Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Travels in Hisui - Lake Acuity Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:07 am
Lake Acuity, the home of Mesprit the Emotion Pokemon. Aile, Monique, Wren, Keiko have been ordered to travel here to obtain a gift needed from Mesprit to craft the Red Chain. Once on the island at the center of the lake they would find just a massive rock in the center and nothing else. Was Uxie inside? Without an answer to this question a bright flash of light would go off the moment Aile touched the rock and a cave entrance would appear in front of her, allowing her and everyone else entrance.

Once inside they would find a large open room, far bigger than what should be allowable judging by the outside. On the floor was a pool of water spread out in a purposeful pattern, what kept it like this was anyone's guess. Besides that at the center of the cave, floating in the air was Uxie, head lowered as if asleep. Do they wake it up?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:17 pm
Aile and Tatooine would glide onto the island in the middle of the lake, shivering as they landed. As the trainer suspected by the look of the map, it was indeed freezing here. Aile gave Tatooine a request to help any of the others across as she folded up the map and put both it and the compass away, finally picking up her staff once more. She waited for the others to get onto the island before investigating further, Tati returning to her trainer's side once more. The woman wasn't expecting anything to happen when she touched the rock in the center, so when a cave entrance suddenly appeared, she'd A), try to block the light with her left arm in horrendous failure, and B), nearly drop her staff in shock. This event happening terrified her a slight bit, and it took a moment for her to collect her composure. "O-okay then..." Arceus, I hope that that just reacted to me being from the future or some crap like that, she thought to herself, shaking her head and walking in.

The look inside the cave threw her for a loop, looking at the entrance before returning to the inside. "What the?... Are we sure the TARDIS didn't take a different appearance suddenly?" After the quip, her attention would shift once more, now to the sprite in the center of the room. It certainly appeared asleep, but looks could be deceiving. Tentatively, she'd walk forward and approach Uxie slowly, keeping her staff close to her and in a nearly white knuckled grip. "Uh.... Hello," she'd call out, waiting to see what Uxie would do.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:56 pm
The traveling party traipsed through the snowy reaches of northern Hisui. The Zoroark hybrid was thankful for her fur again, reminded of her jaunt to the Crown Tundra, as her Pokédex kept ringing with information on a cornucopia of Ice-types.

Swinub. Ice/Ground. The Pig Pokémon. Swinub excels at sniffing out mushrooms...

Snorunt. Ice. The Snow Hat Pokémon. It can only survive in cold areas...

No information is available on this Pokémon, but this may be a regional form of—Zorua. An updated version of this database may contain information on—Zorua.

The party at last made it to a chilly lake, nestled high in the mountains. The others could glide, but all Monique had was a tiny Murkrow and a Corphish to ford the gap. She was thus relieved to hitch a ride on Tatooine to the other side.

However, moments later, her relief turned into concern when Aile touched the rock and it glowed brightly, revealing a cave entrance. What the...?

The astonished party walked into the cave. A shallow pool of water was very clearly carved into the floor, for what purpose and in what formation she could not tell. The spartan cave drew all attention to its sole occupant, a foot-tall, floating sprite with a yellow hairpiece and gray body.

Uxie. Psychic. The Knowledge Pokémon. Known as "The Being of Knowledge." It is said that it can wipe out the memory of those who see its eyes.

She looked at it after hearing the Pokédex description, reminded of her own memory loss. And what she didn't know. About her world. About herself. About those she left behind with the Smog.

She stared, letting Aile approach Uxie tenderly and cautiously, remaining back with her gaze fixed on the lake guardian.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:07 pm
Keiko leaned against a wall on the inside of a cave, having Agili-ran all the way there, including a giant leap across this cave's moat, from the Snagem camp via following Tatooine, Aile's adorable Flygon. Once she caught her breath, and was certain the rest of the group were in the cave with her, Keiko looked around and only then saw the mythical Pokemon. Keiko wasn't sure if waking it up was a good idea, but the second she'd thought of that, Aile spoke to it. No point being afraid of the inevitable, Keiko thought to herself. They DID need an item from this thing, anyway. That said, she followed Monique's lead and let Aile take the front and be the face of the party.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:59 pm
Upon arriving at the lake, Wren would dismount from Asphodel, recall him and grab a third Nest Ball off his belt. "Looks like it's your turn to shine, Thistle." He told the Dragalge as he popped the Ball open and it materialized in the water, facing away from him. "I need you to carry me over to that island with the big rock...mountain...cave(?) whatever it is, on it." Thistle looked a little confused by Wren's apparent confusion over where they were going but did as he was instructed, waiting for the man to climb onto his back and then gliding across the lake with little trouble aside from being uncomfortable in these frigid temperatures. "I know it's cold. Sorry, pal." Wren apologized as they arrived, offering some affectionate rubs to the Dragon's head and neck before recalling him. By the time he'd arrived, Aile's lightshow had already finished and he only just caught the rest of the group heading into the cave that had opened up.

Following behind them, he'd find that the temperature jumped up to a much more comfortable range almost the instant he crossed the threshold. Or maybe that was frostbite setting in? He'd have to check for any blackening extremities as soon as they were done here.

He wouldn't have much time to notice the still water that somehow remained liquid in this region of snow and ice, his eyes drawn to the odd little sprite floating in the center of the cave, blue and gold in color, eyes closed and seemingly sleeping. Aile began to approach first and he followed he other s in the group and stood back to let her, prepared to step in and help at any moment if needed, though he was propped up on his now-stolen cane, pulling out his pain pills and taking one again. There weren't many of these left. Hopefully he wouldn't need many more before they found out if this crazy plan of theirs was going to work.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:00 pm
Uxie would not respond to Aile physically, its eyes remaining close and its body remaining motionless besides the slight bob up and down as it floated in the air. Instead a voice would speak to the minds of the collect Snagems, the voice of the Knowledge Pokemon itself.

"Greetings, Team Snagem." It welcomed them, and immediately revealing it had knowledge of them but was it really that surprising? "As you are aware I am the guardian of Lake Acuity, the embodiment of human knowledge, Uxie. I am aware of what you have came for, a fragment of my power to forge the Red Chain, so that you might use it to return to your time and place. I will erase any doubts you may have in your leader's plan by informing you his plan can work, the Red Chain is more than capable of binding all of you to the one called Darts and bridge you back to your home." Uxie informed them.

"The Red Chain possesses the ability to contain and control the Primordial Chaos, the three descended from the Alpha. However, its power to bend these forces to the chain wielder's whims makes it far too dangerous to allow any one person to create it. As such you must prove yourself worthy. The four of you must pass my trial to obtain my fragment, one of my claws. If you fail however I shall erase your memories completely. I would ask you to make your decision now that you know my terms however entering my chamber has already began the trial." The knowledge Pokemon revealed to them, there was absolutely no turning back.

Without another word Uxie's body gave off a cool blue glow, the cave walls around them responding as eyes opened up all over, the eyes soon revealing their black bodies as the Unown awoken and peeled themselves off their rocky surfaces. The alphabetic creatures would begin to spin around Uxie erratically and without purpose. "Watch these Unown carefully, one of them will blink once a predetermined amount of seconds. I will then command it to stop blinking. You are to then touch the one that blinked and only the one that blinked. If you choose the wrong one, even accidentally touch an unintended one, your memories will be erased. Since there are four of you here then you shall have four chances. If any of you lose your memories and one of you touches the correct one I shall restore them, a personal gift to you. Now then, watch closely."

With that said the Unown would spread out and begin to fly around the entire cave erratically, for too spread out and wild to watch all them all at the same time. If anyone saw the blinking one they would note it was Unown P. Roughly a minute later the Uxie would give off a glow and Unown P would stop blinking. "There, now choose which one blinked." Uxie instructed them, the Unown still moving around at a brisk pace and erratic in form.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:19 pm
SubonicXP
Uxie would not respond to Aile physically, its eyes remaining close and its body remaining motionless besides the slight bob up and down as it floated in the air. Instead a voice would speak to the minds of the collect Snagems, the voice of the Knowledge Pokemon itself.

"Greetings, Team Snagem." It welcomed them, and immediately revealing it had knowledge of them but was it really that surprising? "As you are aware I am the guardian of Lake Acuity, the embodiment of human knowledge, Uxie. I am aware of what you have came for, a fragment of my power to forge the Red Chain, so that you might use it to return to your time and place. I will erase any doubts you may have in your leader's plan by informing you his plan can work, the Red Chain is more than capable of binding all of you to the one called Darts and bridge you back to your home." Uxie informed them.

"The Red Chain possesses the ability to contain and control the Primordial Chaos, the three descended from the Alpha. However, its power to bend these forces to the chain wielder's whims makes it far too dangerous to allow any one person to create it. As such you must prove yourself worthy. The four of you must pass my trial to obtain my fragment, one of my claws. If you fail however I shall erase your memories completely. I would ask you to make your decision now that you know my terms however entering my chamber has already began the trial." The knowledge Pokemon revealed to them, there was absolutely no turning back.

Without another word Uxie's body gave off a cool blue glow, the cave walls around them responding as eyes opened up all over, the eyes soon revealing their black bodies as the Unown awoken and peeled themselves off their rocky surfaces. The alphabetic creatures would begin to spin around Uxie erratically and without purpose. "Watch these Unown carefully, one of them will blink once a predetermined amount of seconds. I will then command it to stop blinking. You are to then touch the one that blinked and only the one that blinked. If you choose the wrong one, even accidentally touch an unintended one, your memories will be erased. Since there are four of you here then you shall have four chances. If any of you lose your memories and one of you touches the correct one I shall restore them, a personal gift to you. Now then, watch closely."

With that said the Unown would spread out and begin to fly around the entire cave erratically, for too spread out and wild to watch all them all at the same time. If anyone saw the blinking one they would note it was Unown P. Roughly a minute later the Uxie would give off a glow and Unown P would stop blinking. "There, now choose which one blinked." Uxie instructed them, the Unown still moving around at a brisk pace and erratic in form.

Uxie's words cut through into Monique's skull with all the clarity of the undomed sun. She was relieved to hear at first that their plan would work. But her relief collapsed completely when the Knowledge Pokémon informed them that if they could not pass its trial, they would lose all of their memories.

Her heart sank. She'd gone through this already in a different context. But all of her memories? Aside from Snagem, memories were all she had.

Being a little girl cradled in Mama Sonya's arms. Tagging along with Kasumi and Kaimana. Watching Mama Sachi grow Berries. Those hard nights at the nightclub, making money to support the New Po force. Walking the beat with Harumi and the others.

Her body stiffened up, wrapped in her emotions. She couldn't tell which of these Unown had blinked. It would have to fall to someone else.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:42 pm
Wren listened to Uxie's explanation of it's trial, not that he had much choice to do anything else with it talking into his head the way it was. It's explanation cut deep. He knew of Monique's origin, how she had lost many of her memories once already and the pain it caused her wasn't exactly a secret. The threat of losing them again was already evident on her face. But what of him? And Aile? Memories and the bonds with their Pokemon that those helped build were the core of Channeling from what he remembered. If they lost their memories, would they also lose their Channeling? Or could their partners' one-sided bond somehow maintain it while they tried to form new ones? Too many questions and not enough answers at the moment. Thankfully, these primitive painkillers didn't seem to dull his mind or his focus, so he watched as intently as possible in a different direction from the others for the blinking Unown. There. And again! Once more. And then it stopped. Which one was it, though? In the blur of movement, it was hard to say which shape it had been with certainty. "I think... I think it was that one..." He stated, pointing to one an "R" or "P" form(it was hard to tell which now) without beginning to move yet, keeping his hand close to his body. "I'm not exactly the most mobile person to be trying to touch it, though." It looked like everyone else was too caught up in the fear of losing their memories to act at all, though. Keiko was probably the fastest of those gathered but Monique could mask her location with an illusion so it would be harder to tell if she touched the wrong one but neither was moving. And so far, neither was Aile.

“I’m taking a chance. I think I know which one it was…” He announced, eyes back on the whirling cloud of Unown for a moment to find it again. There it was. The painkiller having kicked in and his heart pumping adrenaline through his veins, he raced forward it at the fastest hobble he could manage and reached out to touch Unown R. P had slipped just out of reach at the last moment and R and slid into it’s place before he could stop his hand’s movement.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:46 pm
Keiko froze up. She had a husband and a daughter to go home to, but the idea of forgetting them scared her to her core, to the point where she could barely think straight. All the people that meant anything to her over the course of her life. She didn't want to lose them. She didn't want to be part of any of this. She started to regret being a part of any of this. If only she'd ignored the intruder call and waited for-

"There's no point in being afraid of the inevitable."

Keiko had no idea where that voice came from, but she recognized it immediately. It was the voice of her first 'boyfriend', the person she only saw as a romantic option due to adolescent naivete and ignorance. But the message that voice was conveying made enough sense to snap her out of her indecisive paralysis. If they couldn't go home, whether she remembered her husband and daughter didn't matter because she'd never see them again. She just had to suck it up and take this thing's test.

Unfortunately, by the time the Lopunny had gotten her crap together, the test had already happened. Keiko missed the blinking she was supposed to watch out for. Keiko panicked internally, and hoped one of the other three Snagems in the room passed the test.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:43 pm
Aile stood still as Uxie first confirmed that Sub’s plan would indeed work, then explained the test the group unwittingly agreed to by virtue of entering the cave. She felt Tatooine grow more anxious during the explanation, sensing the vibrations from the swishing of her tail against the ground growing faster as it went on, but pushed them aside for the moment. Her face remained emotionless as the Unown came out, eyes scanning them before they went spinning and mixing themselves up.

Tatooine would clearly not be the face of calm like her trainer. The dragon was already becoming concerned when she heard the consequences of the trial. What would happen to all of them if they failed, especially Aile? If she lost her memory, would Aile still like her? Would she like any of her Pokémon, or would she even be able to control them? Would they even have a chance to go home? The Flygon’s thoughts kept working her up more and more, her head darting around to try and find the singular blinking Unown.

It was futile for her, though. The spinning and rotation had all gotten to her, and she’d normally relied on the others of her family- Arkana, Kayvaan, and Aile herself to point out the small details to begin with. But there had to be some way to help her. There had to be something she could do! Quickly, she took flight, flitting to each of the Unown to stare at it, tail thrashing about as she turned around everywhere in panic, striking both Monique and Keiko in the Flygon’s single minded focus to try and help, almost certainly knocking each of them into an Unown in the process.

Aile had managed to find the correct Unown relatively early on, waiting patiently until the spinning slowed at least before she would have made her choice. However, Tati’s manic episode made her turn around before she could move a centimeter towards the Unown P. “Tati?” Her bond with Tatooine gave her insight to her emotions, but the channeller was trying to put it aside to keep focus on the target. That might have been a mistake on her part, as the panic she was feeling from Tatooine was starting to become overwhelming once she focused on her earth dragon. “Tati? Tati! Tatooine!” She held out her staff in the way of the Flygon, hoping that she’d notice it and put a hold on her darting around. And while one of those happened, it wasn’t the pause Aile was hoping for. In the panicked and fearful mindset Tati was in, her first instinct wound up being to now charge up an attack, swinging a glowing tail into the staff and smashing it before realizing what it actually was. When the head of the staff flew into the air, she finally paused in her flitting around, the dragon’s, and Aile’s for that matter, gaze transfixed on the bejeweled staff head as it landed on the ground. Aile was in complete shock, considering how well it had held up for her beforehand, as she tended to use it as a club half the time instead of the intended purpose. Tatooine, on the other hand, looked like she was about to be in tears, small, quiet whines starting to emerge from the dragon’s mouth. “Tati, come here please.” Aile would ask, finally turning to the Flygon. Tati would oblige, landing quietly and calmly before getting a hug from her trainer, as tight as a one and a quarter armed woman could give, at least. “It’s okay, Tati. I’m not mad at you. I didn’t bring you out when I lost my arm because at the time, I believed we would be staying in that village longer. And even if I had brought you out, we would have needed to leave sooner than I had. No Pokémon took my arm, it was a freak accident.” She went to try and rub Tatooine’s snout with her left arm out of habit, only to remember that it was said arm that was missing. Aile let out a larger sigh and gave her dragon a sad smile instead. “I’m sorry that you feel like you need to make up for this. And I shouldn’t have tried to use the staff to get your attention, either.” Her gaze went down to the shattered staff one more time, sighing and shaking her head before looking at the flying Unown. There was most certainly a part of her that would have been okay with touching a random Unown and losing all of her memories. She could forget everything that caused her misery when she thought about it. Her betrayal of Snagem, getting captured by them eventually, her exile into the Orre Desert with only the clothes on her back and a Sandygast… She could forget all of that and even more memories that she’d rather stay buried and gone, along with everything else. However… One look back at her emotionally distraught Flygon told her she couldn’t do that. A clean slate memory wipe would probably break Tati at this point, and she couldn’t bear to do that to her, much less let the others lose their memories also.

“That one,” Aile finally said, pointing to Unown P. “You might be able to keep pace with them better than I can right now, and that’s the one we need. Shall we?” Tati looked down at her trainer, practically stunned for a moment before nodding, allowing Aile to get onto her back before hopping back into the air, being a bit more careful this time while now making sure to avoid getting hit by any errant Unown. A bit of trial and error would allow Tati to figure out the speed that the alphabet creatures were going, giving Aile a good shot of grabbing the Unown P, which she would do after a moment, barring any sort of shenanigans it or Uxie might pull. “Come here, you!”  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:41 am
Disaster would strike for three of the four Snagem present. Wren would choose the incorrect Unown, an honest mistake considering how similar P and R were in shape, only a single appendage different between them. Tatooine's panicked thrashing would cause it to bump both Monique and Keiko, the Dark-type hybrid stumbling into an Unown X while Keiko barely tapped an Unown T. Regardless of how they touched the Unown, whether or not it was their fault, the three Snagems would near instantly have their entire memories erased from their minds as Uxie's body gave off a cool blue glow with each touch of the Unown. While from Uxie and Aile's perspective it was an instant loss for the Snagems themselves it would be much different.

Inside their minds time did not apply, reality malleable. For them they would experience with all their senses a certain point of time in their life as Uxie's ability forced their most powerful memories to the forefront. They would experience a day/event in their life, exactly as they had before, no memories of the future of what was happening now. However, slowly would their memories begin to fail them as they slipped away and nothing but darkness remains and the cold damp cave they now stood in.

(For the three of you, except Crystal, write in your post your character experiencing an important or favored day/event in their life. The character should experience it as if they actually reliving that day completely with no other memories than the ones they had at that current point in time. Then show them slowly losing their memories as the day/event plays out. Maybe they begin to forget names, faces become blank, buildings disappear, etc. The idea is to show their memories being erased until nothing is left and they snap out of their trance only to find themselves back here in Uxie's cave with no memories. Use this as an opportunity to show off what is important to your character.)

Aile would successfully grab the Unown P, the little creature struggling in her grip. She would hold it for only a few seconds before Uxie's body gave off a flash of light and all the Unown, including the one she held, disappeared. With the Unown gone and things much more calm Aile would find her three teammates standing motionless, blank stares on their faces. Aile would have a few seconds to consider their state before Uxie spoke. "Their memories have been erased." Uxie answered Aile before she could ask the obvious question.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:35 pm
Aile let out a small sigh of relief when nothing seemed to happen to her, pulling her arm back to support her on Tati's back when the Unown vanished. Her attention shifted over to the other members, noting the blank looks on each of them as the dragon landed. She had gotten the correct Unown, but maybe there wasn't a chance for them to get their memories back yet? She turned to look at Tatooine, who's antennae seemed to droop a bit lower than normal once she saw Monique and Keiko's blank gazes. "Hey, Tati, it's okay. You'll need to apologize once they recover, but don't panic more. You think you can gather up the pieces of the staff and get them in a pile? We might be able to make something work with it still." She rubbed Tati's snout, who nodded slightly before starting to find the pieces of the staff, sweeping them into a pile with her tail scales. With Tatooine sorted for the moment, her attention turned back to Uxie, when they announced that the others had lost their memories. "Okay, when are they going to get them back? Or did I misinterpret the terms of the test, and that only the person that touched the correct Unown got to keep or recover their memories?" Her right hand balled into a fist as she confronted Uxie, taking deep breaths to keep herself from shaking, though she wasn't sure whether it would have been from anger, fear, or something else. "You had said that if anyone lost their memories and someone grabbed the right one, they'd get their memories back. What was your interpretation of that," she asked, staring down the sprite for an answer. No matter how it was going to shake out, she'd fight for everyone else to get their memories back.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:42 pm
~~~

Monique stood poised outside the little stone-and-rubble hut. Inside was the woman they had been after for months: Princess, who'd been a headache for every local business. Theft here, robbery there. Princess and her Delcatty and Bewear had been terrorizing New Po, and they'd spent a lot of time chasing them.

It was her first mission after Gardenia was mauled by Bewear. Here she was, leading the charge. The hut was surrounded by practically everyone on the force. Harumi, Kawena... Wait... Why couldn't she remember all of them?

Monique gave the signal and burst through the front door, Kalama lighting the way. The ramshackle little house was full of furniture, and there in the living room was... She saw Princess, but her face was blank, missing all of its features. She knew the rest of the story: she was wrapped up in shackles, lit only by the light of a... red flame? No, that wasn't...

Taken outside and... In Monique's head, the familiar lattice of the Dome was replaced by a blank, featureless void. Colorless ground, nothing on the horizon. She was...

She was...

She was...

~~~

In an instant, her head snapped back. She was in a dark cave with three other beings. Some floating being was in the middle, and a winged creature was huffing and puffing.

A metallic voice cut through the noise from an earpiece that she was apparently wearing.

Unown. Psychic. The Symbol Pokémon. Its flat, thin body is always stuck on walls. Its shape appears to have some meaning.

The words held little to no meaning to her. She stood motionless, her eyes blank, having lost all knowledge of who and where she was. She had shaggy fur, deep in color, and was wearing a tattered fabric.

She... She... She stood blankly and rigidly, as if ready to be reprogrammed, as if somewhere on the back of her head someone might find a setup button.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:44 pm
Wren almost instantly found himself waking up in his home back in Lentimas town, almost 20 years ago. Opening his eyes and blinking once or twice, he’d yawn and sit up in bed, his limber teenage frame lacking the aches that aging would one day bring. “Today’s the day… I’m going to get that garden growing…” He told himself, climbing out of bed and stretching out, standing at the foot of the bed in his boxers as was normal for him at this point in life. He looked to his desk where a pair of Nest Balls rested. He’d just come home from the ranch and he had brought back a Cacnea and Maractus pair that he’d bonded with there. Those two would be the ones to help him make his dream come true.. He had felt it.

Quickly dressing and heading out, he’d join his parents at the dining table for breakfast. “Morning Ma! Morning Pa!” He greeted the pair of middle-aged desert-dwellers.

“You’re awfully cheerful this morning, Wren.” His father replied with a smile. “You figure something out since last night?” He asked, knowing how much Wren wanted to prove he could grow a garden here in Lentimas.

“I think so. I’m gonna do it! “ Yung Wren replied, shoveling a forkfull of pancakes into his mouth eagerly.

“I’m sure you are, little bird.” Robin, his mother replied with a smile. “But don’t forget your manners in all this excitement. She meant it, truly. If anyone could, she was certain it was her boy, filled with determination as he was.

“Sorry, ma.” Wren replied, wiping his mouth as he finished chewing and swallowed his mouthful of food. “I need to talk to Mr. Anderson, though. He knows more about Reversal Mountain than anyone else in town.”

“What does the mountain have to do with your plan?” Sparrow, Wren’s father, asked as he set down his newspaper.

“Oh, the soot from the mountain should be able to… Um… “He paused for a moment. What was it the soot could do again? It was incredibly important to his plan. “Um… The soot should be able to make a difference in the soil…” He finally concluded. He couldn’t remember exactly what it was supposed to do all of the sudden.That was concerning. He’d been studying the effects of volcanic ash on soil and growing conditions for months. He shouldn’t have forgotten what it’s effect was like that.

“Oh, I see. That sounds like it’s important, then. You go on and hurry. You don’t want to miss him when he leaves for work, do you?” Robin replied, nodding sagely. She knew there was more to it but figured Wren hadn’t quite worked out the details, yet.

“Yeah… Wren quickly finished eating his breakfast and headed out. “Mr. Anderson…” He reminded himself. “That’s who I need to talk to.” He was sure of it. He stepped off the porch and began to walk East when someone greeted him with a wave. “Morning little bird!” An elderly woman greeted him with a small wave. “Morning, Mrs. Sendall!” Wren replied with a small wave of his own. “Where are you off to so early?” The elderly woman asked.

“Oh, I’m off to talk to Mr…” Mr who? He just knew who it was a few minutes ago, didn’t he? He was just talking to his parents about him. “I’m going to get some information for my garden.” He finally decided for his response.

“Oh, I see. Still working on trying to get that garden growing are you? Well good luck, little bird!” Mrs. Sendall responded with a cheerful smile.

Wren nodded and headed East once again, though he hung his head a bit as he walked. “Why do I keep forgetting important stuff?”He asked himself mentally. Something felt off about it. His memory was usually much better than this. Why was it so hot, suddenly? Looking to his wrist, he’d glance at the face of his wristwatch and momentarily freaked out. “It’s already noon!?” He’d only gotten up at 8AM half an hour ago! Where did the other three and half hours go?

“Good afternoon, Wren!” A new voice greeted him as he stood outside Mr. Anderson’s house, though he couldn’t seem to remember that was who lived here. Or why he had come to their house. “Oh, hello…” The young man replied to the 30-something man approaching him. “Did you need something from me?” Mr. Anderson asked slowly coming to a stop in front of the teenage Wren. “Um… I don’t know. I think so but I don’t remember what it was…”Wren replied, wracking his brain as he said it. Who was this again? He felt like he should know. This man was important to him for some reason, wasn’t he? What was it, though?

“Oh… I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t help you if you don’t remember what you needed.” Mr. Anderson replied, sounding concerned.

Wren nodded absently, glancing at the time once again. It was 3:37PM. Hadn’t it just been noon? What had he been doing for the last several hours? His memory failed him utterly as remembering. Turning on his heel, he’d absentmindedly head towards his home. He passed Mrs. Sendall along the way, waving absently as he passed her. A few minutes later, he failed to recognize Kyler Tennant as he passed her, despite her being his childhood best friend. By the time he got to the last street over from his home, he wasn’t recognizing anyone he passed. Every person on the street seemed to be a faceless mannequin to him, unrecognizable from any other. Who were these people?

Finishing his walk on autopilot, Wren entered his home, though he barely recognized it as such. “Welcome home, little bird!” Robin greeted, though when Wren looked up, there was no one there. He’d never had a family. Who did he think was going to greet him? Who even was he to be greeted? He was no one. Walking to his room, he fell into bed and closed his eyes. Maybe tomorrow would bring something back? Closing his eyes, he would blink them back open to find himself standing in a cave, his mind empty of all thoughts on the matter, no memory of how he got here and a blank stare into the cavern, unable to think or feel anything about it with no memories of his situation.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:57 pm
Keiko woke up with a start. She was... back in HQ? She was! She was back in her and her husband's room! Keiko felt elated at being in a location she was familiar with. She did a little dance in place but quickly realized she was still in bed when her leg bumbed into something warm.

"What?" the blonde lying next to her asked as he, too, slowly rose to a sitting position. Keiko didn't recognize him at first, but she quickly realized that this was her husband. She wondered why he seemed so let down, but then she remembered that his Gardevoir got hurt... somehow. She didn't exactly remember the details.

"Sorry, honey," Keiko said quietly. She felt bad for waking him up, but he wasn't making an effort to fall back asleep. He didn't look... well, he looked bummed out. Keiko knew he tended to try to numb himself to avoid dealing with sadness. She had no idea how he did it, it certainly wasn't something she could do.

"If you want to get away from HQ for a while, we could go visit my sisters in Alola I'm sure they'd love to meet Yuna," Keiko offered.

"Sure, her husband replied. As he got up, though, Keiko realized something was off. Wasn't there more to this conversation? Keiko could have sworn she didn't just bring her sisters up out of the blue like that. Well, her husband wasn't against the idea, so Keiko guessed it wasn't that big of a deal.

The next thing Keiko knew, she was standing in her sister's home in Alola. As her sisters chatted with her husband, the Lopunny hybrid wondered why the trip here felt instantaneous. She figured teleportation from a Psychic-type Pokemon, but wasn't the one Terashi used for that... something? What?

Keiko shook her head If she kept trying to remember things that her brain kept forgetting, she wasn't going to enjoy spending time with her sisters. She looked over to them, and felt relieved that she still remembered them. The shy Azumarill hybrid was Hitomi, the oldest. The Diggersby hybrid was Sayori, the second youngest, and the Cinderace hybrid was...? She was the youngest. ...Hanako? Maybe?

Keiko tried to distract herself from her failing memory by watching television, but what was on display there was surreal. The news was on, but the anchor talking... didn't have a face. Or well, didn't have most of a face. His mouth was still there, but it kept... bending. In weird ways, ways a mouth would definitely not normally The things he was saying didn't make a lick of sense, either.

Disturbed, Keiko tried to focus on the conversation her sisters were having, but their faces were blank, too. They didn't even have mouths. What the hell was going on?

Keiko stood up instantaneously, fear starting to sink into her psyche. She looked back at the TV, but nothing was there. Nothing was anywhere. They were all standing straight and still in a blank room. Keiko started hyperventilating. She turned back to the other women in the room, but they were gone. Desperate not to lose everything, she wracked her mind for some memory to hold on to. The baby! Right, she brought her... something with her. But where was it? Where was the baby? Right, the man she came here with was holding it. Keiko turned to him, only to see him lacking facial features as well.

No. No. No no no no no no! Keiko couldn't remember what this blonde man was to her, but somewhere deep down in her ever evaporating mind, she knew he was too important to lose. She grabbed the sides of his head, put her face right next to his, and stared. And blinked. Forcibly blinked. She was hanging on to this memory for dear life, and using her blinking to try to refresh it. That's when something horrible happened. A weird, static-y hole appeared on his face. It was small at first, the size of an eye. Then there was to, one for each eye he was supposed to have. Then they merged and became a bar. With every blink, the hole grew bigger and bigger, and when it covered the entirety of his face...

Keiko's mind broke.

~*~

In Uxie's lair, the Lopunny hybrid among them tensed up for a split second, then relaxed, her mind completely blank. Though a single tear fell from her right eye and slid down her right cheek, there was no other evidence that she felt or thought anything.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff