[PRP] Egg-cellent Opinions [ Oreune + Odd

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:29 pm
Whelp, that touching certainly had been a thing. It went about exactly as Oreune expected it to, with the eggs pretty much giving off the responses she supposed they would, and in a way that was really....comforting. The young woman absolutely enjoyed being proven correct in her assessment of things, and with how one of the eggs had completely rejected her and how one of them had seemed troubled by her touch?

Either way the hatching had ended quickly and now she was sitting in the dining hall, the last of the people around her slowly clearing out as the meal ended. There were no real plans for the rest of the day, no chores or the like, and so Oreune simply placed her forehead against the table as she tried to process her thoughts.

Overall....it went.....well.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Odd scrapped her bowl clean, eating the last bit of her meal. She was partly lost in her thoughts and the differences between the responses. She hmmed softly before looking at the gal next to her. What was her name? Odd was pretty sure it started with an O, though she really hadn't been paying attention.

She shrugged, and reached over, tapping her head. "So, what did you think?" She asked, mild. "I myself sort of got adopted by an egg and then kind of ended up with another egg who was cool with it and two that were like nope and one adorably sweetheart baby."

houllow

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:14 pm
Oreune turned her head over to look at Odd, not really bothering to pick it up from the table. "An egg more or less told me to piss off." Her words were somewhat muffled into the tabletop but at least the area was clean and Odd could hear her. "Honestly it's about what I expected. Sounds like you had a nice time though."

She tried to recall what eggs she'd seen Odd at, that not Oreune was notorious for paying attention to literally anyone or anything. "Any faves?"

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:33 pm
"You too? Black and white one with the yellow told me that, was not tooo happy one of its sibs went sister? Sister." Odd grinned. "Got to be the big grey one with the white flecks, adopted me and well, I kind of wonder if they remember when they hatch... sort of looking forward to it. "

houllow

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:45 pm
"Mine was uh.....one with diamonds? It's a shame because I thought the egg pattern was really pretty, but I mean - a shell isn't the dragonet inside." She mumbled into the table, trying to mentally picture the eggs Odd was talking about. She could, sort of, as she recalled where they were located in proximity to where she'd been.

"Also I'm pretty sure they remember stuff from an egg when they hatch. Wasn't there a hatching at High Reaches not too long ago where a girl got straight up mauled right after an egg hatch? Way I heard it went straight for her the moment the shell cracked." It was all probably a rumor, but considering Oreune had spent a ton of time in the infirmary and heard the healers talk amongst themselves, it probably wasn't either.

But that wasn't this conversation. "I don't think I really touched the big gray one. I was mostly sticking to the smaller eggs."

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:58 pm
"Ooh, think I saw it but I didn't go near that way. Was sort of keeping to that little area of eggs." Odd hummed thoughtfully. "Ooh? Maybe we can exchange info? Starry was the one adopted me. Little yellow next to it was very sweet. Purple spotted one was a bit larger but also very okay with the adoption, very excited egg. " She lazily draw the cluster on the table remembering where they were at.

houllow

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:07 pm
Oreune looked at Odd like she'd grown an extra head. Sure, there had been eggs and Oreune touched 'em, but....uh. Her experience hadn't been ~life changing~ other than being told to piss off and so she sort of wiped bits and pieces from her memory. Naturally she couldn't forget the primary offending egg, because uh.....all the more reason to avoid whatever dragonet hatched.

Or at least try not to be attacked by it.

"I touched the yellow egg too - it was pretty nice. Asked me to sit down by it, which I would have except we got called away. Also touched a reddish patterned egg, and uh." How to explain that whole thing. "It was also...nice?"

Maybe Oreune was just bad at touching, or maybe these dragonets were being cool and letting her know way, way ahead of time that none of them would be hers. And also maybe she'd be mauled again.

Or not, probably. She was going to stand anyway, so.

"Plus, yanno, how the eggs reacted to you doesn't mean they'd do that for me."

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:35 pm
houllow

Odd nodded. "Only other one I touched was the big one with brown stripes, wasn't too please about the sib adoption, but also okay with it." She leaned back, considering the eggs. "Kind of want to see what they hatch though, even if one gave me a warning about it."

She grinned. "Yeah, but you can get a bit of an idea of what they want or looking for and what they aren't by gathering information. Like yeah, I wasn't either brown stripe or the others eggs fav but ehh, I think one had thoughts of what a perfect candidate should be." It had been interesting and she was still thinking about it.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:45 pm
"I wish an egg had liked me. They all seemed sort of just...tolerating me? But then again lots of other folks were touching the egg so who knows how well their attention split. Not that I'm blaming an egg for doing its best or whatever." Oreune had to snort a little bit a the mention of a perfect candidate. "Do you think there actually is one out there or is that dragonet going to have to lower their standards?"

She tried to run a list of all the candidates she knew, to see if anything of them could be considered perfect or ideal. "You said it didn't like you? A shame."

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:37 pm
"I wasn't too surprised it didn't like me. And yeah, there probably someone out there that will be the perfect match, probably not an ex gambler though." Odd admitted, giving a shrug. "Best guest someone who's a werybrat and brought up in the proper ways."

"I think brown stripe wants someone kind and caring like a good protector." She mused, considering. "Certainly not me."

houllow
]

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:30 pm
"I guess the only way to really find out is to actually get out there when they hatch, yeah?" Oreune hadn't really had super amazing touches and they'd all felt like they didn't want her, so she couldn't give the reasoning that Odd did.

"Wait, ex-gambler? You?"

Shaddaling
i know the hatching has happened already but i'd love to try and finish this up! we can end it either on your next post or mine after, if you want???

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:12 pm
"Well, still dooo... just lot less here." Odd lift a brow, amusement clear. "Honey, how do I not look like a women who gambles?" She questioned, motioning to her tattoos. She had a lot of them. "Anyhow I guess you are right... we will soon find out!"

houllow
Sorry! Was on vaction and sleptttt and forgot to check this place out again

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:56 am
Oreune shrugged. "I tend not to judge people or make assumptions based on what they look like. It only sets me up for failure down the line if it turns out I had them entirely wrong." Naturally she assumed she'd be wrong about most people anyway even she did nothing at all, just like now with how her question came back answered. Or really there was nothing wrong there, so. "Plus, I hate when folks have ideas about me. I don't think I can ever live up to them so what a waste."

Shaddaling
wb haha! lemme know when you wanna end this!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:26 pm
"Well best of luck to you." Odd replied, considering the words but ultimately shrugging them off. "It never really failure unless you think of it as such, its just experience and satisfaction." She tossed her hair, giving a happy grin. "It is a fifty fifty chance usually of being wrong or right."

"Anyhow, I should get going! But I'll try to reach out to you at the hatching. See you later!"

houllow
Lets wrap it up <3

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out