Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:10 pm
It was safe to say that summertime had long-since arrived at Western Weyr, with warm breezes on the wind, and ample sunshine to heat up the beaches. While the hottest months had yet to arrive, it was plenty warm enough to encourage riders and dragons a like down to the beach. The change in weather had a positive affect among any of those at the Weyr--and while there were trials aplenty, between keeping Holders happy and trying to build trust between the Weyr and the people of Pern, the promise of summertime made it easy to forget about their troubles.

Like many, Sheyoth had decided to spend some of the afternoon soaking up the sun. Hers was wrapped up in meetings all afternoon, and there was little for the queen to do until called upon. Besides which, Hers had encouraged it. If I'm stuck inside, at least you can enjoy the water for me.

So it was, with Elysia's blessing, the queen had picked a prime spot along the coast. Treth was busy with drills, which left the queen completely to her own devices. It was one thing to enjoy a day lounging with nary a worry to be had--but it was far better shared with friends. There were many she might have invited, but Sheyoth decided to begin with a fellow queen and wingmate. Kleoth--there's ample sun and sand to share. Might I convince you to join me down by the beach? I'd find it much more enjoyable with your company. And wasn't it the truth?

Sheyoth was not so old, after all. She was, perhaps, not as young as Ilaorunth, Susurinth, or Kleoth -- but she was younger than Neliath, and some of the older golds that graced Western Weyr. They were all sisters, as far as she was concerned--bonded by duty and Weyr--surely, one could not begrudge her want of friendship.

Tsunake
Pardon the dust. She's neglected. LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:36 pm
Oh, but how nice it was to have the sun again! While Kleoth didn't mind the rain, she'd been very concerned when huts scattered among the beach threatened to flood.... and one did grow tired of constantly being coated in wet sand. She was currently settled near her beloved's hut, and the unexpected invitation from gold Sheyoth was flattering. Kleoth liked to think of everyone in the Weyr as family, and she certainly wouldn't turn down an invitation No convincing is necessary. I'd be delighted to accept your gracious invitation. She naturally reached out to Phryana, but the young woman was busy with working on some new straps and encouraged Kleoth to enjoy herself and her company.

The muscular gold allowed herself a little joy in riding the ocean winds, able to glide without any real exertion to Sheyoth's location. She crooned a greeting once she approached, landing neatly nearby. Kleoth was hardly lonely in a Weyr full of dragons and people, but odd, melancholy moods still took her at times, particularly when her thoughts strayed towards her green sisters.

You look lovely, Sheyoth. Thank you for allowing me to share the day with you. Her thoughts were warm, and she comfortably settled herself against the hot sands with a pleased rumble. Oh, but to sleep in the sun all day...! It was a guilty pleasure.

Uta
She's lovely, and so are you! <3

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:30 pm
Sheyoth was delighted by the acceptance of her invitation, and as soon as she caught sight of the young Kleoth, she took but a moment to admire her approach. The large queen certainly cut a magnificent figure, and the pale gold was certain others among the beach took notice. If the Weyromwan Second had any concerns about the future of Killakeeth's clutch given the brown Teth's behavior, Kleoth's steady nature was all the assurance she needed. They all had turned out just fine, hadn't they? Strong, capable, and a force to be reckoned with; each one an ally to both Wing and Weyr. No, her worries had been completely unfounded, and for that, the gold was grateful.

Crooning greeting as Kleoth landed, Sheyoth's eyes whirled a bright blue with pleasure. I am delighted you were able to come, truly. I feel as if it's been far too long since we were able to spend time together that wasn't time spent in drills or Fall. I trust you and Yours are well? The gold was quite eager to spend time in fellowship with the younger queen, and better kindle the bonds of friendship.

The life of a queen was not all it was cracked up to be, after all. Often many of the fighting dragons of the Weyr were gone much of the day running sweeps, drills, and errands; and her clutch children were all well grown and living their own lives. A queen, even of Western, often had much time on her hands--and it could well make one lonely.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:47 pm
Had she been aware of such complimentary thoughts, Kleoth surely would have blushed. Her dame and sire hadn't had any real part in her life since after she had found Hers, but she would never forget how frightened and upset her siblings had been on that day. She didn't often dwell upon that day--unless she was considering her own future moments on the sands... None of those thoughts were present now, and Kleoth looked fondly upon the older queen with her own blue eyes.

Oh, yes. Between the rains making that awful mess, aiding with fishing, and life's day-to-day activities, I feel as though I haven't as much time as I would like for my friends and family, recently. The two were synonymous in her mind, and the sunny weather was a blessing for that reason alone.

My Phryana continues to flourish here. There was no small amount of pride in her tone at that! She did not come to Western expecting to find a home, and she is glad to finally have a place where she belongs. Anyone who saw her could see the change. Where her rider had once been a wary, cynical woman, she'd bloomed into someone who willingly lowered her walls to connect with others. It was as it should be. As strong as one could be on their own, their strength would multiple with the love and trust of others.

If Phryana were here, she might have cautioned Kleoth about putting her nose where it didn't belong--but Sheyoth was just another sister, in her mind. Is Yours well? I know she must be busy, trying to soothe the Holds... A mixture of orange and red swirled in her eyes. The entire situation frustrated her endlessly. The way that Western had been represented due to the actions of a few... The only way forward was to make amends. Oh, but how she wished the holders could see their sincerity! She knew Western dragons would bleed and die during Threadfall to protect Pern...

Uta

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:48 am
Sheyoth sat comfortably with Kleoth, listening eagerly to the younger gold. With the sun on their backs, and the water not far from their feet, the pale gold was eager to hear about her companion's day. We might all lead busy lives, but at least we can appreciate these quieter moments of fellowship with friends and loved ones when the opportunity arises. That Kleoth was so cordially willing to enjoy time with her pleased the older gold, who did love her Western family so.

The queen gave a happy croon when Kleoth spoke of Hers and how well she was doing at their Weyr. If she exuded a bit of pride, Sheyoth was not ashamed. That does my hearts good to hear. If she is flourishing, than you deserve much of the credit as well. That you chose her, and helped her find her place here at Western, surely must have helped change her life for the better. And that certainly was the truth, as far as Sheyoth was concerned. As a dragon, she could not fully comprehend what life was like without a bondmate, for her life had not been long as a hatchling before finding Hers. No dragon could live without a rider, and it was difficult to understand how people lived without Their dragon. It seemed an entirely sad affair, which is why when her children, and the children of others did find their match--it was to be wholly celebrated for all of them.

But people were strong, and not every person was destined to take to the skies. She certainly did not pity or look down upon those who did not, or could not, Impress; but she did feel that life must surely be all the harder for them for it.

When Kleoth asked of Hers, the queen gave a reassuring croon. Mine is as well as she can be, though the pressures of her position do cause her hearts to ache and frustrations to add up. She does her best to follow Treth's and Junenth's, but sometimes she feels she is not up to task and succumbs to much insecurity. I do not always understand the ire of those not of the Weyr... but he does her best to help manage the expectations of those belonging to Hold and Hall. Sheyoth was not a queen to mince words, or speak half-truths. Kleoth had asked, and the queen was comfortable sharing Elysia's feelings. Thankfully, Hers was not present to hear such admissions, and she was far too distracted with her daily meetings to ask.

Tsunake

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff