What Is a Skinwalker? | Ashura & Faelan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a completed Discord roleplay between Ashura & Faelan, written by Shi Berry & RockerWolfie1616.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User ImageUser Image

Although he was barely recovered from his previous encounter with the panda bearwalker, Ashura was on a new hunt. A cat resided in this forest and made an effort to ensure everyone knew this was her territory. Her smell hung thick between the trees whose trunks she scored repeatedly with her claws. He found it curious, however, that, even though her presence was obvious, he was unable to find the creature herself.

The white walker was beginning to wonder whether or not the cat was hunting him when, suddenly, he finally found her. The trees opened into a meadow, and there she was, all but concealed in the tall grass. She was not stalking him, but a blue... another fox? Ashura squinted at the other Soquili. Sure enough, he was vulpine in appearance, but not a skinwalker -- and he was blissfully unaware of the danger around him.

Luckily for him, Ashura was not the least bit interested in pursuing him; the kitsune's prize was the lady.

When he was within reasonable distance, he rushed forward at the catwalker, a white blaze streaking across the grass. She was surprised, snarling when they clashed. Her feline agility saved her from Ashura's initial strikes, and her counter was just as swift. The ensuing duel was fast and ferocious; she fought intensely, and Ashura was still hindered by his injuries from his fight with the panda. Somehow, she shifted into her feral form -- a mountain lion -- and found purchase on his back. Ashura was forced to roll on the ground to free himself, and the two tumbled together in a mass of fur and blood. When he got back on his feet, he picked up his sword as she lunged at him. He slashed to meet her, and his blade found her neck, separating her head from her body. Both dropped to the ground, as did the victor.

He had overexerted himself, and he was hurting. He had almost forgotten about the other fox in the meadow, who had likely witnessed the battle. Ashura relaxed nonetheless, for what fool would linger in the presence of skinwalkers?

► Word Count | 352

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:14 am
Something was wrong. Yet the naive stallion couldn’t quite put his paw on WHAT was wrong. Faelan had wandered too far from his mates territory..he’d been trying not to panic..contenting himself with hunting for gifts. Gifts for his new found family..already a few rabbits were slung across his back. Their pelts made nice material for the kids dens after all! It was as he bent to sniff a flower that the ruckus began. Everything shattered. Faelan was quick to duck behind a large tree, ears slicked back against his skull..hackles raising defensively. The pelted creatures were familiar but, their scents made him continue to hide. These were not family. As the air became tinged with the overbearing aroma of blood..he peeked out. The scene was gore filled, a body limp on the ground by the other figure. Nose snorting once Faelan took a few uncertain steps towards the living walker. Seeing the injuries the unafraid stallions stepped closer..head cocking to one side. “Are you alright? D-did..was she trying to kill us?” Pointing a bit to the fallen soquili Faelan edged only a little nearer..a concerned whine following. “You’re hurt..” Memories swam all around the blue stallions head, the scent of blood was dizzying. The scent of skinwalker did not frighten him anymore. Instead it brought a warmth..a comfort. “I’m Faelan. Don’t be afraid..m-may I offer you a meal?” It wasn’t much. For potentially saving his life; yet the male nosed a plump rabbit off his back..gently placing it by the walkers paws. Questions swarmed the starry male. Things he’d thus far been too afraid to ask Nash or Kinak..fearing it would delve too deep..that he’d upset or hurt them. Brows furrowing he was soon lost in thought..muttering a bit to himself..paws flexing upon the grass. Maybe this stranger would have answers.

Word Count: 301

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:16 am
User ImageUser Image
Ashura was wrong, and his eyes snapped open at the sound of the other fox's approach. Instinctively, he attempted to raise his head, only for his vision to blur as he did so. While he could not examine his wounds, he knew he had lost too much blood -- thankfully, from the summation of many injuries rather than a few, critical ones. Given his condition, he was vulnerable to attack; however, like his blue vulpine companion, he was also lucky. This fox was not aggressive -- quite the opposite, in fact. He sniffed the rabbit, before his red eyes fixed on the blue fox's distressed face.

"She was trying to kill you," he clarified, his normally pleasing voice strained from exhaustion. He huffed as the fox told him what he already knew: he was, indeed, quite hurt. "Oh, really? I had no idea." Ashura held the rabbit as he tore into it. The flesh was welcome, the best medication he had at the moment. "I'm not the scared one here," he retorted, casting a knowing glare at the blue fox. He spoke slowly, unable to speak for too long before his body demanded more air. It was a miserable feeling. "What's wrong with you anyway?" He peered at Faelan, discerning that the blue fox was fearful of the situation rather than of the malicious kitsune. "Why are you helping a skinwalker?"

► Word Count | 229

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:20 am
Ears flickering thoughtfully Faelan offered a more relaxed smile, dropping a second rabbit before the skinwalker. Concern was still clear in his actions..though he dared not try to clean the more obvious wounds. That would be going too far right? “Kill me? I wonder why..” Frowning now he carefully sniffed Ashura, tail swaying patiently. “One of my mates is like you..except feline. Plus you could have just let me be killed.” Yet he hadn’t. So in the naive males mind that meant this was a good skinwalker. Good like Nash. “They hunt bad creatures like her too..so you must be good like them.” Smiling brightly he started to wander around the area..never straying too far. Idly he dug up a few small roots and plucked some medicinal herbal leaves. Even with a terrible memory Faelan’s mind used scents..to tell him what was safe or not. Returning back to the strangers side the herbs were also dropped. “Chew the roots, they’ll help with the pain..” Questions still buzzed in his brain. “Can I ask you a question? I can’t really ask my mates. However I don’t want to be too intrusive.” True Faelan had skirted around these questions but, they remained hidden away. “I just don’t know anything about skinwalkers..and I want to learn more. To be a better..” Face feeling heated he glanced away..paws shuffling uncomfortably. "Please? I promise I’m not scared of you ; nor would I bring you any harm.” Tone becoming softer Faelan dared get a touch closer, tail offering a friendly wave.

Word Count: 256

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:22 am
User ImageUser Image
Ashura's eyebrows rose just a touch. "Mate, hm? You sure she's not trying to eat you, too?"

At least Faelan's logic following that absurd statement about a skinwalker 'mate' was sensible. No, Ashura did not allow the other fox to be killed, and, yes, he did hunt down other purewalkers; however, that was not due to the goodness in his heart. Perhaps it was for the best that he saved the blue fox, though, for he certainly required medical attention. Without, he would have to recover on his own, and he was in not in a sound state to defend himself if the need arose. In order to continue receiving care, he held his tongue, and did not reveal his motivations for killing the cat. After years of maintaining the facade of a reformed purewalker in his herd, this behavior came naturally to the white walker.

As instructed, he gnawed on the roots. "You really don't know anything, huh? Else you would be scared of me." He continued chewing, allowing his words to hang in the air. "Ask away."

► Word Count | 179

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:24 am
Snorting out a laugh Faelan settled down next to the stallion now, still giving him space..tail thumping the earth to calm his racing mind. Though he wasn’t as forgetful as when his mates had found him..the male still got jumbled often. Got lost easily. His sense of direction was abhorrent; that was putting it lightly. Leaves gathered between his paws Fae started chewing one up..wincing at the taste. With no warning or ceremony he licked the medicine over a more visible wound. Grimacing as the bitter taste of medicine mingled with blood. Still he repeated the action a few more times before relaxing..eyes half lidded in thought. “Nash is a male. He would never eat me..though we do hunt together often.” Snorting out another little laugh he busied himself with shoving a second root at the stallion. “I know things. Even though my memories often fade..even when I get lost.” Why would he be afraid of someone who had saved his life? Of someone who reminded him a bit of Nash..because the male was realizing he loved the feline walker. Clearing the thoughts with a little shake of his head..he ventured to ask his first question. “Does it hurt to change form? You can’t get stuck that way right?” The question felt childish yet he couldn’t stop them..a third soon blurted out. “D-do all walkers hunt other bad creatures?” Eyes wide with wonder & admiration he hoped the herbs had started working. “I hope the herbs don’t sting too badly. I should have warned you. To be fair you are acting like a big tough guy.” Tone teasing he laughed again, at ease despite his company..despite the now forgotten dead body mere feet away.

Word Count: 284

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:27 am
User ImageUser Image
Faelan's uncanny comfort around a skinwalker reminded him of the members of his herd, how they engaged with the white kitsune as if he had no malice in him at all. They knew the nature of skinwalkers, but believed Ashura to be an exception, and he wondered if this Nash fellow was peddling a similar lie to this naïve, blue fox. The kitsune also understood Soquili infatuation, and how it was of little use to convince them of their lover's motives. He would not waste his breath, opting to focus on the nature of skinwalkers rather than specifically targeting Nash. Ultimately, it was of no consequence to him what became of the blue fox; however, if he truly wanted to learn about skinwalkers, Ashura would tell him the unfiltered truth.

He started with rather basic questions that warranted equally simpler answers. "The shift from small to large is more uncomfortable than the shift from large to small... but I wouldn't say it hurts. You don't get stuck either way... well, unless you die, I guess." He gestured to the corpse of the mountain lion, frozen in her feral form. "I think most walkers have a high tolerance for pain anyway."

Ashura paused before answering Faelan's last question. "No, they don't." His gaze rose from his rabbit, resting on the inquisitive fox. "We are the bad creatures."

► Word Count | 226

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 am
Turning minutely Faelan settled a third rabbit between his paws, easily eating as the skinwalker spoke. “Hm.” Though Ashura’s final statement had him responding with a little huff. “No.” That was all he responded with, ears partially flicked back. “We all make choices..I know some have an evil nature but, You and Nash are different. You could have killed me even with your wounds, or let her kill me before attacking. Correct?” If he had let the female attack she would have been distracted further..Faelan would have fought of course. Though he doubted he’d be much of a match for the mountain lion. “Is it possible for skinwalkers to love then? I need to know.” Heart picking up speed his gaze focused down upon his paws..trying to keep the hope out of his voice. Nash loved Kinak right? That meant they could fall in love too..but, what if he couldn’t? “I know not everyone is the same. Surely you have friends? Maybe family?” Where was he going with this? Mind becoming fuzzy around the edges Fae let his head drop down upon his paws. “I’ll be your friend if you have none..everyone should have at least one.”

Word Count: 197

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:32 am
User ImageUser Image
"Maybe," Ashura shrugged slightly. "Definitely now, but you're giving me food and medicine." He watched the other fox for a moment, his face eerily calm for one whose words carried such dire threats. "It's not in my best interest to kill you right now."

These non-skinwalkers had this strange fascination for love. In Ashura's past, love was the ultimate test of his supposed reformation. Skinwalkers were incapable of such emotions, so, when he feigned affection for the mare who was cursed to love skinwalkers, no one in that herd ever questioned his nature again. That mare was incredibly useful, for, had he not convinced his master that he was unequivocally changed, the old swordsman would have never left the herd under the protection of a skinwalker. "No. We don't feel those things, and we don't make lasting, nice bonds with others... not even our own kind."

He continued to eat before responding. "None," he paused, once again holding the blue fox's gaze. "I was raised and trained by a master swordsman. He killed my actual parents, who were terrorizing a herd, and took me as his son and apprentice. I lived with them until I was skilled enough to kill my master and that herd who loved me like their own, including the mare who loved me more than you love your Nash." His lips parted into a faint smile, forming an expression that flirted with the boundary between charming and sinister.

"Do you still wanna be my friend?"

► Word Count | 249

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:36 am
Mind slowly sifting through things the male gathered the rabbits pelts, carefully cleaning them..bones soon piled up. The words were meant to wound..but, to him it was the skinwalker that sounded wounded. Standing back to his paws he quietly gathered more roots, humming as he did so. It was a lot to take in. “Then why have Nash and Kinak been together so long? They have children and hunt evil bad soquili together..doesn’t that contradict your statement?” Head tilting a bit he settled the pile of herbs at the males feet again. “Don’t eat them whole. Just chew when the pain is bad..they should also help stave off infection.” Yes he was listening, processing though he seemed resolute at the last question. Eyes unwavering he offered the same kind smile. “Yes. As I said everyone should have a friend. Even if you think I’m unintelligent or naive.” The words were true. Fae had only recently found himself falling head over paws for Nash. The word love lingered..burned like a brand in his heart. “My love is new but, you cannot know it’s worth or depth.” Eyes only mildly sad Faelan gave the other a bold bump with his nose..snorting once..making sure their eyes met. “You are my friend. Even if you can’t reciprocate..I want to be your friend. However...” words stilling his ears swiveled wildly at the sound of a horn in the far distance. Kinak. Unsure how his mates would react to the skinwalker Faelan gave the males wounds a few more cursory licks. Once satisfied he dropped his final rabbit..pelts now slung over his rump again. “I hope we meet again. I may not remember you right away..but, I’ll remember your scent.” Smile still warm he dared nuzzle the injured walkers ears. Stepping back he almost hesitated..ears drooping at the idea of leaving. Kinak and Nash would be worried..perhaps even furious. “My mates are looking for me. Be well my friend.” Tail wagging he gave a little bow of his head, warmth radiating from him. Learning about skinwalkers had been so interesting!

Word Count: 344

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:39 am
User ImageUser Image
Again he shrugged. "Couldn't tell you. The reason why they hunt is more important than the fact that they hunt evil together." He shook his head in disbelief. "You are both. Befriending a skinwalker isn't a wise choice. You should ask that Nash guy about that."

Ashura laughed at his next remark. "No, I can't. I told you, I can't feel love. And yet, that mare... she knew everything about skinwalkers, how evil we could be and how dangerous we are, and, still, she loved me without question. She never wondered if I loved her, and she definitely didn't seek out other skinwalkers because she felt like she couldn't talk to me." He wondered if his gentle criticism of Faelan's inquiry would leave a shadow of a doubt in his mind, if only to sew discord in his relationship with the skinwalker he loved. Perhaps Nash would reveal his true nature to the blue fox if he felt that his lover was slipping out of his claws.

He was still rather weak, and killing the other fox would waste more energy than he was worth. So, the white walker allowed the affection, huffing lightly at his talk of friendship. "Whatever you say, 'friend,'" he replied sarcastically. Ashura watched as his only 'friend' disappeared into the trees, summoned by that blaring sound. The world worked in mysterious ways, and, indeed, they may very well meet again. In that case, Faelan's hopes would be misplaced, for he would witness Ashura at his full strength, and the skinwalker could demonstrate his kind's capacity for evil.

► Word Count | 259

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff