[PRP] confidence boosters [ oreune/va'len + dragons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:28 pm
It was sort of weird to constantly have someone in your head that made sense. Oreune was used to the chattering of a firelizard, sure, but that was pictures at least and feelings at best, so be able to have a complete conversation with an entire being that was completely dedicated to her was just....

.....really weird. Amazing, but also super, super weird.

It was strange that every time a worry cropped up, Praedaeth was there to slap it down. Every time a 'what if' started to form, Praedaeth cut it away. She couldn't think those sorts of thoughts anymore, and for the first time in what felt like ages she could.....well, breathe.

And think more on how maybe she wouldn't survive weyrlinghood because uh, Thread and holy shells did I mention Thread but. That was neither here nor there, even with Praedaeth's agreement on the basics of most everything.

The day saw them working to get Praedaeth fed, a task that happened to fall the same time a few of their fellow Weyrlings would be feeding as well, and Oreune slid up next to one of her classmates. "Mind if we join you over here?"

Uta
hope this works! if you need anything changed please let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:39 pm
Va'len was still in shock. How had he been picked by the most wonderful, most fetching, most brilliant dragon in Kleoth's clutch--nay, all of Pern? It almost felt as if he were in some sort of dream as he better got to know his lifemate. Nothing felt the same--waking up, changing into clothes, making his way down to the tables, sitting down--it all was new, in part, because Valurinnth was new. He was experiencing what his dragonet experienced, as well as his commentary and feelings, all layered over what Va'len had once never given two thoughts about. Everything was new because Va'len was new. He was no more the same person he had been before Valurinnth's Impression, and such power was surely felt by any person luck enough to Impress.

It truly was indescribable and V'len couldn't believe that this was his life. This was what he'd been waiting for, this was what he wanted, needed... All his doubts, all his insecurities, all his fears were washed away as soon as they bubbled to the surface, and this day was no different.

Sitting off to the side, chopping up strips of meat to feed to his voracious dragonet, Va'len hardly noticed the approach of a fellow weyrling. Valurinnth, of course, did, and the blue turned to regard Oreune and Praedaeth coolly. Praedaeth. It was as good a greeting as any of his clutchmates would receive from the fierce blue, who turned back to his to demand another piece of meat.

Va'len was feeling far more sociable, and gave Oreune a small smile and a nod. "Sure! We just got settled in ourselves," he explained. Not, of course, that she needed the explanation--most of the weyrlings were in exactly the same situation, each one coming in for another round of chopping meat. "Congratulations on Impressing, by the way. She's quite pretty." He complimented, unable to help himself. He wasn't usually so damn sociable but he also was genuinely, positively, on cloud nine. He couldn't help it. They had all finally Impressed and that in itself was an amazing feat.

That Valurinnth gave Va'len another forceful nudge with his hand was less to do with wanting more meat, and more out of offense of such effusive praised to one of his clutchmates. Excuse.

houllow

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:42 am
Always wonderful to see you, Valurinnth. You and yours are looking good. Praedaeth, for her part, returned her brother's lackluster greeting with one of her own, albiet one a bit more openly flattering. Her initial comment had come before Va'len's compliment, so if the secondary sentence felt tacked on then maybe it was. It wasn't like it was a lie, both Va'len and Valurinnth were quite stunning (for another dragon) and so it was what it was. However her brother took it wasn't her business for she said she she said and it wasn't like she was in his mind to see how he handled it. The only mind she was in constantly was Oreune's, and even then her lifemate was a constant state of whoa that hadn't really changed since their first meeting.

Maybe a bit less SHELLS AND WHOA to a more simple whoa. It made sense to Praedaeth anyway and really, that was all that mattered. What also mattered was her watching her brother headbutt his lifemate's hand and she smirked. I'm pretty hungry too. I hope the meat is good.

"I mean, it should be? I don't see why it wouldn't be good if Va'len is feeding it to..." Perhaps one day in the future Oreune would weave herself a scrap that had all the names of Praedaeth's clutchmates on it and spend long hours by candle reading and memorizing. Today was not that day and so she struggled a little to find and place the name. Praedaeth, mouth currently full of meat and brain much the same, was of zero help. As usual. "Valurinnth. I doubt he'd suffer something subpar to such a lovely blue as Valurinnth." She went ahead and chopped another piece, careful to watch the size and watch her fingers, before tossing it over into the maw that never seemed to close. If it wasn't for the faint feelings at the corner of her mind of being filled, Oreune would think she just hadn't dropped three or so decent sized bits into that tiny beast.

Clearly this might turn into a problem in the future, if all that had been given so far didn't even make the notch wiggle on the starving meter.

"And thank you, for the compliment. I'm still not sure that this isn't some elaborate dream, that all these new sensations are me being set up for one massive joke." At the corners of her mind Oreune knew it might hurt Praedaeth in some manner to hear her say she didn't think this was entirely real, that it felt too good to be true, but such things didn't bother the portly green. She knew Oreune's heart too well to take it to her own, and that for every moment of disbelief there were twice as many of joy and discovery. "Sometimes it feels like I didn't even know how to look at things before Praedaeth came into my life. A bit the same for you, I take it?"

Uta

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff