Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Shadows in the Night (Nyx + Myling)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.One would think that living alone for so long would steel the heart against frippery and nonsense. Loneliness was one of those nonsensical things that continued to plague her, even though she imposed it on herself. Nyx was always careful to keep far away from strangers, aware that her mixed blood was a cause of contention among many. Even if some would be inclined to take a chance on her even with the kalona blood in her veins, there was one thing that Nyx could not change about herself--no matter how hard she'd tried over the years. She, like her father, needed blood to live. Her mother, traumatized from her own up-bringing, had been unable to accept her child's carnivorous appetite.

Though the memory of the rejection still pained her, it felt incredibly distant now. She understood the suspicion and wariness. There were times where she didn't completely understand herself. The angeni part of her certainly hadn't stopped her from needing to feed, and there were times where she still resented it.

Monster she may be, but she tried to keep the damage she did to a minimum.

The night was a little cold as she stared at the river, her dark eyes unblinking as the water rushed past. The moon made her white coat gleam which was hardly helpful when she did her best to be unobtrusive and unnoticed. Without warning, her neck snaking forth so she could strike at the water with unexpected force. Seconds later, she was spluttering and snorting, trying to shake the cold away. Her skill with fishing wasn't improving any, she noted grimly. With an irritated rustle of her wings, she settled down again to wait. As much as she'd like to give up on the whole thing, a dinner of fish was preferable to going hungry... or feeding on something a bit more--sentient.

'raze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:24 am
User Image
Myling had always been observant. She had always been a shadow. Compared to the vibrant and louder personalities of her siblings, she blended into the background easily. She had always known acceptance amongst her siblings albeit it being at an arm's length due to her own choosing. She liked knowing what was happening at all anges vs being swept up in whatever emotional drama Yurei was stirring up.

Very rarely Myling felt inclined to make herself known, but watching the pale mare try to fish stirred something in the dark mare. She was a pitiful hunter herself, taking very much after her father who despite his Kalona looks was very much a vegetarian. In fact, Myling wasn't sure if any of her siblings partook. The thought rolled around in her head as she watched the pale mare settle back, waiting to strike again. Despite look angelic the tail was a giveaway that she was, to some degree, carniverous.

Myling stepped slowly from the dark, silver eyes not leaving the mare as she approached the river. Her brows furrowed as she internally chided herself for stepping out of the shadows. 'Stay back.' Her inner voice snapped, yet her hooves silently stepped forward. There was something that made her want to help, despite her skill being lacking. She turned her gaze to the river, looking for signs of movement. She had never tried fishing before. It looked much harder than catching field mice, something that she had attempted before as a filly to some degree of success, but always letting them go. Quiet confusion fell across Myling's face as she watched the water.

"When do you know when to strike?" She asked quietly, knowing her voice would carry in the still night air.

`raze

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 am
So intent on her poor attempts at landing a meal, Nyx completely disregarded the most important rule of them all: stay aware of your surroundings. The sudden voice floating from the darkness made her leap like a fool, her forelegs plunging into the water as her heart threatened to burst from her chest. She spun, and it was quickly apparent why she hadn't noticed someone approaching. Though there were strands of white within her mane, the stranger was almost as dark as the night herself save for the crimson coloring her coat. Chagrined and highly embarrassed, she carefully stepped back onto the bank. "Forgive me," She began, "I didn't mean to make a scene," But she had, and all she could do was try to save face.

She hastily cast her mind back to the words that had been spoken and tried not to blanch when she realized that her poor attempts at fishing, if it could be called such, had been seen. "I don't. Not well." Nyx confessed. "Sometimes it helps if I can see them, but I believe the shadow I cast gives me away." At least, that was all she could assume. She tried to remain quiet in case the fish had better hearing than she realized, but she honestly didn't know what senses they relied on.

Nyx knew her next question was awkward, and did her best to phrase it as tactfully as she could. "Do you... hunt?" She certainly knew not to judge by appearances, but there was no denying that the mare's leathery wings were as indicative of Kalona heritage as her own spade-tipped tail was.

'raze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:22 am
Myling smiled softly, knowing it impolite to laugh at the scene the mare made. She figured she should have felt guilty to a degree for the reaction, but the feeling was fleeting. She often surprised others from her place in the dark and it was surprising how often others were not aware of their surroundings. She approached the river's edge, dipping her head slightly in acknowledgement. She didn't want to encroach on the mare's dinner plans, but it looked like she needed help, and Myling couldn't explain the desire to help the ivory mare. Perhaps it was the loneliness setting in of her siblings all beginning to move apart from one another, and despite not being a social butterfly Myling did enjoy being around others.

She regarded the question quietly for a moment, dragging her gaze across the water's surface for any shadows. "I do not," she stated softly, her focus now solely on the water, "But if I had to I could figure it out. Probably. Hopefully." A movement under the water caught her eye, and she brought a hoof down into the water as quick as she could. The force drove a fish above the water's surface, but as quickly as it surfaced it slipped right back under the surface. She pursed her lips in thought. There was movement around where she had slammed her hoof down as other nearby fish were scared off.

"Hm, well, that wasn't successful." She smiled shyly at the mare. "But, a thought. Maybe if we tag team it we can get you something to eat? I'll scare them up if you can catch them? If you are open to the assistance from an amateur like myself."

Myling's stride was quiet as she slowly approached a new spot on the river's edge by Nyx, searching for signs of life under the water. "This amateur's name is Myling, by the way."

`raze

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff