Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
An Ultra Excursion! - Ultra Space Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:54 pm
If there had been any solace, it was that things in this reality didn't appear to be too different physically. Getting into Mahogany Town, he had no issues recognizing anything. Minus a street he swore he didn't remember the last time he'd been around, or the ever-mounting presence. If anything, that certainly felt even closer, and when he managed his way to the gym, he found himself pausing, then taking a step back like reaching for the door might trigger boss music or something.

It was there.

That's where the pressure, the presence that walloped him, was coming from. The ominous feeling didn't help matters, never mind the realization that was hitting him. "...in there. If... if it's coming from there, I have a feeling the hunter might not be making up what she was talking about. Pretty sure even the time or two I've seen Blizz mad wasn't this intense."

He stood there for a moment, contemplating his options. They could turn back, leave with relatively no ill effects, and settle for the likelihood of the hunter being right and go with it. Or, they could continue on and confirm it. Possibly.

"...stay close? And if he is in there, let's try not to have a fight." Taking a deep breath, he tentatively opened the gym's doors. Maybe trying to find Pandora's Box would've made for a safer feeling adventure.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:15 pm
All during the trek to the Gym, what was going through her head was how she had handled getting information on a reality when she traveled solo compared to what they were doing now. Usually, she'd observe people, maybe head to a local library and look stuff up on a free computer or something, just things that would bring too much more attention to her than what she already would. Also maybe talk to the Professor Burnet of that reality, since her questions probably wouldn't have been so outlandish to her compared to any old John or Jane. Here... they were just full out barging in like a Tauros in a china shop, as the saying went. And it made her very uncomfortable and awkward. How on Earth would they start the conversation, anyways? She didn't look anything like her old self physically, and she had no idea if Aden or Reno existed here, much less joined Snagem. Oh. there were so many variables and possibilities of how events could have played out, and not knowing anything before confronting this Blizzard was setting her on edge, not even including the Pressure even she was starting to feel from the Gym. "Light, let this go well," she'd mutter to herself as the younger hybrid opened the door, waiting to see what awaited them on the other side.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:24 pm
Reno would simply look between the gym and his companions, already knowing how things were going to end up here even if he couldn't pick up what was bugging them out so badly. Shrugging as he kept close behind Aden, he would perk up at the remarks Aden was making almost to himself as he opened the door. "If we gotta start a fight, I'll take the lead. Gotta prove all those one-legged man in a butt kicking contest comments wrong somehow." Reno joked, hoping that this might help cut down the tension a little. Because as it stands, it felt like they were walking into a live minefield with pockets dropping rocks and by god any hair of levity would be welcomed in his mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:51 pm
The trio would find their way in and after going through the halls, the three would find various attendants within the gym. Maintenance crews, referees for the battles, and so on. “Hello, I…” the trio gave the door greeter a bit of pause. Two of which being hybrids that came in, a rare occurrence to them. “I…take it here you’re here for a gym battle?”

------

“…and we’re going to need to set some aside for the Pokémon here in the near future. The courtyard is going to need to have a once over and I think I heard the Dewgong state there’s a leak in the pool. We’re going to need to get that patched up and make arrangements for them to sit aside while its done.” As the trio tried to conduct their investigation at the front of the gym, back in the gym leaders office there was diligent work being done, if Pokémon battles weren’t happening on the field, there were sure to be other things happening to make sure the Mahogany Town Gym run. Bills to be paid, communications to be made and sent, planning, and the like. The counterpart the trio had sought out sat there at the large desk, deep in the work that was before him, accompanied by one of the Pokémon league attendants that every gym has.

“By the way, sir, I think I need to bring up I got word today that you are being summoned for the White City conference this year. The documents came in the mail. I sat them right there on your desk.”

The Articuno hybrid reached over to take the letter and started to give it a once over. “Really? After the kind of stink a good number made last year when Teacher was trying to get me to take over?”

“I taken the liberty to call myself to make sure this wasn’t any sort of mistake, because I…am aware of your…situation with the Pokémon league as a whole. It’s apparently legitimate. They’re apparently discussing about the uptick in Shadow Pokémon sightings post Ein. Trainers are starting more and more to be in possession of them, either willingly or not.”

“Really? Why the hell aren’t they bothering with the Snagems then as opposed to me or screw around with HAZARD if they’re so inclined?” he would growl out.

“They…would prefer to keep it in house…” The hybrid would slowly look up from his paperwork, a glare in agitation from sleep-deprived, depressed eyes would be given to the worker. “That…is what I am to understand, I’m sorry-“

“Stop. Stop…” He would give a hard sigh. “Look, I am not angry at you.” He told him, rubbing his eyes. “Its just the audacity of them as of late…honestly, someone has a serious pair on them to actually to do this. Never mind that I haven’t had a feeling a peace over the past year…”

A knock on the door. “Come in.”

The door opens and another attendant made his way in. “Sir, I believe you have a gym battle…uh…maybe.”

“Maybe?”

“A trio, sir.” The attendant spoke. “Two hybrids, one human…I think...?”

“You think?” He’d ask the attendant, confused as to what was giving this man grief. The Articuno gym leader would glance towards a wall, and although it only looked like he was trying to contemplate leaving the comfortable office chair, the trio out at the battlefield would feel something else. They were essentially being probed. Being read, their energy and all. A chill perhaps running down their spine as if they were being watched. “…higher than the standard fare…though not really by that much…”

“Sir?” the attendant at the door said, not really sure what was being implied.

The gym leader would push himself up from the chair and started to make his way towards the door, only stopping long enough to look back towards his assistant. “Stay close to a phone line to call HAZARD.” The two attendants was looking at their boss in a bit of concern. “If anything happens, call them. I’m not going to take the fall for anything if I can help it.”

Aden, Crystal, and Reno would finally see who they came to see. As the hybrid approached them, they’d notice a whole myriad of things. He wasn’t wearing the usual vest and pants attire, fire proofed and ready for battle as they’d know him for, but instead an overcoat, reminiscent to the gym leader before him has been known to wear, violet in color, and a red scarf to boot, for one. However, instead it was left open with no care, and the scarf was left to drape around his neck from his shoulders. He walked towards them, albeit with a slight slouch instead of upright as they known him to do, hands in his coat pockets. The face was perhaps the most jarring. A few meals was probably skipped, as noted by a more boney structure of his face; weight was lost. More than a few nights of sleep was skipped as well, noted by the tired, agitated eyes. But yet, despite what they were looking at, there was no mistaking what they were feeling. “Can I help you?” he spoke up to the trio.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:53 pm
"I mean, if we need anyone to rush headlong and lose another limb, you would be the first to ask, so..." Luckily, it seemed like Aden could still joke around a little. For whatever slight solace that might be worth. Once they'd went through the door, seeing the attendants and greeter, he noticed the slight pause from the latter's remarks and shrugged.

"Uh, sure...?" In Aden's mind, he thought going along with the assumption would be an easy way to get to Blizz if he was there and find out where he was if not. The presence didn't diminish in its intensity now that the trio was inside, and at this point, he felt like the only difference coming inside would make is physical comfirmation. Much as he wanted to give the word to bail, he needed to see this through. He wouldn't accept anything less now, constantly reminding himself that this wouldn't be the Blizz he knew even if he did see him. He wouldn't be the mentor he knew, the one he traveled with across Johto. These didn't bother him. If anything, he worried more about what this one might be compared to what he wasn't.

The couple of minutes that passed felt like hours, a hint of anxiousness setting in before the feeling that they were being watched, read like open books. And then came the chill, the suit doing nothing to stop it- not equipped for spinal chills, turns out, maybe should've talked to Burnet about psychological protections. It all passed in a matter of seconds, but it was enough to keep Aden more uneasy than he'd been feeling since getting close to the town and finally break the overall silence. "I'm not the only one feeling like I was suddenly frisked, am I-"

The silence would be further broken by the door opening. If this were any other time, in at least one reality, seeing Blizz would be a welcome sight. Here, now, in this reality, it might've been closer to realizing a nightmare. The presence felt its most intense, centralized around the hybrid before him. He was sure of it. Sure, he looked like he saw better days; the slouch, bonier face and apparent sleep deprivation told him that something had happened. Something that both provided a great deal of stress and ensured that no amount of treats- even ones that might have peanuts, caramel or nougat- would fix it. Aden stared for a few more seconds before hearing Blizz speak up, perking up and making sure to keep distance. Anything to keep things amicable. "You're the gym leader, right?"

Perhaps a bold assumption for Aden to be making, at least to the other two potentially, but it was a sound one. He was dressed similarly to Pryce, after all. "We came here to challenge you. If you're, uh, up to it that is." Already, he could tell he hadn't exactly thought things through here, inwardly chastising himself for the unconvincing tone he'd given. It worked well enough for the greeter, but with the earlier feeling of being watched, he doubted such success would come twice.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:33 pm
Reno would keep quiet as they saw the somewhat odd atmosphere that permeated the Gym at even the door. So it didn't take long for Reno to begin jumping around listening to a few of the minds that he could identify as belonging to the gym staff and giving what he figured was likely to be Blizz a wide berth. No need to get his hackles raised any more than a trio of people he potentially knew and who were potentially dead knocking on the front door to ask for a chat. But even this was giving Reno at least some insight into where things might be at in this world. Shadow Pokemon seemed to be much more prevalent from the general anxiety and knowledge it seemed he could identify. HAZARD got the occasional passing thought in the present tense, so it seemed like they were still a factor in this universe.

Reno would cut off the quick browsing of what things he could pick up as a sensation washed over him. They were being observed somehow. And it wasn't crazy to predict that whatever was causing this sensation would be doing more than just staring at them through a camera. And it wouldn't be long after that sensation that Reno watched the door across the way opened up, revealing Blizz in his...interesting state.

But this wasn't going to be Reno's place to step in. Even in their own universe, the pair did not interact too often beyond the occasional run-in. No, out of everyone that was there, Aden was the one who would know Blizz the best and Reno felt comfortable letting him take the lead. Hopefully, Aden would be able to break the ice and let them actually figure something out from all of this.

And then Reno heard the words "challenge you", and had the immediate reaction to reach to where he had put his Pokeballs. They had come to do their best to avoid much fighting and the first words out of Aden's mouth were to move quickly towards that. Well, there was no backing down now. "One at a time, obviously. We're not instigating a three-on-one fight here." Reno added, looking over towards Crystal. Guess it was time to see how things would play out.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:09 pm
Crystal watched the other two go in, then turned around and recalled Demon Wing before entering herself. A black Charizard was conspicuous enough, and if any of her counterparts in other realities were anything to go be, she was going to play it safe here. Especially once she felt like her presence was being probed and scanned. A ripple would run through the backside of her skirt, presumably from a tail that had just been hidden underneath. She, too, would let Aden take the lead, since he was the one out of the three with the closest connection to the Articuno hybrid, at least in another universe. However, the mention of the group challenging him as a gym leader took her off guard, raising an eyebrow at Aden, then Reno as he chimed in. The lioness shook her head with a sigh, then spoke up herself. "Seriously, you two? My time for the gym circuit was way back in the past, I'm just tagging along with you two for support and potentially any advice I can give you now." She shrugged, looking at Blizzard. "Though, I wouldn't mind being able to watch their battles, if possible." She really wasn't interested in battling anymore, despite at least one of her Pokémon's inclinations, but she also wanted to be nearby incase the proverbial crap did hit the fan. And maybe it'd let her take some more recent notes on the past events.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:52 pm
He’d listen to the three, his eyes narrowing. The unconvincing tone, the unpreparedness between the three, where one of which wasn’t even interested even though the other two alluded to all three battling. One of them is seemingly overly nervous. While used to this sort of thing, he would pick up vaguely on the fact that there seemed to be a different agenda with this battle, though he couldn’t possibly imagine why. Worse, usually word gets out about any trainers taking on the circuit. There could be the possibility that they are challenging this gym first, which would be an oddity, though not unheard of. Then again, some of the gym leaders had been giving him a wide berth since he took over the gym and he had to admit that he hasn’t been getting warning about anyone.

The perceived strength of the two hybrids before him was also a point in contention. While stronger than humans, obviously, those living out their lives or maybe taking on a gym tour wouldn’t have the time or the need to actually gain additional power for themselves, more often than not. These two hybrids have been around the block. And one of which he didn’t even recognize the species to. The other confused him: Seemingly stunted Ho-oh wings? Celebi antennae? He had to admit…that is a bit weird. Never the less, while no threat to the gym leader whatsoever, he still recognized that they weren’t the standard fare. They were those that been in a few fights themselves. Illegal underground competitions? Or perhaps…Snagems? HAZARD? He didn’t recognize them…maybe they joined after he left. But why would they bother with him? He’s kept to himself this entire time, trying hard not to make anymore of a scene than what he had a while back ago…was it about that? Too many questions. The human amongst them was also a point in contention, though he wasn’t sure as to why. He could swear he saw him before, but couldn’t place where. Too many circumstantial oddities and no concrete evidence if there was anything going on here…

“Alright, I suppose that is fine.” He’d speak. He’d wave over one of the attendants over. “Let’s just get the short spout of bureaucracy out of the way. Names and where you hail from so we can get you recognized in the Pokémon league as making an attempt in the gym circuit and for that matter is this your first gym in the circuit or have any of you done any other gyms in the Johto region so far?”  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:37 pm
Aden was thankful for Reno going with the apparent idea, but when Crystal bowed out- though, he couldn't really blame her- he feared the slight bluff he found himself in falter. If his earlier tone and nervousness didn't do that already. Perhaps it was a bit of hybrid intuition, if not psychic abilities kicking in for a change, but the narrowing eyes gave him a feeling that he hadn't come out of this without arousing some suspicion. Luckily, it wasn't enough suspicion to compromise things, and as he saw it, win or lose, hopefully the trio might get an in to try and learn a bit more.

Knowing verbally speaking up about any plans were out, he looked to Reno and Crystal for a brief moment before the two would hear a relatively faint voice from the hybrid's attempts at telepathy, both from inexperience and trying to keep the energy usage down for now.

"Reno, Crystal, think there's anything either of you can gleam from the gym attendants? I'd imagine some of them might have some insight or stray thoughts about this Blizz, and trying for the direct route's probably gonna be noticed right away. And I don't know about either of you, but if this one shares the same disdain for psychic users, I'd rather not tip him off by trying to mentally probe him."

"...oh! Sorry," Aden remarked after a moment, hearing the comment about the usual bureaucracy and breaking the telepathy at once. "Name's Ad- er, Hora. From Eterna City over in Sinnoh." Hasty as it was, the more he kept himself detached from Johto or Orre, the better. "And this would be my... last gym. Got the badges if you need proof, too."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:19 pm
Crystal wouldn’t give any acknowledgement that she heard Aden, especially since she was trying to keep her own barriers up. However, hear it the lioness did, and began to reach out barely to other minds, avoiding Blizzard’s at all costs. She’d probably rather take on some of the other Ultra Beasts over him at the moment, if she was honest, and did not want to provoke him. At least, that’s what the rational part of her mind thought. As she was gleaning other bits of information from each of the other people, something about being on call for HAZARD(no had better have brought any Shadow Pokémon, otherwise she’d give them a swift kick in the rear when they got back), something about a tournament in White City, maybe, there was a small corner of her mind whispering to her, how often do you get to let loose? This Blizzard could almost certainly take what you could dish out, don’t you want to see how you’d match up with him as you are? Just one fight… She’d beat back those thoughts with the best of her ability, only half paying attention to the thoughts she was supposed to be gleaning. “Ah, just in case you want to know, for whatever records, you can call me Sundaria, from Melemele Island in Alola,” she introduced herself, giving a slight bow of her head.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:32 pm
Reno would shift his eyes around quickly as Aden took Blizz's attention. He could see there was a decent number of people working in the gym but based off how the greeter reacted to their entrance, they were almost certainly all staff. That was about all he could add on top of his previous psychic spying because there was no way he would be suicidal enough to try probing Blizz's mind in his current state.

"Well, HAZARD still exists here so doubtful things went quite as swimmingly as they did in our universe in regards to Ein. Besides that, nothing too informative. Does seem weird how dead of a gym this is given the amount of staff though."

Sliding into position after Crystal, Reno would take his turn at introductions. "I'm Rome, from out at Goldenrod City. Was just gonna play tour guide for these two but the opportunity to take a crack at Pryce's replacement is just too good to pass up." Reno said, triumphantly extending his left arm to give the hybrid a handshake. And then having stare at the shoulder he had just pointed in a general direction with no arm there to do the rest of the gesture.

After a momentary pause, Reno would simply say, "Right, forgot that." Switching arms, he would extend his right to shake Blizz's hand. He really needed to get better about operating without the arm prosthetic sometimes. It would be handy if he didn't keep leading with the missing arm. Well, at least he could claim it was an attempt at disarming the tension. Okay, maybe he needed to be a little more hands off with the puns after this little spree. Especially since it was fifty fifty on whether the two Psychics beside him heard those dumb puns.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:25 pm
As the three introduced themselves, the attendant started to tap away at a small tablet as he listened to the bunch before him. The gym leader would shake Reno’s hand, listening to the three himself, once again, finding all manner of things weird about this conversation, though his outer bitter demeanor wasn’t going to let it on. In fact, he heard enough…

“Thank you, that’d be all.” He told the attendant. The attendant took his tablet off as if to prepare the gym for battle. But as the gym leader looked back towards the three…things became ever more tense. “Okay…” he addressed the three, and as he done so, ice started to form about his feet, as if he was having trouble keeping his power in check. Aden, who was already having a hard time perhaps being in the Articuno hybrid’s presence because of the sheer pressure of the power would start to feel it spike drastically, to what would have otherwise been known as impossible levels. The chill in the gym became a bit more biting, and it caught the attention of the staff. “…it’s barely been two minutes and I am convinced that you three are not who you say you are. Who are you and why are you here, really?”  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:18 pm
"Er." Aden had all the proof he needed to know he'd messed up here, seeing ice forming around Blizz's feet and feeling he saw right through the lies. He wouldn't have long to contemplate some way to avoid making matters worse when the pressure spiked and practically flung him to the floor, unable to entertain the thought of standing and struggling to keep any semblance of breathing. While he was able to this time, it was labored and shallow, feeling like his lungs would collapse if he tried to do any sort of deeper breath.

Finally, the chill set in and even he couldn't fully ignore it anymore, shivering slightly as he struggled (and failed) to try getting back to his feet. He felt he still had an out, but it was a bit of a last resort and he hoped it wouldn't be their only resort. "I... I get it, I'm a bad liar. Fine," he sputtered, coughing and trying to keep some air in him. "Name's Aden, from Agate. Think this... is why I wasn't really seeing any hybrids around town... and being honest, probably... wouldn't believe any of us if we did explain..."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:21 pm
Well, that had taken a quick turn. And here Reno had been banking on mister disgruntled being too disgruntled to care about the slight gaps in the story. Not that he particularly expected that to be what happened, but he could dream. He was about to step forward when he saw Aden fall to the ground and start sputtering in response to whatever was making Blizz start freezing the ground a bit. Reno did not feel so bad that he couldn't sense whatever pressure the Articuno hybrid was putting off if that's what it was doing to Aden.

Stepping up beside Aden, Reno would put his sole hand on his hip. "Would you prefer Reno from the exact same city? Cause that's all that's changing with the introduction. As for the why.....that might legitimately sound insane. And it would also take forever to explain." Reno told the Ice hybrid, watching him to see what he might try next. If the little freeze turned into anything more, it might be time for fight or flight to take over instead of talking. "Just know we aren't a threat. I'd have brought my prosthetic arm if anything besides talking was the goal. As it is, your little ice show is really chilling out my prosthetic leg."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 pm
Crystal glanced down to Blizz’s talons, noting the ice forming as the group was called out. Yep, grabbing the Tauros by the horns wasn’t the greatest idea when they weren’t trained. Who’d have thought? But, her and Reno at least, weren’t able to time travel backwards, so they’d have to deal with the consequences. She’d let a sigh go and go to step in front of Aden, despite the Pressure this Blizzard was giving out, and if she was bothered by this cold he was giving out, she was doing a sight well in hiding it. Her arms would cross under her shawl, giving the hybrid a stern stare down, despite the Pressure. “I go by Sundaria in areas I don’t consider my home, for various reasons, and have gone by it for centuries at this point in my life. I do consider Melemele Island and Alola a home of mine, a place I will hold dear, and bears precious memories.” Her head would turn from Blizzard over to Aden and Reno, sighing again before returning her gaze to the Gym Leader.

“... How much do you know about some of the eccentricities of the Alola Region? That might be a decent enough place to start to explain.” The lioness’ ears would light flat against her head, disliking this entire situation they were in. Getting called out so soon was not how she would have wanted this to go, but hopefully, offering to explain things might help bring this down a notch. A small notch. Also, despite that little voice in the corner of her head growing louder, she was sure that a fight here wouldn't end the greatest. She wasn't at full strength, and she wasn't too confident on Reno's and Aden's abilities against him either. Not when he was just summoning ice around him based on his mood.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff