe I took a wrong turn... ahem, sorry. There's this chain of stores around the region, Chansey Supply. They carried some of these same items as a matter of convenience, but they're more focused on, well, health. Vitamins, herbal medicines, mints to affect a Pokemon's battling capabilities. With a store like this around, I'd wager they've fully committed to that focus," Sol explained, getting his composure back. "Still, I imagine you'd also find these all over the region, easy enough to go in and find something interesting to try out."

"Blizz's remark isn't the most surprising sentiment, though. Around Paldea, you'd see trainers trying all sorts of strategies all the time, a product of the academy's approach to education and the region's culture. So items come up more often when you aren't seeing things like Mega Evolution or Alola's Z-Moves. Usually less thought's put into them elsewhere unless the trainer's seeking a competitive edge or they're new," Sol explained, getting caught up in the minor talks about held items. "That said, I'd hesitate to call things like Choice Bands or their sister Specs and Scarves items traps so much as they're more advanced. An item you use when your strategy calls for it and you understand the limits of using such items. I wouldn't suggest them as a first choice for experimenting with letting your Pokemon hold items beyond berries, plus there's simpler ones that can be just as serviceable and have less downsides." After a bit, he'd realize he went a bit harder on the tangent than he expected out of himself, and made a mental note to come back here another time. "...er. Anyways, I think you've already seen as well, but there's a lot of restaurants and a couple of bakeries around this part of the city too, apart from the Every Which Way we passed by on the way... what else...?"

Sol stopped for a moment, shrugging as he continued to work his way around and to the first set of stairs that the team walked up only a few hours prior. "I'll admit, this city probably doesn't need a guided tour. There isn't anything that's hard to find, but being back here, I'm reminded why I've always viewed Mesagoza a bit more fondly than the other cities like Goldenrod. It's been good to see it again... ah! You might've noticed on our way to the academy, but look here." Stepping back, he'd reveal the stone pathway just before the stairs and the colored parts of it. In the middle of each section was a stylized icon; a flame in the red part, a water drop in the blue and so on. "You'll see this on the huge battlefield in the center too, but they're meant to represent each of the Pokemon types as an extra splash to the city's presentation and art. Here, let's work our way around the other side before we get back to the center. I'm remembering this hole-in-the-wall bookstore, think that's near the Chansey Supply I was thinking about."

---

Back in the academy, Cera was thinking to back off and continue onward until she saw the man start taking matters into his own hands, walking towards the door and opening it. Despite her fears that she'd done something wrong, she'd be greeted with a wave despite the Pokemon with her trying to bury itself into her.

"Hey! You're one of the students we've been told to expect, right? Thought it was weird when we were told one of them was a Mew."

"I- ...yeah, and?"

"And it's good to see you're taking to seeing the school for yourself! Your Smoliv seems less happy about it, though."

"Smoliv? What, them?" Looking down at the Pokemon in her arms, trying to pat them with her tail to calm them down, Cera made a mental note to see if GRAY's updates were done. "They just hatched."

At this response, the teacher before her laughed. "That explains a lot, then! Well, I'm sure you'll end up in my class sometime, so how about we get introductions out of the way? I'm Sagurao, one of the Home Ec teachers. You're welcome to sit in for today, by the way. And you are?"

"...Cera. And I think I'm fine just looking around some more, so I'll just be on my way-"

As she started to just float off, the look that Sagurao gave suggested that she might want to rethink her decision. Like she might be snapped in two for declining the offer, or he was trying too hard to come off as such. "Oh, it's no worry at all, I insist." He gave a smile all the same before quickly dropping it and moving to let her through.

Unsure if she wanted to challenge what'd come if she said no, she looked to the Smoliv- apparently- she was holding on to and sighed. "Er, I-I meant to say I'd be happy to sit in."

"Perfect! Find an empty seat and we can continue."

"Right..." Lamenting her luck, Cera resigned herself to getting an earlier class than most and floated in, the class turning their heads collectively at a Mew of all things just... showing up like that.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff