Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP]How to Make Friends and Influence Dragons (Tihr/Va'len)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:07 am
Tihrokat hardly knew what to do with himself. None of this seemed quite real yet, no matter how much he pinched himself, though admittedly, Leucoceth had made him stop after about the third pinch that he'd caught. It didn't help that he was also exhausted - the Hatching had woken them all up awfully early, after all, and the short nap they'd had between getting the bronze's feeding and oiling needs seen to and getting ready for the Feast seemed like days ago. Even Leucoceth, with all his energy and enthusiasm, was finally starting to run out of steam by the time his third meal of the day rolled around.

Though he was doing his very best to keep standing tall - and keep his eyes from drooping - he did eventually surrender a little, and leaned against His as he carefully cut meat into appropriately-sized pieces for him. If someone noticed, it would be quite easy to brush it off as simply a gesture of affection, a want to be as close as possible to his chosen. And it was that, too.

Leucoceth rested his head in Tihrokat's lap, sharing it without complaint with the small gold firelizard who'd been there first. She whuffled at his face with a croon, and soon set to gently grooming him.

Mm, yes, that was nice. He could get used to this.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:42 pm
It had been a terribly long, but absolutely wonderful day. Though he was as exhausted as Tihrokat, and all but dragging as he made his way to the feeding tables, he still couldn't quite believe that he had found Valurinnth. The blue dragon was everything he could have possibly hoped for, and more. Faranth help him, he was besotted, obsessed, and absolutely certain that there had been some mistake. For how had this fierce, confident, capable dragon have chosen him? What on Pern did he have to offer such a dragon?

Thankfully, Valurinnth had endless patience when it came to His, and was more than happy to drown his doubts away with pure, unadulterated love. How could there be anyone else but you? For Valurinnth, there had been no one quite like His. For while Va'len did have softness, and insecurities, there was fierceness, a love of attention, and a need that equaled Valurinnth's desire to be so wanted.

It was with this wonderment and awe that the dyed-haired weyrling took a seat next to Tihrokat in preparation of his dragonet's evening meal. The Feast had been winding down as the excitement of the morning had begun to take its toll, and Va'len was quite ready to crawl into his cot in the weyrling barracks and sleep. But feeding came first, and a possible light oiling to hopefully keep Valurinnth settled through the night. "Do they already look bigger than they were in the morning?" He asked Tihrokat, not really expecting an answer, but staring in wonder as he offered his blue the first strip of herdbeast he'd sliced. The dragonets were known to grow exceptionally quickly during the first few months of their lives, but Val was only now beginning to understand just how quickly--and just how strange a dragonet's itching could feel.

Thankfjully, any discomfort Valurinnth felt was second to his desire to eat. Oiling could happen later--though Va'len did oblige by scratching lightly at the offending shoulder. Though he didn't know Tihorkat at all, he did tear his eyes off Valurinnth just long enough to offer the other a small smile. "That looks cozy," he confessed--only for Valurinnth to pointedly shove his head under Va'len's hand, and demand his undividied attention. There was a small flash of jealousy though it was quickly replaced by a demand for more meat.

Why should Va'len think any other pair worth his attention when Valurinnth was right there? While he wasn't an insecure blue, he did have expectations of being Va'len's entire world. Whether or not there was room in it for Tihrokat, Leucoceth, or any other weyrling remained to be seen.

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:31 pm
A voice interrupted Tihrokat's thoughts - or, more accurately, lack of them - and he looked up from his dreamy haze with a bright smile in spite of his exhaustion. "Hey, Va'len!" he offered, then went on to consider the other's musing once he'd actually processed what had been asked, looking appraisingly down at Leucoceth. Eventually, he admitted, "I can't even tell. This morning feels like days ago."

But, strangely, also like it had just happened. That he was currently so muzzy-headed from it all certainly didn't help in that regard. Everything felt surreal. As for coziness - "Oh, it is. Wisp's very happy to have a new friend." He scritched fondly behind her headknobs, before doing the same for Leucoceth, then feeding him another strip of meat. "The feeling's definitely mutual."

Though he'd not considered that it wouldn't necessarily have been that way, he'd have been heartbroken if it hadn't. The little firelizard was the closest thing he had to family...aside from now Leucoceth, of course.

Brother, the bronze acknowledged, his tail waggling a touch at Valurinnth's arrival. This meat is really good.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:05 pm
Va'len gave a little nod in agreement to Tihrokat's sentiment. "It's incredible, really. I still can't believe how different life is now that we've all Impressed. It really is an indescribable feeling riders were always going on about." He knew it had just happened, and yet, his life and time without Valurinnth seemed like a lifetime ago. It almost pained him to think what he'd been like--how he'd gotten on all those Turns--without the precious little blue in front of him. And he was precious, for all that he was fierce, cunning, and likely to be a handful.

As the other man mentioned his gold firelizard, Va'len did feel a pang of guilt--that was quickly washed away by Valurinnth. "I've three little flits myself, but uh," he hesitated, unsure what to say or how to explain it. "It's been a little bit of an adjustment." He'd gone longer without Dagger than he ever had--and he knew Scimitar and Switchblade were eager to return. "I'll be feeding and oiling them next, after Val's cared for," he explained, perhaps a little defensively, just in case Tihrokat got the wrong idea.

He didn't love his flits any less, but Valurinnth was a bit miffed at their company. He had every intention of ensuring they all got along... but he also didn't want to alienate the newly hatched dragonet, or upset him. Any upswell of regret was, once again, soothed away by the blue--who sent him nothing but love and pride. I know they are Yours... but at least give us this day. The blue wasn't so cruel as to drive the trio away fully--but he wanted Va'len's attention first and foremost. This was their day, after all--and while he accepted everything that was near and dear to Va'len's heart, he still had his own opinions. He was all Va'len needed now... but if it made His happy to have a little fair, than so be it.

Looking over at the larger bronze, Valurinnth couldn't help but be ever-so-vexed. It was clear the bronze was bigger than him--and that alone was practically an insult. Still, he knew size meant little, and that he would be fierce no matter who he was up against. Thankfully, Leucoceth didn't appear to be an immediate threat, especially with that tail wag. I would expect them to serve us nothing but the best. Thankkfully, the blue did find the meat suitable to his palette, and he opened his jaws for more.

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:46 pm
"I never really knew much about any of it," Tihrokat admitted. The first dragon he'd ever seen up close had been the searchdragon, so as far as what riders went on and on about...he'd had relatively little experience with it. "They picked me up just in time for the Touching, pretty much."

"Wisp's my only one," he went on conversationally, Valen's moment of defensiveness - flying over his very tired head. "She's been my best friend, so I'm glad Leucoceth doesn't mind." He bent to kiss the little gold's head, not minding in the least that he had been petting her with the hands he'd been handling raw meat with for Leucoceth. It didn't even occur to him, really. Wisp trilled happily, and booped her bonded on the nose before he went back to the task of feeding his dragon.

Of course, the bronze agreed, We do deserve the best they have to offer. I'm sure they wish us to grow hale and strong, after all.

Uta

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff