Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Dreams into reality (Mhinadi/Tihrokat + dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:55 am
Not so long ago -- as in less than a handful of days ago -- none of this was real. Hoped for, yearned for, craved and clamored and practiced for, yes, but not relal. The real bits made all the difference in the world.

Now, instead of dreaming what he dragon might be like, Mhinadi knew without question. She undertstood what her father, what A'ral and so many others had been trying to share and explain all along. It was an impossible lesson, and she had a new respect for all of them who even tried.

Could you...? Scandiacuth asked as she stretched out to a little more length, making her neck as long as possible so that one truly itchy place was fully exposed.

Mhinadi dutifully scratched, smiling fondly at the green draped across her legs. "Of course, of course. You know you didn't have to ask."

Maybe not, she allowed, But we do has to ask Leucoceth to sit with us for a while. The green exhaled a quiet croon of welcome to her brother, and flicked her tailtips a little, but didn't otherwise move. Come sit and be comfortable, Leucoceth. This is a good place.

Mhinadi looked up at Tihrokat and smiled. "What she said. Sorry I didn't say something first. Distracted. You know." With a dragon in her lap.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:52 pm
Tihrokat still wasn't quite sure how this was his life now; it wasn't long ago at all that had been just barely surviving on the streets, but here he was with a dragon, of all things! A bronze, at that, but quite frankly, it wasn't in his nature to attach importance to such things. Leucoceth could have been as purple as his egg as far as Tihrokat, who'd known practically nothing of dragons but that they existed, was concerned. He was the most perfect creature in all the world, and he was His, and that was all that mattered.

Though the young man was doing his best to keep up when it came to lessons and chores, an unusual dedication stemming largely from sheer gratitude, he often found himself lost. In all the newness, in Leucoceth, in all the thoughts and feelings that weren't his but also sort of were. It wasn't hard at all to look at his dragon, blink, and find that a candlemark had gone by. And that was more or less the state the pair was in when Scandiucuth suggested they join her and Hers, just leaning into each other and basking in the love.

At his sister's summons, Leucoceth perked to attention and, after nuzzling at his rider's face, stood and stretched. And if he made a little show of it, well, who could blame him? He was very handsome, and he and His had been specifically requested, so. Clearly Scandiacuth was craving their excellent company. The bronze moved to where she sat with Hers, and surveyed the promised 'good place,' eventually finding it to his satisfaction. Yes, this is a good spot, he agreed, It will do very nicely for awhile.

Tihr followed like an eager puppy, never out of arm's reach of his dragon unless he absolutely had to be. The movement disturbed his little gold flit, who fluttered along and came to land on the reasonably stable perch that was Leucoceth. "Hey!" Tihr greeted his fellow weyrling with a bright smile, even as the trio resettled in their new location. "It's alright. I mean, same, y'know?"

Samuel Carlin

Meepfur
Crew

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:59 pm
It was true that she'd had the good fortunate to hatch along with a very handsome cloutch of dragons. If she had other reasons for seeing out her siblings, she certainly couldn't, and wouldn't, miss an opportunity to appreciate them each from headknobs to tail. So, comfortable as she seemed to be, she watched Leucoceth's approach with palpable admiration.

When he agreed with her assessment of her spot, she lifted her heda a little higher, proudly. What would be the point in choosing someplace where it isn't nice to sit? You just get up and try again and again until you find the one that feels just right. She had certainly made some circles before agreeing to settle down here. How are you? Are you full? You are certainly shining.

"It's weird," she confessed to Tihr. "But absolutely not weird all at the same time. Which makes it even... weirder. " She laughed. "Just think. Some day, we'll sit back and this will all just be normal. Like there was never anything different."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:16 pm
Noting that he was watched, Leucoceth didn't hesitate to add a little extra oomph to his strut, or flourish as he settled himself - in a most flattering pose, of course. Still, he took care not to make it difficult for the flit to keep her perch, as even when he was flaunting himself, he wasn't so inconsiderate as all that. She was a delicate little thing, and very important to His...and he'd quickly become fond of her as well. It almost sounds like work, when you put it that way, he mused, But better than being in a bad spot.

And when he mentioned that he was shining, well, he of course had to curve his neck just so, his eyes whirling a deep blue. I'm perfect! Mine gave me lots of meat, and I'm not itchy at the moment, either. Early days were certainly a battle against hunger and itchiness for growing dragons, but His was very diligent about taking proper care of him. You must be well, as comfortable as you look.

Tihrokat sat himself next to Leucoceth, leaning comfortably into the bronze and offering Wisp a little scritch as well. "That sounds about right," he agreed to the weird-not weird-weirder with a laugh of his own. "I can't even imagine it, honestly. This is all just...I don't even know. In a good way, but it's still just..."

He gestured helplessly.

Samuel Carlin
so eloquent

Meepfur
Crew

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:28 pm
It might be a little extra work, Scandiacuth allowed, going so far as to pat the spot she'd chosen with a forefoot as if praising it. But worth it. Just think, with the best spot to rest in, everyone gets a chance to get a good look at you. We'll all be trying to keep up soon enough. Flattery, yes. Unapologetic flattery. If it made him strut and pose, then she was here for flattery.

"It's a lot," Mhinadi decided. "That's the best way to put it, I think. She. He." She gestured at their dragons in turn. "They're a lot and they're going to be a lot more." She leaned forward a little, lowering her voice like she was about to reveal a huge secret. "We're going to fly, Tihr. And get to go places." And fight Thread, of course, which would be dangerous and was a sort of nebulously terrifying thought that she wasn't quite ready to face yet, but flight? That she was oh-so-ready to fantasize about.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm
That is a very fair point, he agreed after a moment for due consideration. We'll have even more choices once we can fly. I hear the view from the fireheights is quite spectacular. Leucoceth was absolutely here for every last ounce of flattery thrown his way, and while he and His were now quite comfortable once more, making another strut impractical, he could...hmm. He neck was already arched at the ideal angle, but he could...ah, yes! He stretched out a wing to catch the light, the best he could do without rousting his rider again.

"They're going to be huge," Tihr said, gesturing vaguely into the distance where older dragons were visible. Leucoceth would be bigger than Scandiacuth, of course, but he'd seen no dragons save whites he wouldn't qualify as large, large creatures. But he'd not grown up around them, so perhaps it was relative. At mention of flight, he shared a gleeful, conspuiratorial smile. There were few places he was keen to go, honestly, but flying? "I can't wait. It's going to be great."

The idea of future danger didn't phase him at all; he lived far too much in the the world of blind optimism and sheer happiness about life.

Samuel Carlin

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas