Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:19 pm
Once Nemeryn had been deposited safe and sound in Western Weyr by one begrudging rider and one cheerful dragon, it had been a whirlwind of motion and activity. There were no idle hands here, Nemeryn assessed with approval. His mother ran a tight ship, and... He felt a small pang at the thought. The decision to leave the life he knew and his family behind, though quickly made, had not been easy. His father would keep everyone safe, and Nemeryn would keep in contact through Wave.

He glowered up at the rumbling sky for a moment, wondering how long the rains would last. It didn't make for smooth sailing. He could already feel his clothes getting a bit soaked, and after a moment, strode to where he could at least take shelter. He'd been told someone would be along to collect him shortly, and... well, he stood out enough, he assumed, by standing idle.

For now, he watched carefully, taking in the sights of his new surroundings with no small amount of interest. Nemeryn had little experience with dragons and the like, which was hardly a surprise. The infamous pirate queen herself was in charge here, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to see her for himself. He'd grown up on stories of her ferocious crew and their plundering... He crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back as he settled in a deceptively relaxed position. He didn't expect anything to happen to him here. Only an idiot would truly drop their guard in a strange place, however.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:42 pm

When the duty of welcoming a new candidate fell on Aneirin's unsuspecting shoulders - well, it wasn't welcoming so much as letting the man know that Candidatemaster A'ral was going to be late - he was surprised, to say the least. Certainly he had not anticipated that he might be greeting someone like this. Not after only staying at the Weyr for... well, about two clutches. Yet it filled with him with an undeserved sense of pride. Most likely it had been a matter of convenience, since he was not currently attending to any other tasks, more than anything else.

Still, it was nice to have something semi important on his plate. So it was that as he walked down the hallway he had no idea of what awaited him on the other side. ... Although why a rider had left a new candidate outside was a bit of a mystery. Seemed like they hadn't been taking their duties too seriously, at any rate. Aneirin traversed the hallway and almost stepped outside, when he noticed a figure sheltering from the rain.

"Hello, Candidatemaster A'ral said he was going to be a bit late," he said, dimly aware that that profile seemed a bit familiar. He didn't have a very good view of the man's face, but... something told him he should know exactly what and who he was looking at. "My name's Aneirin, what's your- Oh." Oh indeed, for there was no mistaking that that was Nemeryn. What was he doing here?

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:02 pm
The sound of a familiar voice was enough to give him a jolt, and a sharp glance was enough to confirm it. "Aneirin." The big man straightened up and clapped both hands on the other's shoulders, not entirely sure if he wanted to shake the former courtesan or embrace him. Nemeryn wasn't one to believe in fate--but to have the luck to be brought to the very same Weyr as his friend? It almost seemed like too great of a coincidence.

Never the most verbose of men, words entirely failed him now. Aneirin looked... good. Much more casually dressed than he'd ever seen before, but Aneirin could wear a tuber sack and still look incredible. Shards, he'd feared he'd never see him again. And so the words finally came. "You left." He tried not to sound reproachful, he really did. He didn't blame Aneirin one moment for leaving the brothel--how could he? Nemeryn hadn't even been at Rivercrest when the dragonrider had come. He knew it was stupid, but he'd missed the courtesan fiercely.

"I got your note." He forced himself to say, still studying the other's face. "But I couldn't let that be the end of it." Of what? Well, that was going to be more difficult to explain.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm

If the poleaxed expression on Aneirin's face didn't give him away, his silence very well might. It was a rare occasion indeed when Aneirin didn't know what to say. At first, he just stared at Nemeryn, not quite able to absorb the fact that the pirate had tracked him down. Not only that, but... "... You're a candidate?" he asked, eyes a little wide. Nem was a candidate? Not that he doubted Nem's worthiness, but well...

... Well, they were at Western, anyway. "I didn't expect it to be the end of it," he groused, crossing his arms over his narrow chest. "I figured I'd hear from you." what he hadn't thought would happen was for Nemesis to apparently take it personally. Like Nem didn't know how much he hated that his best skill was in the bedroom. Not everyone could be a pirate!

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:24 pm
He nodded slowly, almost like he didn't quite believe it himself. "I am." Not that the rider who had brought him was thrilled about it, but apparently it wasn't his decision. His brows furrowed for a moment... and he wondered why he hadn't thought to send Wave to find Aneirin. Definitely hadn't even considered it.

"I worried." He finally admitted a touch gruffly. Worried that Aneirin would find a new life, a dragon... He couldn't compete with that. Shards, he'd worried that something would happen with Thread--and he'd be none the wiser. "So I came looking." And had somehow gotten himself Searched in the process.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Sinking his head into the palm of his hand, Aneirin sighed. "And your mother doesn't mind?" he asked, fighting off the sudden appearance of a headache. Of course Nem had come looking. Of course Nem had gotten himself Searched in the process. Sharding pirates.

"Look, it's not that I'm not happy to see you, but Nem... I left a note. I didn't expect you to worry. It's not like I knew when you'd be in port next." And why exactly did he feel like he was trying to defend himself? He'd done nothing wrong. Nemeryn wasn't a jilted lover that he was having to fight off. "Guess this isn't what you had in mind, is it?" he asked, glancing up at the man with fierce violet eyes.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:40 pm
"No." Maeryn had understood. Shards, his mother understood things far better than he did! The furrow in his brow only increased further, his expression troubled. "I know." He did know. And part of him wondered if... maybe he hadn't made a mistake? Maybe Aneirin had wanted to do this for himself, without his past tagging along.

Ugh, he wasn't good at this.

"I guess not. But it wouldn't be me if I got it right the first time." He rumbled, one side of his mouth ticking up in a weary smile. "I'm not blaming you for leaving. You didn't even owe me a note." The thought hurt, but it was true. "I didn't expect them to offer to bring me here. I decided to take the chance." Even if Aneirin wasn't there, it had been a chance.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:46 pm

... No, he wasn't wrong. Nemeryn was hurt. Aneirin knew that wounded look all too well. That hint of a smile that held words that Nem just wouldn't say. Not that he knew what those words were, but it was like the man. "You hated my work," he pointed out, quirking a black brow up in inquiry. So... since Nem had hated his profession, why wasn't he happier?

"Wave could've found me," he pointed out. "And besides, I said I was going to Western Weyr in the note. I wasn't hiding." He hadn't been trying to avoid him, just trying to take a chance himself. "Nem. You're just..." Augh. Such a pain in the a**! Aneirin's hands balled up into fists, dropping to his sides.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:57 pm
"I did. And she could have." He admitted ruefully. No, he's not at all sorry that Aneirin didn't have to entertain anyone anymore unless he chose to. The bigger man barely tilted his head to the side once those pale fists clenched, and he reluctantly allowed his own arms to drop as well.

"Just wanted to be around you." Nemeryn finally said, his brows still creased. "If that's a problem..." Well. He'd offer to go, but he knew he'd be lying. Besides. His mother would never let him live it down.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:20 pm

The frustration that had been building in Aneirin's heart evaporated as though it had never been there in the first place. Which it undeniably had been. He could never stay mad at Nemeryn for long, as much as he wanted to. "Nem, you're a lot," he told him, as if Nemeryn didn't already know. Glaring half-heartedly at the other man, Aneirin sighed.

"How long did you stand out there in the rain and why didn't that dead glow of a rider show you around himself?" It was assuming a lot that the rider was male, but well. 50/50 shot?

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:32 pm
His brows quirked at that, but the smile threatened to creep back on his face as well. "Does that mean you're not mad?" He asked, knowing well enough that Aneirin was anything but shy when it came to his temper. Still, it was hard not to appreciate someone that could handle his less-than-verbose conversation.

He shrugged at the question, torn between amusement and chagrin. "Not very long. I... may not have been real polite when I met him. He looked like he wanted to try and knock me on my a** before his dragon took a shine to me." Nemeryn hadn't expected to get verbally ripped apart like he had, either...

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:06 pm

If Aneirin ever got ahold of that rider, he would give him a piece of his mind. He was not impressed with a rider who couldn't be bothered to do his job. "And he calls himself a Searchrider?" Aneirin snapped, violet eyes narrowed in distinct irritation. At least it was no longer focused on Nemeryn, anyway.

"Was the dragon at least nice?" From the sound of it, the dragon had seemed to like Nem, at the least.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:03 pm
Nemeryn, wisely, did not smile as Aneirin's heat switched targets. If he ever came across the Searchrider in question, it would not be pleasant... for the rider. He'd certainly been raked over the coals by the former courtesan before, and it was almost as intense as facing a dressing down by his mother.

He was quiet for a moment, thinking. "Yes. Surprisingly." It was hard not to feel awed when he'd been peered at by the enormous creature... He'd seen dragons flying overhead before, but to meet one face to face had been a different experience entirely. "It was a little overwhelming." Not that he'd admit that to anyone but Aneirin, mind you.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Running a hand irritably through his hair, Aneirin gave a huff. "Well, he should have known better. Wait til I tell Master A'ral how he left you out here in the wet." And not with a single thing to shelter himself under! The rider hadn't even checked to see if he'd all his belongings! Or so Aneirin assumed. With a faint frown, Aneirin looked Nemeryn over carefully. "Shardit, boy, how long were you planning to stand out in the rain? Come inside - I can at least take you to the barracks to await the Candidatemaster."

A curious cheep sounded as Spot came gliding in to land on the white haired Candidate's shoulder. Once upon a time he had had a particular lady friend, and he was eager to see her again. "Don't you start, Spot. Now is not the time or the place!" Hands on his hips, the young man gave Nem a level glare. "You're soaked to the bone, you nitwit!" With a flounce and a toss of his hair, Aneirin slipped back toward the way he'd came, gesturing for Nemeryn to follow him.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out