Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Come and Fly Away With Me (Demodeth/Alenciath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:33 am
Alenciath been absolutely luminous in the lull that followed Threadfall, Fahn had noted to herself. Certainly, lessons and words had a way of briefly allowing one to brace themself with some expectation but she imagined it was much in the same way that candidacy had braced her for impression - not much at all.

She'd been needy all morning - she particular about how she was scrubbed, particular about how she was laying in her sandy wallow, particular, particular, want, want, want. Even the play that Fahn could still offer the green hadn't been enough and it had been compounding into a tightly wound spring of desire. Distractingly so, in fact and once the morning drills had given way to afternoon sweeps and searches, it all boiled up to a head.

"Just go already," Fahn stated firmly, certain that if she didn't urge Alenciath up the green was going to simply crawl into someone's skin out of burning need.

Little prompting was needed as the petite green launched herself skyward. Certainly, she'd make her call for her suitors, but - Demodeth - I know it is not naps, but surely you can come and play in the skies with me? it simply would not have done for him to not be there, she needed him to be there - even if she'd have to needle him to come if her first call didn't work.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:48 pm
Needling Demodeth would not be necessary.

He had been distracted as well, and though R'in had most definitely noticed, he hadn't puzzled out why until the situation grew too obvious to miss. At Alenciath's call, the bronze leaned forward on his ledge, watching the glittering green dart over the weyr. He rolled to his feet, eyes swirling an uncertain purple as if he wasn't quite sure how to proceed. Taking a deep breath, Demodeth opened his thoughts to her as he leapt into the air. In them were hundreds of moments of discovery and laughter and fierce, unwavering love, all the way back to before they had been shelled.

I am not in the mood to sleep. And yes, I will join you in this game. He seemed almost sheepish, a bit tucked into himself as he built up speed to follow, at least until he felt a brush of support from his rider. Demodeth unfolded slowly, claws spreading wide to catch the afternoon breeze. Lead the way.

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:59 pm
Absolute joy rushed through her - all the way back to Fahn - as Demodeth took to the skies upon her call. A flare of her wings and she pushed herself up - up, up, up, UP! Good! It will be a very fun game, you know! I will fly very fast! And you'll have to keep up! her mental voice was absolutely brimming with delight at how he always, always indulged her so. And it has to be played with you most of all!

Any shyness or uncertainty was ignored, or perhaps brushed aside, as she returned his open thought with a wave of love. Being an egg felt so, so long ago and it was truly, hardly as fun as getting to run across the Weyrbowl and test out their wings for the first time. Though she never really felt as though she had flown until right then. Fly, fly, fly - it burned in her so passionately and it spilled over to him, every little needling sensation burning in her flesh.

'Up' and 'Fly' were easy instincts to follow, even if she had to avoid the fact they weren't actually alone. She was polite enough to not ignore the rest of her company, but - You know you're my favorite here, right? It could have just been you and been perfect.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:32 pm
To be honest, they might as well have been alone for all that he was paying attention to the other dragons giving chase. Demodeth chuckled, so focused on her wordless chant that he barely recalled what he found so amusing.

Fly. Oh. Right. He was her favorite. Alenciath's words warmed him, spurring him skyward at a speed he was sure he had never reached before.

Fly. He was untethered, unrestrained, unmoored, but he still wasn't quick enough.

Fly. Surely there is another who you like more than me. Maybe a handsome brown or a blue who isn't so... His voice remained suffused with teasing delight, but he was only half kidding about the blue. Demodeth had never felt so slow in his life. Or so frustrated. His only comfort was that he wasn't at all exhausted, and wasn't likely to be any time soon.

It will be just me in the end, you'll see.

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:49 am
Demodeth's teasing was answered with a flood of amusement - Blues are very fast! But you are neither blue nor brown! She could have left him in her dust, likely the quickest thing in the sky already without being spurred on by biology, but that simply would not have done. No, Alenciath wasn't about to simply hand herself over yet, but it would be a very lonely sky if she simply zipped away heedlessly.

His assertion was answered with a trumpet of delight. You promise?

Higher, higher - Fahn had to tether the green to keep her from simply sailing upwards into dangerous heights, likely all the way to the Red Star if she'd been allowed to simply go where her fancies entirely took her. She may have had more stamina than her size should have allowed for - even more than some of those aforementioned blues - but Alenciath was still only a tiny green.

Do you know where the end is, Demodeth? she asked, hinting prelude to mischief - and perhaps that she was, indeed, at her limits to keep pushing upwards despite her best efforts.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:45 am
His promise went unspoken as he pressed on, growing bolder with every dragon that fell out of Alenciath's range. He even rolled into a couple of unnecessary corkscrew spins, his chase a touch less frantic now that he had declared his intent. Just him.

The end is wherever you say, both in the sky and on the ground. I will carry you wherever you ask. Your ledge. My ledge. Someone else's. In his head, R'in's mild embarrassment over that suggestion was met with gleeful mirth. There was a distant spot, deep within Demodeth's mind, that wondered if he would share that embarrassment once all was said and done, but even that rational blip knew the answer would be no. He twirled again.

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:16 am
Demodeth had never made empty promises, at least not to her, so Alenciath didn't actually need his spoken confirmation. His spins and twirls were answered with her own mimicries of them. He knew the dances she liked, after all, and it was easy to fall into pattern with him.

Carry me back to where you like best, Demodeth - you'll be there so that is where it has to be. There had never been a doubt in her mind that it had to be him. Not out of impoliteness to any others who had been interested, of course. It had simply always been him.

So take me to the end - or the start again. she appealed with a wave of shining adoration, a brand only for him, before she tucked her wings in to drop.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:00 pm
With the choice left to him, Demodeth picked the most pedestrian option, despite his earlier cheekiness. It wasn't really a surprise.

While he hadn't deliberately watched any other greenflights, not wanting to be nosy, there were a lot of rising greens around here. Not all of them had been avoidable. But even if he hadn't borne witness to other dragons' private affairs, he was pretty sure he would have known what to do. As soon as Alenciath's wings folded, he was there, wrapping his forearms around her and twining his tail with hers. They fell back toward Pern for a dangerously long time before the bronze's wings snapped wide and he arced back up toward his own ledge, high on the edge of the caldera.

It had the best view, after all.

demon_pachabel
🦴

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:37 pm
It did have a nice view. Her little beach wallow was nice, but the ocean was the ocean no matter what spot along the beach she lounged at to look upon it. Alenciath was content to be tucked up against Demodeth's side, even if it was hardly the first time she had been. Once he'd become big enough for her to comfortably lay on top of it had become a new aspect of the game of Naps after all.

That burning, unsettling, pressing need that had sent Alenciath skyward had mostly faded now, left with lingering tendrils that whirled in the remaining purples of her eyes as she looked up towards Demodeth.

You chose a very good spot, she hummed, carefully stretching up against his side to nose at his cheek, trying to make it a casual gesture as though she wasn't half his size.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm
It took a minimal amount of effort for Demodeth to shift and press his nose to the top of her head, which was convenient considering how tired he was. He continued nuzzling down the length of her neck, nudging her shoulder before raising his head and opening his jaws in a wide yawn. The alluring heat beneath her hide had lessened, and the knowledge that he had been the one to calm her filled him with quiet satisfaction.

I'm glad you approve. She had been up here before, of course, but not like this. Demodeth paused, anticipation building around him like a human taking a deep breath before speaking, but he couldn't come up with anything to say that would convey what he was feeling. Instead, he sent her all of his joy and jittering excitement for the future, his wing curling over hers.

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:41 am
She let out a small trill of delight at his show of affection, leaning her head against his shoulder once he'd settled again. It was fortunate, for all of Alenciath's supposed knowledge that it had to be him, that Demodeth hadn't been called away on some sweep away elsewhere when she'd finally flung herself skyward.

They were fortunate to be young with a whole future ahead of them. She answered his jittering emotions with the most stable, unchanging ones she had. Her gratitude to have him so near always, his ever-constant support, patience, and most of all; her love. How lucky you weren't hard to find.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:13 am
He supposed he had been just as sure he loved her from the beginning, that they would be together for as long as they lived, he simply hadn't known how. This was far more than "playing" naps. But she could feel all of that even when he didn't go out of his way to share it. Maybe there was no need to tell her.

I will always be here when you call. Demodeth knew that wasn't entirely true, that their duties certainly had the ability to separate them, possibly forever, but thoughts like that were too pragmatic for this moment. He shifted, drawing his arm closer so that he could lower himself and bring his head to her level. As long as you're happy, I am too. When he was with her, at least. Everyone else could live with the lukewarm shoulder.

demon_pachabel

Smerdle

Scamp

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas