Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
The days felt longer now that Hokulani and her sisters had no pride to call their own. There were no more celebrations. No more planning's. No real need for her to put her crafting skills to use. Ever since she could remember, she'd had a talent at creating just about anything that she tried. She loved helping the event planners by making prizes or games. Now she just had her mother and sisters to make things for. There wasn't much need for baskets, balls, or trinkets to wear on your body when you were out in the roguelands. Why pretty yourself up when there was no special occasion to show off?

Not that she ever wore anything that pretty. Her mother would willingly dress up in any jewelry she was gifted, proudly displaying her gifts as if she didn't care the quality or style of them. Hokulani was sure she really didn't care. Eli always seemed so happy with whatever life threw at her, including the disbanding of the pride. Hokulani had been born there. Of course she was a bit upset about it. Elikapeka had been born in the roguelands. This was just a return to her birth.

Stretching out the full length of her body, Hokulani yawned, flicking her tail up in the air in agitation. There was really nothing to do out here but laze around, hunt, and patrol for danger. She really should try to do something else to occupy her time. She was beginning to grow lazy herself.

Than the Gods answered with a figure in the distance.

At once, the blue lioness' body language changed. Going from slow and lethargic to alert and ready. She wasn't about to trust this stranger, who just suddenly appeared with a stride that, to her, looked like he knew what he was after. She had heard many stories about the other kinds of prides out there. He could be some raider, looking for new slaves or females for a harem or some other nefarious reason to be coming towards her with such purpose. She barely waited for him to be close enough before she started yelling," "No further!" watching him stop in his tracks. He remained standing still as she covered the distance between them, getting close enough to see the blues of his eyes. He wasn't a lion familiar to her. "What do you want?"

Hokulani was, of course, being too quick to judge. In no way was Harith's stride "with purpose." He had simply wandered into her line of sight, with no real purpose of where he was going. He, too, was finding life in the roguelands different from being in a pride. But not for the same reasons as hers. Being on his own and not being used to getting his own food, there was plenty excitement for him. It was just....Lonely. He had such a large family and now....He didn't. Seeing another in the distance had made him feel hopeful. At least for a moment.

He tried to tell her this, but before he could get his vocal chords to form words, she interrupted him.

"Nevermind!" Getting behind him, she pawed roughly at his heels. "You are suspicious. Move!"

Nikkichomp
She's bringing him to Eli to "decide his fate." xD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lendiweh had been lounging on a large, warm rock near her sister. She was halfheartedly keeping her peripheral vision tuned to her surroundings just in case some unwise prey came roaming by the two lionesses, but she knew the odds were effectively zero, and was enjoying the sunshine while she had a respite.

When her sister's posture changed, Lenni sighed inwardly and pretended not to notice for a few moments, waiting to see where Hokulani was headed so that she could pick an alternative path to the same place. Whether it was prey or foe, lying in wait was always a better bet than showing your full strength up front. The tip of her tail twitched as she stalked through the shadows, nearing a rather pretty strange male. The way his white mane seemed to glow against the black of his upper body and sides of his face entranced her, though she would never admit that to a stranger. Lendiweh wondered what he was doing here; she knew they'd marked their current roaming area thoroughly and he had to have chosen to come here anyway. But why?

As Hokulani began to herd him back to their matriarch, Lenni quietly slipped from the shadows and began walking next to him. "What's your name, stranger?" she asked.

Hoshi Lockhart
getting a start on this finally!!

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 pm
Harith never made a single objection to the rough treatment the blue lioness was giving him. She should have counted herself lucky it was him who had wandered this way and not some of the crueler Pads who would have tried to lay claim to her and everything around her as his own. His old pride had not been small, so this boost wasn't just him blowing hot air about the fact he was a decent lion. The likelihood of other males wandering near this small family territory was high enough. They must have all scattered in different directions. He knew from his time with Eli as an adolescent that the views of his pride wasn't something shared across the lands. Maybe other cultures kept harems. Maybe others kept reverse harems, as odd as that was for him to imagine. It seemed better for a male to keep many females than the other way around, if one was going to have a family group like that to begin with. At least than everyone had a good chance of carrying on their genes if they wanted instead of having to take turns with one lioness.

Personally, now that his pride was gone, Harith didn't care what his future family dynamic would be. It was bittersweet. He was sad to see his family gone, more sad to have lost his mate in the confusion. But he'd had a lot of time with his own thoughts since then. It was relaxing to not have the pressures of a pride around your shoulders. His status would have been judged by how many females he "commanded" in his own home and the number of sons he sired. Out here, none of that mattered.

Behind him, Hokulani was scowling at his back, her ears pinned back in distrust. She was poised to spring if need be. She never even flinched when her sister joined them, choosing to talk directly to this invader. Hoku's eyes were burned into the back of the male's head. She could single-handedly watch this intruder.

"Harith," he answered, turning his head slightly to view the second pretty blue lioness that came alongside him. Obviously from the same litter as the one behind him. She was very similar in colors and patterns. His family had some nice blues, as well. And beautiful swirls from his father's mother. He, though, took mostly after his mother's side.

Keeping his voice low, he tried to add in "Is she always like this?" to the more calmer of the two sisters, but felt a swipe made at his back legs anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:13 pm
Lenni snorted at the stranger's wry comment and glanced sidelong at him. He was calm despite being annoyed and that intrigued her. Most males would have tried to overpower any lone lioness but he had complied with her sister's gruff bossiness. Definitely something different about this stranger and she was hoping there would be more chances besides just this forced march back to Eli for her to interact.

"Pretty much," Lenni told him with a grin, the laughter in her voice poorly disguised. She knew it'd probably irritate her sister, but...she just couldn't keep it hidden. This whole situation was already unexpected and she liked that. Her spirits were high for the first time in weeks. The boredom of a day-to-day with nothing new and no responsibilities beyond finding enough to eat was grating at her something fierce. Maybe the adventure she'd been seeking had just walked right into her life? Wouldn't that be nice.

She glanced back at her sister with an eyebrow raised and then turned to speak to Harith again. "You seemed to know where you're going, anything in particular you're heading toward?" she asked.  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:20 pm
Oh, Harith felt very calm. He wasn't sure why he felt so calm. He'd been such an awkward adolescent, not knowing how to interact with females. He remembered the first time he'd met Eli. He'd shut his mouth and clammed up, so she had done all the talking. She had been the first lioness he'd met outside of his own pride. Inside it, he was no stranger to some of them, passing them by so much as he grew up. Inside his own den, there was only his mother and his father's other Banu. He guessed he could thank his time with Eli for helping his social skills with unfamiliar lionesses. By the time he'd come across Sethunya, he'd been more willing to speak to her.

Ah. That was a pain that would always fester a little, wouldn't it? Nothing he could do about it now, he wasn't sure in which direction she had gone. Her scent had been covered over by other scents by the time he'd covered the whole area. He hoped she was fine, at least. She didn't deserve a terrible end.

Harith snapped out of his thoughts, blinking twice before turning his head towards the blue lioness at his side. "No. I don't think so. I had an idea, but I guess my paws had another. Should I not be here?"

"Of course not!" Hokulani spat from behind him, glaring at his fluffy white mane. "Who'd want some strange male wandering so close to their old pride lands?"

Now he turned his head to look over his shoulder at the other blue sister, confusion all over his face. "Whose old pride lands were these?"

"Sikukuu."

"Sikukuu?" Turning his head back to watch where he was going, Harith thought a bit over the name. It sounded familiar. "I'm from the UkuuchaWafalme. It is no more. I have family in the Pridelands. I was thinking about going there. Guess I went the wrong way."  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Lendi raised an eyebrow at him. Searching for family, huh? She could only imagine the amount of loneliness and frustration that might come with, traveling alone, chasing dead ends and lost scent trails. Lendi was grateful she was still here with part of her family - the part that hadn't scattered in the aftermath of the pride disbanding. It was better to have some family than none, and thankfully that family was still growing. They would rebuild and escape with their emotions relatively unscathed. Many others had not been so lucky, and it sounded like this stranger was one of the significantly less fortunate. She considered walking in silence but her curiosity got the better of her.
"Tell me about your family," she prompted. She knew it was probably a sore subject, but sometimes wounds needed to be examined and exposed to the air in order to begin to heal.  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:43 pm
Harith glanced over at the sister walking beside him, giving only a little turn of his head. He'd never spoken about them out loud since the incident, but felt like he should oblige, having stumbled by accident onto their territory and all. They all had a right to ask him as many questions about where he came from and what he was doing here.

"Well, like I said, I have family in the Pridelands." Surely they'd heard about the Pridelands, at least. The oldest of the prides. He was about to continue on when the sister behind him suddenly pipped up.

"I think father came from the Pridelands."

Turning his head around, Harith offered her a smile in response. Which only got him a glare in return. "I imagine many families originated from there. My mother's parents were born there and relocated to UkuuchaWafalme. My father's family had already been living there. I'm not sure for how many generations. I have four brothers and one half-brother." He paused, thinking of Seth suddenly. His jaw worked a little as he forced her back from his mind. No. He wasn't ready to talk about her. Or even think about her. He'd tried his best to find her, but he just couldn't and hoped she'd found somewhere safe to settle down in. "There's really not much else to tell about them. I had a rather boring upbringing full of love and lessons on how to be a respectful lion." He looked back to the lioness at his side, a soft smile on his muzzle that reached up to his eyes. "Do you have a more interesting story?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Lendiweh shrugged at the lion, rolling her shoulders gracefully. "Not much to tell if I am being honest. We used to have a pride, now we don't, me and my sister here live with our mom and our other siblings are scattered so far we don't know where any of them ended up, or if they're still alive. So we just stick together." She wasn't sure how much to share with this stranger but she'd pried about his past, a topic that was painful for most everyone these days, so Lendi kinda figured that she owed him the same courtesy. "We are just doing our best now that everything is different." She padded along in silence thereafter, leaving it for him to fill, or not, whatever suited him. Lendiweh was fine either way.  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items