[PRP] shake to blend [ oreune/n'tiri + the twins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:45 pm
"Wipe that look off your face please." At her side, or rather down near her knees, as her dragon was quite smile, Praedaeth leaned against Oreune's leg as her rider wiped a clean cloth on her face. The pair was just waking up from a rather impromptu nap brought about after feeding and oiling, and while the last little bits of sleep clung to Oreune like webbing it was the urging of her lifemate - yes, a lifemate - that had her awake and cleaning away the remnants of sleep.

Praedaeth snorted. What look? This is just my face. The green blinked slowly, rumbling in amusement as Oreune scrubbed around the corners of her eyes. Apparently she'd fallen asleep with a bit more blood and crust on her face than she thought, for the cloth looked gross and her face felt...crunchy. Get around your nose, you've missed some spots. A yawned echoed in the rider's brain as her dragonet attempted to pretend she wasn't still sleepy as well, but there was a different sort of urging now that had her moving. Once you're done we're going to see my twin. I want to be with him.

"...." Oreune's hands paused, and she looked down properly with an expression similar to one a person would wear at something bitter being placed in their mouth. "Do we...have to?" It wasn't as though Oreune hated Natiri - or whatever he was going to call himself now, he may have told her but meh! - it was just that she didn't like him much. She found him rather boring and he'd more or less indirectly offended her, even if it wasn't on purpose.

And that had been all in a single conversation, which was about right considering she'd had no interest in finding him for anything more. Now it seemed like she didn't have much of her choice, as her green dragonet made case. It would be hard to deny the rights of her lifemate to her identical twin, after all. Plus, really, the dragons looked exactly alike so she wouldn't be able to avoid thinking of the blue while looking at her green; if it wasn't for the shade of their hides it would be unlikely anyone else could tell them apart either.

"Can't we just....see them from a distance, or something?" Praedaeth snorted once more and shook her head, prompting Oreune to groan as she buried her face into the cloth. "We're going to see them at the feast anyway, so -"

I want to see him now and so we're going to see him now. There was no more room for argument, as it seemed once her dragon had an idea of what she wanted she was going to get it. Or maybe she really didn't want to see her brother that bad even, but instead was relishing the idea of watching Oreune's face run a gamut of expressions in less than a tick of a candlemark. Anyway, come on. Without fully waiting she turned and moved at a trot towards where she'd last seen her twin, all the while reaching out for him. My brother, are you close by? I want to see you, slowpoke.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:37 am
N'tiri had been quite content to lie down with Iasgaireth after he'd fed the blue, the dragonet's sleepiness seeping through into his bones as steadily as if it was his own. And it felt right to lie back, the blue tucked to his side, wedge-head fitted snugly beneath his chin, and one grasping wing draped across his chest like the world's warmest blanket. All was right with the world, and he fell asleep without a care, heart drenched in utter contentment.

Some time later, the pair came to waking in sync, and at once, sitting upright and meeting gazes—clear brown and whirling deep blue-green. There was no need for words, they both knew each other's heart; both leaned in to gently bump heads, both stood, shaking off the sleep like a shroud. Before the blue even said it, somehow N'tiri knew—Praedaeth is coming, and she is bringing her Oreune.

Unlike his counterpart, N'tiri had no qualms about seeing each other, no hangups, no animosity. Their first encounter hadn't gone well, but he hadn't quite clued into that fact at the time. Even know, he considered their relationship cordial, and likely to grow, given their dragonets being twins. It would be good to forge that bond stronger as well for the sake of things in the turns to come. They would be weyrlings together, and some day, likely battle thread together. They were already off to a good start, so he was quite fine with the idea of getting on with making friends

"That sounds fine, we'll meet them of course. Perhaps go to the feast together, if you and Praedaeth would like."

The blue gave a little huff as he pranced on the spot, eyes twirling dark blue-purple with affection. Of course we would! Wouldn't we, Praedaeth? We're right here of course, come on over! I must say, it's much nicer to wake up by mine's side than squeezed in our egg... though I missed you. Perhaps next time we can all pile together. That would feel best, I think.

He watched as N'tiri went started changing clothes for the feast, from the now-sleep-wrinkled candidate robe to fine but austere leathers and sturdy fabrics. His new weyrling knots—newly threaded through with Iasgaireth's bright blue color—slid to sit snugly across his shoulder, brilliant against the neutral brown tones... as well as Haldi, who had come shyly to meet Iasgaireth before they'd dozed off. The hatchling puffed a breath of warm air up at the firelizard as she perched upon N'tiri's shoulder... yes. Yes this was all going very well!!

houllow

ShinosBee

Nerd

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas