User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aita wandered high into the mountains. The break up with her now former mate had left her mind confused, angry, tormented. She shook her head furiously. She was stronger than this. How could she let another weaken her so?  Angrily she dug her hooves into the rock and dirt beneath them, flames crackling and dancing all around her brightly in the darkness of night.

Zakousa did not stray from his path. His mother had sent him on a mission. One he gleefully accepted. Ahhhh there she was. His eyes followed the flames as they raced across the mountainside. His smile twisted into malicious grin. Oh how sweet this would be. He followed as her flames burned  bright Auburn in the distance, making her easy to track.

Finally growing tired, Aita slowed down. She would rest here she decided. The flames grew dim once again, softly crackling around her hooves.  She was hungry, but she would hunt after she had rested and regained strength first.

Zakousa slowed his pace. She had stopped. Now was his chance. He strolled forward into the moonlight before her, letting it bathe and dance on his white pelt. Grinning with a twisted, sadistic smile,  he stopped a shirt distance from her.

"Well well what have we here?"

Aita's head snapped around at the sound of the deep, male voice. Her flames crackled around her menacingly, as she bared teeth at the intruder.

"Who are you and what do you want here?"  She sneered at him viciously.

Zakousa chuckled in amusement at mare before him. Mother was right. She would be perfect.

"How cute. You think you are a threat to me?"  He moved to stand next to a nearby tree,  flexing his claws before digging them.deep into its trunk, leaving it mangled with deep gashes. He turned his head to look upon he once more and simply winked at her, still smiling sadistically. "But I didn't come here to kill you" He yawned in feight boredom.

Aita watched as the stallion mauled the tree's trunk. She quirked a brow, seemingly unimpressed and unphased.
"Then what do you want? Spit it out already or stop wasting my time" she snapped back at him, refusing to take her eyes off of him.

Zakousa walked slowly towards her. "Perhaps I am mistaken, but a strong mare like yourself, shouldn't be crying over ...a lost love? "  He caught the slight tearing up in her eyes before announcing himself  as he had approached. 

Aita snorted angrily. " What would you know" She was growing irritated with him, trying to hide the tears that had welled up. She hated that he was right.

Zakousa began to circle her. " I know that it makes you weaker. You are angry. You let him get to you, get into your head.  I could make that go away." He stopped in front of her, smiling confidently.

"And how would you do that?" She asked suspiciously.

Zakousa pulled a small vial of powder hidden in his pelt.  "This was stolen from the human shaman. It will make you strong, take away what torments your mind" He stepped closer, his muzzle inches from hers now his voice becoming a whisper "Do you want that?"

Aita stepped back slightly as he stepped closer, unsure if he was a threat or genuine. Why was he offering her this? What was in it for him? Many thoughts raced throughout her mind.
"And why would you offer to help me? What do you gain from it? "
There was always a catch. No one helped her for nothing.

Zakousa sighed in boredom once more.  "I gain nothing but the satisfaction of seeing you gain to your true form, strong and glorious " he turned away from her, turning his back. He began to walk slowly, while calling behind him " but if you don't want ot, suit yourself". He waited for it.....

Aita's thoughts began to race more. What if it worked? She would be strong again.
"Wait.....I....I will take it"
She moved forward slightly, hesitating a moment.

Zakousa turned to face her once more.
"Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Yes. I'm sure."

Zakousa grinned and placed the vial in front of her on the ground, pulling the cork out with his teeth.
"Then  take it and be strong once more"

Aita took the vial with her muzzle, and closed her eyes and she let the powder slide into her mouth and down her throat.

Zakousa grinned menacingly and disappeared into the darkness, a sinister laugh echoing from the shadows.

Aita paused as she heard the sinister laughter. But the stallion was gone and nowhere to be seen. Strange. But she goes he was right and this worked. It was then her stomach rumbled. Ah yes. She was hungry.   Time to hunt for a good meal.

Aita stalked silently through the forest, her stomach growling louder now.  It was then she heard the sound of a Wolfpack closely. Heading in the direction of their barks and yips as they feasted on recent prey.

A black wolf stood alone from the pack, watching on as they ate. It seemed she had already had her fill. Aita slowly circled in the forest shadows, behind the wolf, approaching quietly. She licked her lips. 

Fangs bared, as she grew close enough to finally pounce.  The self shrieked in surprise and pain as she sunk her teeth into the back of its neck. Furiously it fought back with gnashing teeth, but they could not find their target. The commotion scared off the pack, leaving the black wolf alone to defend itself. Aita quickly snapped the wolf's neck.and dug into its flesh, feasting hungrily..perhaps hungrier than she had ever felt before.

As she feasted on the carcass, blood dripped and oozed down her muzzle.to her neck and chest, splattering on her front legs and hooves. She was a bloody sight to behold.

It was then she suddenly found herself shroud in a dark cloud. What was this? What was happening? The process was painful and she passed out.

She awoke a while later. What had happened? Was that was the stallion was talking about? Getting to her feet, she found the wolf's body was gone.  It was then she realized something was different.  She had....a bushy tail? And it seemed she had fur..wait.....no...had she become ....cursed? Confused she began to run blindly through the forest....