Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:21 pm
User Image
The day had begun as most of Maile's days did: looking for any scraps other predators might have left behind. Not possessing of very good hunter skills, she preferred to just follow her nose to recent kills. Sometimes she'd be lucky and find some nice soul willing to share with her. Usually these were creatures on their own or with smaller families to feed. Sometimes she got chased away when she approached, before she could even say hi. Those were the most rude. It wasn't like she was staring at their meal with her tongue hanging out. At least not every time she was instantly shooed away was it because she was staring at their meal with her tongue hanging out. She tried to keep her manners, to seem impartial to mooching off others. But sometimes the smell of meat was just so tantalizing, she couldn't help it. It wasn't her fault. Why did nature make the herbivores taste so damn good!

But so far today, she couldn't pick up any smells of dinner in any direction. Nor any leftover kills. Not even something decaying! She made a grunting sound in her throat from where she lay in the soft grass, placing her nose back between her paws. Naw, all the greedy vultures would have picked apart anything that had been leftover. And if not them, the hyenas. They could eat anything. Maile wished she could eat anything. Than she wouldn't be hungry so much.

For a moment, she closed her eyes, thinking a nap would be good. By the time she woke up, someone would have a kill, right?

But before she could even start to drift off, something smacked her on the head. With an annoyed growl, she opened her eyes and tossed her head, only to be hit by the unmistaken aroma that was meat! A glance up at the sky showed a vulture beginning to circle down to attempt to steal the morsel from her. She wasn't going to allow that to happen!

Unfortunately, while she was focused on watching the bird in the sky, she wasn't paying attention to anything else nearby. Where there was one vulture, there normally were more. Like a whole flock. So while her eyes watched the one above, another swooped in and grabbed the rabbit leg right from under her nose.

"Hey!" Maile cried out, snapping her jaws at the fleeing bird but only catching air. "Why can't you greedy birds ever learn to share!"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Inku had been on his own for quite some time now, he wasn't sure how he liked it. It had been just a fact of life. He'd gotten used to hunting and hiding his own food from others and dare he say he had gotten quite good.

He could see vultures circling and a few on a nearby tree as they started trying to stealing from another wild dog.

He wasn't really sure what to do. On one hand he could leave. His mom probably wouldn't forgive him for letting this gitl fend for herself. She wasn't doing to bad but if the rest of the flock became active she'd probably get pecked to death.

But if he did approach it would look like he'd come to steal her meal.

"Um did you need help?" He called from a distance  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:56 pm
Maile was busy glaring at the retreating vultures when the voice came suddenly to her ears and made her jump. How did she allow herself to be snuck up on so easily? Oh, who was she kidding. She had such horrible hunting skills, an elephant could sneak up on her. From the front. And she'd not notice unless it blew hot air into her face from its trunk.

Wait. It wasn't an elephant behind her, was it? Oh, that'd be terrible luck if it was. Elephants were so mean when you were in their way. Just giant bullies more than willing to run over anyone in front of them without much warning to get out of the way.

Turning around slowly, Maile's eyes were on the sky, far above the real speaker's head. Her eyes drifted down as she found him, standing there and staring at her. Oh! It was just another wild dog. It'd felt like so long since she'd seen another of her own species. There were so many felines out here. Not that she had anything against felines, but one was naturally more excited to see another like oneself.

"Not really," she answered, eyes going back to the sky in front of her, watching the flock disappearing more from view. "The rude creatures drop a leg on my head and snatch it back up. They always tease me!" And she shot one last glare in their direction, despite the fact they were so far away, she'd just be a speck on the ground.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:00 am
"Oh, ok sorry for bothering you." He said watching the flock head out now that it had finished teasing the female. He was a bit jealous. Guess there hadn't really been a point to speaking up but at least he'd asked.

She'd be fine now that the birds were gone... probably. "Take care then" He said turning to leave. Guess she didn't really want or need company.

He'd just go back to his own carcass he'd just finished hiding when he heard her. He definitely wasn't lonely or anything at all. She seemed so cheerful too but, it was fine.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:31 am
Maile's head shot back down to the speaker, eyes a little wide in confusion. Bothering her? Why would anyone think they were bothering her? She wasn't being grumpy, just answering a question. Wasn't she? At least she didn't think she'd been rude at all.

"I'm sorry!" she quickly apologized, bowing her head so she was looking at the ground at her paws. An ant crawled across her vision, intend on its job of collecting food for the colony. Even an ant was a better hunter and scavenger than her, how embarrassing. "I didn't mean whatever I did." She raised her head just enough to look at him, looking up through her lashes, hoping he'd turn back around and there would be no hard feelings between them. That'd be an awful thing to have hanging over her head for the rest of her life.

"The birds are gone, you can't really help me with that. But I appreciate the offer for help."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 am
yeah she was certainly right, Inku seemed to not have great timing in general. Maybe he shouldn't have stopped talking to others. having secluded himself for a while in his own loneliness. It was a bit difficult to remember all the social graces with his first interaction in probably years.

"I just haven't talked to anyone for a while." He admitted bashfully as the skin below his fur flushed slightly. though he probably shouldn't have admitted that so readily.

Oh was he supposed to say something else? You're welcome maybe? he should tell her his name... that that's good for introductions "You're welcome?" he said hesitantly before continuing "My name's Inkululeko, you can just call me Inku." his name was certainly a mouthful, he remembered vaguely others having trouble pronouncing it.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces