Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] First Introductions (Sioryl x Va'len & Valurinnth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:05 pm
While Va'len had spent most of his afternoon with Z'ri and Z'ri's extended family, there was someone Va'len did want Valurinnth to meet. Two someones, really, but he hadn't seen hide nor hair of Bukichi, and was beginning to think he wouldn't the rest of the day.

But there was someone a bit younger, who had, perhaps, been well on his way of becoming a friend (if, admittedly, a bit grudgingly). Perhaps it was because his excitement was so boyishly innocent, perhaps it was because Va'len was a bit softer than he had been, but his time getting to know Sioryl hadn't been all that unpleasant. Given how he'd burst into tears at the start of the Hatching, part of him wondered--and hoped--that maybe, just maybe he'd be happy to meet Valurinnth more properly.

The young blue dragon wasn't grudging, per say, but was quite insistent that they return to the Barracks as soon as they could. He wanted time with His without all these people...but so long as he was given proper fussing, perhaps a bit longer among company would be fine.

Moving about the crowds, Va'len finally spotted exactly the young man he wished to say hello to. "Sioryl," he greeted as he bridged the distance between them, "I'm glad you're still here. You holding up all right?" He asked, deciding it would be better to ensure he wasn't gripped by absolute and utter disappointment that he hadn't found his match. Maybe if he seemed too down, he'd try catching up with him at a later date.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:14 pm
Although the hatching had been this morning, Sioyrl was still on an adrenaline high from the whole experience. There had been baby dragons, some had even let him pet them before they'd toddled off to find Theirs. It had been so exciting and cool and amazing and seeing Val- er, Va'len Impress had definitely been the highlight of it all. He could easily recall their chat a few nights ago, how waiting was so hard and each time it got a bit harder. Of course Sioryl would have loved one of the dragons to Impress him but he'd only just arrived. He thought it was much better that Va'len had been selected, he'd been waiting much longer!

Not that that was how it went of course. Some Candidates stood only once in their lives. And some people got in as young as they could and aged out, standing at every clutch they could and still not having a dragon choose them. To Sioryl that wasn't a worry that would ever truly cross his mind. He'd wait for His as patiently as he could (which wasn't very in the grand scheme of things, but he'd be good about it!) and in the meantime-

"Va'len!"

Sioryl's voice was jubilant and excited as his friend (because they were friends, no matter how Va'len felt about it) approached him, a blue dragon with delicate but fierce markings at his side. He couldn't help himself as he stared at the small creature with awe, a hand coming up to cover his mouth. Va'len's question seemed to go in one ear and out the other, registering only for a moment as his own thoughts came tumbling out of his mouth.

"Oh, he's gorgeous! Look at those wings! What's his name?" And realizing that the dragon could speak for himself - if he wanted to - he flicked his gaze to the blue's faceted eyes. "What's your name?" And then, as quick as he'd asked, he looked back at Va'len with a genuinely happy smile, his chest feeling as thought it might burst with joy for the new rider.

"You must be so happy! I'm so glad he found you. Oh!" And then the question Va'len had asked made it's way back to his mind. "Holding up very all right, yup! That was by far the most amazing thing I've seen in my entire life." Maybe meeting his mother and her little green for the first time was close, but he was still riding the high from this morning.

Uta
Here...have some Sioryl

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:46 pm
Va'len couldn't help but smile at Sioryl's strong reaction to meeting Valurinnth. Though the blue dragon had looked upon meeting the other with a mix between disdain and impatience, the fact that the lad seemed to regard him with awe and absolutely delight did soften the others edges. Perhaps this meeting wouldn't be such a waste after all--especially with someone giving him the proper awe and respect he deserved!

So it was, the blue dragon allowed Sioryl to look upon him with wonder, craning his neck a bit, and shifting his wings just so, so the other might see him in all his magnificent glory. Still, the blue dragon did not wish to speak to others so freely. Let his clutchmates do so if they so wished but Valurinnth preferred to speak only to His when he could.

"His name's Valurinnth," Va'len answered, unable to hide the pride and love that welled up each time he got to introduce him. He wasn't usually so pen, emotionally, but it could hardly be helped. He was absolutely head-over-heels, and felt like a completely new person. In fact, it was safe to say he was.

"Isn't he gorgeous though? I keep staring at his hide, and finding new markings, new colors. And his voice--Faranth, it's like a splash of ice and snow on a hot day--shocking, sharp, but beautiful and refreshing. I can't even explain it," he gushed, unable to help himself. This was his lifemate, after all, and only now with his own dragon at his side did he understand the riders who tried to describe Impression. Surely, someday, Sioryl would get to experience the same thing.

Valurinnth did watch Sioryl, his eyes whirling a brighter blue-green. He certainly seems excitable, albeit a bit dramatic, don't you think? The dragon mused privately.

He's more emotional but... nice. Friendly. Va'len thought to His, ever sincere. While Sioryl and Navit had both caused no amount of small discomfort, at least in terms of their obviously displays of feeling, and wearing their hearts on their sleeve--he couldn't help but be glad for it, now. It was nice to get to share Valurinnth with someone during this momentous occasion.

"I'm glad you had a nice time, even if you didn't Impress. Next time, right?" He mused,, for as sure as Queen's lived in the Weyr, there would always be a next time. "Do you have any family here to celebrate with?" He asked, curious.

Valurinnth did move a few steps closer to Sioryl, and deigned to give the boy's hand a small, demanding shove. "Uh, he says you can continue praising him anytime you wish," Va'len spoke, before giving a little laugh. While some might find the sentiment insulting, Va'len couldn't fault his dragonet. It was his Hatching day, after all--and as far as Va'len were concerned, he deserved every ounce of praise, and then some.

If he's very good about it, I might even allow him to scratch my eyeridges. High honor, indeed.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:00 pm
As the blue dragonette posed for him, Sioryl couldn't help but fawn over him just a bit more. He gave the appropriate 'ooh's as he shifted his wings, turning his head this way and that to show off his beautiful markings and stunning shade of his hide. Honestly, he could have been the plainest dragon to have hatched, just one solid shade of blue, and Sioryl would be equally impressed. Va'len had done a fine job oiling him and he shone in the sunlight almost like his metallic siblings.

"Valurinnth," he echoed softly, trying out the name for himself. He didn't want to mispronounce it the first time and get it wrong, so after repeating it a few times in his mind to himself he turned to the dragonette once again with a broad grin.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Valurinnth!" It was a delight to hear Va'len gush about his new life partner, almost a complete turn around from their conversation over homework not too long ago. "He's so gorgeous," he added, turning back to the new rider. "Wow, I hope I'll hear him some day!" Some dragons chose to never speak to humans that weren't their rider, but today was only the first day of being with Va'len. Perhaps Valurinnth would grace him with his voice some other time.

As the conversation shifted to him Sioryl gave a little nod, still clearly in good spirits. "And if not next time, then the next. Now that I've seen a Hatching in person and saw you Impress right beside me I know it's worth the wait." The question made him nod a bit quicker, rocking up onto the balls of his feet as he bounced in place a bit.

"Oh, yes! My mom! She Impressed at the last clutch so she's got a dragon of her own, too. They were there today." They'd already sought him out to give him a hug and a bit of encouragement that wasn't really needed, Sioryl still clearly on the high of being on the sands and having so many dragons around him and seeing his friend Impress. Having his mother in his life was still a new, exciting thing for Sioryl and he was always eager to talk to others about her, but he knew that right now he should keep the focus on Va'len and his blue.

It was then that a nose pushed his hand and the younger boy quickly turned to address Valurinnth, crouching down a bit to kneel on one knee before the baby dragon. He wouldn't need to do this for long, he was sure. The translation from Va'len made Sioryl laugh with delight and he lifted the hand that had been nudged, letting it hover beside Valurinnth's head for a moment so the dragon could either allow him to pet him or move away to deny him the oppertunity.

"Oh, I'll continue now, then! You're easily the most stunning dragon to have hatched today," he said. There'd been a brilliant gold and some rather adorable whites among the other chromatic and metallic dragons that emerged, but of course Valurinnth was to be the highest praised. "I bet you'll grow up to be the best blue to have ever flown the skies of Pern, too! With Va'len at your side Thread is going to wish it never came back." He let his hand gently rest on Valurinnth's neck, stroking the smooth hide gently, his heart beating faster with excitement. Sure, he'd loved on his mother's green frequently but this dragon was new, a small creature still, and much more proud and discerning than Sauzath.

Uta
If Sioryl were a punctuation mark he would be a !. I apologize XD

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:07 pm
Both the blue dragon and Va'len were pleased when Sioryl tested out the dragons name, and also over his effusive praise. Surely, his dragonet deserved nothing less--and it did settle the proud dragon to have a stranger properly vindicate his worth. He was the best blue dragon on Pern--so it was nice that Sioryl recognized his worth. So it was, the blue dragon's eyes whirled a brighter blue-green, and he lingered near Sioryl as the other stroked his hide, and properly admired him. He could get used to it. Surely, it wasn't Va'len's touch, but it was pleasant in its own way. Today was a good day, and the blue would at least allow Sioryl the honor of touch.

"You're in far better spirits than some," Va'len noted, not entirely unaware that for some Candidates, this Hatching represented their last attempt to Impress. But Sioryl was very young, and had Turns to try to tempt a lifemate all his own. Surely, there would be time. For all that Va'len had found Sioryl a bit excitable and perhaps, even, slightly aggravating with his displays of emotion--now with Valurinnth at his side, he was glad of it. If only because his blue deserved nothing but unbridled and genuine praise. It was nice to have someone genuinely happy for him--even if they were but new friends.

"Oh, it absolutely is. I would have stood another ten Turns if it meant I finally got to Impress him," he admitted. While he wasn't usually so sentimental, much less so open, he couldn't keep himself closed up today. Not when it came to Valurinnth. All the other Hatchings paled in comparison to this one, and all those Turns of disappointment meant nothing now that his dragonet was here. But saying it was different than experiencing it-- but surely, Sioryl would know when he Impressed, whenever that day might be.

"I'm glad you have someone here, at least." If there was a slight jealous pang in his heart, it was quickly soothed over by Valurinnth; not so he wouldn't feel it, but simply so that missing hole in his heart would be less painful. It wasn't easy without family, and he was grateful he had what little time with Pandyr that he did. But it would have been nice for his own mother and father to see him Impress, and to meet Valrinnth just as Sioryl was meeting him. Time with Z'ri's family had been nice, but it also had reminded him of everything that had been lost.

We will avenge them, Mine, I promise. Valurinnth spoke softly to Va'len, sending him a wave of love that almost left him breathless.

Va'len wasn't a vengeful man, but knowing he would get to fight Thread, knowing he would get to save others from the loss that had once gripped the planet--that would be enough.

So it was, the blue dragon crooned encouragingly as Sioryl continued his praises. "He is the very best, second to none," Va'len agreed with a grin. "So handsome, too. What color dragon does your Mom have, if you don't mind me asking?" Just because he was thrilled to have Impressed didn't mean he wasn't willing to talk about other things--it wasn't as if Val wasn't on the forefront of his mind. "My sister Impressed a blue, like me, though that was Turns and Turns ago. Guess it runs in our family." Maybe something similar would happen to Sioryl?

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:41 pm
The way Valurinnth preened underneath his touch was enough to let Sioryl know that he could continue fawning over the blue, careful not to catch his fingernails on the supple hide as he stroked and scratched softly here and there. His enthusiastic grin turned soft at Va'len's earnest comment about waiting another ten Turns for Valurinnth, remembering with ease just how hard the other young man had tired to brush off waiting as long as he already had when they'd talked last. It was all worth it, that much was clear, and Sioryl was ready to wait right up until the day before he aged out.

"It's hard not to be happy, there's so much of it in the air," he admitted with a little laugh. Sure, there was plenty of disappointment and sadness, perhaps even some resent or anger, but the joy flooding from the baby dragons and their riders was palpable. Even just being here in the presence of Valurinnth and Va'len was enough to keep Sioyrl going for the foreseeable future. His experience on the Sands would only fuel him until next time a gold rose.

"She's got a green," he said as Va'len asked after his mother's partner. "Sauzath, she's very vibrant in color and very sassy." Just as Valurinnth was the best blue, Sauzath was the best green. He loved her dearly and although he knew she'd never love him like she did his mother and vice versa, the green had happily welcomed him without a hint of jealousy.

"I'd love a green," he said with a wistful sigh, a fond smile on his lips as he thought about Sauzath and the rides she'd taken him on. "But blues are also pretty great," he added, grinning back at Valurinnth. Honestly, he didn't care what color he Impressed, he'd love whoever picked him just as fiercely no matter if they were a bronze or a white or anything in between. "That's pretty cool that you and your sister both have blues. Is she here at High Reaches?" he asked, tilting his head to the side, unaware he might be treading on delicate ground.

Uta

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas