Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] A Private Ceremony (Itiri/Nche/Aphelios)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:43 am
User ImageUser Image

In the grand scheme of things Itiri had neither been dignified or graceful in his pursuit of this particular lioness. At every twist and turn he had fallen face first in to the dirt and it was a miracle that the miscommunication hadn't resulted in far worse. Fortunately it seemed like someone, or something, had been looking over his shoulder and conveniently picking up the pieces at each step to ensure that eventually things worked out for him.

It was safe to say that without all that divine and even mortal intervention he wouldn't have been stood here now. Waiting expectantly for both 'Priest' and Witness to arrive. Aphelios was with him of course, demure and in as calm a mood as she always was. If she was filled with nerves then she certainly didn't show it.

...Then again, he'd deliberately done this so that they didn't have to be performing seals that day. One mess up and he'd never live it down, or he might have done in public but in private circles, not so much.

"You need to relax," Aphelios finally spoke and gave a small shake of her head. "It's no wonder you suffer from clumsiness when you're always dancing in place, give your toes some rest..."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:38 pm
There was something about unions that always managed to put a little flutter into Nchekwube's heart. He was a sentimental guy, so that probably wasn't any sort of surprise to anyone. The occasion of Itiri's marriage, though, was a special one and the Amusu found the butterflies in his chest especially active. He'd been working with the Onyeisi for a good while, now, and part of him supposed that eventually this day would come.

Something about way Itiri's mannerisms around Aphelios, the way his paws seemed to be completely knocked out from beneath him, sometimes, was comforting. It was nice to know that love had a way of bringing anyone down to earth.

The tawny lion smiled as he approached them. He'd brought their witness, someone that all parties both agreed was appropriate to have attend the ceremony and quiet enough as to not make this whole thing a scene (which was about as difficult as one might imagine, given the gossip-happy bunch that the pride seemed to be).

"So," he called out warmly, looking first to Aphelios then to Itiri. "Are you ready?"

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:56 am
"I'm ready to watch him forget how to speak again if you are," Aphelios had a rare moment of humour, flashing an impish grin at Nche. She wasn't often one to let this part of herself shine through, but given the immediate audience she seemed to feel reasonably comfortable and safe to do so. Coincidentally, true to form Itiri had rewarded her with an 'uhhh' in response to the question himself - he could always be relied upon to deliver in her time of need.

...Or simply put, if he could look like a dunce in her midst then it was highly likely this would happen. How he went from completely competent to this dork was a puzzle to anyone and there was a psychologist somewhere that would find the transformation to be fascinating.

Nevertheless he did manage to provide a nod of confirmation and cleared his throat.

"I believe so," he said finally and took a breath, raising a brow at Nche as he did his best to ignore the teasing smile he'd seen. Not even he knew why it always seemed to happen, but she certainly made sure to make it obvious that he was no more special than the next lion in the pride and even his dignity could falter!

oo DeD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:44 pm
At Aphelios' grin the lion couldn't help but give his own little smile. One that only grew when Itiri followed up with his eloquent 'uhhh.' There was something about the way Aphelios managed to pull out this moreā€¦ tangible? version of their Onyeisi. Nche himself was guilty of having a grand vision of their Chieftain. Only as their working relationship became a more friendly one did he learn to treat Itiri like what he was at the core of it all: just another guy.

The Amusu nodded his head to the pair and shook out his shoulders as though he was preparing to take on his more professional role. He led them to the prepared ceremonial area. The shrine there didn't belong to any one of the thirteen families specifically but was recognized as a place for the families to come together. For them to be unified. A small collection of specific bones had been brought from the catacombs. One from the family of Itiri's ancestors, and one from the family into which Aphelios had been adopted. In each collection was a single skull from each family. A skull that had not yet been shattered, representing the ancestors spirit still remaining in this world. These were family members, here to bear witness to the binding union.

"So," Nchekwube said finally. "As we officially begin this ceremony, are there any words or vows you wish to speak here, before the witnesses, both mortal and spirit?"

Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:17 am
Aphelios fought back the urge to smile at Nche's question, if there was ever a time where Itiri probably should speak at length it was now but it didn't seem like he would be able to string a speech together any time soon. He would hardly be eloquent and she knew that, nor would she judge him too harshly for it. Entertaining as it might be for her she did know it could be awkward and a touch frustrating when the worst left him, particularly in public.

"I'm set in this," Itiri replied simply and gave a nod. "This is the right choice, and though I know that some may regard it with some trepidation, they need not," he offered a nod towards his own ancestors and smiled. They had been hit just as hard as any other lion and he had lost those dear to him, to embrace an Outlander might have been controversial for some of them.

"We never really had custom vows at home," Aphelios murmured gently and shook her head. "But I will honour your ways and make sure they're given the respect they deserve."

...Odd as it was to speak to bones, there did seem to be some method to the madness even if she couldn't hear or see it.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:39 pm
Nchekwube nodded at both their words, trailing his gaze first from the pair of lions then to the pair of skulls.

"Your words are witnessed and accepted, by both the living and the dead." The Amusu looked then to Itiri.

"Itiri. My friend. I feel as though the entire pack has known this day would eventually come, but some might be surprised to see how exactly it all unfolded. As your friend, let me say that I am so very honored to have witnessed this bond between you grow. Do you vow to honor Aphelios as your wife from this day forward? Do you vow to honor your pack, your family, and your ancestors by treating your wife with nothing but love and respect, for as long as you both may life and into the afterlife beyond?"
Epine de Rose

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:24 pm
It was with a curt nod to Nche and a pointed look towards Aphelios, then the lion finally took a rather deep and measured breath before confirming that he was definitely sure of what he was about to do. Come rain or shine, and any other drama that might arise from this union, he was happy to have selected this particular lioness and in time his ancestors would realise she was a good egg too.

"I do," he agreed softly, soon to be rewarded with a warm smile from the young lioness. The time for jokes and jest were over, at least for a few more minutes, and it seemed that his brain also understood this. No longer tongue tied he could at least do what was absolutely necessary and Aphelios could definitely appreciate that.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:18 pm
The Amusu nodded, his expression professional although he was unable the hide the small smile that touched the edges of his mouth. He turned, then, to the pink lioness.

Some might have thought that Itiri's choice of a mate was a political one. The Chieftain himself was marrying someone who was so clearly an outsider. If only they could see how much sense it made beyond that, though. Perhaps they would, after time. Perhaps it would allow more of their numbers to open their hearts to the outside world.

Nchekwube turned then to the pink lioness. "Aphelios. Admittedly I haven't known you for as long as I have Itiri, though I am glad to have met you. And glad you've made such an impact on our dear chieftain. Do you vow to honor Itiri as your husband from this day forward? Do you vow to honor your pack, your family, and your ancestors by treating your husband with nothing but love and respect, for as long as you both may live and into the afterlife beyond?"  

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:47 pm
Did she? Well obviously she had said yes and after a moment of deliberate hesitation, one where she maybe wanted a certain someone to sweat for a moment, she gave a serene smile and a small nod of her head. She did indeed intend to uphold the values this pride had and though she was still learning them, she would make sure to exemplify them in the end.

...As for the politics of it all, well she'd cross that bridge if she needed to?

"I do," she confirmed. Short, simple and sweet was all that was needed for this particular deed and after that she'd have to prove herself through both words and actions. For now though, she had done the 'official' part, the rest would be the next chapter in the story.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:37 pm
The fluttering in his chest had returned. Nchekwube was happy for the two of them. He truly was. The marriage of their Chieftain would be a great thing for the pride to celebrate. He imagined the pride would be coming together again, soon. It was near time to open their borders once more and see what the outside world held for them. And this union would surely be on the mind of their brethren when that time came.

But he couldn't be thinking that far ahead now. There were much more important things to think about in the present.

"Then it is my own great honor to pronounce you, before the witnesses of the living and the head, husband and wife."

They were words that he had spoken before. Such ceremonies always held a special place in his heart. But this one felt even more so.

"So!" He said finally after letting the moment sit for a nice settling time to really let everything sink in. "I believe we owe ourself a nice little feast, hm? This is a moment for some celebration!"

Epine de Rose
fin!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:55 am
"You are absolutely right, Nche," Itiri agreed, feeling the weight lift from his shoulders. Even though their party had been rather small to say the least, the pressure had still been there and bizarrely, maybe it had weighed on him a little more heavily than it should. That being said he took comfort in the fact that if he had stuttered then only a small section would have seen it...good humoured as he was, he liked to keep some of his dignity where he could.

"A wonderful idea," Aphelios agreed. "I propose we intrude on my beloved friend, she was musing over the possibility of opening up something cafe-esque as a project and it could be fun to see how she handles a customer of six," she grinned.

It was with that she strode off easily leaving the others to follow when they were ready. Regardless, she did have faith that they would have a nice meal today even if she did catch a certain someone off guard, but she was curious as to whether said friend would be able to handle it. No time like the present and she did, at he very least, have to tell the good news anyway!

oo DeD
Plunking in a lil closing post for the pair as well!

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games