Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:29 pm
User Image

Well, here she was.

Mizuchi had made it all the way to the border unnoticed.

She told herself she hadn't been trying that hard, that this was just a test of the local security to see how much attention was really being paid to slaves like herself.. but in truth, she'd chosen to go at night, when much of her fur would help her blend in. She'd been quiet and chosen the less worn paths. She used what knowledge she had of the hunting parties and patrols. She'd actually tried very hard to get where she was. And now she had a clear view of a path out of her boring, pointless life .. and the only one here with her was the Great Lion.

"It's so bright, you may as well be wide awake," she muttered, glaring up at the sky, "I suppose it doesn't matter if you're just waking up or wide awake, you're not really watching me, are you?"

Hrmph. She really should just walk away. Nobody out there would blame her.

And yet she sat quietly just on the inside of the Mwezi territory, looking outward.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Horae had just come onto her shift, a yawn escaping her maw as she tried to shake the sleepiness off her eyes. She had attempted to take a short nap before her shift, but the sleep had come to her too easily, and it had been hard to fully wake up.

"That's the last time I nap before a shift," she mumbled to herself, her eyes starting to scan around to make sure everything was as it should be. It was then that she realized someone else was here. She approached slowly, the moon lighting up their frame but Horae didn't know everyone in the pride and frankly didn't care to.

"Excuse me," she said rather bluntly, "but no one else is supposed to be here. What are you doing?"

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:10 pm
Staring outward and grumbling at the moon, Mizuchi was not paying anywhere near enough attention to notice when she had been caught. The gruff voice calling out to her brought her back to reality in an instant and she nearly jumped right out of her fur. Immediately, she was on her feet again and staring with wide, pale eyes at the guard who had caught her.

"Nothing, nothing!"

Well, that wasn't suspicious at all.

The urge to run gripped her but the fact she didn't know which way she wanted to go held her firmly in place. It didn't help, either, that the guard that found her was probably fast & strong enough to catch her if she chose wrong..

"Uhhh.."

Think, Mizu. Think!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:03 pm
Horae took a moment to raise her eyebrow and sit down, her tail thumping against the ground in mild annoyance. She couldn't tell if this other was a liar or just generally as clueless as she came across.

"'Nothing' is not the correct answer when you're caught on the border," Horae said with an irritated sigh. "As one does not come here with nothing to do; there is a task you've been assigned, or there is mischief afoot. You should tell me more than nothing, as it is my job to keep an eye on everyone within our homelands."

She flashed her eyes more brightly at the colourful lioness, the white fur patterned against her face making it easier to read her expressions in the moonlight.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:57 pm
"Uhh.."

Dammit, the guard had a point. You didn't come out here for no reason, and she wasn't feeling particularly welcome to speak her mind.. not that she really could, especially with a stranger. Relative stranger. She did look sorta familiar, but then most of the pride did. Would it be distracting to ask about that? Is a distraction what she needed to get out of this?

Now was not the time to be questioning herself, not in front of a guard, when she had put herself into real trouble. Even if it was all she seemed to do with her time nowadays, she had to pick an excuse and stick with it.

"I.. got distracted while out for a walk, it's such a nice night out and I was sure my friends were supposed to meet me somewhere around here," she said, not sounding the least bit convincing but seemingly committed, "We must have been talking about different hills to meet on, since we never crossed paths."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:00 pm
Still comfortable in her sitting position, Horae's face scrunched up for a moment trying to consider what grand plan this younger lioness was trying to come up with on the fly. It was very obvious that she was lying through her teeth, but Horae was just at the beginning of her shift and she really didn't want to deal with hauling her back home already.

"Right... because there are so many hills here," Horae replied flatly, very obviously not believing her.

"And quite honestly, how do you have such a poor sense of direction and yet didn't manage to cross over the border?"

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:59 pm
Yup, this guard definitely looked like she didn't believe a word coming out of Mizuchi's mouth but Mizuchi knew the best to avoid being caught in a lie was to commit. She managed not to flinch at the flat response calling her story into question and put on a sheepish smile.

"That might be why I never did find my friends.."

It was more of a mumble than a loud declaration now, but the question about the border straightened her up a bit. She even cleared her throat before answer.

"I may be lost but I know where I am, of course I wouldn't go outside our territory! It's not safe, especially for me!" she nodded fervently- and then realized what she had said. Maybe running was the right option after all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:24 pm
Horae squinted again. This lioness wasn't very smart, but at least she was clearly not malicious in her intents. Horae decided to pick herself up and have a closer look at this curious little lioness that was clearly lost.

And as she was trying to decide what to do, it seemed like a kernel of truth finally came out. "Ah, there it is. You aren't supposed to be out here." She drew closer now, giving a bit of a stare down now that that the truth was out there.

"So I take it you're just hoping I don't report you for straying beyond where the Great Lion would prefer to see you?"

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:30 pm
Yup, foot in mouth and of course there was no way the guard was going to let it slip by unremarked upon. Mizuchi averted her gaze and considered her options and, rather than continue this conversation, she started walking. Walking back into the pride.

"I really should get heading back, my friends will be wondering where I am after all," she said, "Would love to stay and chat but it's getting so late.."

She waited until she'd been allowed to take a couple steps away and then bolted before Horae could stop her. She was sure she could be caught but she hoped she was running in the right direction to avoid that hassle. She'd have to go hideout with Gran and Gramps for a while.. but then maybe the guards would go looking for information on her there. Maybe she could hang out around gramps, or chill with gran instead..

Yup, she was definitely in trouble.

If she did anything like this again, she'd have to be ready to commit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:41 pm
Horae was about to just give her a warning, but it was rather annoying that she decided to run off before even listening to the guard. She sighed, shaking her head as she watched the lioness run off. She wasn't sure if she should bother even remembering her face, but the guard decided that she should just maybe warn her the next time she saw her.

Whatever. Back to her quiet guard shift, as long as all the excitement had decided to be up front.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas