{PRP} And in the Darkness, Secrets {??}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:31 pm
{Fuzzy-timed to just after the Cocktail hatching. Pls forgive shite phone post. heart }

Rossoth had been fed, bathed and oiled, and he still didn't seem... real Ke'res... How odd, to think that of herself when Keleres had satisfied her for so long... Ke'res and Rossoth. Reborn from loss, shadows and lies to become something whole and whole some.

She drew her knees to her chest, crumpling yet another scrap of unwanted hide as she watched the soft rise and fall of the brown's chest. He looked so... Relaxed, and yet ready to face whatever the night might have in store for him. There was a tense preparedness in the back of her mind, like she wasn't quite unable to unwind, coiled to the last, and she noticed the flicker of his tail from time to time. Learning to separate herself from him would take time- but she didn't dare imagine a world without him now. Her guardian. Her protector. Her...

Conscience, he had told her earlier. She glanced away from that perfect face, staring at the fresh hide before her. Ceylisse expected news. She always wanted to hear what happened at hatchings- who comported themselves with dignity (or not), which holders had gotten friendly with riders, who the Council kept their eyes on... Keleres had been her little trundlebug, her wallflower... But Ke'res was different. She had to be.

Rossoth would not allow anything else.

That presence stirred once more. He was always there... Always ready. Coiled. Pulled taut within her mind. She pulled away, dancing once more with the awkwardness of her own discomfort. Vulnerability with others frightened her... Progress with Mari, for instance, had been slow and meandering as she had adjusted to the truth of her feelings... Scared as she was by losing those whom she loved, and loved her in return.

Ke'res glanced once more at Rossoth, his sleeping form showing a peace she did not feel. She loved him. The moment their minds had met, she knew that she did.

And it /scared/ her. The intensity. The force with which she now reckoned- his strength, his power... She wasn't ready.

She slipped out of the cot, making for the outside world, for the night-time aie, desperate for space to think. Rossoth was... He was everything. And where did she figure in his plans, other than as his rider? She shoved the blank hide in her pockets, picking her way past the barracks and into a clearing.

Belior and Timor watched from above, solemn gaze unblinking as stars created a glittering frame around them. Kel forced herself to breathe deep- inhale, exhale... until the peace and serenity of her old self returned. The familiar mask fell into place. It was another role.

/Did you think you could escape?/

The touch was gentle within her mind, the voice calm and filled with assurance. Of course he was here. He was with her no matter where she went.

"I would never want to escape. This is my home."

Rossoth fell quiet, but sat beside his rider, tucking his tail neatly over his forepaws. For a long moment they stood side by side, watching the darkness, until Kel reached out and stroked his head gently.

"I couldn't do it. I don't know the right words to say. How do I tell her?"

/You don't need the right words right now. Focus on the next step, and leave the past where it belongs./

Ke'res frowned at this, pushing red curls away from her face. "I could never forget her... I could never just let her go. I need to tell her something."

/Did she truly believe we would never meet? My presence is statement enough./

This elicited a giggle, which surprised Kel. She didn't think her heart was capable of laughter in that moment, but Rossoth was so much more than just a shadow in the night. He was sweet and loving deep down, and funny and loyal... She should have known, but the depths of his mind, hearts and soul still dizzied her.

"Thanks. You know... I'm not so afraid of the future, now that you're here."

/Good. Because there is much we need to do, and I did not choose you just to watch you fall now./ He leaned into her affectionate touch, gently butting her side. She wrapped an arm around his neck, content to bask in the darkness and silence.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 am
Ke'res and Rossoth hadn't been the only ones who'd found it a little hard to sleep--not far away, Lyfrocier had done his best to work through a rather similar series of questions and conundrums, uncertainty sending his mind scrambling like marbles on glass. He was glad that Guarath had chosen him, of course; beyond a word so simple as glad, really. Overjoyed? Blown away, amazed? There were plenty of options, but finding just the right one seemed determined to elude him for the time being.

The problem, however, was not Guarath. Not at all. She never would be, not to Lyf. But to his parents--well. That was a different story.

He wasn't supposed to be here. He wasn't supposed to wander off and lie, and then have the gall to Impress on top of that; he was supposed to be on a Journeyman assignment, but he'd fabricated even that as well. Lyfrocier dreaded the day he'd have to tell them, and the thought of it had come to the forefront of his mind not long after his earliest attempt to sleep, sinking down to the pit of his stomach like a stone. And so, he'd thrown himself out of bed, deciding it better to pace himself exhausted outside--his Green followed along after him like a shadow, her love and concern plain in her whirling eyes.

Ke'res and Rossoth are over there. Guarath's voice didn't startle him, thankfully--it did make his head snap up, however, and he blinked a few times as he tried to focus on them properly in the darkness. Whether or not they'd been spotted was anyone's guess, but on the off-chance that he'd been just as obvious as he felt he'd been, Lyfrocier settled for a short wave in their direction.
Would you mind--
Not at all. She did mind a little, honestly, given the fact that Guarath would have much preferred to help Lyfrocier sort through this herself, but she reasoned it might not be quite so bad. Rossoth was fine, as far as she was concerned.

Rossoth...? she began, turning to face her brother and his rider. Mine would like to know if everything's alright over there. Pausing, Guarath huffed quietly to herself, glancing back up at Lyfrocier to study his face. Although he'd once again mustered that mask of calm, she could see the faint lines of worry still present, and she couldn't have that. And--I would ask if the both of you wouldn't be opposed to some company tonight, either. At least until Ours can sleep.

Sweet Symmetry

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash