Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Settling In (Elibrie/Kinye+Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:06 pm
"Oh, you're fine," Elibrie told Lord Chomps, frowning at the grumpy little flit. He'd been so practically from the moment he'd hatched, but had been especially so since she'd Impressed. He had actually taken very well to Kesucianth, but he had not taken to their relocation to the Weyrling Barracks. He was a territorial little fellow, and being removed from his territory was a most unwelcome turn of events. It was, at least, an amusing sort of distraction for his bonded. It might seem the end of the world to the firelizard, but to her it was cute, and just...delightfully normal to be dealing with one of his little tantrums. "Here, look, it's even our same blankets."

Brightstar and Lullaby obviously approved, as they were comfortably curled up together for a snooze. Kesucianth looked on with a mix of curiosity and amusement.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:45 am
"Is he having a tantrum?" Kinye asked from her own cot where she sat stroking Metisoth's head. Canvas sat perched on her shoulder, creeling jealously at the lack of attention he was receiving in wake of the girl's impression. Yes, he'd been fed and doted upon, but he had been hers first and right then she was not petting his face! "Oh hush, you're fine," Kinye admonished, but still turned her head to kiss the side of his.

Clearly, it wasn't enough as he continued to peep in dismay - which caused both Fresco and Ebauche to look up from where they'd taken over her pillow. Was it time for crying? The pair joined in the creeling, though there was much less dismay to the duo who had contented themselves in curling up together.

Metisoth, for her part, seemed content to simply leave her head in Kinye's lap - as it still fit there and she wasn't about to lose her quickly shortening window of enjoying it. It is comforting to know that it is not just my Kinye's firelizards that behave so, she told her brother, clearly not too put off by the fits being thrown. If it didn't settle itself, the green would move to do it herself.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:18 am
"Yes," Elibrie answered with a sigh, shaking her head. "He wants to go back to his cot instead of this one, except it's not our cot anymore." Trying to get that through to his tiny little head was proving difficult, but at least he wasn't an especially vocal thrower-of-fits. He was more of a sulker, with bonus angry noises if something or someone really upset him.

Unmoved by her arguments as to why this cot was equal to the previous one, Chomps continued to sit on their trunk and glower at the offending sleeping-place.

"Fine, be that way," the bluerider told him and sat down herself to enjoy a bit of cuddletime with the other two. And Kesucianth, of course. "The rest of us will just be comfortable without you."

When Kinye's trio took up a sad chorus, she smiled fondly, while Brightstar lifted his head and tilted it curiously, with a little peep of query. "Oh, what a tragedy. It's so hard to be a little flit, isn't it?"

The rest are not quite as bad, Kesucianth noted, though he was also glad to know that this was, evidently, fairly typical flit behavior. The two absent ones could be a bit rowdy, but they were sweet enough. But I do hope he accepts his new living arrangements soon.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm
"Oh nooooo," Kinye immediately sympathized, reaching out to gently boop Fresco and Ebauche each on the nose in turn. It quickly silenced the pair who continued to watch Canvas who had simply grown noisier in wake of the two joining in his screaming. There were crimes being committed against needy flits and nobody understood him!

Seemingly over the fuss and noise, however, Metisoth lifted her head and gently reached out to boop the tiny screaming bronze with her nose and a soft admonishment for the fuss. Come now. That is no way to behave in polite society, Canvas. she scolded with nothing but tenderness as his eyes flashed with bewildered confusion from the gesture. But the green's will was stronger than even the boldest of firelizard and it seemed to silence him for the time being.

There. That is far more becoming of a dignified firelizard. A shame he cannot see it on his own. she turned her attention onto Chomps and Kinye gently redirected her from trying the trick again upon the firelizard that was very much not hers. If he doesn't, he'll sleep cold and alone on the cot - and I imagine a few winter nights there and you'll find him trying to cuddle up.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:50 pm
"I always knew he was particular, but not this particular. I don't think it helps that he misses Lusialu, too." The pale flit was exceedingly picky about people, but he'd come around to Lusialu in time, and now there were different people all around! Nevermind that they weren't all different, as Kinye was hardly a stranger. But there was no Lusialu and no Oranie, and he did not approve of this shake-up.

Watching Metisoth deal with Canvas, Elibrie was impressed. "Well, that takes care of that. Just as well, or he'd be very unpopular in no time at all." She imagined a flit who misbehaved loudly would be even more unpopular in the Weyrling Barracks than in the Candidate Barracks. Now everyone really, really needed their sleep - not that she'd done terribly well in that area herself, so far. "He'll come around, I'm sure," she agreed, "He just doesn't like change, apparently."

She couldn't entirely blame him - change could be frightening, she well knew. Case in point...most of her life, at the moment.

Kesucianth pressed his nose against His' leg, offering a wellspring of love and comfort, as always, while Chomps hissed at Metisoth for looking at him while he was having a grump. He knows better than to bite a dragon, I think, though perhaps I give him too much credit in saying so.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:49 am
Kinye nodded sympathetically to Chomps' plight - she too missed seeing Lusialu as constantly as she had before. She'd been so certain that when Elibrie went and then Kinye herself and Yunara after that, that they'd all been meant to go together and Lusialu would be joining them as well. But she'd not and while the girl held her feelings very close to her chest, Kinye was certain she was having a lot of them.

"Oh, yeah. I'd have quieted him before bed, but he doesn't need to start up a chorus of screaming firelizards in the barracks," she reached up and booped the little bronze's snout with a finger, earning another briefly alarmed look before he rubbed his entire face along the digit. "I think they're all just getting used to having to share time and space with the dragons," and they'd have to because Kinye wasn't about to wish Metisoth anywhere else - ever.

Metisoth stepped from Kinye's side to also lean her snout next to her brother's, offering her own love and support - though not impedingly so. Kesucianth was doing a fine job of it, she simply wanted to add her own. I can't imagine such small teeth could hurt much, but dragon hide was thicker than human skin - this she understood as to why the Weyrlings themselves made no attempt to manhandle Chomps.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:46 pm
Elibrie, too, missed Lusialu. She dearly wished that their friend had Impressed with them; though she'd always known it was possible they'd Impress separately, in her heart of hearts she'd hoped they would all be together...but it hadn't happened that way. They had no Lusialu, no Oranie, no Juhvek. The young bluerider sighed.

At Kinye's talk of a chorus of unhappy flits, though, she let out a little huff of a laugh. "Now that would really go over well at lights-out." The displeasure from the Weyrlingmaster over such a thing would be quite something, she imagined, and was certainly something she didn't wish to see. She was suddenly very glad her lot were reasonably well-trained, even if Chomps was territorial and Snoops a bit nosy. None of them were likely to get her into trouble. "I'm surprised Chomps is dealing with it as well as he is, to be honest, but he actually seems to like Kesucianth, even if it does mean sharing."

When Metisoth approached and offered her support - and nose - as well, Elibrie blinked in surprise. "Oh...hello." Tentatively, hoping neither Metisoth nor Kinye would mind, she offered a gentle little scritch. "Thank you."

Kesucianth was also somewhat surprised to be joined by his sister, but appreciated it nonetheless. A fair point. Their teeth are quite a bit smaller than ours.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:49 am
With the little bronze silenced, Kinye hoisted him from her shoulder to set him in her lap - an adjustment made easily as Canvas immediately settled in with a cheep and a plea for more scritches.

"I'd wonder if our firelizards get bonded to our dragons too - I mean, some of the bigger creatures of Pern can't really 'share' like a firelizard does, right?" Kinye had never seen the felines or dolphins of Pern, but she knew a Wher wouldn't share with a Dragon at the very least. Perhaps flits were simply more adaptable in that way?

Metisoth hummed, briefly leaning into the scritch from Elibrie before moving to settle in next to Kinye again. Canvas eyed the green, making a show of leaning into the girl's fingers as she rubbed along the side of his neck. Because this was his lap now, thank you very much! Metisoth, for her part, didn't seem to mind if it kept the loud flit quiet.

I should hope he isn't biting anybody who isn't a dragon, however, she noted, figuring that the name 'Chomps' had been fairly earned.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:04 pm
"Maybe?" Elibrie considered the question with interest, peering at her flits as though they could provide an answer. "Maybe it's something to do with how they usually live in fairs." And while she had five and that was quite a lot by most standards, she'd heard of people having even more than that; maybe if she hadn't Impressed, she'd have continued to collect them, but she was more than content with her set of perfect blues. Perhaps in some way, they just considered Kesucianth a part of their 'fair' now. Lullaby in particular seemed to get on very well with him, and she appreciated that immensely.

Kesucianth returned to resting his head in His' lap, and received rubs behind his headknobs for it - not that that was why he did it, as he stuck to her like glue regardless, but it was quite lovely to receive such attentions. Only if they ignore his considerable warnings, I am given to understand.

The red eyes, the posturing, the hissing, the grumbling, and so on. While Kesucianth didn't precisely approve of such behavior, he also didn't begrudge the flit his space, and if someone ignored all the warning signs and got bitten, well...they had been told, in flit-speak at least.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff