Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC Team Mission 4 - The Classic Twist Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:46 pm
After a couple of days, all competitors were able to enjoy the city of Motostoke. Some training, unsure what kind of things Chariman Rose will have them do. While others would be travelling around the area. All around the world people were talking about their favorite teams and who their favorite competitor was. Obviously, Team Galar got the most cheer. But also some surprises. Team Snagem getting some of that spotlight with their incredible synery with their team.

It is now the day of the tournament, as everyone is at home or at their local stadiums to watch the next part of the Galar region tournament. A countdown appears on everyone's screens starting from ten. As the time ticks down, the cheering gets louder and louder. Once it hits zero, the crowd goes wild as a sky view of Wyndon stadium appeared on everyone's screen. Fireworks flew into the air as the camera flew down into the stadium. And in the center, was the one and only Chairman Rose. Alongside with him, the ever impressive Galar region Champion; Leon! "GOOD AFTERNOON VIEWERS! WELCOME TO THE NEXT PART OF OUR LOVELY TOURNAMENT!" The crowd goes wild as Chairman Rose and Leon chuckled. "Alright, I know you've all been waiting for today. So here is the challenge today!" Chairman Rose pointed at the monitor right above him as it started playing a video. The video started playing Leon battling Hammerlocke's Gym Leader; Raihan. It then cut to another scene of some trainers in the Isle of Armor Relay searching for something. One of them finally found what they were looking for. A Den. They walked up to it as it showed them doing that several times, even a Max Raid Battle to help their comrades. Once they were finished, the group then started looking for a drone. One was spotted as they ran up to it. One of the trainers charged the drone with the watts he collected as the drone soon with great speed off to the Raihan's and Leon's battle.

Back to the battle, Raihan was in a bit of a pinch. As it showed he only had one Pokmeon. It looked like his Pokemon was about to get knocked out, labeling as this battle a defeat for him. But then a light appeared in the sky as the Roto drone came darting down in front of Raihan showing a screen of his team that he can choose. He then smirked as he chose Duraludon just in time as his trusted Goodra was knocked out. He then threw out a Pokemon revealing his trusted Pokemon Duraludon. He then gigantamax it as the video concluded. It was quiet at first but then the camera switched back to Rose and Leon. "Wow Leon, you almost had Raihan there!" "I know. But thanks to his team sending a drone just in time for him to get another Pokemon out. We went another round."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:47 pm
Sundaria watched the video play, her ears laying back against her head as she did her best to understand the scene of events playing out. "Hm... So, it looks like... Is it split between one group going out hunting for those drones and charging them while the other group is battling others? That'll be interesting." Her gifted Litten would be on her lap, curled up and getting ear scritches once more. "I mean, unless they're going to have other trainers be our representatives... Do the rest of you have any other thoughts," the hybrid would ask, turning her head to look at the rest of her teammates in the room, running her free hand through one of her large locks of hair.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 am
Each regional team had their own locker room, all of them were watching the broadcast. Amazed, concentrating, while others were already scheming. Team Snagem had their own locker room as well as they were preparing. Leon wasn't really interested in the video, he'll be able to plan out what he wants to do once the rules were set in stone. "So, the ones battling here are gonna have to have really good endurance. Make sure they don't get knocked quickly, until our team mates can get us a drone." Leon figured as he could only think that his placing was wrong. He wanted Ulla to be participating this far, not him. Well, now he's gotta pull through for the two of them.

He then heard Sundaria's question as he could only chuckle. "I'll admit, it's creative. We are gonna need to plan who gets to battle while who gets to scout. We'd probably want the people with the strongest Pokemon to battle."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:19 am
I sighed while watching the video. We were at this part of the tournament already? I thought there was going to be another preliminary round doing something else.

"I should have grabbed more drones," I grumbled under my breath.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:03 am
Tristen and Freth watched the battle unfold on the big screen, seeing the rules demonstrated to all those watching. This actually seems to be more complicated than what is let on. Between having to rely on your Pokemon to hold off until you have back up be transported to you, if it actually comes to it, it makes strategizing who goes out there and who has to take the field really off. Worse, who would be considered having the strongest team here to take the field while everyone else took on Dynamax'd Pokemon? With a cobbled together mix of Pokemon freshly caught off the Wild Area and only one, perhaps two Pokemon of their own original party, its hard to judge.

Tristen did manage to get Dragonite during the final day of the Wild Area excursion to play clean up, and boy did Dragonite do that well. Beyond that, however, was a Eevee that he came into the tournament with and a Wimpod that...well, the more Tristen started to get the know the bug, the more that this thing was going to need work. Dragonite was probably having to end up carry Tristen's own team almost like old times again.

Freth on the other hand had perhaps just as bad of an issue. She came into the tournament with a Tyrogue, which fortunately enough evolved into a Hitmonchan by the end of the first day. She didn't have much opportunity to capture any Pokemon until the safari game, where she managed to capture a Cufant. She didn't get any opportunity to go after more of her team beyond that; she was taken out of the tournament temporarily before being put back in due to her boyfriend being attacked and nearly killed by an unknown assailant and needed a replacement as he was shuttled off the field for emergency care.

Neither Freth nor Tristen had any idea on just what the rest of the team had either. Freth at the very least had some idea of most people's skill sets, but had no idea what their teams looked like at the moment. Though if the first three days of the tournament was any indicator, it couldn't possibly been THAT good for anyone. "So...if you want to go with that plan, Leon, then who'd you say would actually be best to go out there on the field?" Freth would speak up. As far as both Tristen and Freth were concerned, they were wary about being on the field themselves.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:24 am
Wren and Odd were in the Snagem locker room, watching the video regarding the second round of the tournament. "I'm not sure I understand what they're trying to say here..." Wren admitted, sounding a bit confused.

"I can't be sure either but it looks like our team will be playing two parts this time around. Looks like some of us will be responsible for collecting something for those Roto-Drones and sending them to whoever's battling in this round. I'm guessing the drones can give the ones battling an edge they'll end up needing?" Odd replied as he considered the footage shown and the what the two on screen had said.

Both felt themselves wondering where they would be best suited. Wren had made his choice for his unrestricted Pokemon to claim and that gave him a total of four Pokemon but his weren't as well trained as Odd's three. Both felt they would be well-suited to the field but only Odd felt he could be truly useful in the battle portion. It all came down to whether it was up to the teams to choose their roles or if the tournament comity had prearranged the division of teams.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:43 am
"What Leon said." Sub blurted out as he approached the group, looking over his SNAG, tapping away at the screen, stopping briefly to pat Leon on the back as if to say 'I'll take it from here'. Glancing over the group he he began to point at the various members as he said their names. "Okay then, the following members will be part of our field team; Freth, Brian, Odd, Deolux, Krysta, Cera, Beau and Amaranth, you guys will be part of the field team. Terashi, Tristen, Aden, Wren, Ryan, and Leon, you'll go onto the tournament portion. Myself I'll be joining the field, I'll be much more useful there." Sub explained. Putting himself in the field was probably a curious decision to Freth if she noted it, was he still doubting himself? A question for later perhaps.

"Any objections to this division? I know some of you may feel like you're better elsewhere but we can't sacrifice all our muscle to one of the other. I feel like we need a balance to at least make a good headway." He told the others. That was when he noticed Sundaria. "...you look familiar. Very familiar. Hm...field." He simply stated. If he had his artifact it would have been very simple for the Dark One to uncover why she was so familiar to him.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:18 pm
Beau would finally snap to attention, having been fully content with watching the TV when it had been on. Not that he hadn't been listening, just....cool screen stuff. Finally looking more attentive about their little gathering, the Vivillon hybrid would look towards the others that had been pointed out alongside him. Which is when something crossed his mind. "....beginning to feel like field team is just code for 'Not TV ready or safe'." He blurted out, glancing between the two different teams that Sub had created. It certainly wasn't the most tactful way to put it, but it also wasn't exactly a statement that could be denied given the particular mix of specific people on each team. Doing his best to casually move himself on from his point before he got quizzed on it, Beau would begin to examine his two Pokeballs in anticipation of getting out to fight.

----

Meanwhile, in a dressing room close to the announcer booth, a shiver would roll through Aria's body. Glancing around for a moment, she would begin to feel some slight nerves. Not about getting to do any of the announcing. No, her nerves were mostly focused around what new disaster Snagem would bring into this particular arena. At least the collateral damage should be kept to a minimum.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DeoLux

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:28 pm
"Yes sir, I will try my best." Deo answered without hesitating. Knowing well his appearance might startle some, but it might prove an advantage. His skills as a pokemon trainer though, are very new for a tournament at best. However it seems that he could make a name for himself if it came down to it. Knowing the enemy is half the battle.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:59 pm
The Champion Leon and Chairman Rose shared a laugh as Leon stepped forward. "I'm sure plenty of you are confused so let me explain." Leon pointed up at the screen above as it changed to a battlefield. "Each region will be facing off with another team. To make it more interesting, we'll be doing double battles! So two trainers versus two trainers. Each trainer will be allowed to only use the Pokemon that they obtained either by catching or withdrew from a drone during the Wild Area Challenge! In co-op battles each trainer can have up to three Pokmeon." "Now, let me explain about the Isle of Armor." Chairman Rose then stepped up as the screen changed to the very scenic, Isle of Armor.

"Ah, the place I trained at when I was still a young trainer." "The trainers that are not participating in the dual matches, here is where you all will be. You will be entering in a relay race to help your team mates out. Your objective, is to collect a total of 200 watts to power up the same rotodrones you saw in the video and send it out to your team in the double battles!" The crowd cheered as a score board now appeared on the screen.

"Now! Here is how you can collect watts! If you find dens out in the wild, you will earn 50 Watts. Then there are also some Pokemon that are what we call in Galar: Brilliant Pokemon! These Pokemon are just your regular sized Pokemon, but they carry some watts with them. If you battle or catch one, they are worth 25 Watts! And, I've added a new little thing to everyone Challenger's Band! It's a new feature, let me demonstrate. Leon" "Yes sir." Leon held out his arm that had the Challenger band on it as it shot a beam right at Rose. As it did, some information popped up on Leon's Challenger Band showing that Chairman Rose had 300 watts. "You will be able to see how much the opposing Team has! If you were to battle a trainer and win, the opposing teams watts will go down to zero! Yep! Zero, nothing!" The crowd was in shock as it showed how risky it was to battle in the Ailse as well. "For the winning team, they will get a portion of the watts the team lost. So for example, Team Unova is running around with 300 watts. And they only have three members out on the field. BAM! A juicy 100 watt target easy for the picking!"

The Champion Leon was even shocked at how extreme this was going to be. "Wow Chairman. You really put all the stops for this one, didn't you?" Rose merely smiled at Leon. "But of course! Have to keep things lively don't we? Now, once you collect 200 watts locate the nearest drone you can so you can send it to your team. But becareful, I've put in some little tricks as well. If you successfully send out a drone, you pass. But, you do have a choice. Normally, once you pass you will head back to our lovely dojo. But, if you wish to help your team further and stay out in the wild you can. There is a risk. If you no longer have any Pokemon in the wild, you will be eliminated; even if you activated a drone."  

Cecile Silverstone

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:43 pm
Brian was watching the TV as Leon and Raihan battled it out, not really paying attention to the battle so much as the Pokemon Raihan was using. He'd never seen a Duraludon before, and assumed it must be native to Galar. Based on the color, it had to at least part Steel-type, though he couldn't be sure. Right now, he was in the locker room with the rest of his teammates that had made it through. It sounded like there were going to be two areas to this next part, though where he would be placed was anyone's guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:12 pm
This was a pretty elaborate contest. If you wanted to help your allies in battle, you have to constantly have at it in the wild area. But the longer you stay out, the more you put yourself at risk. Sub divided everyone up to what he felt was well within each skill sets; Tristen lamented he should have saw this one coming. He was trained in battles like these, as was Aden and Ryan as he was told at one time. Terashi, Wren, and Leon was perhaps just as well. It...didn't though exactly put him at ease. Last time he battled in anything major like this, he was in the Battle Dome in Hoenn, and while he performed pretty spectacularly his age, even managing to get the privilege to fight the Battle Frontier Brain of that facility, he was utterly thrashed by aforementioned Frontier Brain.

"Relax, Tristen." Freth said, staring at the Manetric hybrid teen. "You can do this. Just do the best as you can. Besides, you wanted to do this. And if nothing else, you can pretty much show Blizzard how well you done after this is over. I know you got a little upset over him the other day." Freth said.

"I wasn't-"

"Don't." Freth interrupted. "It was all over your face. And while maybe Blizzard was in the right possibly thinking Horus probably would have took you to school and...well, you probably had a bit of a grudge on Horus blinding you're judgment, I'd agree that at the very least he should still have let you try, win or lose."

"....."

"Let it go, Tristen. You want to test yourself. Now's your chance." Freth then told him. "You'll do fine."

"Okay."

Tristen would walk off, making his way nearby Aden, making sure he was at least with someone that was going to be within this group.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:35 pm
A bemused grin would form on the hybrid's lips as Sub commented on her looking familiar. "You have no idea how many times I've heard that. Maybe I have one of those faces?" Sundaria wasn't going to argue going to the field, though. Between Litten being her first Pokemon in quite some time and said Litten being her only Pokemon, that was rather understandable. She patiently waited for the full explanation afterwards about how the field team would work out, pulling out a malasada from her bag and taking a small bite. Traveling in the Isle of Armor, having to keep care to either avoid getting ambushed into a battle or make an ambush herself maybe, all while collecting these watts to help the other half of their team. That was going to be interesting, especially since it seemed that Snagem was earmarked as a team to ambush and sabotage "Hm... You think you can take on some of those Pokemon out there on the Isle," she would ask her little fire cat, petting him as she waited on further orders.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:03 pm
Cecile Silverstone

Watching the events showing up on the screen, Aden tried to take in what he could of the hype while he overheard the others in the locker room. "I mean, if anything, Sub has the right idea," he remarked after hearing Sub, pocketing a Pokeball he'd withdrawn shortly before coming here. "Divided like that means both groups should be of equal strength, and some of the ones in the field don't have Wishing Stars anyway; they wouldn't be able to do much more than scout or enjoy the vacation."

He had to admit Sundaria felt familiar to him too, but like Cera may have found herself, trying to discern that wasn't working out. As if she was trying to keep something locked away. He figured he'd have plenty of time to worry about that later, so for now, he'd give Sundaria her space. Instead, he'd look to Tristen and Freth, and saw the former of the two going towards him.

"I... so, I meant to ask about this last night and it's fine if you don't want to answer, but what happened to Blizz yesterday? I overheard about him ending up in rough shape, but that's about it and I didn't want to pry. I was trying to whip up some plans with proceeding to this round and all."

SubonicXP

Cera and Amaranth wouldn't have an issue with the division either, neither of them being able to move to the tournament proper anyway and the whole watt gathering thing probably being a bit more their speed.

"I can work with that, yeah. Besides, they should know what they got into allowing a Pokemon to participate like anyone else. It's not like Lapras or Applin...?" She trailed off for a second, confirming in her head if she got the name right. "They wouldn't have to fight alone. And Sundaria? If you want, I'll stick nearby. In case things get rough on Litten there."

"So more scouting... alright, fine," Amaranth replied, her mind somewhat distracted as she was still trying to figure out the hammer artifact still on her person. Hopefully the Rock Channeler that had it before isn't too upset. "The island shouldn't be too different from running around and scavenging from the Wild Area, plus Sirocco and Swift should be enough to handle a few threats." Apparently, she'd sorted out a name for her Rookidee during the night.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 pm
Ryan had been watching the video and found the concept interesting, if not a bit outlandish. But given the host of this tournament, he couldn't say that he was surprised.

Ryan then listens to Sub and his given assignment. So he would be here battling? That was fine by him.

"Sounds like we have a rather tall challenge ahead of us today, yeah? Time to meet it head-on and see how we fare." Ryan says as he stands up and stretches out.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff