Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:35 pm
The Club, owned by the Illustrious Cassarria, who built the club from the ground up. After the Volcanic devastation Texas’ was swallowed up by the waters of the inland sea, expanding the shoreline of Houston even more and on the Baytown area, the water table dropped to such a degree that it is unclear to just how far down it goes. The club was established on the bay of Texas and built atop the cliffs established by the water table dropping. This location presented multiple opportunities, one of which allows ships to dock at a special dock connected and controlled by the club, which grants direct access to the many levels of the club, provided you are allowed to. The club having levels even deeper below the club than anyone is aware of also house the home of Cassiarria and the infamous (at least to the church) Varos the Pirate who also has a dock which goes even deeper into the cave system created when the water tables dropped which also connects directly to the docks controlled by the club. Varos being a pirate is also a smuggler when the need calls for it and isn’t afraid to butt heads with the church or anyone who would interfere with his existence. Coincidentally the club is also across the street from RRT’s branch office who set up shop there when the area was being redeveloped, and to this date still have no clue that Varos, one of their dogs of war is hiding right under their noses, since RRT has never been able to identify that he is there or for that matter, see the inside of the club.

The Club being a prestigious location, employs bouncers of unknown race or origin called sniffers who can identify the race of all who attempt to enter the club, and it is through their scrutiny which has kept RRT from establishing anything within the club. Be warned that the sniffers are not a foe to reckon with and few who have tried to force their way in has been successful and if necessary, send you to the hospital if you do not stop. Attempts to bribe them has remained unsuccessful and tends to be considered disrespectful to the owner of the club, to which they remind people why they are the bouncers. Cassarria, the owner, is on good terms with Sebastet considering her a dear friend which gives Vampire island the unique ability of being able to acquire certain goods without fear of the church interfering.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:26 am
Cassarria gave a soft sigh as she made her way through the Devil's Floor of the Club, checking to make sure that her patrons were satisfied. This floor was generally considered the floor to answer to the darker desires that resided in the heart and she made sure that no one left unsatisfied.

Well .. there were a few that she sent over to Brimstone. There were some messes she wasn't set up for, after all. They might be competitors in the city but that didn't mean that they didn't work well together.

She looked around once more then moved to the elevator to check on the Angel's Floor. Nothing ever went wrong on this floor, though so she wasn't sure why she was checking.

There were numerous floors to The Club and each held their own theme. There were the apartments as well, for those that couldn't get home safely as well as those that worked for her. She made sure each floor and apartment was set up to perfection and the highest standards.

She'd been around long enough that she understood standards as well as comforts and needs. So she provided it all. Well, within reason, of course.

Another sigh escaped her as she tried to consider her other problems. Two, specifically.

Cassarria nodded to patrons as she moved through the floors of her domain, smiling at compliments and ignoring offers. While the luscious redhead was the most stunning beauty in the building, she was very happily married. And her regulars knew just how happy she was with her man.

But she missed him when he was away. She knew he needed his playtime to feel useful and didn't begrudge it one bit. But she still missed him...

Then there was incorporating her other problem into The Club...

While Cassarria got along well with her siblings these days, it seemed that they just dearly loved to bring her every stray they found and expected her to solve the problem. Alright, this one had different implications and even complications, but she was still left with trying to fit them in...

She paused on the Shifter Floor and wondered if she was going to need a new floor for the darlings... Hmmm... No... Maybe just incorporate them into the entertainments on all the floors...

Perhaps...

She headed for the bar to get a drink, sliding a hand down the emerald silk of the fitted gown she wore. The low cut of the top showed off her cleavage to perfection while the slit at her left leg gave teasing glimpses of her shapely legs and the matching emerald stilettos she was wearing laced up her calves. The threads of gold and metallic red through the material made her moving figure seem just that much more of a tease to everyone that couldn't touch her. She really missed Varos... While he went by Wolfgang to most, he was still her Varos. She swirled her glass a little bit and gave a soft purring sound and a pleased smile as she remembered when they met. He was certainly brazen...

Her smile faded a bit as she looked around again and dreaded the next couple of weeks.

But, she had the Club to keep her busy until he came home...

She finished off the drink and set the glass on the bar before moving on to see her Manager about trying a few new entertainments. Along the way, she checked on all of the patrons she seemed worthy of her personal attention.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:54 pm
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

Seductive, dulcet tones teased the shell of her ear and Raff paused for a heartbeat mid sway; A shock of stillness in the otherwise writhing crowd on the dance floor as the woman recognized the voice of the The Club's owner somewhere between the energetic pulses of music and the dull roar of the other patrons. It was a habit to track those familiar, though unnecessary given she was just here to let off steam.. unfortunately a fellow guest behind her mistook her idle posture as a invitation into her space and as Raff felt his presence slid against her back her own body tensed with discomfort; Her chin lifting sharply so her icy stare could meet the large brown eyes of her unwelcome companion over her shoulder as the swift gesture sent her dark ponytail rippling in a wave down her back. Raff wasn't a short woman and, much like tonight in her strappy black stilettos, she often cut a striking figure above most men so it was not a surprise to see the male barely matched her height.. It took little more than a haughty tilt of her head to send him skulking back into the crowd with his hands up in a gesture of 'peace' and a faint smile teased the lush deep red of her lips as Raff enjoyed the little victory of preserving her personal space. Lifting her arms in a crossed manner Raff debated returning to her dance, the music thumping so very temptingly, and yet.. Between the shocking scent of sweat and the panting breaths of those around her Raff admitted a stiff drink held more appeal than dancing now that her rhythm had been broken.

Slipping free from the entangled bodies on the dance floor Raff elegantly wove around the enthusiastic souls having fun and carefully made her way towards the bar, her mind retracing the floorplan of what little parts of the building she'd observed so far. It had been about two months now since she'd found her way to this Club and honestly? It had done wonders to serve as an outlet for her building stress. No one knew her face here, or at least they didn't acknowledge it if they did, and even on nights like this where she came after work hours Raff could socialize a little and relax. The soft click of her heels on the floor was muffled by the noises around her, her business skirt neatly flattering the lines of her legs as the white blouse flowed from the chic belt that snugged around her waist in a tasteful synch. She'd unbuttoned the blouse a few notches when she got here to ease some of her movements and admittedly give a flattering glimpse of her cleavage; Raff was more interested in the fact that it let some of her body heat escape and reduce the amount of sweat her dancing caused. At least .. what it used to cause. Now ..? The winter hue of Raff's gaze seemed to chill a little at the silent reminder of how things had changed. Some of the frost eased from her expression as, with a flash of red hair, the source of her earlier distraction entered her line of sight and Raff slid gracefully into the chair next to Cassarria at the bar's counter. A familiar stranger.. and one with a dress to die for, as she'd come to expect from the enigmatic woman. Gently tapping one perfect dark red fingernail on the bar Raff made the choice to push her worries back and focus on the female beside her . " As always Cassarria, the vibe is lovely tonight. How have you been?" Business talk was simple, soothing even, and Raff was sincerely curious how the woman was doing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:48 pm
Dalia Thail

Cassarria gave a pleased smirk as she turned, "Raff... So good to see you enjoying yourself tonight. Laura was just complimenting your skill in sending Sam scurrying away like the minor little peon he is," she complimented with a gesture to the brunette bartender who passed Raff her usual drink with a teasing wink before moving on to the next drink.

The luscious redhead tilted her head a bit as she considered her answer to the question she was given. There were so many ways to answer it, after all.

She trailed a finger idly along the neckline of her dress, a simple movement that was sensual and teasing without being obvious. The movement was also a classic thing for Cassarria. The woman teased simply because she could. And it was fun...

"I'm missing my husband tonight. He's out on a run to deliver a package. He'll be back in a couple of weeks. I'm planning on jumping the man the second he steps foot back home," she answered in total honesty.

The response gained a snort of laughter from the bartender, "That's an understatement of monumental proportions, Cassarria... You jump that man whenever you twitch. I'm surprised you haven't worn him out yet," Laura teased her boss in good nature before moving down the bar to serve another drink.

Cassarria didn't bother to deny the accusation and gave a very pleased smirk, "She's right. I don't deny it. I haven't been able to resist him since he showed up in my club after hours," she gave a very pleased purring sound at the memory before shaking her head to refocus on her patron.

"But enough about me, darling... You're looking way too pale tonight. No arguing with me tonight. I'm feeling feisty. So just answer the one question: fresh or donated?"

She asked it simply without any apologies. She also did it casually, as if there was no issue with the whole thing.

Of course, in the Club, there was no issue. There were willing donors from every race. And the Sniffers on the door ensured that Cassarria knew who, and what, all of her patrons were. They were remarkably efficient and loyal.

Cassarria had taken on Raff as a bit of a cause when she'd first come to the Club and was slowly working on getting the girl used to what she was. It was a challenge. But Cassarria loved challenges. They made life worth living...

The look in Cassarria's beautiful sapphire eyes showed that she wasn't taking no for an answer tonight. She meant it when she said Raff's color was off.

"I'll decide your flavor tonight. You just tell me if the taste is right. Personally, I think you could do with fresh. But I'll say again that your only choice tonight is how you drink it," she added with a teasing wink but a superior tone that brooked no argument.

It wasn't the kind of superiority that made one want to push back. No, it was the kind that came with age. And everyone in town knew that Cassarria was beyond ancient. So she deserved a bit of superiority...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:55 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

Thick lashes lowered to veil the expression lurking in Raff's eyes, twin black crescents fanning her pale skin and softening her features with what seemed to be a serene calm. It was the closest the woman would normally come to 'shocked' by normal standards.. Masking the lurch in her stomach so very neatly with the age-old act of passive gentleness she'd honed dealing with business sharks and her jackal of a father. " To be entirely fair I'm sure he is quite ready to be jumped as well Laura.." Naturally the woman grasped her glass and lightly lifted it towards the bartender in a small but jovial agreement to the woman's teasing.. gently swirling the lovely blue liquid as she observed the way the light glinted upon the swaying surface as if weighing the delights of having a man to so eagerly bed waiting at home. But her mind was entirely on the fact that her host was rather openly addressing a issue Raff herself hadn't been willing to entertain yet. It wasn't a surprise to know she'd been caught, so to speak.. the woman didn't even know how to handle her condition let alone hide it so for someone who ran a business for the myriad of species it would have been child's play to identify her. Perhaps shock wasn't the right word for her feelings right now.. Unease, certainly. Relief? Oddly enough yes.. that was mixed in too. Were she a mild mannered woman Raff might have broke her silence, begged for help from someone who so easily guessed her situation, and yet that was not her nature at all. Instead the woman did what she always would: Raff took it as a challenge and adapted to the situation with grace.

The options on her plate, so to speak, where fairly simple. A live person, someone aware and willing.. or a glass, likely handed over by Cassarria herself and gods knew Raff wouldn't be able to choke that down smoothly. She could barely stomach it in the privacy of her home when it wasn't fresh... and even then... " How would I dare to refuse a free meal? I'm flattered Cass." There was a very, very simple law in this world and regardless of how uncomfortable the idea made her or how 'human' this woman seemed the strong would always recognize the flow of power.. and respect was a language only the cultured could understand. This was not a question of if Raff wanted help.. it was a statement that she needed it and though proud to her core she was not stupid. If someone, something, as experienced as Cass said it... Tipping her head back, sending her locks in another dark cascade with the motion, Raff lifted the delicate drink to her lips and neatly drained the sweet liquor with a refined air. Fruity, a faint touch of salt teasing her tongue.. and yet no trace of the burn it had once given her throat before the night of her abduction. A pain she hadn't expected to miss.. " I'll trust your choice of vintage, fresh would likely be best." Fresh meant privacy and unlike Cass... whomever she ended up in a room with would be far easier to avoid if something went wrong and she couldn't keep the blood down again. Still the idea of charity, even if forced upon her, was not something the woman would accept and true to that sentiment Raff sat her glass down softly; The regal shift of her chin admitting Cass's victory in the matter even as Raff matched her energy. " However I do feel I should thank you for the kindness; Hearthstone Enterprise has much to offer should you desire our services." In short.. A favor for a favor, Cass was certainly lacking for nothing and yet the influence of Raff's company and connections were nothing to sneeze at in this city. How the woman chose to use that favor... Well, Raff wouldn't dare to assume she knew the elder being's wants and whims and that was the point of her open offer. Box seats at a opera house? The assassination of a rival perhaps? Smuggled cargo even? Good relationships thrived on balance and she wouldn't insult her host by offering anything less than her best efforts. Besides... if this worked and she could actually keep something down Raff didn't want to regret not trying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:44 am
Dalia Thail

Cassarria gave a very pleased smile, her lips carrying a color that exactly matched her hair. And that shade of lava was so difficult to attain as well so that had been a deal worth making. Her sapphire eyes twinkled in satisfaction when Raff didn't bother to argue with her.

"Wonderful. We can discuss details later. After this meeting works as perfectly as I think it will," she gave a soft laugh that just screamed pleased satisfaction, "I know it will but I also know that you have to through the motions before you accept it. That's fine," she shrugged that away and motioned to the bartender.

When Laura walked over, Cassarria grinned, "Would you be a dear and call Rain up for me?" she requested simply. Laura didn't question it, she simply turned to the internal phone line for the building and placed a quiet call. Then she made Raff another drink and placed a second beside it with a wink.

That second drink wasn't for Raff, it was for whoever Cassarria had called for.

She reached out and briefly touched the back of Raff's hand, "You'll like him, Raff. Give him a chance. But I do have to give you one warning about him," she held up a perfectly manicured finger and met the younger woman's eyes with a gaze that was harder than stone, "You cannot tell anyone that he and his family are here. If it gets out the Church would descend on this city like an unholy cleansing fire and burn us all out. They are to be protected at all costs," she warned her firmly.

While Cassarria could protect the Club, she'd already done her part in protecting the city. If she had to deal with the Church's Hunters... Well... No one wanted to see those fires...

Any response from Raff about the warning was interrupted by someone else walking up.

He didn't just move through the crowd, he moved with a grace that was never human. He was wa easily taller than Raff and more muscular, but it was the muscle of an athlete rather than a body builder.

And he had a light coating of fur visible past the few pieces of clothing he was wearing. He wore a leather harness that crossed his chest, leather shorts that were a total tease, and boots that fit him more like socks than shoes. His fur was spotted in large rosettes yet was still beautiful despite being in different shades of brown. His eyes, though, were naturally darkly lined enough that it showed off the dark blue of his eyes.

He was basically human with fur in appearance but his movements as he reached between the two women to collect the second glass said he'd never been human. He took a sip from his glass and nodded to Laura before she moved on then he looked at Cassarria briefly. But he spoke in a purring baritone as he met Raff's eyes, "You sent for me, Cassarria?" he asked simply then took another sip from his glass.

Cassarria gave a pleased smile, "Rain, this is Raff. She's one of our local business owners. Raff, this is Rain. He's a Hylarr of the Iberian Lynx Clan. They've recently been relocated here and I offered them Sanctuary here," she made the introductions then seemed to melt into the crowd, leaving them alone.

Rain nodded to the vacated seat, "May I?" he asked politely if he could sit next to her. Speaking again revealed that the purr was simply a natural thing for him and just a part of his voice. What made his voice so good wasn't just the baritone or the natural purr to it, it was also the slight British accent. Not posh, but more country with manners. It still made him sound refined but sexy as sin whenever he spoke.

And on top of it all, he had manners...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:09 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

Politely Raff smiled, the motion offering a bit of friendly cheer to her porcelain features as she felt the warmth of Cass's touch on the back of her hand. It was so strange to realize her body felt so cold only when others touched her, almost like her own mind had forgotten what body heat felt like. Alas.. As far as new problems went with this condition that was pretty low on her list so the woman dismissed it with a mental wave. " I wouldn't endanger my favorite hide away, no one else has come close to Laura's skill in mixing drinks. Whatever else happens here is no one's business but yours." Light hearted banter answered Cass's soft warning, Raff's silken tone sounding slightly arrogant even as if she were protecting something of hers rather than just a establishment she enjoyed. It wasn't a decree of ownership but rather... commitment, in her own way. Raff liked this place; Cass would have nothing to worry about in regards to the young vampire keeping information about it to herself. Besides... the church likely wouldn't be too cozy with her either now, would they? To think her own father had been in bed with that organization for a fair few decades before pulling away from the Order to avoid getting caught up in their politics. b*****d or no, the man had been smart enough to know when to cut his losses... Pulled back from her thoughts by the sultry tone of her host Raff found herself locked in a stare with the new stranger Cass had called for as he drifted towards them smoothly, the woman making no attempt to hide her curious study of his feline features as if sincerely memorizing Rain's face. Habit again.. But she had to admit the name 'Rain' seemed to suit the strange man. Cass thought she would like him? Appearance-wise he was certainly beautiful if a bit alien and yet... Raff had to wonder exactly what Cass had meant by her words. She would like him if she gave him a chance..? Realizing she'd held his gaze while pondering her thoughts Raff didn't shy away from the connection though she did note Cass slipping away over the male's shoulder. May he? Ah, the gentleman wished to join her..

It would be a lie to say the woman didn't gently stroke her own thigh with the hand that had been resting in her lap even as she leaned forward and took her new glass with her free hand, her nails teasing the hidden edge of the taser tucked into her skirt pocket as if reassuring herself it was still there before taking a sip of her drink and setting it back down on the bar lightly. The alcohol eased some of the dryness in her mouth and Raff gave a curt nod to answer him; Her voice tactfully steady despite the edge of unease spiraling in her stomach. It wasn't his fault. Men, especially taller men, made her uncomfortable ever since the incident.. But she had no intention showing that. " You may." Keeping one hand in her lap she lifted the other to gently gesture at the seat Cass had relinquished, the deep shade of her nails stark against her pale fingers even in the soft light of the club. As odd as this situation was, if she looked at it like work it made it a little easier to process. " It is a pleasure to meet you, Rain." First... she had to get a grasp on just who she was dealing with and if he knew what he'd been dragged into. It wasn't that she doubted Cass... Rather, it was because Raff doubted herself. If she hurt this man, stranger or no... A rare flicker of guilt pursed Raff's lips before she could help it and the lady sighed softly, her extended hand lowering to rest on the bar in front of Rain's seat as she spoke in a velvet soft whisper to the man alone. " If this situation makes you uncomfortable say so now; I will handle Cass." It was a brisk offer of kindness, if not for the sincere lilt in her voice one might think she was ordering the male to run while he could. In truth she was trying to be considerate of him... even if it meant miffing Cass and having to choke down a glass of cooled blood after all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:20 am
Dalia Thail

Rain gave her a polite nod before taking the stool that Cassarria had vacated. Sitting somehow made him seem a bit smaller, not as much of a threat. That didn't mean he wasn't dangerous, he just seemed less is a threat to her.

At her offer, he gave a small smile and looked down as the fur over his cheeks puffed up a bit. That was a rare sight: a Hylarr Blush. And did look bashful as he sat there looking down for a moment as he tried to get himself back under control.

He finally got the fur to lay back down and looked up at her again, "Cassarria isn't forcing me into anything. If I didn't want to be here, trying to get to know you, then I wouldn't be here. And before you bring it up, I'll state that I have already made donations a few times. I have no problem with it. I understand vampire biology a bit better than most," he explained, doing his best to keep from blushing again.

He took another sip from his glass and considered it briefly before simply finishing it off then holding up to get Laura's attention for a refill. Such a basic thing to do and yet it seemed that he wasn't used to it. All in all, he did look out of place, even for the Club. If one looked around, all the shifters wore skin. On the other floors where other races mixed, they all wore a human appearance.

And yet, here he was, mixing among all of them wearing a full fur coat that he couldn't take off. Others were sweating around them thanks to the mix of bodies on the dance floor heating the place up and yet, here he sat as if he had no problem looking out of place here. Even his outfit looked like something from a more primitive place than New Houston.

After another moment he looked back to Raff and tilted his head slightly, "Why don't we just start with what would make you more comfortable? We can use one of the back sitting rooms where we can talk without everyone watching and we don't have to talk over the music. If itakes you more comfortable, we can leave the door open or even bring in a chaperone," he offered, just wanting to help her.

He was obviously trying to set her at ease and wasn't bothering to hide it. And he'd admitted that he knew about vampire biology, something that no one had explained to her.

He offered her another small smile, "I'll even answer questions about myself and the Hylarr, if you want to know. If I can't answer something, I'll tell you," he added in a hopeful tone, silently wondering what he could do to help her relax around him.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:03 pm
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

It was subtle, the way Raff's body shifted more to face the stranger as his words slid between the heavy noises of the bar, and yet there was no denying that the softly spoken man had gained the woman's full attention as he answered her. There wasn't a lie in his tone, unfamiliar as the voice was the man didn't portray any signs of deception that she could see.. And small part of her brooded on that insight. It meant he was either sincere or a damn good liar. Liars she could handle... But there was only honesty in his body language and the pitch of his purring voice. Lifting the hand from her lap Raff's fingers absently sought out the delicate gold chain that graced her neck, her fingers teasing the simple accessory as if the motions soothed her as she weighed his offer and pondered his motives. It was perhaps a little odd if one looked closely at the chain she so gently stroked; The lovely yet painfully simple necklace lacking even basic adornments despite the rest of the woman's outfit and accessories seeming 'polished' and a bit flashy. While all of her fashion pieces were precious in her mind nothing quite came close to the sentimental value of her mother's heirloom.. and nothing offered the same comforting warmth against her fingers as it steadily became her pseudo 'worry stone ' over the years. " As long as it is out of self interest , not force, I would appreciate a chance to work with you on this matter. Please call me Raff." Raff's voice, when it came, was soft yet determined as she finally felt comfortable with the variables of their situation and as if reinforcing her own resolve the woman slid her free hand off of the counter to hover between them gracefully as if to shake his own.

Information was tempting and frankly.. Raff wasn't a idiot. Nerves? Fear? Of course she felt them. Anyone would... but Raff didn't have the luxury or inclination to humor such stalling sentiments. This man was offering insight and his own safety; Regardless of 'why' he was doing it Raff could respect him for how he was handling their conversation. It wasn't lost on her that he was trying to soothe her, even with how out of place he himself seemed it was obvious Rain was taking steps to look after her well-being and that awareness did much to ease her initial hesitation towards him. " Privacy would likely be best for this conversation.. But I warn you, much of this is quite new to me and I have many questions."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:19 pm
Dalia Thail

Rain gave her a small reassuring smile and nodded then patiently listened to her, his eyes observing her actions. He knew the action with the necklace was a nervous action, a simple movement that no one else would pay attention to. He didn't say anything. He knew he didn't need to draw attention to the action or her nervousness.

After she agreed to moving, he gave her another nod and stood. He looked at Laura first, "Send us a couple of drinks in the back?" he asked simply, gaining a nod and a wave.

He offered a hand to Raf simply to help her from her stool then led the way through the crowd. Having his back in front of her allowed her to see that he had light brown hair braided and hanging to the middle of his back. He also had a short tail. His clan referred to it as a Stubby. He still wasn't sure about the name but it had stuck by now.

He led her into the back hallway, which was open to the customers during the hours the club was open. The pounding of the music faded as they moved down the hallway until he found an open door and led the way inside.

The private room was one of the tamer ones, more set up for conversation. The small couch and plush chairs were meant for comfort, the small tables were meant to hold drinks. The walls were a soothing pale tan with the furniture in a darker tone.

Rain waited patiently for her to sit first then moved to push the door mostly closed, leaving it open enough for her to feel comfortable, then took a seat in one of the chairs.

He leaned forward with his hands threaded together , "So... What do you want to know first?" he asked her, letting her lead with what she wanted to know. He'd answer anything she asked, but he wanted to give her a little control over the whole situation.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:52 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

There it was again. Cautious yet kind intentions.. Following him into the secluded room Raff didn't show the traces of agitation building in her chest; Instead the woman made it a point to look around as he led her and if they weren't having a serious meeting at the moment Raff could admit she would have loved to browse the room a bit more leisurely.. Alas, it was an adventure for later and the woman turned her mind back to the conversation at hand as she allowed her typical mask to slip a little in their relative seclusion. Confidence.... and a deceptively small fleck of determination glittered in her stare as she sat and listened to the stranger speak. His physical appearance was slowly becoming less strange the more she studied him and, tactful though she was with it, the woman had taken a fair bit of their walk to size the male up quietly. As soon as Rain gave her the reigns of the conversation however... His gentle attitude mixed with the safety of their isolation and her own starved exhaustion finally snapped her self restraint. In one fluid motion Raff slid out of her seat and swept across the distance between them, her deceptively slender fingers on her right hand threading through the strap of his chest harness as she yanked the male closer.. bending down herself until the pair were nose-to-nose and she had a clear view of his charming feline gaze. " With due respect, I'm not made out of glass Rain. I appreciate your concern but.. stop acting like I'm going to bolt for the door." The temper snapping behind her stormy blue eyes was obvious as the young vampire allowed a little of her unusual strength to show, her grip on his clothing careful but intentionally firm. Normally it was fine when people treated her as a meek woman, socially she even encouraged it to maintain her image, but tonight? With no prying eyes and a ungodly pain in her throat? Perhaps she was just 'hangry' yet the way this male danced on eggshells for her sake was alien and a little unsettling. Rather than risk his kindness softening her resolve Raff chose to address it and drive her point home with her first question.

" How do I avoid killing when I bite?" Of the plethora of questions that had raged in her soul since that horrible night... This one was the first and foremost off of her lips. Rain was large and likely strong enough to stop her if things went poorly... but she'd caused too many deaths to assume anyone was safe near her. " I'm not naive enough to think I can undo this... condition. But I will control it. I.." For the first time in what felt like ages Raff felt herself stumble mentally, the rigid grip she'd kept on herself unintentionally relaxing as traces of curiosity and hope wormed their way into her heart. The prospect of finding a cure was frankly unlikely, she'd already researched it and ultimately decided against that fruitless path. Acceptance didn't mean resignation however and if possible Raff didn't want to embrace her impulses to mercilessly prey upon others. The memory of that burning pain laced through her shoulder and against her will Raff felt a fine shudder slip down her spine even as the woman gave a temperamental tilt of her head; Clearly vexed by his attempt to handle her delicately and the fact that she'd almost said something... Emotional. I.. what? The woman asked herself skeptically, her mind thrifting through the wealth of things she wanted to say until one truth swelled past her frustration. I don't want to hurt you. Such a simple sentiment and yet the words wouldn't come out, the implications of giving them a voice bordering too closely to expressing a vulnerability for her pride to allow. Instead her grip on his harness loosened, her fingers lightly smoothing the strap down on this chest as if readjusting it for him would lessen any offense she'd caused him. " .. I understand you are experienced, but I am not. This is dangerous for you so if we are going through with it I need you to stop trying to worry about my feelings and focus on protecting yourself."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:49 am
Dalia Thail

Reactions were a telling thing at times. Observation could be a useful tool for the right person at the right time. If one used all their senses coming out on top was a guarantee.

Rain wasn't that difficult to figure out, if one knew what to look for. Since she wasn't familiar with the Hylarr, it wasn't much of a surprise that she'd gotten him wrong. But he did find that amusing.

He didn't fight as she used his chest harness to pull him to his feet. Instead he grinned at her demands and started purring at her aggression.

He gave a soft chuckle, "My lady... I am no ones victim. Look down," he told her through the soothing sound of his rolling purr.

A glance down showed that he had a dagger in hand that was angled for a perfect heart shot. Where had the dagger come from?

He used his other hand to slowly raise her chin so she could meet his eyes, "I'm not treating you like that because I think you're weak, Raff... I treat you with respect and a justifiable degree of caution," he explained to her softly, his purr still rolling through the room as he pulled the blade back and tucked it away.

He had more than a few of them in very well hidden sheaths. And he was about to show her another trick.

He moved in against her, his body invading her personal space without any fear at all. He raised his empty hand and flexed his fingers to show that his 'nails' were actually sharp claws as he trailed one of those claws lightly down her cheek.

"I may willingly submit to letting you feed from me. But I am a predator too. I am not weak. And I have survived much worse than a fledgling vampire," he whispered to her before finally taking a step back and taking his seat again calmly.

He gestured to her seat, "I know that in your world manners mean a great deal. In mine, they are essential. Foremost among those manners is respect for a female. I show you respect, not because you have to earn it, but because you deserve it. So I decided to talk before any aggression happened. I didn't take your lack of control into account," he explained as his purr went down a few notches but didn't stop.

Once she'd taken her seat again, he motioned to the cracked door and watched as a waitress came in and put their drinks on the tables beside them then left them alone again.

"Now then... A little biology lesson. First, a vampire's first feeding usually ends in a fatality unless they are supervised by a stronger vampire. Second, the stomach can hold a limited amount. You cannot exceed that amount. If you kill someone at this point, it's because you feed sloppily," he started to explain then took a brief drink from his glass and set it down again.

"Next... How to keep from killing... The answer to that is control. I don't doubt you have control to have lasted this long. There are still ways to snap you back to yourself. Some vampires will allow something to trigger a pain response. That usually does the trick," he continued calmly, his purr still present but felt more than heard.

"For this time, I would allow you to feed while standing behind me. I can still reach you with either a blade or my claws if you get lost. I would simply ask where you're willing to take a brief wound. You know you'll be healed before you leave but it would snap you back," he started the negotiations, knowing that she'd appreciate the need for it.

He knew he'd probably shocked the hell out of her but he'd also made his point that while he was going to allow her to feed from him, he was not a victim. He wasn't going to be prey.

Of course, he'd also shown that he really liked her aggression. So he obviously didn't like passive or weak females. And Raff was fitting his type perfectly...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:20 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

Somewhat reassured from his retort, and the fact the man had the sense to arm himself, Raff didn't back down as he stepped closer and dared to touch her with that sharp claw of his.. Though, to be fair, it was equal parts bravery and intrigue that held her ground as he invaded her space and spread the warmth of his taller frame along her skin. It would have been soothing if she couldn't still feel the prickle of that claw of his on her cheek even as he backed away and returned to the seat she'd pulled him out of moments earlier. Even as a child on the streets she didn't spend much time around felines and yet she had a distinct feeling that the noise coming from him wasn't a negative one. Still, Raff wasn't going to let some charming sound distract her and now that she'd dropped her socialite facade the woman didn't see the point in hiding her bolder nature. When he motioned for her to sit again Raff didn't hesitate; The woman neatly crossing her legs at the knee as she clasped either elbow in her opposing palms and lifted her interlocking arms up until they rested snuggly under her bust. The fact that this pushed said bust higher was unintentional and yet she wasn't oblivious to it either, rather... She was watching Rain's reaction as she weighed his words thoughtfully. " .. Even strong predators can be prey if they're being hunted, wouldn't you say?" It was a bit forward to imply he was at risk of being pursued, albeit in a less violent manner, and honestly Raff herself didn't quite let herself think too deeply on her own whimsical teasing of the man. Intimidation hadn't worked and he seemed confident that he was safe enough.. But daggers and fangs were not the only method of attack he should be wary of and his refusal to back down had sparked her interest even as her temper continued to simmer in her veins. Raff was behaving... but she wasn't cowering away and the regal shake of her head made it clear she was drawing a line in the proverbial sand against any further attempts on his part to coddle her in the name of manners.

Rain made a good point, loathed as her spirited agitation was to concede to that fact. His way of doing things was simply different, reminding her that it wasn't just his physical appearance that deviated from the humans she was so familiar with. Oddly, despite her adamant resistance of it, she didn't hate it.. But unlike all the empty flattery and conniving 'kindnesses' of those she normally dealt with this man's sincerity made her uneasy. It felt like a trap, as if she wouldn't be able to escape if she allowed him to continue. So.. Raff did what she did best. Erecting a mental wall between herself and the potential weakness; Respectfully and firmly turning off of the topic to focus on his insights into Vampiric knowledge. It didn't offend her that he was right; If anything his shrewd approach to the issue visibly had her relaxing as her mind turned from her emotional reactions to a realistic consideration of how this was going to go. Raff's lashes swept low as her tone softened with a vaguely amused sigh. " You'll have to remain sitting if that is the position you want. I do not think I'm tall enough to bite you comfortably otherwise and I doubt you want me sitting in your lap given we just met."

Absently Raff's head dipped forward in thought, the long tendrils of her bangs sliding loose to feather out over her eyes gently as she fixed her stare on the clawed fingers Rain had touched her with. Pain, was it... Those claws would do but.. " I can handle pain just don't.. hug or grab me. It won't end well for either of us." Her lips pursed with displeasure as something occurred to her and, as if it were entirely natural, Raff released her grip on her arms to instead reach for the tactfully rolled cuffs of her sleeves. Deftly, as if testing her own theory, the woman rolled the fabric higher carefully until the bunched folds rested at her elbows and she could study the bared skin of her forearms in the room's comforting light. There was still a risk but.. Lifting her stare towards Rain there was a serious tone to her voice as she shared her concerns. " ... This much exposed skin should be fine? I don't wish to tear or stain my shirt if you have to wound me." To anyone else that thought would be ridiculous no doubt. To Raff..? She took care of her belongings... and if she meant to or not her words made it clear she trusted this strange man not to hurt her more than necessary.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 10:58 am
Dalia Thail

Rain felt his feral nature trying to react to her but pushed it down enough that she wouldn't see that part of himself. Well, not yet anyway. There was plenty of time. He reminded himself that humans, and former humans, weren't comfortable with the primal side of life. It was why he stayed on the Shifter and Demon floors of the club.

"Our females would never be described as prey... Even when they want to Run, we know that they are still the predator," he said with a purring grin. When she raised one eyebrow at him, he had to give a deep chuckle, "That's how one of our females chooses a male. She Runs. Whoever can catch her has the possibility of winning the prize. It's still her decision in the end. But that's their version of early foreplay," he told her honestly.

Yes, their females got the choice of males. They got that. Once Marked... Well, he'd seen more than one couple enjoying a playful 'hunt' that usually led to... Well, one got the idea...

He gave a nod to her preparations and took another drink from his glass before moving to kneel in the center of the room and tilting his head to the side to give her access to his neck. Ordinarily, he'd offer his wrist to a vampire. But he freely admitted that he wanted her hands on him.

He found her prickly and feisty despite her calm and collected image. He wanted to see more of it. And yes, he wanted to see wanted to see more of her skin as well. But he could play the patient game with her. More fun that way...

His purr went deeper as she moved behind him and put her hands on his shoulders. That wouldn't do....

He reached up and pulled her arms around him, one around his chest to grip at his harness, "You need to hold your feed securely. For the safety of both," he told her, not bothering to hide that he was enjoying this.

He knew that he was going to be making some pleased noises when she bit him but he couldn't help that. He did enjoy a vampire feeding on him. But he was also enjoying her body pressed against his and the way her other hand absently petted his fur. He wasn't truly soft but did have a mix of textures to feel when he was petted. And he liked her petting him...

"Feed, Raff..." He wanted to say more than that but he held back for now. She wasn't ready for the more intimate wording he usually spoke in this moment. But he did know that she'd still be able to smell his desire if she knew what to smell for. He couldn't help that. He was just wired that way...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dalia Thail
Crew

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:06 am
User Image

Red Gypsy

Serafina Hearthstone
~ Raff ~

It was warm... Initially tense at being pulled against the man's back Raff's slender frame started to relax as his body heat seeped into her through the contact. Her face had, in the sudden jolt, found itself buried in the crook of the male's neck and despite the gentle tickle of fur against her nose the woman had to admit there was something comforting in the thick scent that enveloped her. Spiced yet earthy, if she had to guess from his behavior and that deep rumbling it wasn't a stretch to figure out what this particular smell meant... " .. running could be fun." The words were said quietly under her breath, Raff herself not quite noticing she'd voiced her thoughts into the firm shoulder against her lips as her mind traced his words about his people's mating habits. Sometimes it was fun being chased yes... But Raff had to admit there was a particularly warped sense of joy she felt at struggling for power rather than playing a elusive game. Culture clash perhaps.. But he didn't seem to mind her personality so far. Tightening her grip on his harness as he suggested Raff took advantage of the fact that he could see her, the inky black of her mascara coated lashes flickering down as she closed her eyes and allowed her lips to part. It was.. disorienting.. how easily her mouth found the most promising vein under his skin; Despite the coo of his voice bidding her to bite the woman still resisted for a moment, her mind trying to lock down the fluttering sensation in her stomach. It wasn't until the male shifted ever so slightly in her embrace that instinct won and her fangs lengthened to puncture his flesh before she could help it. A distinctly sweet flavor hit her tongue.. Then nothing else registered as Raff's smaller frame cuddled up to his back and her nails lightly sank into his silken pelt sharply.

It wasn't clear how long it lasted.. The pulsing pain that raced up her arm was enough to shock the vampire out of her stupor and with a startled jerk Raff yanked her hand from Rain's piercing grip against his chest harness. This distance between them caused two issues.. Raff could see the tiny marks she had left on him and now she was keenly aware of the thick liquid still coating her tongue. Her body didn't hurt anymore and yet, as so frequently happened, that sickly gagging sensation started working it's way from the pit of her stomach. Dread filled her as Raff untangled herself from Rain and stumbled backwards; Her thigh hitting the table that held their drinks as she lifted her hands over her mouth and fought the rising blood in her throat. Shattering glass signalled the ill fate of their drinks and vaguely Raff felt the resulting mixture soaking a wet spot into her skirt at the hip but.. her body couldn't stop its instinctive retreat even as a little trail of blood started to seep from the corner of her lips and between the mesh of her fingers.The place where Rain's claw had pierced her on the back of her hand was already mending, the itch of knitting flesh only vaguely registering as Raff fought herself viciously to keep the blood down. The fangs in her mouth were stubbornly still protruding, she could feel the pearly white points against her tongue.. Hells.

Human Realms - NA Region

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff