Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:46 pm
User Image
It was the morning after a rather terrible night for Glyndwr. What could go wrong all day and than all night had happened and he was feeling the effects of it. He was tired. Not so tired that he was swaying on his feet or wobbling as he walked. But tired enough that he was yawning every few minutes, unintentionally showing off his sharp predatory teeth to everyone around him. Some would take that as a threatening display, showing them what weapons he had to start a fight with. Hopefully most who looked his way would just think he was tired. If it came down to it, Glyn could fight just as well as the next lion. But if he didn't have to, he really didn't want to. Violence wasn't really his style, though a pure passive life wasn't, either.

Shaking his mane after one rather large yawn in an attempt to force himself awake a bit more, Glyn stretched out his front legs, extending his claws over the dirt and making little scratches in it. At least the world around him had finally calmed down. In a few hours he would be wanting something to eat. He dearly hoped it went better than it did the previous day, when he just couldn't catch anything. That was partly the reason he was so tired now, the other being all the animals all night making so much noise so close to his ears. If he couldn't catch anything today, either, he might just settle in with the antelope herds and start eating grass full time. At least grass stayed in one spot and didn't fight back.

Giving another yawn, Glyn stood up straight, looking around him. Maybe a walk would help. He picked a random direction and started down it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rai sat looking around, she didn't have the best eyesight, but she could see enough to let her hunt. She hadn't hunted since forever, but she had to prove to herself that she could do it on her own, no one was forcing her, but she was tired of everyone being annoyed with her. But they were gone, long gone, she abandoned her family, all they did was make her feel like a waste of life just because she couldn't see perfectly. She had hunted and did her part, but they just wouldn't stop making her feel like a burden.

She rubbed her eyes, and looked aruond, nothing, there were no animals to hunt, oh wait. She blinked and saw something blue, that would be a good candidate for food. She got excited and went down to crawling, slowly going towards it, it looked tasty, she hoped it wasn't a blue rock, oh, no it moved, and was moving. This was her chance!!! She snuck closer and closer, wanting nothing more then a good meal. But as she got closer and closer, she realized it was a large male, ohh, he was a light blue with gray main, he was a looker, that's for sure. She stood up to make her presence known and she faed a cough to get the males attention. Maybe they could team up or maybe friendship? She hadn't had a friend since her sisters and brothers. but she was tired of the pity.

Hello, my name is Rai, She smiled at him, hoping her smile would win him over, she didn't want enemies, so she was hoping friends would be a good thing, and he was alone too, so they had that in common.  

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:09 pm
Glyn was more focused on putting one foot in front of the other than in where he was going. Or what and who was around him. He was debating finding a river or pond to dunk his head in to force himself awake when he finally noticed he was no longer as alone as he thought he was. Or rather, someone was making noise in one of his ears as his eyes were focused on the horizon in front of him.

"Huh?" He stopped in his tracks, blinking a few times before turning his head to the pretty lioness who looked like she'd jumped down from the night sky. Whether she had in fact done just that was up for debate.

Blinking a few more times, Glyn straightened himself and shot back a friendly smile of his own. No need to be rude, even if it was unintentional.

"Good morning. My name is Glyndwr, though you are welcome to just call me Glyn." He sat down, curling his tail around his body. "I don't suppose you've also had a rough time sleeping?"

CryptidCat13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:58 pm
"Ohh, hunting, yes, you see I have bad eyesight, so my pride kept leaving me out and rejecting me when id ask to hunt too so I left my full of jerks pride and am trying to find food. But now that you mention it i am a little tired." She frowned a little. "Haven't eaten in a few days, but i caught a rabbit, and it tasted really good! my hunting skills are good, i just need to see the color and im off!! but havent seen much, I thought you were my next meal, bbut i think you are even better then a meal." she laughed at the thought of Glyn as a meal. "if i had known you were so big and strong, i would have run the other way." he was rather dashing, and so nice, maybe they could hang out? " Um, would you like to hang out and when you wake up, maybe go hunting together, i may have a little bad eye sight, but id go right after you, when we circle a prey, me in the front, you behind. it will work out." she pawed at the ground nervously, afraid of rejection.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:19 pm
Sensory overload. That was the first thing that came to Glyn's mind. This lioness liked to talk and, while he also didn't think that was a bad thing, given his current lack of sleep, it was making him feel a tad dizzy. He closed his eyes for a moment and sat down, processing a reply in his head before opening them back up and speaking.

"Hm? No, I asked if you had a rough night, too," he responded quietly, but still loud enough to be heard easily. He tilted his head slightly, one ear focused behind him for sound while his tail curled around his legs, the tuft between his front paws. "I'm not going back to sleep. But I don't plan on hunting right now, either. Maybe if something were to wander this way. I don't hear anything right now." Glyn glanced up at the sky, noting the position of the sun. A good hour, though with how he was feeling, felt like the break of dawn. "Quite the accomplishment to hunt with bad eyesight," he added, looking back at the other lion and smiling.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:53 am
"Oh sorry, no, i just was scared to be alone. No protectors, its really hard not being in a pride, but I had to leave,, they were never nice to me and they barely even talk to me. Do you have a pride? Oh and k, no hunting, I can wait. Why are you having problem sleeping? Did something happen, or is something bothering you?" She yawned again, she didn't have problem falling asleep, but she did have trouble not being scared and waking up often, at every noise. She was scared she was scaring him off because now she can talk to lions, and she just let it all pour out. She would have to be careful of what she said from now on. She smiled at Glyn, and hoped he wasn't annoyed with her. "Well if you are tired, why don't we do something to wake you up, got anything in your mind that would work?" She liked how polite Glyn was, and again, he was quite the cutie, she loved his gray hair and liked his color blue too, they went together very well. She sat and relaxed a bit, as she had to fear of him. But she heard of horror stories of lions being attacked when they were alone.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:10 pm
"I've known lionesses to be very fierce," Glyn commented, flexing his toes and claws in the dirt at his feet. Especially when they were protecting their cubs. His own mother could be quite the scary being when faced with hyenas nearby. It didn't matter if he and his siblings were almost grown, she was always sure to show hyenas her teeth until they got the message and moved away. "But I can understand. You never know what or who is out in the roguelands. I've never been in a pride myself. Haven't found the right one, I guess."

He stopped kneading his paws in the dirt and looked around a bit before answering the next questions. "Where I was a few miles back is very noisy at night. Even the crickets made sure to make their sound right by my ears." He chuckled a bit. It was quite funny to think about now. Though it was hardly funny at the time, when he was trying so hard to push his paws into his ears to drown everything out.

Glyn looked up at the sky, thinking for a moment what would wake him up. Hunting was all that sprang to mind. Or diving into a pond or river. The cold water would surely do it. But he decided he was fine just sitting here, for now. Just staying awake would help over time. "No, I'm fine."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:18 am
"oh, when one day I have cubs, I will be just like your mom, no one messes with my babies. I can be pretty tough when i want to be. But i have nothing to be tough 0ver right now, just relaxing, and taking my time." She started pawing at her tail, because she was a little was nervous. "Do you mind if I sit with you and chat for awhile? Promise I will relax, just not used to meeting new lions. I was scared at first, thought you might attack me, but was thinking if i started a convo, that would calm you down. I know its dangerous to be on your own. But I'm pretty brave, but i don't think i could take you on, you are a giant compared to me." She giggled. Since I left my pride, my self esteem has doubled." She smiled at him, she as having a good time with Glyn.  

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:50 am
Glyn arched an eyebrow, not sure which end of what to believe from this lioness. He was no more a claimed giant to her than a hippo was to a rhino.

"No, I don't suppose I would mind," he answered cheerfully enough, never breaking the smile on his face. Even if it had slipped a bit when he raised an eyebrow. Glyn was not the type to purposely offend someone if he could help it. Even the meanest of creatures he'd try to find the good in them. Everyone had a reason for how they were, no one was born that way. "Sure, it can be dangerous on your own. Especially if you're going to fear every lion that crosses your path. Body language is important. A threatening lion isn't going to walk with their shoulders slumped and their head hanging low." He chuckled at the image. He supposed it could happen, if said lion was having a grumpy day and someone said the wrong thing or got in the way. It was really hard to judge someone based just off what you saw in the first impression.

But hang on a minute...

"Just like my mother? I never mentioned my mother. Do I know you from somewhere and am just forgetting?"  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games