Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
An Ultra Invader! VS Stakataka! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:18 pm
I was about to give Reese the order to pull the hybrid out of Stakataka's back, but the corrupted water got to him before I could get a syllable out. I didn't try saying anything after he emerged from it. I could sense the corrupted energy his body was putting out. He was too far gone. I could only recall him with a sigh of disappointment, though I didn't blame him for it. I didn't even see where that Shadow Torrent came from.

I was about to pull out another Pokemon to help with rescuing the unconscious hybrid when I heard Sub's voice. I didn't know what he was trying to pull, but my instincts were telling me that nothing good would come of it. "Drop me, Sparrow," I demanded as I pulled my hoverboard from my bag. Sparrow didn't listen and flew to the ground, but since she wasn't anywhere near Reese earlier, I forgave her and assumed she disobeyed me for my own safety. Granted, I had a plan on how to land without hurting myself, but we didn't have time to argue. With my feet on the ground, I put my hoverboard away, only to feel the ground shifting beneath my feet as I was about to grab Sparrow's ball. Almost immediately after I realized that, a hole popped open in the ground next to me, revealing Simon, who I was very glad hadn't actually fainted. With a tinge of relief, I took an empty ball in each hand and recalled him both.

With my Pokemon out of harm's way, I found something to hold onto and fastened myself to it as tightly as I could handle, not trusting my own flesh under the weight of a black hole of all things.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:31 am
SubonicXP

"No, no no no no no no!"

The most Sub- or anyone else for that matter- would get out of Cera was a concise, terrified response as even more realizations set in the moment she began detecting the foul energy of the Shadow Virus flaring up in several Pokemon. Unlike Starmie, these ones were more readily apparent and easily seen, but all that did was make her freakout worsen as her critical mistake was there for all to see. Trembling and desperate to salvage something, anything from this mess she put everyone in, she tried to call out to Starmie. Though, now that she was noticing its energy, it had already developed the telltale fluctuations of Hyper Mode...

"Starmie, please! Stop the attack! You've done enough!"

Not only would her words utterly fail to reach Starmie, it'd respond with a sudden release of psychic force to dunk her into the water and add a physical element to its efforts by means of Shadow Break. Its murderous desires towards the Mew after her and Darts' efforts in the Game Corner were stronger than ever before, and it took a moment for Cera to get her bearings and fight enough to get her head above water again. Despite natural immunity to the virus, even she felt a little off being in it.

MoniqueBrie

Coughing, she heard Monique's scream for help and noticed her predicament, then glaring at Starmie before resigning herself to a sad gaze. She knew there was no recalling Starmie in that state without knocking it out, but maybe she could manage one good thing in the process. "...fine. Starmie, everyone, I'm sorry." Starmie would find itself abruptly lifted into the air from Cera's own Psychic and flung at Stakataka's arm, trying to get somewhere safe in the meantime and hopefully avoid being pulled into the black hole that had formed.

Provided that or something managed to free Monique from Stakataka's grip, she'd proceed to yank both of them away and towards her; the Mew would make sure Monique would have a safe landing of sorts in such a case, but Starmie wouldn't be allowed such a reprieve and got flung into the wall behind her with as much force as she could muster.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

DignityPower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:22 am
"BlackCrystal!" Veronica called out to her Flygon to get up into the air. She wasn't going to let Monique go. As they flew closer to Monique, Veronica had no idea how she was going to manage this. The black hole was getting more intense by the second. They got as close as they could hover, "Use Superpower!" The flygon would focus on the grip holding onto Monique and try to get the beast to budge. Veronica tried to extend her arm out to Monique to pull her out.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:26 pm
Clare only barely managed to avoid being snatched up by Stakataka, recalling Eidolon as it began to thrash around, sparking violently as the Shadow Virus wormed it's way into the still-young Pokemon's body. "This can't be good..." They stated worriedly, considering other options for a moment before Sub's attack began. When Poe's Black Hole Eclipse began to form, the glassy hybrid's body was drawn toward it rather quickly but after a moment, in their panicked scrambling to escape the black hole's pull, their body flashed and they lurched forward, leaving a mirror image of themself behind to be drawn into the singularity. "What the heck!?" Still scrambling for a solid grip, it would happen again, a large forward lurch and another mirror image left to be swallowed up. Somehow, they were using Double Team without being aware of it. Perhaps their body was remembering something their mind couldn't yet? After a moment, they'd have enough time to figure something out. "Visage, use Quick Attack!" Releasing the Dreepy and grabbing onto it as it appeared, the Ghost/Dragon-type was able to pull them to the far wall, where they managed to stabilize themself against a Stalagmite jutting up from the cavern floor.

"Now go help Monique!" They ordered, carefully watching what was going on. "Use Quick Attack again and see if you can get her to safety!"

Visage nodded and dashed toward Stakataka, a white trail of energy blazing behind it. It would slam into the "leg" the Ultra Beast had Monique held with and the moment it exposed any eyes, the Dreepy's own eyes would flash with alternating yellow and white lights before releasing a blinding Confuse Ray. Hopefully that would allow her to wrap her tiny claws around Monique wrist and pull her to freedom.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:27 pm
Blackcrystal would strike the 'arm' that held Monique with fierce might, the powerful Superpower delivering tremendous super effective damage upon the Ultra Beast, knocking several bricks off of it, the loose bricks sucked up in the black hole, and most importantly causing it to lose its grip on Monique. With its grip loosened Veronica was able to pull Monique out to freedom and onto the Flygon's back.

However Stakataka was not going to let its prize get away that easily, in spite of the heavy hit it just took. As Monique got on Flygon's back the otherworldly invader would attempt to grab at the three of them with its now mangled appendage, only for help to arrive just second from them being snatched up. Visage would slam into the Ultra Beast with Quick Attack and while it did almost nothing for damage the Pokemon was now up close and personal delivered a blinding Confuse Ray directly into its many eyes, most importantly the central one. Thanks to the Dreepy the Stakataka recoiled from the flash giving Blackcrystal enough time to get away.

Now briefly blinded the enraged beast would wildly flail its remaining appendage around to try and catch the retreating trio of Veronica, Monique, and Blackcrystal, actually almost hitting them, after already striking Dreepy, were it not for Cera who had sent her Shadow Starmie flying at the weakened appendage and slicing right through it, half of it cut off and sent flying into the black hole along with Shadow Starmie as the black hole's force continued to intensify. It was in that same moment, as if to guarantee Stakataka didn't get another attempt at them that Cera yanked Blackcrystal towards her with Psychic, Veronica and Monique on its back.

The black hole would grow stronger and stronger, now fueled by the Shadow virus coursing through Poe, the Sableye screaming in pain as a Shadow aura flared up around it. Ulalume held onto her trainer with all her might but was starting to find herself losing to the force of the black hole, any longer and both the Malamar and Sub would be sent into it. The Dark One would note that the Black Hole Eclipse should have ended by now, not be getting stronger, no doubt due to the Shadow virus. Later he might discover the virus was causing Poe to put his very life energy into his attack, the Z-Move substituting the energy from their trainer-Pokemon bond with the user's very life force.

Realizing he had to stop Poe himself he did the only thing he could think of that would immediately knock out the Sableye, though it was a painful decision as it would guarantee another of his Pokemon would become Shadow, a kind creature that certainly did not deserve this. "Misty Explosion!" He cried out as he tossed another Pokeball out releasing Bohdan the Galarian Weezing. Immediately upon release Bohdan would be pulled towards the black hole and Poe but at the same time began to give off a bright pink glow. Just seconds away from getting sucked up by the black hole, and now right in front of Poe, the Weezing would explode in a violent display of pink light, not only sending Poe flying but Sub and Ulalume as well as they were caught in the blast. Along with them the many bricks of the Stakataka that were pulled into the hole were sent flying across the chamber.

Sub would hit the ground with Ulalume holding him still, the Malamar used her last seconds of consciousness to make sure when they fell Sub wouldn't land directly on the ground, her body cushioning the impact. Once it was all over Ulalume and Sub were knocked out cold, Poe as well, the black hole gone, and Stakataka's many bricks lifeless as they laid around the chamber.

Speaking of the Ultra Beast was not done yet either. Now completely limbless the immobile tower, reduced greatly in size due to the loss of its bricks, let out an angry roar that vibrated through out the chamber, its cry shaking the Snagems to their core. The crack in space-time that had formed when it snatched up Monique was now longer and wider and was producing a force of its own like the black hole earlier, though the Snagems wouldn't feel it too much due to their distance, only noting the suction going on as a few bricks were pulled off the main body of the Ultra Beast, not doubt ones that had just taken too much damage.

Now drawing in an enormous amount energy into a forming ball in front of its central eye as it prepared to fire off a Hyper Beam, intending to annihilate the Snagems. The more it charged up the bigger the crack became, more of its bricks being pulled into it but not fast enough as the ball of energy got bigger and bigger and before long it would let loose its tremendous might and put an end to the Durants that bothered it. The Snagems would have time to do whatever they could, inflict damage, stall it, whatever, but eventually the Stakataka would fire off its Hyper Beam before it was fully sucked into the Ultra Wormhole behind it and unless one of the Snagems could work a miracle they would all be doomed, the Stakataka giving them a farewell gift.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:11 pm
Seeing this might be the end, Deo was getting worked up with emotions, of his pokemon being corrupted, of seeing a monster of a pokemon, of the fear of death. His emotions bottled to the point where he felt like he could explode. He then shouts "STOP!" as what seems to be a thunder wave shoot from his body to the Stakataka and hits it where it was charging the hyper beam. Only then the wound up Deo would then kneel, out of breath, and with no motivation to continue.  

DeoLux

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:23 pm
Monique struggled and wriggled in the beast's rocky grip until the black hole finally loosened it enough for Monique to jump on the flying Pokémon sent up to carry her down.

Flygon. Ground/Dragon. The Mystic Pokémon. This Pokémon hides in the heart of sandstorms...

The automated voice was soothing as Blackcrystal was then pulled toward Cera by her Psychic, though Monique couldn't sense much of the move, being a Dark-type.

Moments later, the tower—stripped of most of its bricks—emitted another ear-piercing yell, Monique quickly bringing her hands to her ears to try to cover it. The crack in spacetime seemed to be trying to suck it up, but it was quickly charging a massive ball of energy that, if it connected, would knock them out cold.

She didn't know what she could do. She was not going to risk another Shadow Pokémon issue. She looked around, fretful and a bit panicked.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:34 pm
Clare began to feel overwhelmed as everything unfolded. Syakataka’s “arm” cut, broken and sucked up. Poe Shadowfied and blown up. Monique freed, barely. Recalling Visage to her ball and watching with mounting panic as Stakataka began to charge up it’s Hyper Beam.

As everything transpired and the imminent doom drew closer, something inside the hybrid took over. “I need help! If anyone has a Pokémon that knows Helping Hand, use it on me! As many as possible! Otherwise just break it’s focus!” They exclaimed, running forward to stand between the other Snagem and the immobile tower, feeling the gentle pull of the Ultra Wormhole drawing Stakataka in, one brick at a time. As it’s Hyper Beam reached the zenith of it’s charge and prepared to release, Clare’s body sparkled like a diamond and a faceted, gem-like sheen overcame their body, expanding outward into a large sheet of energy that, after a moment, pulled taught into a glass-like wall. The Mirror Coat would catch the special attack, bending inward slightly as the energy was captured before it snapped back to it’s taught state and sent the attack flying back at Stakataka even more powerful. With any luck, the increased power would send the Ultra Beast soaring back from whence it came, though the energy it took to pull that off would leave Clare unconscious and in need of assistance to get back to HQ when this was over.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

DignityPower

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:13 pm
For a few moments it felt as though Veronica, Monique and BlackCrystal were being pin-ponged around until finally being brought to Cera. Once closer to the ground, Veronica jumped off and took a notice at the new situation. "OKAY!" She looked at how everyone was spread out and didn't want to wait on them to make a move. She sent out her Swampert on the left and signaled for her Flygon to take the right side. "Let's bring everyone closer, to Clare!" She shouted over the chaos. Pisces would conjure up a river of water to Surf the Snagems closer. Meanwhile, BlackCrystal would place Monique down, and grab a pieze of rock to Bulldoze through the other side to push the Snagems closer as well. Veronica wasn't one to care about the logistics as long as it got done.
Taking a deep breath, Veronica then sent out her sparkling blue Umbreon... that didn't get its moment to shine due to all the s**t that was going down and soon even found itself under the Infernape's shadow. "Vanta, Chi, give Clare a Helping Hand." Veronica ordered as she cleared the sweat from her forehead and eyebrows. She wanted to be there to help Clare when it was over but she had to focus on the present. Which is why she took a defensive stance to help her keep her balance as she prepared to pull up a Protect shield of her own to help them stay alive through the thing's annihilating attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:33 pm
After BlackCrystal set her down, Monique caught her breath, watching Clare work. She realized that she didn't have any Pokémon that were good at helping others...just at doing their own attacks.

Monique hadn't really been part of a team. A few girls were under her on the New Po police force, but her posse tended to work as individual units. This was Team Snagem. If she got out of this, she was going to have to do some research on Pokémon that were good at supporting others...like Clare and BlackCrystal had done for her.  

MoniqueBrie

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:51 am
Panting from the effort, Cera gave a long sigh and recalled the now knocked out Starmie, hoping to keep that nightmare at bay for now. But the current nightmare and issues were still very much in progress and there wasn't much in the way of running to actually do on such short notice. Let alone trying to turn Starmie into a living shuriken, though even she had to admit that pulling that off was pretty neat...

She'd soon see Sub and Ulalume on the ground following his last ditch effort, feeling yet another flare up of the shadow virus claim another victim and continuing to wish her perception had been better. Stakataka's cry shook her out of any further lamentations, seeing the attack it was beginning to form. In that moment, she couldn't help being reminded of the situation she came in on when the others were fighting XD002- if there was ever a time to repeat the feat she managed then, it'd be now. Rushing forth, she moved to get in front of as many of the others as she could, feeling a need to mitigate friendly fire.

"I think you've done enough. Get out!" The Mew would try to do a few quick, albeit weird movements, trying to get something out of the Z-Ring around her neck or the Mewnium Z that was attached to it as psychic energy swelled around her.

...but nothing came.

"...come on, this isn't the time! Work!"

She'd try again as existential panic began to course through her mind, staring down the Hyper Beam that would surely blast everyone in the room before looking down at the ring and crystal again. There still wouldn't be any reaction from either. Maybe it was to be expected; the last time she tried such a feat, she had help from the others snapping her out of her doubts and Zygarde giving a push of their own. But it couldn't have been the only reason she was able to back then... could it?

Trying to think of some other solution now that Plan A seemed to be well and truly out of the running, the only alternate that came to mind was to try and Transform into that thing or maybe the Minotaur. But both of those were incredibly foreign to her at best; even in her increasing panic, she doubted she'd have enough time for that now, even if she was able to get the transformation right. As it was, the most she could do was move behind Clare's Mirror Coat and hope it was enough to keep everyone from being totally annihilated.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:02 am
"I think I know what we have to do," I muttered.

Thankfully, Poe's black hole was tucked away, though it was unfortunate that he got infected, the fact that the Z-move shut off meant that I could act. I didn't have much time due to the outlandish Pokemon's last-ditch effort of a Hyper Beam, but fortunately, I had a Pokemon that could summon a black hole, that didn't need a Shining Stone and Z-Crystal combo to do it, and that had already been infected once and was for all intents and purposes immune to it.

Rala let herself out of her ball as I unbound myself. "Don't try to channel through me," Rala warned. I thought she'd need help pulling it off, but I should have known that her Trainer being in danger was all the help she needed. She was right to warn me, though. Given what she was about to try to do, any attempt on my end to carry even part of the weight would likely irreversibly break my brain.

I gave the Minotaur one last look. "We've got to get him out of there before he gets sucked into wherever that thing is going," I warned, but Brunor was out before I could give Rala the order, and was using Psycho Cut to loosen the bricks holding Minotaur in place while Rala levitated in front of and charged as much Psychic-type energy as she could muster. "I won't let you hurt anyone here," she announced before focusing entirely on the black hole slowly opening up in front of her. Now that she got it open, she focused as hard as she could on controlling it - specifically, not letting it get out of control. She just needed it to suck up the Hyper Beam, not everything in the room.

While Rala focused on that, Brunor endeavored to get the Minotaur out of Stakataka and not let it or himself get sucked into Rala's Black Hole.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:33 pm
Deo’s surprise Thunder Wave would strike the Stakataka and for but ten seconds its charging stopped and in that same amount of time some of the gathered energy started to dissipate, however the paralysis would not last long, the otherworldly invader shaking it off and proceeding to resuming charge, quickly regaining what amass energy the growing orb that lost in those teb seconds.

Those ten seconds bought the Snagem precious time as they all quickly scurried into position. Twenty seconds after Stakataka resumed charging (for a total of thirty seconds after Deo’s Thunder Wave) the Hyper Beam would be fired off, Clare standing directly in its path with purpose. However, Rala did the unthinkable and put herself in the Hyper Beam’s path, expending all her psychic power to form a small black hole. While the idea was noble the Gardevoir would quickly realize the folly of her selfless efforts, and far too late.

The Hyper Beam would, but for a few seconds, start to get sucked into the small black hole but quickly it would become apparent that the Ultra Beast possessed far too much energy for Rala’s spacetime distortion as the beam eventually overpowered the black hole, disrupting it entirely, and blasted through through Rala, consuming her in its path towards Clare.

Brunor would also be working to free the unconscious Minotaur, and with enough time likely would have freed it as he removed brick after brick, however was not on their time, never was in this fight, the slumbering hybrid still trapped inside when tragedy struck.

Empowered by the Helping Hands and subconsciously drawing from the Ultra Wormhole, Clare’s body would give off a brief shimmer of pink energy when the Hyper Beam was just inches away from her. The hybrid would feel the impact of the beam, there was absolutely no stopping such a force completely, however another second after impact the beam would turn and pull away from her, bending around back towards Stakataka at twice its strength, much larger than it was even before Rala’s black hole dwindled it. In spite of redirecting and the empowerment she received Clare, and her natural resistance to Normal moves, would be sent flying backwards from the concussive force, straight into Cera though the Mew would perhaps have time to telekinetically slow their ‘flight’ or stop it all together.,

The tremendous beam would slam right back into Stakataka, rocking the beast with fierce might. While it possessed an even greater resistance to Normal energy, greater than Clare, it still devastated the weakened and crippled Ultra Beast, the immobile ‘living tower' sent sliding backwards towards the Ultra Wormhole. In that same moment of sliding back the wormhole’s grip would begin to pull bricks off of Stakataka at a much quicker pace, so quick that it could do nothing to resist it and now not only was it in danger of being pulled through Ultra Space so was Brunor and the Minotaur. Brunor had to make the decision to leave the Minotaur to be taken through or risk himself getting snatched, though his own escape was dubious either way, no time to debate his options.

Any residual energy from the beam or debris caused from the impact would bounce off the Protect Veronica would conjure up, protecting herself and the others behind her, which would also include Cera and Clare once their 'flight' had ended.

Within seconds the last brick of Stakataka would be sucked into the wormhole and with the last one the space-time distortion would collapse on itself and disappear, leaving no trace of it having ever existed. With the wormhole closed, silence would fall upon the chamber, the chaos having ended and left behind numerous victims.

Several new Shadow Pokemon were created in the fight. Sub, Ulalume, Bohdan, and Poe were still knocked out cold. Monique was likely fine physically, maybe sore, but certainly shaken mentally. Clare would no doubt be knocked out and hurting something fierce for some time after that feat. And perhaps the worst off would be Rala, only Terashi realizing the tragedy at first; he could not feel his channeling bond with her anymore. This wasn’t just a normal fainting, something else was wrong as the unconscious (but still living) Gardevoir laid on the ground.

Perhaps due to the three spacetime distortions going off consecutively GRAY would finally pick up their presence in the labyrinth on his radar and Claydol would appear to teleport them all back to HQ once they were ready, their only way out of this place. Someone would need to recall Sub’s Pokemon for him and drag him to Claydol, Clare as well.

They had won but at a heavy cost.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:48 pm
Rala's lack of presence in my mind weighed down on me immediately, like a great deal of pressure was being applied to my soul. I wasn't sure exactly what the details were or how bad it was, so I did my best to retain my composure. As I recalled Rala, Brunor returned to my side with his head hung low. "You did your best," I tried to reassure him but it was quickly apparent that his failure to save the Minotaur wasn't bothering him. He was worried about Rala, too.

Realizing that only made the pressure I felt worse, so I just recalled him silently and walked up to Sub. I recalled his Pokemon one by one before picking his body up and walking over to Claire. Once the three of us were in the same area, I called Claydol over to us.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:10 pm
Able to thankfully think fast in the situation, Cera was quick to catch on to Clare being flung back from the force of the reflected Hyper Beam, barely managing to slow them down in time to mitigate the oncoming impact. Even so, they moved at an alarming pace before slowing to a stop, well within the Protect bubble Veronica had conjured as another layer of defense. Despite her efforts, it wasn't enough to stop Clare from being knocked out on account of everything that transpired in a matter of seconds. But... for a brief moment, there was the slightest hint of relief that the nightmare had come to an end.

Sort of.

There was still the aftermath of it all; two people and several Pokemon knocked out, several other Pokemon shadowfied, and feeling an alarmingly light amount of energy from Rala. If it wasn't for her earlier mistake, maybe... no, the situation might've very well been similar apart from the superspreader event. She was scared when she saw Claydol appear, fearing that it too would be another to be infected.

"Claydol, no! Stay aw-"

Her protest would be cut short, the Mew teleported away and back to her room in the HQ.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff