[PRP] We Meet Again (Teohe/Haraven)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:36 am
Teohe was exceptionally comfortable - even moreso than usual, which was saying something for someone who delighted in having an excess of pillows. There was a lot her little hut by the beach yet lacked, since she hardly had the means to fit it out anything more than sparingly at this point, but she at least had plenty of pillows. But pillows weren't what was keeping her comfortable and warm on this particular morning.

She was no stranger to Flights, but this was the first time she'd let herself get caught up in one since she'd come to Western. The one time Tiossith had yet deigned to chase, finicky as he was, it had been the middle of the night, and she'd opted to simply stay in bed and endure it. But with Kleoth's timing, she'd actually been around other people, and well...

Teohe peeked up at the tall, lean young man she was cuddled against; while not a shy, wilting little wallflower, she wasn't precisely outgoing, either, and it had been awhile since she'd been with anyone. She also couldn't quite decide if it was better that she'd fallen in with someone she knew, or if a stranger would have been safer. Because she did actually rather like Haraven.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:06 pm
It was quiet.

Too quiet.

The man had been in a deep sleep when his dream was interrupted by something unusual for the Candidate Barracks -- quiet. Peace. There were no peeping baby fire-lizards keeping his fellow Candidates awake at all odd hours; there were no sounds of footfalls or rummaging through chests as they began to prepare for the day. In fact, as far as he could tell, neither Puddles nor Evergreen were curled up on either side of him....

But there were pillows. Lots of pillows. And someone warm cuddling up to him instead.

The realization that he was in someone's bed did stir him more fully awake. Opening his eyes, the night came back to him in a rush. Kleoth's flight had hit him harder than usual. While it wasn't his first time caught up in a flight, admittedly, it had been a bit of time since he'd last entertained. But where was he? And with who?

Shifting himself, though not removing his hold on the other, Haraven peeked down at the girl in his arms. Thankfully, it was a face he recognized, and one he knew as a budding friend. Teohe. Well, the morning was getting better and better--assuming she had as nice a time as he had. The only awkward thing about flight lust was knowing how the other party would react. Hopefully this wouldn't tarnish their friendship.

Unsure if she was fully awake or not, Haraven let his fingers trace a few small patterns against her arm. "You awake?" He asked quietly, just above a whisper. If she were asleep he might not stir her from her slumber; if she was awake, it was her choice to answer. He was surely in no rush.

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:43 am
"Mm," was Teohe's muffled answer from where she'd tucked her head against his chest after her little peek, while she let the memories wash over her now that the haze was gone. It felt nice when he traced his fingers over her arm, and she let out a small sigh before tilting her head to look up at him, a faint blush warming her cheeks. "Good morning..."

Haraven really was very handsome, and sweet, and she hoped...she hoped he didn't mind that this had happened. She made no move to go anywhere, or even stretch - it felt wonderful to be held like this, and she'd like to savor it for as long as she could, if he was amenable. She shifted only a little, to better accomodate that he had done the same, keeping herself tucked close. Perhaps that was a mistake on her part; she'd always been prone to falling too easily into crushes, and she'd already had a bit of one even before this. And the last time she'd gotten carried away with such feelings, it hadn't ended well.

But surely, Haraven was nothing like him...right? They were friends, of a sort, and he'd been there to help when she'd had her accident, and visited her after. He was a good person, she reassured herself, so of course it would be fine.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:56 pm
Haraven couldn't keep from smiling, and though he was far from feeling smug, he was genuinely happy by how this had all turned out. Teohe had always been pretty, and he had rather enjoyed their time together; the fact that she was a wingrider and he just a Candidate had made him loathe to pursue anything right away, but he had enjoyed their budding friendship. That Kleoth had decided to go up when she had, was auspicious...

Or at least, he hoped it would be.

It was just a flight, and he couldn't assume it meant anything more than dragonlust. No, he'd... just wait and see what came of it. Honestly, Haraven wasn't all that experienced--at least not like some of the weyrbrats out there--and while he hoped she'd enjoyed himself, he wasn't all that sure how these interactions were meant to go. "... I hope this is okay," he started, though he realized that probably wasn't the best thing to say immediately. Whoops. "What I mean is... I'm glad you're here." There wasn't much that scared or intimidated Haraven, but right now, he felt a little tongue-tied.

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:06 am
"It's...it's nice," Teohe murmurred the admission softly, the flush on her cheeks spreading. The urge to burrow closer was there, but really, it would have been hard to actually get much closer even if she tried. Her grip on him did tighten a little for a moment, before she peeped up at him again. "I'm glad you're here, too."

Clearly neither of them was very smooth or practiced about this, and in a way that was reassuring, even if it meant some awkwardness. "I hope...I hope you'll stay a little while. If you want."

Almost everyone would be getting a slow start, their typical schedules upended, so it wouldn't do either of them any harm to just stay here for a bit. It would be nice.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:19 pm
Haraven was all but elated by the quiet admission. Awkward or not, all he could tell was that he was getting some positive replies--she didn't seem upset, or distressed, and he certainly was in no rush to hurry himself away. He knew these situations were a bit delicate, but his attraction and interest had been quietly budding for some time. Kleoth's flight had only hurried things along... at least on his side. He'd tread carefully just in case he was misreading the situation--but her hold on him was heartening.

Though she looked a bit flush, he thought it cute, and only made her all the more endearing. While he'd hoped to pursue her with a little more charm, he most certainly didn't regret diving into the deep end thanks to Kleoth. He'd see what happened... and hope to draw out their time together. "I'd love to stay," he hastily assured, though he realized that might sound too eager. "Er, I mean... I mean I really would like to, if you'd like me to. I'm glad this happened, and hope it doesn't change things for the worst."

If anything, he hoped it changed things for the better but was quick to bite his tongue on that front. Surely, he didn't want her to feel pressured or obligated to say something she might regret, just cause he was where he was. But he did like her...like her. He just hoped maybe, possibly, down the road, she might feel the same.

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:06 pm
Teohe brightened visibly when he replied that he'd love to stay - even if he did go on to amend it slightly, perhaps for politeness' sake. Such enthusiasm was actually quite reassuring, and the bluerider's eyes and soft smile lit up for a moment as she gazed up at him. "I'd like that, then, if you would," she reaffirmed, continuing to leave room just in case he wouldn't, actually - not that she doubted, since he'd seemed quite sincere, but even in situations like this, she couldn't help but be polite and accomodating. "I'm glad it happened, too."

The hope he confided that it wouldn't change things for the worst, though, did have her ducking her head...she wasn't entirely certain how to respond to that. Obviously, she hoped for the same, but...had she given him a reason to think it might go poorly? "It- It should be fine, I think."

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:27 pm
Haraven did allow his hold to tighten a little bit as he readjusted how he was settled--pulling her a bit more snugly against him, not that she could get much closer if she tried. Holding her felt nice, and he couldn't help but want to better appreciate her--without it being Kleoth's driving desire. But he didn't want to scare her away, either, and wasn't quite as experienced or well versed in what girls did and didn't like.

Unfortunately, just as he was getting comfortable, she did dip her head down, and he wondered if he'd been too forward. Did he say something wrong? Was she changing her mind? Maybe she was shy? Honestly, the more he realized he liked her, the more he realized he also knew very little about her! She was a blue rider, she had come from High Reaches Weyr, and had Impressed during a swap. Technically, that meant she had five Turns before she .... could go back.

Well.

He wasn't going to think about that, especially when she was here now.

"I think so, too," he was quick to assure, reaching up to let one his hands tuck a few strands of blonde hair back behind her ear. "You all right?" He asked again. "I guess what I'm struggling to say is I... I like you. Did like you. Do like you. Very much so! And I was hoping we could keep...seeing each other?" He tried to keep from looking too hopeful, wanting to remain cool, calm, and collected--but Faranth, she was pretty and it really was awfully hard to think around her. Especially in such intimate proximity.

Meepfur
Ah, youth

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:50 am
It tickled in a lovely way when he brushed her hair back behind her ear, and that, accompanied by being pulled a bit closer, bolstered her a little after her moment of doubt - obviously he hadn't meant it to sound how she'd heard it, if he wanted her closer still. And he...he liked her...? She looked back up at him with wide eyes that might as well have sparkled. However awkward the delivery, he'd said that he liked her and he wanted to keep seeing her.

"I-I'd like that," she finally answered, also struggling to not look too...desperate, bit still tripping on getting it out in spite of her efforts. "A lot. I...really like you, too."

If she'd flushed a little before, she blushed now, rather deeply red, and ducked her head again. It was hard to deliver such a confession and look someone in the eye.

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:27 pm
Haraven couldn't help but grin when Teohe stammered her own reply. Though she had looked away, and blushed considerably, he could only take it as a good sign. Perhaps it wasn't the smoothest confession, and it was, admittedly, a little extra awkward given they were well in her bed, but he had wanted her to know. He would have hated her thinking that he was only here due to Kleoth and her flight.

"I'm glad," he admitted, wanting desperately to give her another kiss, but trying hard to behave. So it was, he simply let his fingers offer her little caresses and traces over her skin. He wasn't unconfident, but he was young, and wasn't as well-practiced in such arts as other weyrbrats his age. "Is it too soon to ask you to be my date to Kleoth's Hatching Feast?" Given what just happened, that meant there would be one heck of a party in a few months. Whether he Impressed or not, he'd still like to get to experience it with Teohe, provided she didn't have other plans. Maybe it was bold asking for something when they were only now getting to know one another--but she wasn't a complete stranger, after all; they had been friends first.

Meepfur

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:51 pm
Teohe hadn't often, if ever, initiated such things, as she simply wasn't the bold sort. Far more confident in herself, thanks to her dragon, but even Tiossith hadn't been enough to push her into bold territory - or, Faranth forbid, flirt territory, though she was sure the blue would have loved it if she'd started to take after him in that regard. She had not, however, so while she was craving another kiss herself, she wasn't quite brave enough yet, even with confessions made. Those little caresses, though, and the pleasantly tingling sensations that followed after them, were very much welcome, and she made a soft little noise, her eyes half-closing as she relaxed against him.

They certainly went some way to melting away her nerves and dispelling the tension born of stumbling over admissions. "I'd love to go with you," she answered, a blissful smile curving her lips. It was some time away, but... "It'll be nice to have something to look forward to."

Apart from the Feast itself. And the babies, of course. But as she was no longer a Candidate herself, goldflights didn't have her counting the days to Hatching time; it was easy for her to tone it out and get lost in the day-to-day, now that her future wasn't on the line every time a gold rose. She loved to see the babies, and she enjoyed the party after, but not the extent that she'd be waiting with bated breath. But a date with Haraven? Freshly new boyfriend Haraven? That she could easily get preoccupied with.

Uta

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff